Do You Listen To More Male or Female Artists?

i'd say it's about the same, although as an instrument i do enjoy a female's voice differently (but not necessarily better) than a male's, specifically in a sensuous and sexy way. and i'm talking about the likes of Minnie Riperton, Marsha Ambrosius, Leila Arab who just naturally know how to convey their sensual feelings across a song. it's too attractive.

as for male vocals, it's more of an association than a spiritual lap-dance but admiring the unique quality of vocalists is universal across all genders so i don't have a preference.

Marsha Ambrosius is awesome..I can't wait for her album to drop!! I think she is a great vocalist...

I listen to more Male artists than Females..I say 60% Male and 40% female..

I want to say males...but I listen to female singers too.
I'm not really sure actually. I do find male singers more appealing though. But I don't really have a preference.

My position hasn't changed since two years ago, with or without capital letters.

i'd say it's about the same, although as an instrument i do enjoy a female's voice differently (but not necessarily better) than a male's, specifically in a sensuous and sexy way. and i'm talking about the likes of Minnie Riperton, Marsha Ambrosius, Leila Arab who just naturally know how to convey their sensual feelings across a song. it's too attractive.

as for male vocals, it's more of an association than a spiritual lap-dance but admiring the unique quality of vocalists is universal across all genders so i don't have a preference.

I am a girl and I like to listen to both male and female artists about the same. I am mostly listening to Michael Jackson, various Bollywood singers, and Blackmore's Night. Blackmore's Night is a husband and wife group who I just totally L.O.V.E.

On the whole male.

Like my bread.

When I was younger it was mainly female (Madonna, Janet, Mariah). But as Janet & Mariah got shit and I found myself enjoying rock music a lot more I've turned the other way - I also listen to male music a lot more.

MJ
Killers
Fratellis
Daniel Merriweather
Suede.......

In your music collection, do you have mostly male or female artists? And also, what is your gender? 'Cause i'm just curious to know if that makes a difference in the gender of the artists you listen to. I know a lot of guys who mainly only listen to male artists because they tell me they cannot relate to the subject matter that most female artists sing about, but I think good music is good music regardless.

-To answer the question though, I am female and I'd say I own more albums by male artists. I'd say my music collection consists of about 60% male artists and 40% female artists.
Interesting question.

I'm a female and my music collection by gender is quite even. Maybe like 51% -52% male. Most of my all time favorite artists are men. I didn't count in bands that have both men and women in them, like Garbage.
I agree that good music is music regardless, but there are times when I can't stand listening to a male artists. Including MJ. :D

Definately Males. Come to think of it, I dont think I have one female artists song on my iPod. :S I think Whitney Houston ' Million Dollar Bill' is on there. But that it is.

I do like Madonna though, I also really like Christina Aguileras voice.

Females, very much, rnb/pop/ some alternative genres here and there, although I try not to leave males out. Guess I'm just biased for the female voice and the various offerings and such, I can't help myself. :)

Back