Does anyone else 'act out' MJ to a song?

BillieJean84

Proud Member
Does anyone else 'act out' MJ to a song? I do when I'm really into it, when I'm listening to Man in the Mirror, I will shake my head no, jump up and down lightly, bend down and pretend that I'm singing into a mic on my face. Human Nature I do that thing he does with his hands ; reach out my arm and outline the shape of a half square, triangle whatever shape he does. And my palm will be out in the intro ; move it up and down.:doh:

Then when I do that skip / hop thing I TRY to do that too but it always comes out wrong ; looks like I'm just skipping around in a circle. Boy I know MJ would be embarrassed if he saw me audition / do impersonation of him.

Does anyone else 'act out' MJ???:D I wish I had or someone, a video to show exactley what its SUPPOSED to be lol

Last edited:
:lol: Not directly, no. But I suppose all of my dorking around with my headphones on at 3am in the living room would look pretty ridiculous to any unfortunate observer. :hysterical: I suppose I may act similarly to Michael just because of all the years watching him, you know. I'm probably more likely to really get into it and toss my head back and stuff than I would've otherwise been, lol.

:lol: I do aswell.. When Im listening to MJ at home I always dance to it :dancin: ..especially Thriller and Smooth criminal since I have learned the dances ;) but also to other songs.. like Billie Jean.. sometimes I catch myself kind of dancing in the car (if thats possible :lol: ) ..people who see me must think Im crazy :giggle:

oooh Lilly, you know how to do SC dance?? love it! I have to teach myself...but I do know how to do Thriller! Since I was 11 I think! :party:

hahaha....whenever I'm working out on the elliptical, and I pretty much only listen to Michael when I workout...I shake my hands really fast sometimes...I don't know why...you know when Michael gets so into it, he crazily shakes his hands? I love that!! I don't really act anything else out though..cuz I just embarrass myself...:lol:

yup Im taking MJ dancing lessons! its SO MUCH FUN!! :party: ..cant wait to go next Saturday

:lol: I usually only listen to Michael as well while working out.. If Im not, and Im getting tired running, I put MJ on and I can run like the wind ;)

ohh yes I know what u mean about the hand shaking thing (so hot btw)

Yeah, one thing I do off the top of my head is the bobbing head thing he does in Smooth Criminal lol. Usually hopefully when no one's looking. :lol: There are just some of his songs I can't resist singing along or dancing to. Sometimes I just start singing along subconsciously and don't realize I'm doing it. His music is infectious.

Oh I do all the time!! Especially to Man in the Mirror...I can't do the skip thing either, BillieJean84!! I actually tripped myself once while trying to do it...idiot!!!

Oh I do all the time!! Especially to Man in the Mirror...I can't do the skip thing either, BillieJean84!! I actually tripped myself once while trying to do it...idiot!!!

:toofunny:

Well I sort of do that. But only to one of Michael's Billie Jean performances. Whenever I watch him perform Billie Jean. I just automatically start really getting in to that performance. But I don't do the moonwalk though. I leave the moonwalk to the master. There is just something to Billie Jean that always automatically makes me get in to it.

yup Im taking MJ dancing lessons! its SO MUCH FUN!! :party: ..cant wait to go next Saturday

:lol: I usually only listen to Michael as well while working out.. If Im not, and Im getting tired running, I put MJ on and I can run like the wind ;)

ohh yes I know what u mean about the hand shaking thing (so hot btw)

yes,i know..SO HOT...:heat:

you take MJ dance lessons?? where can you do that?? too cool!

I sometimes find myself miming to his music in the bathroom mirror while I'm supposed to be brushing my teeth. The other day, I found myself singing allowed to Butterflies (falsetto!) after my mum banged on the door and told me to shut up. My headphones were on full blast.. I had no idea. :doh:

I sometimes find myself miming to his music in the bathroom mirror while I'm supposed to be brushing my teeth. The other day, I found myself singing allowed to Butterflies (falsetto!) after my mum banged on the door and told me to shut up. My headphones were on full blast.. I had no idea. :doh:

Haha! I do the exact same thing just about everyday.

I actually dance or attempt to, as a form of exercise about 3-5 times a week. I usually listen to a live performance of his and can really get into it at times. No matter what mood I am in, if I hear Billie Jean I just have to dance to it. That and Smooth Criminal.

I can remember a summer vacation several years ago, and I would constantly watch Smooth Criminal, Thriller and Remember The Time (can no longer do) until I got the moves down. It's always funny dancing along to a tv since you learn it backwards. I've tried recently to do those routines the way he would, but it is a bit of a challenge to switch now.

I even recorded myself a few times for my own amusement and I was dancing to Man In The Mirror and actually pulled off the triple spin that he does and landed on my knees right in front of the camera...I have not been able to do it since...I usually just lose my balance haha. I wish I still had those "performances" or whatever, but sadly I do not.

I would love to find a MJ Dance Class.:punk:

All the time. Preferably in the kitchen emptying the dishwasher and making dinner. I just make sure my family isn't watching.

I typically go through most of "Dangerous" and some songs on "Invincible". Again, I really make sure my family doesn't see me cause you know, I got rhythm but not sure if I resemble somebody with a seizure, ya know.

I typically start my "routine" to Jam.

No, I don't have any of these "problems" .

I only have the the "tah's, hiiiiiiiihi's and shamone's" coming out of my mouth at random moments.

I'm going to request at my gym to have a special MJ Dance Choreography Night.

This is so funny !!!!
I don"t do the dance but, you know...when I sing his songs ( when I am alone, of course:ph34r: )...I caught myself imitating his facial expressions....like pouting lips and stuff....omg...I can only imagine how stupid that looks if someone is watching me through the window...:bugeyed:crazy_grin:

OH OF COURSE! hehe I just cant help myself. Im shy but when MJ is playing anywhere! I dance! haha
You should see me sitting on the bus with my head phones in dancing and singing along! haha I get alot of funny looks! :lol:

I do the faces too...pouts and what not...:lmao: It's not good for me to listen to Get on the Floor while driving....I CANNOT stop moving when listening to that song...I'll probably drive off the road one day...:lol:

I get into full character when I'm doing Man in the Mirror ; facial expressions, hand movements, etc. And when Michael touched his chest with one hand and put his other arm straight out to the side; I do that too and just to be funny, I squeeze my boob with my hand lol

Oh and I am starting to say 'Shamone!' in my everyday vocabulary ; like 'wow!' 'no sh**??' lol .. things like that.

Last edited:
This is really funny...:D:D.Now I keep imagining all of you do that, eventhough I don"t know how you look. But that is also sooooo sweet!:wub:
I think Michael would laugh his a** off if he could see us.

:lmao: hahaha I know!! ..in every corner of the world there are crazy MJ fans immitading him (trying to that is) :party:

This is so funny !!!!
I don"t do the dance but, you know...when I sing his songs ( when I am alone, of course:ph34r: )...I caught myself imitating his facial expressions....like pouting lips and stuff....omg...I can only imagine how stupid that looks if someone is watching me through the window...:bugeyed:crazy_grin:

I do this too. :blushing: If I lived with or was around a bunch MJ fans I think they might pick up on it. I've taken on some of his mannerisms unintentionally. :blushing: Oh and I do go into some of his moves (or similar to it anyway) just at random times (even without music), like it's a weird tic or habit. But I do little weird things like that anyway, so it's not unusual for me.

UPDATE: I emailed someone at the gym I go to and this is what she had to say:: 'Our launch is next month & one of the programs will have some of MJ's hits. I will ask the girls if they can do anything special.'

Wish me luck about any MJ dance / choreography classes soon!

lmao. I was so embarassed that I do this because I thought I was the only one. I do it all the time when I get really into it. haha. I do the same thing for Human Nature too! haha. It sounds so corny to say it, but I "act out" Michael Jackson to his songs. lmao. Wow. I also have a habit of doing Beat It every time I hear the song.

I thought I was alone on this.. :p

All the time. I don't know if it counts but I even do it for the songs he never performed but I wish he could've performed. For example, I act out Streetwalker like I'm talking to this chick through the song in my imaginary all red bad suit ( I think that that should've been the costume to streetwalker) and I just dance the whole song out. It's a good workout out though, but yeah I act out a lot, especially having seen TII, I love doing the moves from the film MJ pulled.

Heh, randomly I even act out in the super market when they play MJ's songz.

UPDATE: I emailed someone at the gym I go to and this is what she had to say:: 'Our launch is next month & one of the programs will have some of MJ's hits. I will ask the girls if they can do anything special.'

Wish me luck about any MJ dance / choreography classes soon!

Cool!! :party: ..its so much fun learning the dances :dancin:

I also do that little hand gesture he does during Human Nature. The one where he turns to the band and like wiggles his fingers with his right hand (for some reason I always do my left), before turning back for the "ohhh whyyyy" parts. I do this a lot for no reason at all. I just don't always stick my arm out when I do it haha.

This is so funny !!!!
I don"t do the dance but, you know...when I sing his songs (when I am alone, of course:ph34r: )...I caught myself imitating his facial expressions....like pouting lips and stuff....omg...I can only imagine how stupid that looks if someone is watching me through the window...:bugeyed:crazy_grin:

LOL don't we all, don't we all? :lol: Ideally, we ought to live life to the fullest and always dance like no one is watching, but i know what you mean - it's a bit embarrassing to be caught doin' faces and stuff.

This is really funny...:D:D.Now I keep imagining all of you do that, eventhough I don"t know how you look. But that is also sooooo sweet!:wub:
I think Michael would laugh his a** off if he could see us.

I think so too lol.

Btw of faces, breathtakingly beautiful siggy you got there, one of them gorgeous pics, among the best ever.

Back