Does anyone wanna talk about just how savvy MJ is?

When it comes to business and making money!! There is no one in the music business more shrewed than Michael Jackson!! He makes mistakes yes he's human it happens,but he knows how to bounce back from a downfall,dust off his butt and continue to make more "Money,...." I know I've learned not to ever mess with him when it comes to business he will run a person over practically!! LOL

He eat you up and spit you out huh...Giggles~~~

What do you do in the industry...? You a Buyer?, Agent?

I work for an Agent...he's at APAP www.apapconference.org in New York City...he gets to smooz...giggles...why I am holdin down the fort...

Last edited:
I work in finance and I tend to disagree...however, I know that is not a popular point of view so I will keep low..

Lol. Its a bit sad that the members on this site have made you feel like that. Not sad on your part. The sites. Shame really. Wouldnt of mind reading someones post who has a different view, other than just sayin "yes hes great" etc

Michael has made some stupid decisions in his life choosing the wrong people to deal with his business etc. Hes getting sued I dont know how many times a year. Shouldnt exactly all be praise in here if you look at that.

Those of us who pass judgement on others...only read what we think we understand...!

I mean, he purchased that Beatles catalog. He's got businesses up the wazoo...and he finds enough money to lease some estate in Los Angeles. Now if that isn't freaking savvy, I don't know what is. I think a lot of people are always underestimating him and his business savvy, that or jealous of him being so smart with his money! What do you think?

Personally, I admire the man so much in this regard. And it's not the money - it's his business acumen. It absolutely astounds me.

i agree. that's why he keeps so many people mad and guessing. and those who are judging him harshly are not as well off as he, and are negative just to be negative cus we are positive.

Last edited:
Michael is gangsta.

People want to talk about how they think he is a bad business man and is not financially sound. Well I disagree, WILL NOT believe it, WILL NOT AGREE!! Until I see "BANKRUPT" officially from his lips and Mike moving into a townhouse and shopping at the dollar store. You know who is crap businessmen? CEOs of Ford, GM, Chrysler,...you wanna talk about BAD business savvy...um, yeeaaaah.

So what MJ gets sued a lot, celebs, corporations get sued doesn't mean they are poor at business. Everytime I think about Sony/ATV it blows my mind, have people looked at the music charts?? exactly. As long as MJ has Sony/ATV I will not believe he is crap business wise, buying ATV was one of the best biznez moves ever in the industry IMO, I don't care how many times MJ is late on house payments or how many mofos wanna sue him,how many times tabloids estimate his 'crippling' debt, or cloting lines that never come to fruition...to me Michael Jackson is one business savvy mutherfu*ker.

He eat you up and spit you out huh...Giggles~~~

What do you do in the industry...? You a Buyer?, Agent?

I work for an Agent...he's at APAP www.apapconference.org in New York City...he gets to smooz...giggles...why I am holdin down the fort...

No!! I'm just a person whom loves,supports, respects and understands Michael Jackson ALOT!! :) God Bless You!!

I'd say that his financers and lawyers who deal with a lot of his financial flauntings aren't the best. I think the use of money in '93 was plain stupid by his insurance company. If Michael authenticated the deal then fair enough, I think Mike was a little naive too, but hey, thats over and done with, hope he deals with his finances more carefully in the future (which he seems to be doing of late).

Michael is gangsta.

People want to talk about how they think he is a bad business man and is not financially sound. Well I disagree, WILL NOT believe it, WILL NOT AGREE!! Until I see "BANKRUPT" officially from his lips and Mike moving into a townhouse and shopping at the dollar store. You know who is crap businessmen? CEOs of Ford, GM, Chrysler,...you wanna talk about BAD business savvy...um, yeeaaaah.

So what MJ gets sued a lot, celebs, corporations get sued doesn't mean they are poor at business. Everytime I think about Sony/ATV it blows my mind, have people looked at the music charts?? exactly. As long as MJ has Sony/ATV I will not believe he is crap business wise, buying ATV was one of the best biznez moves ever in the industry IMO, I don't care how many times MJ is late on house payments or how many mofos wanna sue him,how many times tabloids estimate his 'crippling' debt, or cloting lines that never come to fruition...to me Michael Jackson is one business savvy mutherfu*ker.

yeah..besides..i don't see how anyone can make a sure determination that he's a bad businessperson. at last i checked. he doesn't have a fan forum full of accountants.

besides, with the USA businesses getting official handouts...no media can say anything about MJ, who is moving on up.

Glass houses...no mouthses..lol

HI all...hm some interesting point of views thank you..Look guys I am not here to cause a stir but just have a brief look into other threads...if someone dares to say like "I dont like him wearing PJs" then what does he get...being told off that he critizes MJ etc etc...whereas he was only saying he doesnt like MJ wearing PJs..

OK, staying on topic. In my personal opinion (I feel it is important to add it here) MJ is certainly not stupid when it comes to showbusiness, however I would not say that he is so good with money to the level that everything he touches turns into gold. It is not.

Just use a bit of common sense....Is it the best way of utalising your money, cash to rent a place to live in which when you own a property 4times bigger and dont make use of it at all? What is the point of having an "investment property" if it is not used at all...

He certainly has had very good (and sometimes creative) accountants and he seems to be understanding a lot about tax minimization techniques but I dont see that any business he had made would have been excellent.....OK enough said.

HI all...hm some interesting point of views thank you..Look guys I am not here to cause a stir but just have a brief look into other threads...if someone dares to say like "I dont like him wearing PJs" then what does he get...being told off that he critizes MJ etc etc...whereas he was only saying he doesnt like MJ wearing PJs..

OK, staying on topic. In my personal opinion (I feel it is important to add it here) MJ is certainly not stupid when it comes to showbusiness, however I would not say that he is so good with money to the level that everything he touches turns into gold. It is not.

Just use a bit of common sense....Is it the best way of utalising your money, cash to rent a place to live in which when you own a property 4times bigger and dont make use of it at all? What is the point of having an "investment property" if it is not used at all...

He certainly has had very good (and sometimes creative) accountants and he seems to be understanding a lot about tax minimization techniques but I dont see that any business he had made would have been excellent.....OK enough said.

he said he couldn't live in that place anymore. what's so stupid about that? it's his perogative.

what fascinates me, is i understand people having their own opinions..but they continue to gawk at MJ while scrutinizing him. must be some fascination there, somewhere.

anyway..more than four decades in the business is business savvy. and part of the everything touched turns to gold is that many scrutinizing people can't stop studying him, in order to scrutinize. that's the pj's and the business. that's the irony. IMO

Lol. Its a bit sad that the members on this site have made you feel like that. Not sad on your part. The sites. Shame really. Wouldnt of mind reading someones post who has a different view, other than just sayin "yes hes great" etc

Michael has made some stupid decisions in his life choosing the wrong people to deal with his business etc. Hes getting sued I dont know how many times a year. Shouldnt exactly all be praise in here if you look at that.
Everybody makes mistakes. As for him getting sued, that is a part of being a superstar at his level, sadly.

He is def. clever and wise. Otherwise, he couldn't have survived this long in the business, not to mention staying prosperous. You haven't heard about so many big stars getting cheated, pimped and going broke? I think Mike is savvy and most of all, feel grateful that he's kept what he's earned working his ass off for such a long time.

Fair points and I agree for the most part too.
As for your first point about people getting told off or put down or spoken rudley to because their opinion doesn't match the more popular posts, I know what you mean and it does happen on here far too much, little groups of people who are constantly bullying and shoving their popular opinion down the throats of the rest of the membership.

he said he couldn't live in that place anymore. what's so stupid about that? it's his perogative.

what fascinates me, is i understand people having their own opinions..but they continue to gawk at MJ while scrutinizing him. must be some fascination there, somewhere.

Parker, you are a prime example of what I'm refering to. I don't think I'll ever understand people who try to constantly shoot down other people's opinions or thoughts just because they don't gel with theirs.

Fair points and I agree for the most part too.
As for your first point about people getting told off or put down or spoken rudley to because their opinion doesn't match the more popular posts, I know what you mean and it does happen on here far too much, little groups of people who are constantly bullying and shoving their popular opinion down the throats of the rest of the membership.

Parker, you are a prime example of what I'm refering to. I don't think I'll ever understand people who try to constantly shoot down other people's opinions or thoughts just because they don't gel with theirs.

that's not a shoot down. that's an observation. why is it that people who don't mind putting out barbs see themselves as a victim? i simply said while you keep finding fault with MJ, you keep observing him. since when is that a shoot down? you can shoot it out, but you perceive yourself as always being a victim even when you are not. that is another curious observation. nobody is shoving anything. plus you got my name wrong.

you notice, that while i find many occasions to be positive, i also don't see myself as a victim? this thread started out as a postive thing about MJ..they always end up being about you. can't we just focus on MJ? and, another thing..why is it that i can't see a thread that starts off as a positive MJ thread, and i have to dread someone like you coming on, and bringing a cloud? maybe this ought to be discussed in the concerns forum.

is it a crime, that, just once, i'd like to see a thread titled about MJ in a good light, and i and others can enjoy it, and MJ, in positive peace? there are plenty of negative threads.
if anything, you shot down the O.P.'s wonderful observation about MJ. that is the true constant. that's why we tend to have to come up with these 'light a candle for MJ' threads, cus we're constantly bombarded with negativity about MJ, inside and out. we're tired of it. it's gone on long enough. can't you see that?

Last edited:
Michael is definitely savvy, otherwise he cannot be around in the business for such a long time:D Meanwhile, Michael is human, not a machine. He has feelings. Therefore, it's not fair to judge him with the standards of machine.

Zith thanks for your comment....see this is why I dont attempt to increase the number of my posts....and share my views..

Last edited:
that's not a shoot down. that's an observation. why is it that people who don't mind putting out barbs see themselves as a victim? i simply said while you keep finding fault with MJ, you keep observing him. since when is that a shoot down? you can shoot it out, but you perceive yourself as always being a victim even when you are not. that is another curious observation. nobody is shoving anything. plus you got my name wrong.

you notice, that while i find many occasions to be positive, i also don't see myself as a victim? this thread started out as a postive thing about MJ..they always end up being about you. can't we just focus on MJ? and, another thing..why is it that i can't see a thread that starts off as a positive MJ thread, and i have to dread someone like you coming on, and bringing a cloud? maybe this ought to be discussed in the concerns forum.

is it a crime, that, just once, i'd like to see a thread titled about MJ in a good light, and i and others can enjoy it, and MJ, in positive peace? there are plenty of negative threads.
if anything, you shot down the O.P.'s wonderful observation about MJ. that is the true constant. that's why we tend to have to come up with these 'light a candle for MJ' threads, cus we're constantly bombarded with negativity about MJ, inside and out. we're tired of it. it's gone on long enough. can't you see that?

Interesting, I put out a barb, but in no way acted like a victim, ah unless of course you are referring to the only other person to post a contradictory post to everyone else and actually offer a more balanced look at the topic, are they a "victim" because they knew they would be attacked for their opinion?
I do believe the praise only for MJ threads belong in Michaelmania, and that general discussion (which should bring about healthy debate) is discussed right here.

I don't see how this thread is about me as I had only shared two posts thus far, oh unless you are implying that contradictory posts are nothing more than the poster making it about themselves, a rather odd way of looking at things imo (sounds like the rebel going against the cult how dare they?). As for clouds, the only cloud I bring is the cloud of disappointment that people like you react so forcefully to anyone who attempts to look at MJ in a real light. No one in this thread has been negative, rather just attempting to be realistic with the knowledge that they have. Note that realistic does not mean being negative.

I only shot down the fact that this is one of many threads on the same topic, all which are positive and for the most part agree with the general consensus that MJ is a savvy businessman. Pointing out the obvious is not being negative.
As for light the candle for MJ threads, don't make me laugh, everyone here supports MJ. The arguements aren't about being negative about MJ, they're about people trying to out do each other in discussions. I'm not bombarded in negativity on here, I see a lot of positiveness in most threads, I guess it depends on how you look at the glass.

Oh and I don't think I got your name wrong.

Zith thanks for your comment....see this is why I dont attempt to increase the number of my posts....and share my views..

I was amazed that after you admitted you would not have a popular view on the topic, that so many people warmly asked you to share your point of view anyway, and then when you did, the first person to reply responds with the "how dare you" attitude.

I think MJ is pretty savvy, but I just wouldn't have settled that first case. I wouldn't have even had the insurance pay that first accuser off. I would have insisted on a trial. Out in the open. That way, from that point forward, MJ could have been thought of as being innocent. Which is what he is. Innocent. And, I haven't heard of any problems financially through the years - that's why I put this thread out. If you do know of any, please post them here. I admit I am not the most knowledgeable of these things....I just see tabloid rumors, and I promptly put them in the rubbish or in my bathroom as reading material...

Interesting, I put out a barb, but in no way acted like a victim, ah unless of course you are referring to the only other person to post a contradictory post to everyone else and actually offer a more balanced look at the topic, are they a "victim" because they knew they would be attacked for their opinion?
I do believe the praise only for MJ threads belong in Michaelmania, and that general discussion (which should bring about healthy debate) is discussed right here.

I don't see how this thread is about me as I had only shared two posts thus far, oh unless you are implying that contradictory posts are nothing more than the poster making it about themselves, a rather odd way of looking at things imo (sounds like the rebel going against the cult how dare they?). As for clouds, the only cloud I bring is the cloud of disappointment that people like you react so forcefully to anyone who attempts to look at MJ in a real light. No one in this thread has been negative, rather just attempting to be realistic with the knowledge that they have. Note that realistic does not mean being negative.

I only shot down the fact that this is one of many threads on the same topic, all which are positive and for the most part agree with the general consensus that MJ is a savvy businessman. Pointing out the obvious is not being negative.
As for light the candle for MJ threads, don't make me laugh, everyone here supports MJ. The arguements aren't about being negative about MJ, they're about people trying to out do each other in discussions. I'm not bombarded in negativity on here, I see a lot of positiveness in most threads, I guess it depends on how you look at the glass.

Oh and I don't think I got your name wrong.

I was amazed that after you admitted you would not have a popular view on the topic, that so many people warmly asked you to share your point of view anyway, and then when you did, the first person to reply responds with the "how dare you" attitude.

i won't go back and forth with u on this..but u did get my name wrong. the fact that u argue with me on that, says everything i need to know. let's hope MJ keys in on the 'mania' thread, where he is supported, since that's where peeps are who are 'not in touch with reality.'

I wouldn't have even had the insurance pay that first accuser off.
he couldnt stop them from doing it even though he protested

I think MJ is pretty savvy, but I just wouldn't have settled that first case. I wouldn't have even had the insurance pay that first accuser off. I would have insisted on a trial. Out in the open. That way, from that point forward, MJ could have been thought of as being innocent. Which is what he is. Innocent. And, I haven't heard of any problems financially through the years - that's why I put this thread out. If you do know of any, please post them here. I admit I am not the most knowledgeable of these things....I just see tabloid rumors, and I promptly put them in the rubbish or in my bathroom as reading material...

Not sure if this will help you understand the complexity of Mr.Jackson settling that first case but it might shed some light on the whats, hows, whens, and whys...

www.myspace.com/sdeidjs
go to photo's "Truth Of Justice" Nothing Is Black or White
Listing: pages 299 thru 383

Please note: These original posts were written on a "public Michael Jackson bullentin board" back in the day...and have been edited for reasons only known to both the authors...

:angel:psalm 37

Last edited:
Back