Forest Lawn says Fans welcome w/ some alterations of what's permitted

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
but seriously stop and think about it from FL point of view...here we have Michael Jackson with like millions of fans...some will be flying..taking buses or however they will get to Fl on the 25th....can You imagine the fans that will be flooding FL?...They will be so overwhelmed by people....and that shouldn't be. SO if FL had to put special rules in place to protect Michael...from some of the foolishness that may go on that day then so be it. My concern is for Michael...not for some of the fans who may get out of control possibly trying to sneak a pic or two of inside the doors...playing music and carrying on like the are at a concert. Above all else Michael must be protected. And the other people who are in there have a right to their privacy and respect of THEIR final resting place too.

Re: MJ Mausoleum Fans No Longer Welcome/F.Lawn says Fans welcome w/ some alterations of what's permi

they are playing with the fans feelings.this must stop.

Last edited:

Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale is opening up the gates to Michael Jackson's fans on the anniversary of The King of Pop's death.

Randy Jackson tells X17online exclusively:

"I just had a meeting with Forest Lawn and beginning on June 25, the anniversary of my brother's death, fans will be able to go right up to the mausoleum and drop off flowers and pay their respects. Michael loved his fans, and the family wants to make sure that the fans are able to celebrate his incredible life."

At the 1-year anniversary memorial on June 25, Randy tells X17online that his sister Janet, Michael's three children and mom, Katherine will be there. Also attending ... Lisa Marie Presley who last month inspired a flower shop to deliver thousands of sunflowers to Forest Lawn in memory of Jackson.
X17online brought you the exclusive details about Lisa Marie Presley's initial visit to the mausoleum in which she carried in an empty portrait-sized frame filled with sunflowers ... spending over an hour getting the placement just right.

Various groups, like the Justice4MJ fan group consisting of thousands of members, had plans to gather at the mausoleum for the special 1-year anniversary. However, just last month Forest Lawn security had been informed that fans were no longer welcome. Thanks to Michael's youngest brother, that has all changed.

Randy adds, "We are so thankful to know that our brother's fans still love him as much as we do."

http://x17online.com/celebrities/mi...the_mausoleum_says_brother_randy-06042010.php

So, does Randy continue to give comments to tabloids perpetually,

or does he stop at some point?

I hope this isn't true, I really want to go to FL one day in the future, I don't see why fans shouldn't be able to just go and put some flowers or something down, say a little prayer and then leave

But they can.

At the 1-year anniversary memorial on June 25, Randy tells X17online that his sister Janet, Michael's three children and mom, Katherine will be there. Also attending ... Lisa Marie Presley who last month inspired a flower shop to deliver thousands of sunflowers to Forest Lawn in memory of Jackson.
:unsure:

And of course the entire press will also be there.

I have received e-mail from Forest Lawn. Contrary to what Randy said, the Mausoleum will remain closed.

NEWS FROM FOREST LAWN

"The gates will be still open as USUAL. You may visit and stop by the Mausoleum but the Mausoleum will remain closed."

I have received e-mail from Forest Lawn. Contrary to what Randy said, the Mausoleum will remain closed.

NEWS FROM FOREST LAWN

"The gates will be still open as USUAL. You may visit and stop by the Mausoleum but the Mausoleum will remain closed."

I believe Randy is saying the same thing as well. He says you can go up to the Mausoleum - meaning by it's doors - and drop the flowers.

The inside of the Mausoleum has never been open to public - not even before Michael was buried.

I believe Randy is saying the same thing as well. He says you can go up to the Mausoleum - meaning by it's doors - and drop the flowers.

The inside of the Mausoleum has never been open to public - not even before Michael was buried.

Then why is he announcing something that has been in place since last year? it is not news that fans can go up to the door of the mausoleum to drop flowers. I don't see why he needed to play the hero and call X17 to spread his great non-accomplishment.

in fact, nothing changed

well in all honesty one thing changed : fans are not allowed to gather in front of the doors in groups or stay there for a long time periods. Basically you can go up drop your flowers, cards, gift in a minute or so and then go down.

Then why is he announcing something that has been in place since last year? it is not news that fans can go up to the door of the mausoleum to drop flowers. I don't see why he needed to play the hero and call X17 to spread his great non-accomplishment.

he's playing hero, remember he's the one that started saying that fans weren't going to be allowed - when this wasn't the truth- and then making it seem like he got the fans allowed in.

well in all honesty one thing changed : fans are not allowed to gather in front of the doors in groups or stay there for a long time periods. Basically you can go up drop your flowers, cards, gift in a minute or so and then go down.

he's playing hero, remember he's the one that started saying that fans weren't going to be allowed - when this wasn't the truth- and then making it seem like he got the fans allowed in.

Well Forest Lawn emailed several fans...saying it will be business as usual on the 25th. The same rules that apply today will also apply on the anniversary.

Well Forest Lawn emailed several fans...saying it will be business as usual on the 25th. The same rules that apply today will also apply on the anniversary.

I know hon. 25th will be no different than today, and Randy keeps spinning that. no arguments there.
But Forest Lawn made a change in gathering and staying in front of the doors of Holly Terrace as of last week.
That's what I was trying to say.

So at the end of the day, FL was just pissed at all the sunflowers caused by LMPs comment and the fact that someone (whom some suspect was Randy himself) took pics of MJ tomb with the sunflowers around it.

The TMZ story wasnt completely factual in the end, surprise surprise!

To me its seemed like FL was sort of taking it out on the fans but they should be looking at their employees to see if theyre accepting bribes to let paps or fans in which there was a story once that fans paid $3000 to get in. Perhaps it was a pap pretending to be a fan which is how they were able to have the $3000?

Last edited:
I hope thousands and thousands of flowers are dropped off on June 25th. Nice that Lisa Marie will be there. God bless Katherine, Prince, Paris and Blanket on this day. x

Why I am defending Randy idk but when we're those emails sent. We're they sent today cause in the interview Randy says he just got done with speaking to FL (as in today) so would the email sent still apply now? Idk Maybe when he says you can go up to the Mausoleum he means go up and stay a bit longer then you can right now..idk I still can't believe I'm defending him

Last edited:
It is a shame that there are some fans who let the side down, and if they only stopped to think they are letting Michael down as well. I am sure the vast majority who go, treat the cemetary with the respect that they should and act with consideration for others, but it is the few as usual who spoil things, as they did when Michael would visit somewhere and they would cause problems at hotels and make it impossible from him to step outside of a hotel room without being mobbed.

Maybe a very respectful approach to Forest Lawn by a fan representative might make a difference. In the end if fans are kept out then we can remember Michael wherever we are. His physical remains may be at Forest Lawn but his spirit isn't, it isn't him the person that is interned, so meeting up elsewhere and playing his music etc. should be done at a more appropriate place.

nd of course the entire press will also be there.
and the dvd will be out a few weeks later!

randy certainly likes to try and act important.and like others said play the hero. so obvious steven. try harder next time.

Why I am defending Randy idk but when we're those emails sent. We're they sent today cause in the interview Randy says he just got done with speaking to FL (as in today) so would the email sent still apply now? Idk Maybe when he says you can go up to the Mausoleum he means go up and stay a bit longer then you can right now..idk I still can't believe I'm defending him

emails were sent and replies received yesterday...after the X17 interview came out

MJ Fans -- Cemetery Ban Won't Stop Us

Originally posted Jun 5th 2010 12:15 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned tons of Michael Jackson fans are descending upon MJ's tomb on the 1-year anniversary of his death -- even though they've been banned from the mausoleum.

As we previously reported, Forest Lawn Cemetery -- where Jackson is entombed -- claims they've adopted a new policy in which security is instructed to remove anyone hanging out in front of the King of Pop's mausoleum.

But a rep for Justice4MJ -- the fan group organizing the mass pilgrimage -- tells TMZ they are "absolutely" still going to visit the singer's burial place on the big day .. June 25th.

A rep for Forest Lawn tells us they have not yet figured out how they plan to handle the MJ anniversary ... but they will work with the Jackson family and abide by their wishes.

As for the MJ fans, one member of the group tells us, "Nothing will stop us from being with MJ on the 25th!"

So basically the only change is fans aren't allowed to loiter outside anymore the gates. I can see why this has been done as there are other families that have relatives resting there and we do have a reputation for bing noisy. I guess they'll relax it when it quitens down again.

MJ Fans -- Cemetery Ban Won't Stop Us

Originally posted Jun 5th 2010 12:15 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned tons of Michael Jackson fans are descending upon MJ's tomb on the 1-year anniversary of his death -- even though they've been banned from the mausoleum.

As we previously reported, Forest Lawn Cemetery -- where Jackson is entombed -- claims they've adopted a new policy in which security is instructed to remove anyone hanging out in front of the King of Pop's mausoleum.

But a rep for Justice4MJ -- the fan group organizing the mass pilgrimage -- tells TMZ they are "absolutely" still going to visit the singer's burial place on the big day .. June 25th.

A rep for Forest Lawn tells us they have not yet figured out how they plan to handle the MJ anniversary ... but they will work with the Jackson family and abide by their wishes.

As for the MJ fans, one member of the group tells us, "Nothing will stop us from being with MJ on the 25th!"
Oh good Lord, TMZ! :doh: Stop with the ****-stirring already! It's really getting ridiculous. The worst part is other 'news' folks pick stuff up from these morons and pretty soon "Crazed MJ Fans Will Storm Mausoleum on the 25th" will be the next headline or something. Enough already! :banghead:

Randy:

Thx 4 all ur kind words! I am going to do a Q&A tomorrow. Meet u here @ 3:00pm PT
16 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

For god sakes, let the man rest in peace. Didn't we all suck out enough of him when he was alive? Like I said before, maybe fans should collect money and put a tombstone/memorial dedicated to Michael elsewhere that can be the main point where fans can meet. The estate should do that actually. Something like the stone put up in Gary, Indiana in front of the house where the Jackson's first lived. This is starting to get ridiculous. Leave the mausoleum alone. This kind of behavior is reflecting really bad among MJ fans. It's making us look crazy.

I doubt MJ kids, his mom will be there on June 25th, and if they DO go there, it will probably be at night or they would be able to go in earlier or go through a hidden door. The moment the fans see the PPB, mayhem will occur.

I also doubt Lisa will be there. What would she have to be there? She's not MJ widow and they divorced eons ago. Unless she's pulling a Precilla....who knows.

I tell ya, the press is out of their minds. MJ was right about them. :(

So basically the only change is fans aren't allowed to loiter outside anymore the gates. I can see why this has been done as there are other families that have relatives resting there and we do have a reputation for bing noisy. I guess they'll relax it when it quitens down again.

Sometimes I think there is confusion about the term "gates" and the actual doors of the mausoleum. The "gates" of FL will be open, the gates were never going to be closed. It's the restricted rules of how long, what can be done, and other general rules/considerations about behavior outside the mausoleum "doors" that seems to be confusing people, perhaps because of Randy's statement that the "gates" will be open to the fans, which they always have been. Maybe language differences and interpretations have been throwing people off?

and the dvd will be out a few weeks later!

randy certainly likes to try and act important.and like others said play the hero. so obvious steven. try harder next time.

OMG ...Elusive...you might be on to something here...I hope that is not Randy's intentions...get fans there in mass...get the press there and make a dvd of Michael's first anniversary.....this...would be sickening.

emails were sent and replies received yesterday...after the X17 interview came out

Ah okay well then I have no clue.....I'm just confused. As for the family not being there....I can't see why Randy would lie about that. I'll admit I wouldn't trust him about most things but why lie about his family going to visit Michael....??

Clark Gable's Tomb -- Vandalized with a Kiss

Originally posted 19 minutes ago by TMZ Staff
Clark Gable's marble tomb at Forest Lawn Cemetery has been so badly damaged it needs a total overhaul -- and it's all because one adoring fan couldn't keep her lips to herself.

0604-gable-tomb-ex-2-credit.jpg

TMZ spoke with John Clark Gable -- the famous actor's son -- who tells us he noticed the smooch last month during a visit to the mausoleum.

Gable tells us that the lipstick bandit has struck several times in the past -- but they've always been able to easily wipe off the mark ... that is, until now. This time, the stain is so bad, Forest Lawn had to dispatch their in-house marble repair team to fix the damage.

Gable also noted that his father is entombed in the same mausoleum as Michael Jackson -- and warns that if MJ fans are allowed into the place, they could accidentally damage some of the surrounding tombs.

As for the Lipstick Bandit -- Gable tells us security will "keep an eye out" in case she strikes again.

The picture is owned by TMZ with no watermark which probably means it was a TMZ photog in the mausoleum. So its probably them who also took the MJ tomb pic with the sunflowers. So IMO that story of fans paying security $3000 to get in is probably pap pretending to be fan. They can get that kind of money very fast.

The picture is owned by TMZ with no watermark which probably means it was a TMZ photog in the mausoleum. So its probably them who also took the MJ tomb pic with the sunflowers. So IMO that story of fans paying security $3000 to get in is probably pap pretending to be fan. They can get that kind of money very fast.

I thought no member of the public was allowed into the mausoleum so how can that happen? We'd never be allowed in anyway, remember according to the media were all nutjobs that can't behave ourselves :rolleyes:

Back