Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011 / Excerpt posted at @pg151

Unfortunately there is not much truth in Frank's and Jermaine's books, best not to support their agendas and reda it for free and support jetzi..

I have no idea if he's telling the whole truth or not, but I can't SAY it isn't, I haven't spend ALL THAT TIME with Michael. And it's not because he doesn't portray MJ as a perfect man that it is not true. Most of his book is probably true anyway, but it's a book, he may have added some things, but it looked quite real to me. There is also a lot of both of them thinking on their side and just guessing what the other is actually meaning, there is never truth in trying to know what the other thinks, obviously, you can't read people's mind. Still, I thought this book was fair.

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011 / Excerpt posted at @pg151

Unfortunately there is not much truth in Frank's and Jermaine's books, best not to support their agendas and reda it for free and support jetzi..

I am wondering to know how can we actually know there's not much truth in Frank's book? I have my doubt about whether he told the whole stories. However, most of his content in the book seemed to be telling the truth. On the other hand, we have to remember the truth from his side might not equal to the facts. MJ or any other people might describe the same thing in totally different way. People have different perspective view of the same thing. When they say different things it does not equal to they are lying. They might all tell the truth just from different point of view.

I think it's sad when some MJ fans say that Frank is a liar. For the longest time MJ fans have been trying to educate/convince the world of MJ's innocence. We all know that there is still a lot of people who believe that MJ is guilty. Here we have Frank, who was there when this happened and he is telling us that MJ was/is completely innocent. Frank is the only one besides the accuser who knows the truth........that Michael NEVER did anything wrong. How is the rest of the world supposed to learn the truth if MJ fans themselves claim that Frank is a liar?

Personally, any doubts I have about Frank's story, I keep them to myself.........for Michael's benefit. It's not about me, it's about him. I want people to read this book and believe it. After all, this book is credible and does not portray Michael in a negative way..........just the opposite.

Again, if some MJ fans are constantly claiming Frank is lying, why would the rest of the world believe he is telling the truth when he says MJ is innocent? You can't have your pie and eat it too. Think about it.

Next time you are tempted to call Frank a liar, please think about the consequences of your claim. Most importantly, remember it's about Michael.........not your personal feelings. :)

Well truthfully, nobody in my family wants to read this book. My niece refuses (book snob). One of my sisters wants to remain in denial about Michael. I would love for everyone I know to read this book but in reality I am the only person in my family and among my friends who is interested in really knowing about Michael. I read this book for myself. And I'm glad I did. I think every Michael Jackson fan should read this book. Buy it, borrow it, or download it for free somewhere, but just read it. It's quite a ride and you feel like you are watching a movie of Frank's life with Michael. In fact, it would make for a nice movie. ;)

I think it's sad when some MJ fans say that Frank is a liar. For the longest time MJ fans have been trying to educate/convince the world of MJ's innocence. We all know that there is still a lot of people who believe that MJ is guilty. Here we have Frank, who was there when this happened and he is telling us that MJ was/is completely innocent. Frank is the only one besides the accuser who knows the truth........that Michael NEVER did anything wrong. How is the rest of the world supposed to learn the truth if MJ fans themselves claim that Frank is a liar? Personally, any doubts I have about Frank's story, I keep them to myself.........for Michael's benefit. It's not about me, it's about him. I want people to read this book and believe it. After all, this book is credible and does not portray Michael in a negative way..........just the opposite.Again, if some MJ fans are constantly claiming Frank is lying, why would the rest of the world believe he is telling the truth when he says MJ is innocent? You can't have your pie and eat it too. Think about it.Next time you are tempted to call Frank a liar, please think about the consequences of your claim. Most importantly, remember it's about Michael.........not your personal feelings. :)
that doesnt really work when u want to compair it to the allegations. franks and his families physical actions support mj innocence. his words are a tiny part of that. but when frank lies about liz taylor not speaking to mj for a year it makes u wonder what else he made up in the book to spice it up. if u lie about one thing it brings into doubt everything else u say

that doesnt really work when u want to compair it to the allegations. franks and his families physical actions support mj innocence. his words are a tiny part of that. but when frank lies about liz taylor not speaking to mj for a year it makes u wonder what else he made up in the book to spice it up. if u lie about one thing it brings into doubt everything else u say

I agreed with you about the allegation part. Their actions speak. However, I don't agree with you totally about Frank lies about Liz Taylor things. I think many people discuss this couple pages back. To me, my feeling is he might just remember the things wrong. The thing he talked about is about 10 years old and he might remembered the time length wrong. It doesn't equal to he was lying about it. Yes, there's still possibility that he lied but I really don't know what's the benefit to lie about this. Human's memory tend to sometimes exaggerate things. I found it's relatively common when people are talking about the stories of celebrities. I do think people should not believe everything Frank said and just take his words as one part of the reference and source. However, I don't think the whole Liz thing is a proof of Frank lying about lots of things.

No its not proof of him lieing about other things but like is said in court if u are caught out lieing or remembering a time frame awrong (difficult to be out by a whole year but it spices up the book to say that) it brings into question other things. even more so when those other things or alot of are
accounts from when frank was a child

Anyway for someone who is from sicily he doesnt seem to know much about loyalty and keeping his mouth shut.

No its not proof of him lieing about other things but like is said in court if u are caught out lieing or remembering a time frame awrong (difficult to be out by a whole year but it spices up the book to say that) it brings into question other things. even more so when those other things or alot of are
accounts from when frank was a child

True but I always think the whole law things are quite tricky and lawyers just like to caught up in small things and discredit people's words (Of course this is what lawyers should do to save their clients). For example, during the Murray trial, the bodyguard and the paramedics are talking about the same thing in different ways. The incident is actually two years ago and they remembered it differently. Are they lying? I think they both told the truth. Just like what I said before, truth doesn't equal to the fact. People's memory are tricky and you have to put their own point of view into account. That's why I said Frank's words are only his point of view and his side of story. They are only one of the source of MJ's life and MJ or other people might told the same thing in different way. It doesn't mean that Frank didn't tell much of the truth or lied about most of the things..

Just finished reading the book and I must say it was really a good read. :) I dont feel that his book was full of lies or he intended it to be that way, I believe he was trying to be truthful as possible. I would recommend MJ fans who havent read it and judged it based on some excerpts that came out, to read it in its entirely and you would see that its not that bad. Its an interesting book and I think if people want to know more about Michael's life (mainly nonfans or casual fans) Than this is one of the books that they should pick up. If people doubt Michael innocence regarding the allegations this is a good book to read because I do think it would change their mind and make them see Michael differently. Franks info on both allegations was really good and informing. I rather people read this book than the Randy Tabloidellis or the Latoyas :rolleyes: So I hope his book does well.

Last edited:

better than Latoya book

Anyway for someone who is from sicily he doesnt seem to know much about loyalty and keeping his mouth shut.

"Wow" is all can say. And here I had the illusion people are rejecting this book for rational reasons that I just couldn't quite see (yet, perhaps).

*yeah I know, what an annoying comment from the realm of political correctness*

Let's go and quickly sign another petition against the racially charged moniker of "*acko *acko*.

Last edited:

If people doubt Michael innocence regarding the allegations this is a good book to read because I do think it would change their mind and make them see Michael differently. Franks info on both allegations was really good and informing.

Frank also often speaks about how good Michael was as a father. There's a part at the end of the book after MJ's death that really touched me. Frank writes:

How many times can I say that Michael's children were always his top priority? No matter where he was or what he was doing, the kids always had access to him, and they knew it. If he was in a meeting and one of the kids needed him for something, he'd stop everything, attend to the child, then return. If they made a fuss about going to sleep, he stayed with them, talked to them, explaining why they had to go to sleep and what he was doing or where he would be. He soothed them if they were upset. He never handed off a crying child to Grace of a babysitter. He always had the patience to stay with his children until they were calm. He always took that time, no matter how late for an appointment it would cause him to be. He was never angry or frustrated. His patience was infinite, and the result was that his children were grounded, secure, and open to the world. But now, in their greatest hour of need, when he would have wanted more than anything to soothe and reassure them, he wasn't there, and there wasn't much that my family could say to comfort them. We just held them and shared our grief. In this moment, as always in Michael's life, his children came first.

Frank also often speaks about how good Michael was as a father. There's a part at the end of the book after MJ's death that really touched me. Frank writes:

How many times can I say that Michael's children were always his top priority? No matter where he was or what he was doing, the kids always had access to him, and they knew it. If he was in a meeting and one of the kids needed him for something, he'd stop everything, attend to the child, then return. If they made a fuss about going to sleep, he stayed with them, talked to them, explaining why they had to go to sleep and what he was doing or where he would be. He soothed them if they were upset. He never handed off a crying child to Grace of a babysitter. He always had the patience to stay with his children until they were calm. He always took that time, no matter how late for an appointment it would cause him to be. He was never angry or frustrated. His patience was infinite, and the result was that his children were grounded, secure, and open to the world. But now, in their greatest hour of need, when he would have wanted more than anything to soothe and reassure them, he wasn't there, and there wasn't much that my family could say to comfort them. We just held them and shared our grief. In this moment, as always in Michael's life, his children came first.

This makes me sad. I was just saying in another thread that no one or nothing can give the kids what they need more than Michael could give them. He is the one that truly loved them and wanted the best for them.

Yes Frank.... -_-

Michael was a wonderful father and exemplary. :heart: FACT! -_- None of us have no doubt about it.

Well here Frank's words in my post above are uplifting and positive (at least for me) and STILL the negativity and bitterness continues. Oh well. I'm only one person and there's only so much I can do...here's to a happy new year. :scratch:

I have been reading through this book after seeing some of the discussions about it here and on other websites. Although it certainly contains some nice anecdotes about and reflections on Michael as a person, I got rather annoyed by the fact that according to the book Frank seems to have seen every problem that MJ ever faced coming but was either unable to do something about it or chose not do so because he felt it was not his place. Maybe it is just me, but the book seems to give the impression that if only MJ had given full reign of his empire to Frank, everything would have turned out wonderfully. Although I do not doubt that, for instance, Michael was naive at times and that people around him, including Frank, might have correctly seen warning signs where he did not, it just comes across as rather over-the-top in my opinion. At times, the book seems to be more about showing how smart, creative and savvy Frank was/is rather than trying to give an insight into who Michael really was or the friendship between them.

Given this and some of the other credibility issues that people have already pointed out in this thread, I personally am not really impressed by the book. Perhaps I should finish the book first before jumping to conclusions, but at this point I am not that motivated to read on.

Last edited:

Well here Frank's words in my post above are uplifting and positive (at least for me) and STILL the negativity and bitterness continues.

:bugeyed

I just meant by my comment that this is nothing new for the fans... just that. ;) :fear:

Sorry Ashtanga, I am just tired and cranky from the holidays. ;) But it can be discouraging (not to mention tiring) to write about the positive aspects of this book (which overwhelmingly outweigh the negative) only to have a wet blanket constantly thrown at them.

Of course WE as fans all know Michael was a good father but to read about it in a published book is nice. Isn't it a good thing that these kinds of positive stories and confirmations of Michael as a good father and person have been written about Michael by someone who knew him so well? No, the book does not portray Michael as some perfect angel - he is portrayed as a human with flaws who has made his share of mistakes. The author portrays himself that way too. But the author also praises Michael very, very much.

Last edited:
A Review of "My Friend Michael" by Frank Cascio

http://www.examiner.com/books-in-tampa-bay/a-review-of-my-friend-michael-by-frank-cascio

Shakespeare wrote “uneasy lies the head that bears the crown”. Though he wrote it for the character of King Henry IV, it is easy to apply this statement to anyone who bears the weight, the responsibility and the burdens that come with being a king … even if you’re the “King of Pop”. And, one of these burdens must be who you choose as your confidantes and friends. For Michael Jackson, this choice was next to impossible, and therefore, he had very few people in his life that he could call a true friend and even fewer to confide his deepest thoughts, wishes and dreams.

Frank Cascio knew from the first moment he met Michael Jackson at the age of 4, that this person was someone special. Silly, childlike, generous to a fault, were the ways that Frank saw Michael. Their 25 year friendship is chronicled in “My Friend Michael” by Frank Cascio.

In it, Mr. Cascio describes how he met Michael Jackson at the age of 4, when Michael Jackson was at the pinnacle of his career and how that friendship grew into the role of confidante, assistant and, at one point, manager.

Though many stories have been told about Michael Jackson the alleged child-molester, the drug addict, and the man who despised the way he looked, Frank Cascio wanted to write a book about the Michael Jackson he knew. The caring, nurturing Michael who would spend many Christmases at his suburban home in New Jersey sharing his love of children and anything child-like.

However, in “My Friend Michael” nothing is off limits. Told from the point of view of a true friend defending his best friend, Mr. Cascio writes about Michael Jackson’s problems with prescription drugs and how he tried to intervene and speak with him about it.

He also writes about his time at Michael’s “Neverland” ranch, as a young boy, and how he knew the two boys who would go on to accuse Michael of molestation. According to Frank Cascio, nothing of the sort ever happened and his friend, Michael was no molester.

Mr. Cascio was there throughout most of Michael’s adult life and career. He traveled the world with him on numerous occasions and discusses in detail all the places they went to and what it was like to live like a king.

He was also present during both of Michael’s marriages (one to Debbie Rowe and the other to Lisa Marie Pressley) and gives his opinion on what went wrong in both relationships.

Frank Cascio was a man who experienced what it was like to be treated like royalty first hand. The good, the bad and the awful, it could not have been easy to befriend a king who was used to having things done his way. In this excerpt from page 145, Frank briefly describes what it was like:

“I also became attuned to Michael’s more difficult traits. He could be paranoid and overly sensitive, prone to extreme emotions and jumping to conclusions. To counter that, I was careful to listen. To observe everything. To think before I spoke. He didn’t like to be told what to do, so if I had an opinion, I drew him toward it, so he might think (or pretend) that he had come up with it on his own.”

Chock full of private family photographs and candid snapshots of Frank and Michael through the years, the book is a fascinating look at the life of one of the biggest celebrities the world has ever known, as only a friend would know him.

“My Friend Michael” is a book for devoted fan and curious bystander, alike. While all the rumors are addressed, one must not forget, when reading it, that the author was his friend and, as his friend, he has written an interesting, compelling and faithful account of his experiences with Michael. So, if you’re looking for dirt, look somewhere else. “My Friend Michael” is Frank Cascio’s goodbye gift to his life-long friend.

New Interview with 25 Year MJ Colleague/Friend Frank Cascio

Hey guys. I hope you have all been well. Here's my recent interview with Michael Jackson friend and colleague Frank Cascio. There are a lot of stories about Madonna, his chronic pain, who he truly was, success, prescription drugs and many other things. Cascio says Michael wasn't a pedophile.

You can listen to the entire 25 minutes or read the highlights at the link:

http://www.cyinterview.com/2012/01/...ror-in-the-book-my-friend-michael-an-ordinar/

Re: New Interview with 25 Year MJ Colleague/Friend Frank Cascio

Why Frank Cascio have to say Michael isn't a pedophile?! I thought we knew the answer already!

Becuase Topfux we might know but some are still in the darkness. They have been brainwashed by tainted stories and the media.He Isn't telling the people who already know. Franks words are for those who still question or dont know.

Here is a review from a doubter after reading Frank's book
My wife and I simply couldn't put this book down. It revealed so much of Michael's inner thoughts and other private things that I had no idea about. I grew up a huge fan of the King of Pop. But after the 1993 and 2003 molestation allegations, I have to admit, I had my doubts of Michael, from time to time. I wanted Michael to be innocent, and I wanted him to fight. But after learning that Michael settled in 1993 for $20 million, I had unanswered questions. I have to admit -- The media can do a lot to persuade someone. A lie repeatedly broadcasted over and over could and does eventually become a "false fact". I regret ever having doubted Michael. Having read this book, I now know in my heart that Michael is 1000% innocent. Thank you Frank (the author) for sharing your story of Michael with us. Those who accuse you of cashing in on Michael's death by writing this book are just haters, ignore them.

The book is very detailed and is loaded with private moments, insights, jokes and feelings that Michael shared with his friends. I highly recommend this book, not only to his fans, but for those like me, that had wrongfully doubted him. Spread the truth! Michael, I'm sorry I ever doubted you. May you rest in peace. We love you!

Franks words are for those who still question or dont know.

Sadly too many still think it :( don't think we will ever see the day when some don't but even if it changes some peoples opinions each time someone speaks out then that's a good thing.

Thanks for posting. :)

Thank you for posting.

Can I ask what is meant by the term 'simpleton'? Perhaps it has a different meaning in the USA, here it could be used for someone who is backward or not at all bright.

Thank you for posting.

Can I ask what is meant by the term 'simpleton'? Perhaps it has a different meaning in the USA, here it could be used for someone who is backward or not at all bright.

Yes, I find that strange too. I think Michael valued intelligence a lot, so I doubt he wanted a dumb girl. So I hope Frank used it in another meaning.

That's the only meaning it has as far as I know. I find it hard to believe Michael dated girls that would be too dumb to hold a conversation.

Back