Fulham Football club to get statue of MJ

I think it an amazing gesture and will be great to see and visit.

Dont think Mo will get permission to build it outside the o2 and plus he built it to honour MJ and wants to see it s often as he can so he's built it on his own land.

Would all the negative people prefer no statue at all then this?

No matter where it is built there will be morons who will try and deface it. We shouldn't let our lives be dictated by these twats. I refuse to live my life in fear and worry over what ignorant idiots like that think. **** em all!!!

not being sterotpyical or anything lol but think of thick ignorant idots who read tabloids ontop of the thug racist hoolligan element that follow football teams.

I agree, the statue would probably get vandalized by people it is a really nice thing to do but most Footballs fans I've came across are narrow minded bigots

We don't think it's off the wall to put up statue of *****

Dickson Etuhu

18 Mar 2011

When I first heard that we were erecting a statue to Michael Jackson outside Craven Cottage I thought he must have been a famous former Fulham player!

Once I realised it was for the music legend I just thought "wow".

To people outside our club it may seem an unusual thing to do but those of us who know and love our chairman, Mohamed Fayed, are not at all surprised.

The players were talking about it at training yesterday, yet all thought the tribute summed him up perfectly.

Our chairman is an eccentric character yet that is what makes him unique. He knew Jackson, who came to watch us play, very well so putting a statue up for a genius is a fitting tribute.

Everyone loves Jackson and we all have our own favourite song. Mine is Smooth Criminal and anytime I hear it, it is impossible not to start tapping my feet.

The chairman has made this club what it is and whenever any of us has a problem he has always been there for us.

He gave us more encouraging words before the win over Blackburn a fortnight ago and will be with us again at Everton tomorrow.

He showed another example of his generosity this week when all our wives received a bouquet of flowers to thank them for their support of the club. It left me with a warm feeling because it is great to know that we are part of such a close team.

One thing we do miss, though, is our Harrods discount - when he owned the store we used to get a generous 43 per cent off!

I was in there this week because my two-year-old son, Zaccai, wants a dog.

Now he is only small, so we can't buy him anything large but I am over six feet tall so can you imagine me walking a terrier?

Zaccai just loves dogs . . . so I guess we will get one for him in the end. I used to have two Staffordshire/Mastiff cross breeds but gave them away when he was born.

A raging dog springs to mind when I think about my last match at Everton.

I have not played at Goodison Park on Fulham's last two visits as I was rested. The last time I played there was when I was at Sunderland and we lost 7-1. Roy Keane was in charge and was in the scariest mood I have ever seen a manager after a game.

We won't be on the end of a similar scoreline tomorrow now that we are getting back to full strength. Thankfully, I am fit for selection after straining my hamstring again near the end of the victory over Blackburn. I played the full 90 minutes and was shocked to find out two days later that I had aggravated the problem I first picked up in the game against Stoke.

We have not had a game for two weeks, though, because of the FA Cup and that has been my saviour.

The physios have been working hard with me for the past 10 days and I felt strong again when I trained yesterday.

So, with a bit of luck we'll collect another three points at Everton . . . and it would be fitting if the match was a Thriller!

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/stand...its-off-the-wall-to-put-up-statue-of-*****.do

I'll definitely go and see this, I'm in London anyway that weekend and will be great to see a lot of fans again!

I have to say i kinda agree with rio (and that's very hard for me to say as i hate him and Man U) I mean, while i feel MJ should have a statue in every country. As a football fan as well, i feel that, like Liverpool and other teams, u should only erect statues of ur legendary players outside the stadiums. As others have said, The O2 is probably the best place, or maybe even Wembley Stadium. I mean, i know its not the same one as MJ played at, but he set bare records there and if the o2 is in there, a place he barely even visited, let alone performed at, then wembley should be on the cards too. Unfortunately, Harrods is of the cards due to al fayed selling it.

This is exactly what I think. I think the gesture of putting up a statue of Michael outside Fulham Football Club is a great one by a good friend of Michael's.

There isn't any real connection between Michael Jackson and Fulham Football Club, as football clubs are really dictated by the passion of the fans not the chairman's. Statues are for former players etc, ie it would make more sense to put up a statue of the late George Best (who played for Fulham for 1 season in the mid 1970's), than Michael. I don't like the idea of Michael being associated with a specific football club. Or a statue of him where at a football stadium most fans are unlikely to bother visiting,

Wembley Stadium makes for sense to put up a statue of Michael. Michael has performed at Wembley Stadium more times than any artist or band from 1988-97. And even though it's a football stadium, it's also well known as a major music venue ie things like "Live Aid" etc, and hosts music concerts every year by big name artists and bands. So it would make more sense to have a statue of Michael there, because of the connection to Michael's music and music in general. I think Mohammed Al Fayed should lobby Wembley Stadium for to put up a statue of Michael there instead of Fulham Football Club.

Although I am sure we all appreciate the sentiments of Mr AlFayed maybe Fulham is not the most appropriate place to site this. Having said that, the man owns the club and can do what he wants....

You need to be aware that this matter has met with a huge backlash from the FFC fans - they are threatening to deface the statue and make their feelings known. A number of Michael's fans have responded and now the matter is in danger of spiralling.

Firstly, Mr AlFayed did approach the O2 but was refused permission.

Secondly, it is not quite so easy to site such a permanent statue - if it is on a street you need council planning permission which is very unlikely to be granted. It really needs to be sited on private property which is probably why he went for his own club.

It's such a pity that it has been met with such negativity and also a shame we cannot have it in a more appropriate place. Having said that I am sure we appreciate his attempts to honour his friend.

I'll definitely go and see this, I'm in London anyway that weekend and will be great to see a lot of fans again!

Be careful, I seen on the Fulham FC facebook page that there will be people who are planning to deface it. I have only seen 2 Fulham fans who are happy about this statue. The rest of them are serious haters.

Yeah, well if any fulham fans try and give me hassle while im there, they are gonna learn that not all MJ fans are like mike. cos i will knock em the **** out if they piss me off.

Yeah, well if any fulham fans try and give me hassle while im there, they are gonna learn that not all MJ fans are like mike. cos i will knock em the **** out if they piss me off.

Haha that's cute. :doh:

But seriously, they won't give you any hassle......why would they? But they have every right to be pissed off about the statue being there. If they decided to build an MJ statue outside Anfield, i'd think it was stupid. I think this is stupid.

Let's be honest, this is a terrible idea. The fans don't want it there, and the idea of it being defaced is just going to get on our nerves. I think it's best for everyone if they either don't build it or build it somewhere else....

Oh man...this face off is exactly what can't happen. I hope there's no trouble at the site of the statue, that would be awful. :(

like i already said, the world is FILLED with moronic, ignorant cloe-minded fools and no natter where in Britain this is erected, it WILL get vandalised and haters will go there to cause trouble, cos thats the way ppl are now. It sucks, big time i know, i live in a shitty town rife with these idiots and have to deal with peado comments everytime i dare to step out in an MJ t-shirt. But i don't care what they think then, and won't for this either. Its going where it is going, so instead of whinging and whinning on about it, cos that won't change, we should all (including the Fulham fans) just get on with our lifes, ignore the thing we don't like and enjoy the things we do. Having a MJ statue outside a stadium is not going to affect the average fans viewing experience is it? And having a bunch of footie fans near by certainly isn't going to stop me appreciating this amazing tribute one of Michael closest friends is paying to him or enjoying it, and if it doess u, maybe u need to take a step back and think about ur own ignorance for a while. (aimed at no one person, but all haters)

Its going where it is going, so instead of whinging and whinning on about it, cos that won't change, we should all (including the Fulham fans) just get on with our lifes, ignore the thing we don't like and enjoy the things we do. Having a MJ statue outside a stadium is not going to affect the average fans viewing experience is it?

It doesn't have to go there. The fans opinions should be taken seriously and if they speak out against it and protest against it then they could probably succeed in preventing it from being made.

If they don't want the statue there then they will do whatever it takes to prevent it from happening. If that means threatening to deface the statue then i'm sure that is what they will do.

Just like when us fans don't like something being said against Michael, we speak out against it until it ends, and we have been successful. I think we should all appreciate why they feel this way and see it from their point of view.

Like i have said on a previous post I think people need to have a sensible attitude to all of this. We won't do ourselves any favours by going on FFC sites and being abusive and sadly that is what some MJ fans have done. They just feed the public perception of us and we end up coming down to their level.

I'm happy the statue is going where it is, I don't mind if we piss off some football hooligans who hate MJ.

@BudzMJJ - I agree. I've been on the Fulham facebook page to see fans' reactions and almost all of them hate MJ and the idea of the statue and are planning to deface the statue with food, drink and by spitting and urinating.

I'm happy the statue is going where it is, I don't mind if we piss off some football hooligans who hate MJ.

My god! Are you serious?! It is THEIR stadium, they are only reacting in this way because they don't want the statue there...and I don't blame them. This is their world, MJ has no part in it.

Why would you be happy that it is going there? It's going to be awesome hearing of people defacing the statue everyday, just fantastic. I wont blame them though, the idea of building a statue there is just ridiculous.

Seriously, I don't know who some of you think you are :doh: This is THEIR stadium, they have every right to be annoyed. The fact that some of you are going on their forum and giving them abuse like that is even worse.

I'm just going to come out and say it, you make me sick. I'm on their side with this, sorry guys. But the way some of you have reacted to this is just terrible........

How would you feel if they went and built a statue of a Fulham footballing legend outside of MJ's first home? You'd react EXACTLY the same way, and yes it is the same thing.....you might not think so. But it is.

Fulham football club is their world, MJ is ours.

My god! Are you serious?! It is THEIR stadium, they are only reacting in this way because they don't want the statue there...and I don't blame them. This is their world, MJ has no part in it.

Why would you be happy that it is going there? It's going to be awesome hearing of people defacing the statue everyday, just fantastic. I wont blame them though, the idea of building a statue there is just ridiculous.

Seriously, I don't know who some of you think you are :doh: This is THEIR stadium, they have every right to be annoyed. The fact that some of you are going on their forum and giving them abuse like that is even worse.

I'm just going to come out and say it, you make me sick. I'm on their side with this, sorry guys. But the way some of you have reacted to this is just terrible........

How would you feel if they went and built a statue of a Fulham footballing legend outside of MJ's first home? You'd react EXACTLY the same way, and yes it is the same thing.....you might not think so. But it is.

The abuse they have gave Michael is horrible. Everything from pedophile jokes to plastic surgery jokes to death jokes. F**k them.

The abuse they have gave Michael is horrible. Everything from pedophile jokes to plastic surgery jokes to death jokes. F**k them.

It would be a small minority saying such things, they have millions of fans.....Don't generalise them. Although i'm sure the majority of them are against the statue and I don't blame them.

I don't condone what they have said, but I can see why they're reacting this way.

This was allways going to happen, it was a nice thought...but a terrible idea. If he wants to build a statue he should build it somewhere relevant like outside the 02.

I agree with you. I think Al Fayad means well; however, the whole project doesn't make sense.

I love Michael and I sure want a statue of him being put up in a meaningful manner in an appropriate location. There are so many football legends who are dear in the football fans' hearts. They deserved to be memorialized and celebrated as well. I understand where all the football fans are coming from.

You are exactly right. I sure would feel invaded if the partial owner of Neverland decides to build a statue of a football legend in Neverland.

It would be a small minority saying such things, they have millions of fans.....Don't generalise them. Although i'm sure the majority of them are against the statue and I don't blame them.

I don't condone what they have said, but I can see why they're reacting this way.

This was allways going to happen, it was a nice thought...but a terrible idea. If he wants to build a statue he should build it somewhere relevant like outside the 02.

You have to understand he doesn't own the O2 Arena and you can't just go putting statues wherever you want.

And of the Fulham fans I've seen against the statue, about 80-90% of them are making fun of Michael.

My god! Are you serious?!

I wont blame them though, the idea of building a statue there is just ridiculous.

We make you sick? Really now?

Michael has nothing to do with this desicion. It was Al Fayet's choise to put the statue there SO if they have the b@lls then they should shout, scream or swear at Alfayet not Michael. But of course they can not do that so they attack again to they easy target: MJ. I am sorry but i don't see how they are right to call Michael all this names when it wasn't Michael choise to invade "they world" as you put it, but it was their chairman's choise. Why not call Al Fayet names? The fact that you support their acts is something that should make you sick

Michael has nothing to do with this desicion. It was Al Fayet's choise to put the statue there SO if they have the b@lls then they should shout, scream or swear at Alfayet not Michael. But of course they can not do that so they attack again to they easy target: MJ. I am sorry but i don't see how they are right to call Michael all this names when it wasn't Michael choise to invade "they world" as you put it, but it was their chairman's choise. Why not call Al Fayet names? The fact that you support their acts is something that should make you sick

:clap: :clap: :clap: I'm glad that someone agrees with me.

I agree with you. I think Al Fayad means well; however, the whole project doesn't make sense.

I love Michael and I sure want a statue of him being put up in a meaningful manner in an appropriate location. There are so many football legends who are dear in the football fans' hearts. They deserved to be memorialized and celebrated as well. I understand where all the football fans are coming from.

You are exactly right. I sure would feel invaded if the partial owner of Neverland decides to build a statue of a football legend in Neverland.

Yes thank you! That is a good example as well.

You all need to ask yourselves one question, how would you feel if they built a statue of a Fulham footballing legend in Neverland?

Some of you. Yes, really.

Especially the ones that are going onto the Fulham forums.

I'm sure they are calling him names, but we wouldn't hear about it because we are MJ fans. So we look for them talking about MJ, we arent Mohammed Al Fayed fans.

I didn't say they were right to call MJ names, of course they aren't. But they are acting out of anger and frustration, and when we are angry and frustrated....we say harsh things such as the things they are saying. Not condoning it, but I can understand why they feel this way.

You have to understand he doesn't own the O2 Arena and you can't just go putting statues wherever you want.

And of the Fulham fans I've seen against the statue, about 80-90% of them are making fun of Michael.

Well he shouldn't build a statue at all then, until he can find a suitable place to build it.

Last edited:
Yes thank you! That is a good example as well.

You all need to ask yourselves one question, how would you feel if they built a statue of a Fulham footballing legend in Neverland?

That Fulham footballing legend didn't visit Neverland. The co-owners of Neverland didn't but hundreds of millions of $$ into it.

Of course, it's not right to call anybody names. Not just Michael, but anybody. The people who left nasty comments remain the minority of all football fans. L.T.D. doesn't support the fans act to call Michael names. He is also a Michael Jackson fan.

When we look at this from Fullham fans' perspective, it's not hard to understand their frustrations. We love Michael, but we should have respect for others.

Why would we want to support to have a statue of Michael errected in a football stadium if it's going to casue so much agony to the football fans?

That Fulham footballing legend didn't visit Neverland. The co-owners of Neverland didn't but hundreds of millions of $$ into it.

Well i've visited Fulham's ground. Maybe they should build a statue of me there.

I love Michael, but his only assosciation with Fulham is that he was friends with the Chairman and visited there ground once. Hardly enough to warrant a statue being built of him there.

L.T.D;3304669 said:
Well i've visited Fulham's ground. Maybe they should build a statue of me there.

I love Michael, but his only assosciation with Fulham is that he was friends with the Chairman and visited there ground once. Hardly enough to warrant a statue being built of him there.

MAF can do whatever he wants, he has put about £200million into that club. Regardless of what anyone else thinks, it's his club, his friend and his money.

Did Michael vist Fullham? If so, how many times? What is the real connection between Michael and football?

If we want the owners of Neverland to respect Michael and make respectful decision, the fans of Fullham also wish Al Fayad to respect the football greats. I'm sure there are many great football players, past and present, who are dear in the fans' hearts. They don't have a statue errected in the stadium. But now, the chairman of the club want to build a statue of his personal friend in the stadium? That personal friend happened to be Michael Jackson. But still, Al Fayad's act is not considerate to the football fans.

KingMikeJ;3304673 said:
MAF can do whatever he wants, he has put about £200million into that club. Regardless of what anyone else thinks, it's his club, his friend and his money.

Colony Captial also pured a lot of money in Neverland. Neverland is now partially owned by Colony Capital, a venture capital company in California. So, it's Colony's money, does it mean Colony can do whatever it wants?

Colony Capital held a Christmas party in Neverland last year. I felt offended. I don't think it's right. That's why I feel the football fans wishes shall be respected as well.

Back