Getting to Know You!

Re: Getting to know you!

I'm Eliza, that's not my real name but it kinda sounds like my real name, I got it years ago from my English teacher.
I'm 32 years old been a fan for 20 years. I love the Dangerous and History eras. I saw Michael twice in concert (History tour) and later again twice in London 2002 (@ the London Sony demo and the Killer Thriller party). And I met some lovely fans outside of Michael's hotel there. I would love to reconnect with them.
I used to post here under the name of 'raingirl' but something happened, I lost my password and had problems loggin in and just forgot to come here again.
I'm single, I love dogs, I have two of them and I'm hoping for a 3rd one asap.

I think, I KNOW you :cheeky: I talked with 'raingirl' before :ciao:

I've been to the $ony demo and the Killer Thriller party too and I was at Michael's hotel too ;) The Renaissance Hotel right with the HUGE black gate... AHHHHH, memories hey...

Awww... Glad you found HOME again :clap:

Great.
I wish we'd have that type of gatherings (fans coming to one place to see (and maybe meet) MJ and meet other fans from all over the world) but it's just not the same without Michael.

Here's a 23 years old female fan from Holland. I've been a hardcore Michael Jackson fan since 2003. I've been here on this forum years ago, forgot my password, registred on some other forums but always kept reading here... I wanted to become a member in 2009 again but I somehow felt 'ashamed', didn't want to look like the 'new' fans that I disliked so much at that moment. I was devastated over Michael's death and have been feeling a little down lately, maybe because it's almost June again. Anyway, just wanted to become a member of this lovely community again. :wub:

Hello! I am Michael or Mike. I am from the Philippines. I am 31 years old but I look young for my age. Some people think I am still in my early 20's.

I've been a Michael Jackson fan since I was a kid when I first saw Thriller. I also love Moonwalker and Bad was a theme song that played inside my head when I walked around town with a tough guy swag. hehehe.. The first album I owned was Dangerous (cassette) which died because I played it over and over again. I became a hardcore fan during the HIStory era and even dressed up like him (It was a high school phase.). hahaha... I'd get into a lot of fights with classmates who would bash him. MJ really means a lot to me. I even refused to join a gang that recruited me because of the song "Beat it". I was lucky enough to watch the HIStory tour in my country back in '96 and got V.I.P. tickets. I had to convince my mother and grandmother to get me the tickets. I told them that I should watch it since it might be his last world tour and I'll never have the chance to watch him live again. I was right.

Some people say I look like Thriller and early Bad era MJ. At first it kinda bothered me since when I wore this shirt with Michael's face on it, people would comment that we looked the same. But it don't bother me much right now. I am even happy that we have similarities.

I collect a lot of Michael Jackson stuff but my collection is not that much compared to the other fans since it's rare to find MJ stuff in my city. I am also the only person I know who is a very big fan of his in my home town.

I took up law once upon a time but stopped. I am going to continue my studies next year though. I am also into photography. My hobbies are singing, dancing, playing the guitar, sports, target shooting and composing songs. I love animals. I had exotic pets before but they all died (Scorching heat during the summer killed them.) The only pet I have now is a Chinese Sharpei dog.

I wish I met Michael face to face but it was not meant to be. I am just happy that I was able to see him in person during the HIStory tour. It was the happiest day of my life.

I'd love to meet other MJ fans all over the world. It kinda gets lonely here when it comes to MJ fans. Well that's it. Nice meeting you all.

Last edited:

I'm Ryan. I was on MJNO back in 2005-2008. I was also a mod on MJJB from 2008 to whenever it closed. I forgot. So now I'm back on here. Largely getting back on because of the huge anticipated release of Bad 25. I used MJJ_1984 on both forums. I'm a huge Thriller era fan, but love them all. Love everything J5. Fav album is Thriller. Fav song is Beat it & Bad. Favorite tour is Bad Tour 2nd leg. Fav video is BAD. I've seen him twice. I saw him in 1994 in Memphis at the Elvis tribute with Lisa Marie. And I was at the Sept 7, 2001 show in MSG. I had tickets to Monday, August 3rd 2009. I did attend his memorial at Staples with some fellow MJ fans from USA and UK. Glad to be back apart of the MJ World.

My name is Alejandra and I'm 16 years old and I have been reading some of these posts and you guys have been fans for so long :)

I live in NYC and I literally just joined this website like an hour ago lol , I don't know why I haven't joined before since I always look at posts from this site

I was first introduced the the wonderful music of Michael Jackson by my music teacher when I was 12 when she showed us the video to Thriller and I thought that this was one of the most amazing videos that I have ever watched. She also showed us Beat It (which I loved), We Are The World, and Smooth Criminal. I remember getting home that day and listening to his music non stop. It was amazing.

Well I have nothing much to say but this site is awesome :punk:

Welcome Alejandra!

It's nice to know that even with the younger generation there are a lot of Michael Jackson fans.

I'm Thomas, from a little Hick town called Loudon Tennessee, Huge MJ fan as you can tell, the era dose not matter. I am a book worm, movie buff and sports fan.

Well i think i have go as well. Im Sonja, im from Finland and im 28 years old. Ive been a Michael Jackson fan from the age of 8 i think, theres been times i havent been so into him but i think hes been my fave always. I love all eras of him. Right now im out of job but looking. I love animals especially cats! I like listening to music,shopping,the net.

Hi, i'm new here, my name is amy. I have been an mj fan since 2009, listen to him everyday! nice to meet you all xxx

wow I haven't been active in a long time and I feel like a new member seeing all the new "faces" here!

I'll introduce myself again, haha. Hanna from Finland, MJ fan since 2005 & trying to start posting a bit more frequently again :)

I thought I already did this, but I see that I didn't (I scrolled through the entire thread to check). I learned about this site from a thread posted by a fellow fan on Michael's official site, michaeljackson.com and have been posting here sporadically.

I'm from Michigan and have been a fan since the 60s. It would be nice to converse with other Old School fans like myself, who've been Mike's fans from the get-go, but I haven't come across that many online. I've seen Michael in concert mostly with his brothers (J5/Jacksons) and one solo tour ("BAD"). Through his good times and hard times, I've remained a fan and to be honest, it's quite discerning to see the new wave of fans rise after his death. Michael himself found it sad that people only appreciate artists "after they're dead" and I agree with him.

How can a talent as great as Michael's (and his compassion for people) be ignored, not made aware of or interesting to people until after he's dead?

Last edited:

Hello everyone! :ciao:

I'm a newbie to the forum, so I wanted to drop in and introduce myself :wild:

My name's Amie, I'm a 28 year old female from Folkestone, Kent, United Kingdom. I've been a fan since...well, ever since I recall my first memories, so at least since 6 years old. The first memory I have of Michael is of hearing Billie Jean on the radio for the first time. I remember clearly wondering if the voice was male or female, I couldn't figure it out! I was really intrigued by this unique voice and thought it was the best thing I'd ever heard. Not long after I became obsessed with Moonwalker and practically wore my VHS tape out from constantly watching rewatching it over and over, particularly the Smooth Criminal segment, so I could learn the moves! :scratch:

When I was 14 years old, I was lucky enough (after begging my parents) to go to one of the HIStory concerts at Wembley, London in '97. I had the feeling it would be my only chance, so really laid it on thick with my parents, haha (and I was right, I wouldn't get to see him again, sadly :no:). Luckily, my Mum became as big a fan as me anyway. That day was incredible. We arrived really early in the morning, on my insistence. When the gates opened at around 12pm we ran right to front of the stage, right on the barrier! Unfortunately my friend was really small and was getting crushed, so we got carried over the barrier and eventually let out the side again, and had to sit on the side chairs watching.

I've joined the forum because I'd really like to chat with others that love MJ as much as I do. I have a Twitter account too, so if anyone wants to add me, please feel free! http://twitter.com/ALandsborough

L.O.V.E MJ Fam! x

^Exact same feeling about the HIStory tour. I also had to beg to get VIP tickets because I had a feeling it would be his last.

^Exact same feeling about the HIStory tour. I also had to beg to get VIP tickets because I had a feeling it would be his last.

Hey, Mike! :ciao: I see you're in the Philippines. I lived there for 3 years :) Did you see MJ in Manila?

It's so strange, that when This Is It was announced my brother said "He'll never do it. He'll be dead before then." I got to say, I had the same awful feeling too.

I'm 26 years old and I'm from Denmark. I used to be a member on MJNO. Since MJ passed I haven't been very active on forums as it was too difficult for me, but three years on I feel ready to be a part of the fan community again.

I've been a fan since 1997. My favorite album is Dangerous. I had tickets to see him in London at the This Is It tour, but yeah....
Besides MJ I'm a big fan of Guns N' Roses and Courtney Love.
I love animals, reading, writing, going to concerts and that kinda stuff.

Hey, Mike! :ciao: I see you're in the Philippines. I lived there for 3 years :) Did you see MJ in Manila?

It's so strange, that when This Is It was announced my brother said "He'll never do it. He'll be dead before then." I got to say, I had the same awful feeling too.

Yes! I watched the '96 concert. I am not from Manila. I am from another city in the Philippines so I had to fly to Manila to watch it. I had to sign a contract that I'll be good if they let me watch the concert. I was quite a naughty teenager before.
It was a very memorable concert. The funny thing was that I was the only one looking like Michael during that time. I thought it would be like what I saw in concert videos that some fans wore costumes but people then didn't do that. And it was funny that one of the vendors there thought I was Michael Jackson at first glance. hahaha...

Hi my name is Tammy..Some here may know me as Tammy Marie from FB.I am new to this forum..But not a new fan of Michaels......Ive loved him since Got To Be There...Yes I am probably alittle older that most here,lol......Like all of you I was so heartbroken over his death,and still today it hurts....... I am a mother of 2 and nana of an awesome boy Seth.....Who Ive taught all about Michael....Michaels love,generosity,dance,music and his mission to Heal the world,He is a big fan as well.......I hope I meet fans I know here and meet new ones as well...And to share Love like Michael would want us to.......I love to write poetry....Ive written alot of Michael...I.will post when I can....I just love to write in general..hope to one day have a book out....Lovelove:angel:

Not that anyone would actually care and bother read this scroll, but still...!!!Long post alert!!!

Over the decade i've been among you as a member of this message board i've written plenty o' things and there's tons of stuff i haven't said, but it occurred to me i had never actualy and properly introduced myself so, if you will allow me, i'll take the opportunity of using this lovely thread to do just that – say Hello and some other things. With all due respect, i don't believe that sharing a few (ok, many) words and thoughts actually qualifies as 'knowing' me, but i suppose it should sufice for now.

I'm 31 and i was born where the magic is all in the air and the stars line up; that's where i are from. Usually, i don't like to repeat things, but this is one of them that i have to – i've come to hear of Michael 20 years ago and the natural consequence of making such acquaintance was to love the man. I suppose it was as inevitable as the earth goin' round the sun or snow fallin' down in winter.

Whenever i'm asked who i am and what it is that i do i have a hard time responding to those questions not necessarily because i haven't figured out the answers yet, but simply because they, same as me, are a bit more complex than brevity permits.

I are many things, both good and bad. I've been told most, if not all, members of the human race have the tendency to have that kinda mix, don't know for sure though, i don't think it has been scientifically proven yet :p

I can have a pretty hot temper (genetic legacy i'm told and i realize), gratitude ain't my forte and i also got problems with waiting along side many other issues of many natures, but i have the audacity to want to keep some of them between me, Jesus and those closest to me.

Starting so many sentences with 'I' makes me highly uncomfortable, but this is the purpose of the thread, so i suppose on this one occasion it'll be in order. I have strong opinions about many things (even those i am not thoroughly informed on lol), i believe in many values and i have deep feelings of animosity about the ways in which humans treat each other and creation.

I abhore racism, anti-Semitism, xenophobia and nationalism; i can't stand the ways in which life is disregarded in the name of profit and i resent the materialistic and hedonistic focus of our age.

I believe the world is not only a mess like Mike & bros sang back in the day, but a terrible mess. However, i am not inclinded to believe in any doom's day theories that free us from the responsabilities of living everyday life in accord with our moral compass. “False prophets cry of doom...../We must live each day like it's the last” if i recall the lyrics correctly.

I know the world can be transformed (for the better OR worse) through the determination of the few and the power of the many. I believe its condition can be improved by people, but it can only be perfected by the One who made it.

I believe in fairytales (admitedly more in tails than fairies). I believe in beauty and in kindness. Without being blind to or oblivious about the darkness covering us, i still dare believe in the magic of the world and the wonder of the bright sides of life. I believe in the innocence of children and that of adults who are willing to submit to God's laws.

I love people who are unafraid to talk truth to power, don't feel the obligation to cater to the needs of the feeble or the demands of the voracious.

I love people who speak their mind and have attitude but not for the sake of attitude but rather because they stand for something greater than themselves.

I'm crazy about people who know what truly matters in life - to love and be loved.

I love people who can place themselves in other folks' shoes and show sympathy and understanding for the plight of few and many.

I love people who are not ashamed to admit they don't know something and i also love those who are not afraid to express their feelings even if they are not always of the cheery, lovely kind.

I love people with a sense of humor. I believe sarcasm is a definite mark of intelligence; i especially love people who are capable of self-irony because it's not too healthy to take ourselves that seriously. Life, love and faith are too big and too serious issues not be made fun of every now and then. What's the point of goin' through them without some laughter to go along with all the tears?

I admire people who are brilliant and passionate at what they do.

I love scientists of every field (math, physics, economy) who can make science interesting and intelligible even for dumbos like me. I don't believe science and faith are incompatible but rather complementary tools which help us understand a bit better the genius and the intricate design God used when He made the world and us.

I love the arts and artists because they connect us to the deeper and higher levels of our souls, the ones where creativity resides.

I love the sports and athletes because they take us beyond the limits of our human endurance and they show us the power of our fighting spirit.

Born out of the greatest thing of all – love, i believe man's ability to forgive is our greatest weapon against hate and the neverending cycle of vengeance.

Although people and life are bent on proving me wrong, i still believe in humanity's ability to rise above the lowest levels its nature can regress to, i believe in these and many other things...

I'm not impressed by worldly definitions of power such as status, academic titles, fame or fortune, but i are a sucker for beauty, innocence, purity and suffering, especially of the inner kind.

When it comes to all human affairs i don't believe in perfection, but i believe in excellence and the latter might be a far more difficult target than than the former because perfection is unattainable, whilst excellence is possible, but as such, faaar more demanding.

I believe human beings are three-dimensional beings made of body, mind and spirit and our balance and fulfillment depends on the harmony between them and that means neither of the three components can or should be neglected in favor of the others.

Unlike some of my brothers and sisters in faith, i don't believe neither lust nor passion are the enemies of Christian morality, but promiscuity rather. Sensuality expressed within the confines of the sacrament of marriage is one of God's greatest gifts.

I still believe in true love, but i also know that love, like all things human, can be a very messy affair. If built on six fully compatible hearts, even if highly flawed, it can become one of the most powerful forces in the universe. The union of the six turns them all into a 7[SUP]th[/SUP] bigger, better and brighter one than the smaller, separated ones. And that is why i completely agree with Dr. Gregory K Popcak.

Man is never more manly than when he serving and loving woman.
Woman is never more womanly than when she is serving and loving man.
And the
fullness of our humanity is never more beautifully expressed then when both of these realities exist at the same time.

Whom i also agree with are Blessed John Paul II

Love is the fundamental and innate vocation of every human being

and Vaclav Havel

Truth and love will prevail over lies and hate.

One thing i forgot to add – i are really big on human rights. That very well may be due to the fact that so many of mine have been trampled over time, but three of the most important ones for me are the right to change my mind without being labeled unstable, the right to share only portions (both good and bad) of my existence and not my entire life with people and also in the immortal words of the U2 guys – the right to be ridiculous is something i hold dear. At least this 1 particular right is real because it depends mostly on my own propensity for makin' a fool of myself, the trouble starts when the protection of my rights depends on others...

Initially, i was tempted to post a partial picture of myself for reassurance purposes that it wasn't a ghost doin' the writin', but then i figured there was no point in me posting a portion of my legs, when others had already done it years before in artistic attempts without even asking my permission for it. In any case, what i actually look like – wheather a catwalk material or a shabby lil' monster – should matter to no one but my man. The way i think might be of use, however small, to others as well.

Anyways, i betta end this scroll soon, but not before i gave you my name. As i told a joyful discussion partner long ago i've been called many things and i go by 1002 names, but for now....y'all can call me A, a Latin-flavored kinda letter, pronounced 'aah'. It is the closest to the truth. The numbers in my current username are my humble tribute to Elie Wiesel and Madiba.

In case it ain't obvious from the capacity to write endless nonsense, i are a girl :p And btw of girly stuff and also taken from the chapter of getting to 'know' me – my favorite flowers are the lillies of the valley. I love all colors of the rainbow, most especially green, but above all white which makes them all come together.

I'm realy picky when it comes to food and i are rather conservative in this and a few other areas as well – i don't like to experiment with exotic foods, but rather stay with the few unhealthy certainties i gots even if that means being a bit impolite towards local culinary traditions.

To make a realy long story short and to sum up all of the above, if i would have to describe myself in one paragraph it would sound somethin' like this – i are an alien of sorts, an undercover agent, member of a task force under the rule of Christ Jesus on a not-so-secret mission and i are here to defy the laws of logic, psychology and post-modern conventional 'wisdom'. Peace a cake, right? :lol: I left the defyin' of the laws of physics on Michael.

Much love,

A ;)

P.S. I can go 'chuuu' like Michael at the beginning of Speed Demon; i can't actually stand my talkin'/singin' voices, but i get the chuuu done pretty good.

Hi everyone.

I'm Karen, 22 going on 23. I live in the midlands, UK.

I've been an MJ fan ever since I was a kid. I must have been 5 or 6 years old, I was at my cousin's house and he owned a copy of Moonwalker and played it for us ...and I've been a fan ever since. Needless to say Bad era is my fave!

This is the first MJ fansite I've joined, although I have lurked through quite a few. My friends are casual fans and think i'm pretty obsessed (i'd say i'm slightly obsessed!) so I thought I would finally join a fansite and discuss MJ with like-minded individuals with out the judgement!!

Hello :) i'm new here

My name is Adriana, I'm from Romania, and i'm 16 years old :)
I became a MJ fan in 2009, after his death. I wasn't a hater before, but i guess i was blinded by all the lies the press said about him.. I slowly started to appreciate him, and found out that he was a very, very kind man :)

Hello i am new
My name is Jenny, i have been a fan of mj since i was about 10 years old, i have 2 children
my interests are reading, spending time with my kids and watching movies and of course mj!

Hi MJ-Lovers! :ciao:
I don't quite know if I did this already, don't think so though!
Not so much to tell I think, I'm Sunnie, and I'm from Belgium! Kind of a neighbor of Daryll748 (Daz)! ;)
I first got to know about Michael & His brothers late '81, after I heard a tape from my mum playing Lovely One, I Want You Back, Ben, and some time later DSTYGE, so I quickly fell In Love with their/His Music!! My mum explained to me, about this little boy singing with his brothers The Jackson 5 and how my grandmother (who had died already) just loved how this lil boy sang & danced like He was a grownup! So I didn't need much more than that to know I was becoming a "Fan",... A Certain Fact & Understatement the year after with the Thriller release, the Girl is Mine with McCartney (whom I knew better from the Beatles) and Definitely when I actually saw Him (Such A Beautiful Grown Up Man) with Billie Jean,...! :wub:
Which btw is still my Fav Song ever since I saw Him perform the song at Motown 25, 1983!!
From that moment on (Thriller Album), I was without a doubt a Mega-Huge-Super-Fan, sure of herself that one day she would become Mrs. Michael Jackson!! LOL, well a girl could Dream, no?? :blush:
O, just ask my parents, they'll complain enough about my Fan-hood... ;D
Emm, what else,... Sorry to say I've only seen Him Live 3x in Concert in Belgium!!
You know, He Is The BEST, Always Will Be, not matter whether He's a Heavenly Earthling or Angel!! :heart:
That's about it I guess!! :unsure:
Otherwise, when you have questions, just ask, and maybe I'll answer!! :cheeky:
Enjoy yourselves peeps and Always Keep The Faith!! :)

Last edited:
Back