Grammy discussion, Video links, Pictures..... [ Prince & Paris attend ] ALL threads merged.

Re: Michael Jackson's Kids May Appear at Grammys

For me it would all depend upon whether or not the children would like to be involved in the program. I can't quite picture Blanket being comfortable with it, but Prince and Paris? Maybe. Would have to depend upon how it was handled, ie, their presence, etc. Walking the carpet? No, that would be mayhem.

As long as there is no pressure or expectations placed on them to do it, and they sincerely want to be part of the tribute to their father, so be it.

Ultimately this could all be a ploy to pull in viewers, wouldn't surprise me in the least.

If that's true I also hope it's their own decision and they're not told to do it. If they want to go there, fine, if they don't want to, totally understandable. Whatever they decide.

Is Janet going there btw?

If that's true I also hope it's their own decision and they're not told to do it. If they want to go there, fine, if they don't want to, totally understandable. Whatever they decide.

Is Janet going there btw?

Genevieve Jackson on her twitter said she was going, but she wasn't sure if Janet is.

Seems like a ratings ploy. Say Michael's children will appear and get the ratings. Unless the Jackson family come out and deny it we have no way for sure. I have no problems with the kids doing stuff for Michael and appearing on TV when they're older but they're too young to be exposed like that.

I hope it's just a ratings ploy and not true. IMO it's just too soon. They are healing but still grieving. It could very well be that seeing the tribute to their father could bring them to tears again - and what would the purpose be to have them grieve that way in public? Just to satisfy people's curiosity???

I'd hate to see the tab coverage of this appearance. If they are sad/cry - pics and "oh poor kids" everywhere. If they don't or if they smile - "MJ's kids happy without him".

They do NOT need this. It's way too soon, and they are yet young. Let them have their time to grieve and heal in private. There will be many opportunities in the future for them to honor their father and it would be much better if they were older and more time has passed. Just my opinion, though.

I really hope the kids don't appear at the Grammys. They are too young for these type of things. Plus, even if they didn't go on the red carpet you know that some camera in the building would be on them at some point in the show. I just hope they don't go, I don't want the cameras all up in their faces and stuff. That's just my opinion though.

I hope this is just a ratings ploy.

Honestly I doubt that the kids would be at the Grammys, but it depends if grandmother Kathrine is okay with it or not, my guess she probably give it a "no" to it.

I hope Michael's children have been asked if they wish to be involved. It really is important that they are fully in the picture and given the choice as to what they wish to do.

This will be a special evening and it would be fabulous for them to be part of it ... and especially witnessing their father being honoured in this way & seeing his finished 3D video of Earthsong.

i just think that they should stay out of the spotlight. i don't like the state of the world, today. and i still hate the word 'source'. look..either i'll watch the broadcast or not. i know the grammy people are desperate.

its like all of mjs efforts were in vain -_-

i dont like it -_-

I really don't like that idea and I doubt it will happen. The media would be all over it and that would be bad.

It is not what we want that is important .... it is what the children want.

it's not what the children want either. It's what MJ would have wanted.... this is not it.

Tabloid Junk.

It wont happen.

You know AEG are behind the Grammy's right?

it's not what the children want either. It's what MJ would have wanted.... this is not it.

Sorry but MJ is not here so yes it is about what the children and the family want. It is not the fans call and we have no right to judge.

I think Katherine is trying to do what Michael would have wanted for his kids. He trusted her with them. I think I would be okay with it if she was with them. Otherwise I don't think they should be there. I think they should watch it at home. There is plenty of time for them to do things for Michael. Michael wanted them to be kids.

But they are, in fact, children - grieving children. Depending on how it is put to them, they could feel obligated and do something they aren't ready for, and personally, I don't think grieving children should be put in that position. This isn't about honoring their father. Paris did that with love and class at the memorial. This is only about pimping them for grammy ratings and selling the results in magazines and tabloids afterwards. Again, just my opinion. What will be, will be.

They are probably just saying all this 'maybe' to get more hits on their site.... one source that won't be named? yeah....
In any case... if they brought those kids up on stage in any capacity, let alone sing...MJ would totally be rolling over in his grave. He didn't cover them up in public because he thought it was fashionable...
And as far as what the kids want... when I was 13 I wasn't old enough for my parents to let me do everything I wanted... MJ was that kind of dad too, you know he would have said no, wait until you are an adult and then you can choose.

It would be nice if they were there to see the tribute and everything but there will be cameras everywhere. If the kids are comfortable or uncomfortable with the idea, I'm sure they will speak up. They should be there on their behalf, not because the public wants to see them. It would be very sweet to see them accept and award for Michael, alongside Janet or someone, though. Who knows though, we'll have to see. But in my opinion, I honestly don't see this happening. This might just be a rumor started up to get people more interested...

We'll be seeing them sometime or another though. Keeping them away from it now doesn't mean they'll stay out of it later on...

I would love them to be there.....the Grammy is a prestigious award show and if a tribute & an award will be bestowed on their father, who else but them deserves to be there to accept the honors! This may not happen again in the Grammys.

Go Prince, Paris & Blanket - let the world see how beautiful you have become and show the world your great love for your dad!!

If the grandmother okays it, then it is okay. However, for me, I would not like them to attend. The children would be used as a curiosity, an object to analyze, discuss and start more rumors about. Further, the same way I see pictures of them during the memorial all over the place now, I will then see these new pictures from the Grammys on the covers of all magazines, etc. The media will not let them simply sit and watch the show. They will have comments to make, and I could hear joy behar adding her own nasty comments. However, I understand the views of those here who would like to see them attend. Peace

Grammy's and AEG are hand in hand.

I want to know how they are doing but I would only want them to attend the Grammy's if they wanted to do so themselves. And maybe the Grammy's are just saying this to get people to watch the Grammy's.

what children want is not necessarily what's best for them...it's a very very delicate moment.
I respect them and whatever decision they'll make in life,whatever it's not up to me...but this "hey turn on the tv the children will be there" for every event concerning MJ or the family is getting pathetic...

I think if they were alittle older maybe this could work.I know it will be overwhelming for them now with all the show of love for their dad from the his peers. It would be great if a Adult like Jackie or Tito or Marlon or Rebbie would accompany them on stage. Yeah Janet too.Hell The Whole Family,The J4,Janet,Latoya and Rebbie.. Mom Katherine and Popa Joe can be in the audience. And He should an award,Why Not ?
He deserves it after all he's been through. An Apology would be nice too but I know there will not be one.

Sorry but MJ is not here so yes it is about what the children and the family want. It is not the fans call and we have no right to judge.

just because he's not here doesn't mean his wishes shouldn't be granted, he fought ALL his life to not get the children in front of the camera and how do you repay him? by doing the exact opposite?

just because he's not here doesn't mean his wishes shouldn't be granted, he fought ALL his life to not get the children in front of the camera and how do you repay him? by doing the exact opposite?

You are so right!

And I believe that Mrs. Jackson will continue to follow Michael's wishes to the best of her ability. In my opinion, she started when she didn't allow Michael's children to make any appearances in that reality program. Not even a very brief appearance was allowed by Mrs. Jackson.

its up to the kids they are old enough now that they can say yes or no. IMO it is a good idea that the kids go and accept for Michael because... seriously... We are all tired of Jermaine...

But its not up to us. its up to those 3 kids.

I think it is ridiculous when fans who do not know the kids, how they are dong, etc should feel as though they know better as to what is best. The kids are OLDER now (besides little Blanket), the paparazzi follow them anyway. Why wouldn't it be better to have them in a controlled environment rather then followed by paparazzi. Seriously you can't expect them to put them in veils until they are 21. My point is that we don't know how well the kids are coping. This could be a great thing for them. And out of al the awards, the Grammy is the most prestigious in music. And if they are comfortable and the family decides they can handle it, I think it would be nice for them to experience this in their fathers honor.

Back