Grammy discussion, Video links, Pictures..... [ Prince & Paris attend ] ALL threads merged.

Re: Michael Jackson's Kids May Appear at Grammys

This title scared me so much because I read it very quickly accidentically that "Michael Jackson may appear at Grammys"... You know, it's thriller, thriller night...

Ryan Seacrest on Twitter: "just talked to the exec prod of @thegrammys...hearing MJs kids may sing."

omg....if they do, I will probably end up bawling my eyes out.

I can't even see pics of them without getting teary eyed.

MJ was ready to introduce them to the world , Prince was working with his father on something and it was going to be introduced at TIT concerts . Prince was attending a directing school , the kids obviously like the show biz and want to be part of it, MJ was aware of that and did not object , he was doing it the right way . The whole world knows how they look like now, and if they come and accepted an award on their father's behalf then it will be great . I know MJ was not acting like he was the world best singer and performer in front of those kids but after his death they know their father is simply that and the world wants to celebrate him and they have a right to be there and see first hand how much GREAT AND BIG their father WAS AND IS .

They, more than ANYONE, already know how great and big their father was and is. All I know is that I still cry and am brokenhearted when I see clips, etc., of TTI. How much more would his children be affected??? Why should they have to go through that publicly? There is no actual good reason for it. If they want to be a part of show biz when they are more mature and ready for it, then fine. But not while they are still grieving. This would be like tearing a scab off of a deep wound. And what on earth for? Just so people can see them on the grammys and dissect them and everything they say or do?? As you said, Michael was doing it the right way. I just don't see this as the right way. But that's just me.

Oh man...singing? I'm sorry, I think that's too much. I don't think Michael would like it either.

Paris and Prince are old enough to make these decisions on their own imo. If they show up, I won't be upset in any way, as I think it's something that they will have thought about and wanted to participate in.

Let's see. Like I said I believe its a trick of Grammy's to get ratings nothing more. Time will tell

On the night of the Grammys, I would love to see the smiling faces of
Michael Jackson's children
Prince, Paris, and Blanket

I get you girl.

As a fan, I just can't help but dream. :D

But rest assured, those children will always be loved by us. The media can go F themselves. If they are going to make fun of children, then they have stoop to a new low (which I don't doubt they will). :(

I just realized that may have sounded like I was directing it towards you! :doh: Not at all. It just made me think of how some people would, no doubt, feel disappointed if they didn't turn out to be carbon-copy performance machines and the media would be smirking, having a field day with it. Buuut - I didn't mean that towards you. I know you would love them even if it turned out that every single one of them was tone-deaf and had two left feet. :cheeky:

I really dont think its time yet for them to be at a awards show, but its up to mrs jackson on that subject.

Re: grammys

no they will most likely not and that's good because michael never brought them to shows or to any celb events. when they're old enough they'll making the decision whether to show up or not on their own. i'm sure they'll see the tribute in 3D like everyone else.

I agree they most likely not be there. I also feel this is a stunt for the Grammy awards show. Remember how, " a very special guest (Michael Jackson) may appear"; year after year and it never happened.

Re: grammys

I agree they most likely not be there. I also feel this is a stunt for the Grammy awards show. Remember how, " a very special guest (Michael Jackson) may appear"; year after year and it never happened.

I think the reason why it never happened was cause michael wasnt ready at that time. But i reckon if he was still alive and this is it was finished, he properly would have made an apperance there this yr.

Exploitment.

Media Hype?

Bad idea and even worst, bad sign.

My personal feelings are, that the childern should be there, or at least be able to take part in the celebrations of their father's legacy. I don't feel comfortable regarding them performing in any way, and wouldn't read into too much of the "sources close to ..... say" thing. Journalists and such say this sort of thing all the time in order to rope fans and the media into speculation and excitement. I wouldn't want some idiot writing a review saying something negative about their performance, or saying that 'This performance just proves that Joe is in the back ground shaping them for a future of hard work and stardom..."..etc.

It would be nice to see them there, celebrating along with everyone else. After all, these folks are their father's collegues. Bless them all.

It will be broadcasted live on "kanal 9" SWEDEN, at 2am on Monday 1st Feb :D i Just need red cyan glasses now. Avatar glasses won't work right?

Looks like someone trying to generate buzz to me.

I don't think his children will be there..I think it's just all talk..

I doubt this rumor is true. The Jacksons are very old school and I don't see them bringing the kids when they have to get up for school the next day, plus the Grammy performances and language can be quite risque' for young kids.

Whatever they do it will be their family decision, but I don't give any credence to rumor mills.

Marlon is appearing on a show at 11 I think, he might be one to respond to this, who knows?

I hope Michael's children have been asked if they wish to be involved. It really is important that they are fully in the picture and given the choice as to what they wish to do.

This will be a special evening and it would be fabulous for them to be part of it ... and especially witnessing their father being honoured in this way & seeing his finished 3D video of Earthsong.
I agree

It is not what we want that is important .... it is what the children want.
I think the same

I would love them to be there.....the Grammy is a prestigious award show and if a tribute & an award will be bestowed on their father, who else but them deserves to be there to accept the honors! This may not happen again in the Grammys.

Go Prince, Paris & Blanket - let the world see how beautiful you have become and show the world your great love for your dad!!
Me too, agree,

it would be his children tribute too, im sorry, that made me sad for some reason... :( , sorry

its up to the kids they are old enough now that they can say yes or no. IMO it is a good idea that the kids go and accept for Michael because... seriously... We are all tired of Jermaine...

But its not up to us. its up to those 3 kids.
Its what im saying, im not against jermaine, but really he is NOTHING like Michael, but Michael's kids were his LIFE, what a better representation of him... :( they may want t honor him :cry: , they know now more than ever his father was a GENIUS and they are proud, if they want to, its ok, this are the Grammys honoring his father :cry: , not a tabloid party...

Maybe Janet will be the one to accept the award/s on his behalf.
She should be there, her and the children.

Ryan Seacrest on Twitter: "just talked to the exec prod of @thegrammys...hearing MJs kids may sing."
Nah, thats a lie...

:bugeyed :doh: No no noooo I really don’t think they will do something like that to them … Only if Paris would say something like I really really want to do this it’s my dream or something I would think it’s fine, but not if someone would tell them to no way.

hmmmmm :worried:

i think if the children come, it will be to see the performance..i highly doubt they will be on stage performing. I think the family knows how much negative press they will get for that

I doubt this rumor is true. The Jacksons are very old school and I don't see them bringing the kids when they have to get up for school the next day, plus the Grammy performances and language can be quite risque' for young kids.

Whatever they do it will be their family decision, but I don't give any credence to rumor mills.

I like your sense of humour:cheeky:

My personal feelings are, that the childern should be there, or at least be able to take part in the celebrations of their father's legacy. I don't feel comfortable regarding them performing in any way, and wouldn't read into too much of the "sources close to ..... say" thing. Journalists and such say this sort of thing all the time in order to rope fans and the media into speculation and excitement. I wouldn't want some idiot writing a review saying something negative about their performance, or saying that 'This performance just proves that Joe is in the back ground shaping them for a future of hard work and stardom..."..etc.

It would be nice to see them there, celebrating along with everyone else. After all, these folks are their father's collegues. Bless them all.

I agree.

A source tells E! News exclusively that Grammy Awards producers have been making a last-minute effort to incorporate in some capacity Michael Jackson's children—Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket—into Sunday night's tribute to their late father.
Yeah.....to boost the ratings even more. But that doesn't mean they will be able to persuade Mrs. Jackson to accept.

On the other hand, I don't think it would be a bad idea for them to be present, not SING, for the tribute. Being it is the Grammy's, the highest musical honor/awards show that will surely give a great tribute to Michael. Even though it will be in 3-D I think it would be something they would remember for their whole lives by seeing it in person. And they don't have to do any of the red carpet stuff or even stay for anything else. Just be there to see what would really matter to them, to add another lasting good memory of their dad.

I really hope they WON't be there. Yes, it would be great to see their precious faces again and for them to see the celebration of their dad, but I'm sure there will be tons of other celebrations and I think they should wait untill they are older..

Mike always tried his best to let them enjoy their childhood, he never wanted them in the spotlight, because they are just kids. If they are going to show up, the media will be all over them again either making fun of their father or not letting them alone for the rest of their lifes. They shouldn't be used as some tool to attract more viewers. Michael never walked the red carpet with his kids, he never brought them along to award shows (if he did, this stayed pretty much unnoticed) to let his kids see how much his music is celebrated, why should things change?

I really hope the family chooses wisely and let them stay at home. They can watch the show on television. I don't think they will be able to handle all of the pressure. I always pray for the kids, that the person raising them, should raise them the same way Michael raised them and I hope that person really sticks to Michaels morals and vallues.

While 11 year old Paris is trying on high heels and pulling of a ''rock on'' sign on every picture, Prince is still not smiling and Blanket still doesn't seem comfortable with all of the media around him.

Something tells me that Michael wouldn't be happy with his 12/11/7 year old kids to be there. They are still very vulnerable at this age and time and I can bare with the thought of the whole world knowing what they look like (because that was something Mike already started doing, before his death.), but I cannot deal with the fact that either these kids or their father will be butchered by the media again..

But hey, who am I to judge.

Back