Grammy discussion, Video links, Pictures..... [ Prince & Paris attend ] ALL threads merged.

Re: Michael Jackson's Kids May Appear at Grammys

I dont think a 7 year old is old enough to decide that, but thats just me.

I dont think a 7 year old is old enough to decide that, but thats just me.

You're right, and neither are the other 2 children, considering the circumstances. When those children go out in public, to a smaller degree, the same components have to be put in place, similar to when their father went out in public.

They go to the Grammys and you won't hear people talking about wanting to meet Beyonce or Taylor Swift, folks will be saying "I want to meet Prince, Paris, and Blanket." LOL!

Bottomline is the buck stops with Mrs. Jackson. Even if they wanted to go, it means nothing without the sign of approval from Mrs. Jackson.

It is very fair to assume that the only kids that are going to accept the award are going to be Jermaine's kids along with their father , Latoya and probably more of the siblings .

Don't convince me Jermaine and Latoya will ALLOW anyone to steal this opportunity from them .

Imo, if someone´s gonna recieve the award.. it should be Katherine.

Please..dont let Jermaine go up there.. hehe.

It is very fair to assume that the only kids that are going to accept the award are going to be Jermaine's kids along with their father , Latoya and probably more of the siblings .

Don't convince me Jermaine and Latoya will ALLOW anyone to steal this opportunity from them .

I hear you. LOL!

But maybe as a change of pace, the remaining members of the J5 can go on stage together, with JACKIE saying a few words in acceptance, instead of Jermaine this time around.

You're right, and neither are the other 2 children, considering the circumstances. When those children go out in public, to a smaller degree, the same components have to be put in place, similar to when their father went out in public.

They go to the Grammys and you won't hear people talking about wanting to meet Beyonce or Taylor Swift, folks will be saying "I want to meet Prince, Paris, and Blanket." LOL!

Bottomline is the buck stops with Mrs. Jackson. Even if they wanted to go, it means nothing without the sign of approval from Mrs. Jackson.
Exactly 11/12 is still young too. I agree with what you said about people wanting to meet them instead of those ''big stars'' LOL!

That is probably what's gonna happen anyway :lol:

I hear you. LOL!

But maybe as a change of pace, the remaining members of the J5 can go on stage together, with JACKIE saying a few words in acceptance, instead of Jermaine this time around.

I think there is no chance in hell Jermaine won't fight to be the one to accept the award , plus probably Alejandra's been wispering into Katherine's ears to 'respect MJ's wishes and not allow those kids to be exposed', ofcourse MJ's wishes re not the main concern but an apperance of MJ's kids will certainly overshadow her kids on that stage, not a great thing since she is working very hard to make them 'stars' , she is raising FOUR MEGA STARTS :smilerolleyes: .

So no , I like to see those kids accept this award , but I think chances are really very low ..

I think there is no chance in hell Jermaine won't fight to be the one to accept the award , plus probably Alejandra's been wispering into Katherine's ears to 'respect MJ's wishes and not allow those kids to be exposed', ofcourse MJ's wishes re not the main concern but an apperance of MJ's kids will certainly overshadow her kids on that stage, not a great thing since she is working very hard to make them 'stars' , she is raising FOUR MEGA STARTS :smilerolleyes: .

So no , I like to see those kids accept this award , but I think chances are really very low ..
You're a trip :lol:
But I kinda agree :ph34r:

You're a trip :lol:
But I kinda agree :ph34r:

Knowing the dynamics in the Jackson family ,Joh'Vonne Jackson has better chances in accepting this award than MJ's kids . :smilerolleyes:

Please people, this is just hype like always! remember every year the rumours that went out about Michael appearing at the Grammy's? ratings!!!!!

Michael brought up those children in a manner in which he deemed proper. He did'nt pimp them out to the media at every possible chance he got, he protected them and that he did fiercely. Paris did so much more than anybody could've expected at the Memorial, that these kids do not need to be on stage at the Grammy's for all the world to see. Its not what MJ would've wanted given their ages. When they are much older, things maybe different. And besides, I promise you any how they are allowed to be there, the family will catch so much heat from the press and others on a whole it won't be funny!

I just don't want Jermaine to be there collecting anything for Michael, not even to be seen! and please don't let Joe accept either as he will be singing his own praises for being the sole reason why Michael became who he did.

Maybe Janet will be the one to accept the award/s on his behalf.

I think Michael would still consider his children "children" and "too young" to determine for themselves what will be good for them and what won't. I'm sure he would let them make a lot of their own decisions; he encouraged strength and independent thinking, but his number one concern in the world is that children are growing up too fast. He probably wasn't talking about 8 year olds, who are, for the most part, still 8 year olds.

It's the 12, 13, 14, 15 year old kids who are suddenly pretending to be adults, being treated like adults, and expected to behave like adults when they are not emotionally or physically ready. We've lost that age group - kids seem to go from 11 to 16 almost over night. Plus, sixteen year olds are now pretty much considered adults. It's sad and just unfair to them, as they'll realize later on (...or maybe they won't.) And this is where many of the world's problems start, as MJ fully knew and stated.

There will be plenty of future awards for them to accept on his behalf and plenty of occasions for them to represent him and his legacy and plenty of things for them to help out with while carrying on his message. When Blanket is Paris' age and old enough to join in, I think then it would be okay to start discussing it, but I feel pretty confident in saying that at this time, I don't think Michael would approve of this.

Last edited:

I HOPE this isn't true.

Its things like this that hit hard and if they are true, serve well to remind me that Michael truly isn't here anymore because this topic would not even be a subject matter had he been here.

Ryan Seacrest on Twitter: "just talked to the exec prod of @thegrammys...hearing MJs kids may sing."

Ryan Seacrest on Twitter: "just talked to the exec prod of @thegrammys...hearing MJs kids may sing."

I hope they are the same exec who said the kids might be in the J's reality show....

I don't know about ya'll but I smell a rat, a huge publicity stunt in order to get ratings.

I hope they leave them alone … but it’s up to those 3 kids together with their grandmother to decide if they want to show up or not.
What about us in other countries??? We are not able to see Michael in 3D this is not fair everything seems to be for US now :(

Honestly, I really don't know how I would feel about this if true......it just feels as though it would be wrong somehow.:scratch:

If MJ's kids sing at the Grammy's then eveybody else at that show better realise that it won't matter who the hell won, it will be all about the MJ3 for sure the next day in the press!

Still think this is all HYPE though.

^

I doubt it.

But if it did happen. Then I hope PPB blow everyone's out of their seats and pawn all the supposed 'superstars' out right now. I'll be cheering them on!

:bugeyed :doh: No no noooo I really don’t think they will do something like that to them … Only if Paris would say something like I really really want to do this it’s my dream or something I would think it’s fine, but not if someone would tell them to no way.

they dont even have to sing there, if they appear there everything will be about them. Gaga, Beyonce, West, Swift etc got no chance.

MJ was ready to introduce them to the world , Prince was working with his father on something and it was going to be introduced at TIT concerts . Prince was attending a directing school , the kids obviously like the show biz and want to be part of it, MJ was aware of that and did not object , he was doing it the right way . The whole world knows how they look like now, and if they come and accepted an award on their father's behalf then it will be great . I know MJ was not acting like he was the world best singer and performer in front of those kids but after his death they know their father is simply that and the world wants to celebrate him and they have a right to be there and see first hand how much GREAT AND BIG their father WAS AND IS .

^

I doubt it.

But if it did happen. Then I hope PPB blow everyone's out of their seats and pawn all the supposed 'superstars' out right now. I'll be cheering them on!

:doh: No offense meant, but this is exactly why something like this should never be allowed to happen right now. What if they get up there and it turns out...they're not singers, yano? Can you just imagine the media salivating at such a discovery? When, in reality, that would be perfectly okay. No one should expect them to be. That's so unfair to them. It's ridiculous to expect such greatness of anyone. Michael had a freak talent, LoL. And as much as we all want them to be...they're not Michael. A piece of them is and they will forever be extensions of him, but they are their own people and should be treated as such.

hmm, i saw this somewhere else.. I think they're just saying that to get readers or to get people more interested in watching the grammys.

exactly!

Michael would not want them to go. Bottom line. If they go, they are disrespecting his wishes. I don't this is true though, just a rumor so people watch

Last edited:

:doh: No offense meant, but this is exactly why something like this should never be allowed to happen right now. What if they get up there and it turns out...they're not singers, yano? Can you just imagine the media salivating at such a discovery? When, in reality, that would be perfectly okay. No one should expect them to be. That's so unfair to them. It's ridiculous to expect such greatness of anyone. Michael had a freak talent, LoL. And as much as we all want them to be...they're not Michael. A piece of them is and they will forever be extensions of him, but they are their own people and should be treated as such.

I get you girl.

As a fan, I just can't help but dream. :D

But rest assured, those children will always be loved by us. The media can go F themselves. If they are going to make fun of children, then they have stoop to a new low (which I don't doubt they will). :(

For a few minutes there I thought something was confirmed on this as I could'nt get onto the forum, kept getting 'this server is busy message'

God bless these children....they need there father...

Back