Grammy discussion, Video links, Pictures..... [ Prince & Paris attend ] ALL threads merged.

Re: Michael Jackson's Kids May Appear at Grammys

Michael would have never let that happen and so will Mrs Jackson. She knows whats best for the children.

The Grammy peeps are spreading these stories about the kids appearing just to garner lots, and lots of interest.

IF the children do appear, it will be down to their own accord. Michael may not have liked the idea but he is no longer here and the other adults in their lives are making decisions for them. If the children are happy & comfortable to attend the awards and go up on stage, who are we to say no?

The Grammys are really using Michael Jackson's name this year for ratings. People will tune in to see the tribute performance and whether the children will attend.

Hmm after all this buzz I kind of hope they don't show up. It would've been better if they just showed up there and no one knew they'd be in the audience.

But again, whatever they feel comfortable with.

MJ would def. not like them there BUT its a tribute for crying out loud. Hopefully a very good, tasteful tribute to their dad! So I don't know if they should go because daddy wouldn't like it - or if they should because for crying out loud, its a tribute! ...

I'm in the middle.

p.s. in the end, we can't be self-ish.

The Grammy peeps are spreading these stories about the kids appearing just to garner lots, and lots of interest.

IF the children do appear, it will be down to their own accord. Michael may not have liked the idea but he is no longer here and the other adults in their lives are making decisions for them. If the children are happy & comfortable to attend the awards and go up on stage, who are we to say no?

The Grammys are really using Michael Jackson's name this year for ratings. People will tune in to see the tribute performance and whether the children will attend.

Yes I agree with all of this. Maybe the kids want to go. If anyone deserves to see the tribute to him it is his children. I personally think that the grammy people are just trying to get a buzz going so people will tune in, but if the kids do happen to show up I doubt it will be because they are being forced too.

Ryan Seacrest on Twitter: "just talked to the exec prod of @thegrammys...hearing MJs kids may sing."

Oh noo.

They are what, 12, 11 and 7 years old.

The majority of the public has only seen their faces for 7 months and haven't even heard 2 of them speak let alone anything else. Paris has spoken once in public. once. They were 'unveiled' at the memorial and now their dad is gone they will be thrust on stage to sing for everyone? For everyone to critique and compare to their dad?

Blanket was not comfortable being on stage at the memorial, he was hiding behind people and covering his face with the program and crying when they were trying to take it away to stop him... so I can't exactly see him up on stage in front of everyone holding a mic, singing and dancing.

They don't need to go on stage and sing at the Grammys to 'pay tribute' to their own dad. He was their father, not an icon to pay tribute to.

Look what is happening now, a 12, 11 and 7 yr old to sing for the world and the media that was and is SO mean to him and labelled him ***** *****, accused him of horrible things, called them a 'frankenstein-like' experiment. It just feels like they are being used and I guarentee Michael would not like it.

Even though I still think they are too young to make the best descision, (would you trust your 12, 11, or 7 year old to make the best decisions for themselves?) whatever happens I hope they are happy and not being pushed onstage.

It might be nice for them to attend, but go on stage and sing I don't think so. Anyway, if the family wouldn't even allow them to be filmed in a controlled and familiar environment at home for their own reality show then I very much doubt they will be singing live onstage at the Grammys.

When there was talk about them appearing on the Jackson's reality show with their own family people here were complaining they were being exploited, but now I see some of the same people supporting this Grammy thing.

We should care more about their well being than our curiosity. I'd rather have to see Jermaine and his plastic hair than the kids being exploited.

When did you see Michael walk the red carpet or attend award shows with his children? MJ spent his life protecting them, he said he wanted them to grow up out of the spotlight, and now at 12, 11 and 7 years old they may be up under that spotlight SINGING on stage for everyone to judge? So it begins.. :puke:

please god no. only if THEY WANT.....

Those tweets about MJ3 onstage, singing, etc., are simply insane. Why can they stop using the kids as bait to the Grammy show. We were going to see this because of Michael, so there is NO need to use MJ3 this way.

What is that? I mean, seriously, this is pathetic. They way they use the kids is nasty. If they really wanted to surprise people, they wouldn't be twiting any of this stuff, nor spreading any rumors.

Same with TII premier... would the kids join or not? Same with Vienna tribute, "the kids and my mother will be here in Vienna", same with the reality "Michael kids might be there"

:no:

Exactly, they're just kids. I really feel for them. Wish Michael was here. :(

this rumour only is created cause of ratings. When they said Michael would appear I stayed up all night til mornin and it was the most boring show I have ever seen (...)

Last edited:

If they sat in the audience with Katherine and the rest of the family then that's one thing but to perform? Even if they want to I think there is plenty of time for that.

This is why I feel for them. They use their father and their name to get interest peaked. See they are using them. I fear the media when it comes to them but I am no family member so I' ll keep them in my prayers.

Its just rumours. These are kids in the end of the day and their father spent their whole lives protecting them from the media. He had them wearing masks for crying out loud to protect them. When they want to come on stage and talk about their father then I'll support them 100%. But they should not be forced by anyone to do anything, they've had a tough time and don't need that extra pressure. Paris and Prince are older but Blanket is 7. At the memorial he looked like he wanted to be anywhere else other than that stage and I hate to think that a 7 year old is being forced to go on stage. Michael would be fuming.

I think they may be present may be with Janet on their side, ONLY FOR THE TRIBUTE, and they will NOT PERFORM, thats my personal feeling, and i feel is OK, IF THEY WANT TO, because its their beloved dad, their dad is beeing honored :( sorry, writing this makes me sad.

Michael i miss you.

They weren't allowed to appear in the Jackson Dynasty reality show, but they can sing on the Grammy stage. LOL!

The folks over at the Grammy's are straight up tripping. I know they are desparate for ratings, but they should have at least tried and come up with something a little bit more believable. Know what I mean.

They weren't allowed to appear in the Jackson Dynasty reality show, but they can sing on the Grammy stage. LOL!

The folks over at the Grammy's are straight up tripping. I know they are desparate for ratings, but they should have at least tried and come up with something a little bit more believable. Know what I mean.

lol I bet they're begging the family to not deny the reports...

Its totally different!, it would have been just a shame if the kids were allowed in that reality show... my God, that would have been a tragedy... this cant be even compared....

This is completely different... is not comparable, sorry, but is just not :flowers:

agree but Grammy's & reality show are different things.

Excactly! When michael was here they always put out some rumor that he may appear or perform or whatever.. they did it every year from T25, at least what I remember.

They won't appear, this is just a poor attempt in getting ratings, as soon as tmz picks it up they have secured their ratings.
yeap spot on.this is a ratings p.r stunt and nothing more. did the same with mj now they are doing it with the next best thing .same as using their names for the jackson reality show. whys this thread so long. are some fans that gulible!?

Last edited:

Its totally different!, it would have been just a shame if the kids were allowed in that reality show... my God, that would have been a tragedy... this cant be even compared....

This is completely different... is not comparable, sorry, but is just not :flowers:

My bad! I wasn't trying to compare anything. As far as I'm concerned, ANY television appearance would be bad for the children at this point in time.

I'm almost positive the Michael would disapprove, whether it was a Grammy appearance or a reailty program appearance. The bottomeline is, I don't think he would approve of his children being on television period, doesn't really matter what the venure was.

Last edited:

In any case, it's up to Katherine and the kids. I hope Katherine does what's right for them. We don't really know how they are emotionally and if they can handle this. She is the one who knows. So I hope she will make a correct decision.

Personally, I am not against the idea of them being there and seeing the music world honoring Michael (I disagree that Grammys are bad, that's like musical Oscar, what can be bigger for a musician than to receive a Grammy? Michael was very proud of his Grammy record). But I think they won't be there. And if there's an award, I think Jermaine will receive it. So brace yourselves people :)

We will know soon enough.

This is what Jodi Gomes, the Jacksons producer tweeted an hour ago:

@jodigomes

Rec'd 100's of Tweets bout Prince/Paris Grammys. Pls let THEM do what's in their hearts for their dad.No one knows MJ's intent better. Luv

@jodigomes

Rec'd 100's of Tweets bout Prince/Paris Grammys. Pls let THEM do what's in their hearts for their dad.No one knows MJ's intent better. Luv

Producer?

Music producer or the reality show producer? And how can he forget Blanket? -.-

Reality show. I think the fact she doesn't mention Blanket means he's probably not going to be there either way. Sometimes he stays behind because he's so young.

@jodigomes

I will have to agree, if this is what they want people should not bother them.

I have mixed feelings because I know what the filthy press is capable of, but it's not my call or anyone else's.

If the family did allow this , I doubt its for attention
I wish people didnt think so lowely of them all the time.

NO,NO they should not be allowed to go, even if they wanted to. It would be like a kid jumping off into the deep end of a pool without learning to swim.

People want them going from being very protected from TV/Media to the GRAMMYS? Are you kidding me? Just because they want it doesn't mean it is right for them.

They have their whole lives to go to tributes to their father..

They should go to SMALL ceremonies, smaller events in their fathers honor, not the Grammys yet.

NO,NO they should not be allowed to go, even if they wanted to. It would be like a kid jumping off into the deep end of a pool without learning to swim.

People want them going from being very protected from TV/Media to the GRAMMYS? Are you kidding me? Just because they want it doesn't mean it is right for them.

They have their whole lives to go to tributes to their father..

They should go to SMALL ceremonies, smaller events in their fathers honor, not the Grammys yet.

But It's not your place to say those things

Back