Have you ever had problems with your family just for being a MJ fan?

Ive never had problems with family for being a fan. My mum loves him too that's how I got into him because I've grown up with him. It sucks for all you people that have problems with family though I bet you get enough people making snide remarks about him, you don't need your own family doing it too. I don't get it when people that supposedly love you do things like that, it obviously offends you.

Ive never had problems with family for being a fan. My mum loves him too that's how I got into him because I've grown up with him. It sucks for all you people that have problems with family though I bet you get enough people making snide remarks about him, you don't need your own family doing it too. I don't get it when people that supposedly love you do things like that, it obviously offends you.

I agree 100% with RochWithYou n' you're so luchy for having a family who respects your individuality as human being :yes:

Well this is the story, 2 weeks ago my mother was telling to my 8 year old brother that Michael looks like woman, since he was a child he wanted to be a woman 'n I thought: what th f*ck is she sayin???????? :mad:. My bro answered: yes mom, that's true.
I really believe wearing make up doesn't makes Michael gay, or what do you think about this?
Not anly that, my mother had told me that I'm gay for being in :love: with a woman, horrible don't you? She had told he's my god (I idolize him yeah that's true but I don't consider him a god 'cause he's a human being)

wow..ur MOM said that 2 u?.....

but anyways my fam jokes here and there, but i know they do it 2 see me twitch lol. Not a biggie they respect the fact i love mike and they dare not cross me..they know whazup lol.

but a few months ago there was this incident @ church...yes i went off @ church..lets just say it ended wit me gettin on top of a table and lookin down yeliin @ the haters lol...thats all i will say *dashes out of thread*

Not with my family NO WAY!!!!!
but some of my former friends had real big problems with him hence "former"

but anyways my fam jokes here and there, but i know they do it 2 see me twitch lol. Not a biggie they respect the fact i love mike and they dare not cross me..they know whazup lol.

but a few months ago there was this incident @ church...yes i went off @ church..lets just say it ended wit me gettin on top of a table and lookin down yeliin @ the haters lol...thats all i will say *dashes out of thread*

Muahahahaha. :toofunny:

I think I love you. :D

For the most part, no. The only people who used to give me a hard time for liking Michael was my mom (she does admit he's very talented tho) and my best friend. Both of them used to always bad mouth MJ and giving me a hard time for liking him but one day I just told them that if they didn't like Michael that was fine, they're entitled to their opinions, but don't give me a hard time because I like him. Afterall, I've never given either of them a hard time about the music they listen to or the artists they like because honestly eventhough I don't like some of the music they listen to I would never constantly give them a hard time for it. I couldn't care less really lol, they can listen to whomever they like, so I felt like they should have shown me the same respect i've shown them. They don't really give me a hard time about it anymore though and I appreciate that.

The best thing to do though is to ignore it when people give you a hard time for liking Michael or if that doesn't work, just tell them they need to respect your right to listen to whomever you'd like. Just remember not to overreact because that's what a lot of people who dislike Michael want you to do. They want to get a reaction out of you because they know you like him, so just try not to get overly defensive about him and shrug off their insults about Michael and eventually they'll stop.

Last edited:
The thing is you can't let being a fan consume you and dictate your life

I've been a fan all my life but I didn't worship the guy. My mom, godsisters, cousins, and brothers were fans or admirers. My godsister has been a fan since the beginning of the Jackson 5 days and her 10 year old and 7 year olds love Mike.

I've learned to avoid it because frankly, so people are fickle and ignorant, and I have that attitude not because I'm a MJ fan, it's because we live in a time where people would rather have the media and government tell what to do and believe instead of thinking for themselves. We're in a society that is very shallow when it comes to appearance. Men have to look this way and woman have to look that way....and so on so forth.

when I was a kid, I just didn't talk about being a fan because I knew people weren't going to understand. I'm also a fan of Prince and George Michael and when people learn about my fandom, I'm used to hearing:
"Prince? that guy who did Purple Rain? you like him?" that opinion has changed in recent years.
"George? that gay guy? ugh" My reply "Well, you're not the one buying the albums so why does it matter to you?"

When Michael was found not guilty, a classmate looked at me and said "Ugh...I hate that crazy MFer"
I looked at him and said "You know, if you wasn't such a dumbass, I'd actually consider wasting my time and debating this with you, but instead, I'm gonna concentrate on my stuff while you continue to stay ignorant....AND FAIL THIS CLASS" lol

That's actually how most of my current friends found out I was a huge MJ fan lol

I'm just allergic to stupidity lol

:yes: she told me that, but now I try to not argue with her, when she starts to say those horrible stuff I tell to her: Mom, how can u say those horrible stuff it u don't know him? n' she doesn't say anything else.
Last Friday I was watchin Black Or White, my lil' bro :heart: this video, he asked me: Gaby, is Michael a woman? I answered him: No he isn't Josh, to wear make up doesn't makes him a woman, he doesn't have brests n' vgina. When Black Or White had ended he told me: He's an strange man Gaby; but he's so talented, he replied me: He's so talented but strange

hahaha that's good... you show them haters not to mess with you when it comes to MJ!!!:)

:yes: she told me that, but now I try to not argue with her, when she starts to say those horrible stuff I tell to her: Mom, how can u say those horrible stuff it u don't know him? n' she doesn't say anything else.
Last Friday I was watchin Black Or White, my lil' bro :heart: this video, he asked me: Gaby, is Michael a woman? I answered him: No he isn't Josh, to wear make up doesn't makes him a woman, he doesn't have brests n' vgina. When Black Or White had ended he told me: He's an strange man Gaby; but he's so talented, he replied me: He's so talented but strange

awwww sorry to hear that!! that's too bad!!

Well. My family often teases me about Mike. Especially, my momsz and she was a major fan during the Thriller era. One day, while watching Disturbia, my mom came in my room and just blurted, "What the heck is with you and these white boys? First Michael, now Shia" [she pronouced it She-a,though]. That automatically set me off. I was like, "Michael's not white, mama. And,two, his name is Shy-a and he has more soul than you do." Then she starred at me and said, "Well. We all know Michael wanted to be white". I just dropped that conversation and continued to watch the movie. My mom often throws that in my face. My other family often does that. I hate it.

Aww, I have a story for you guys.

So this morning, I met up with my parents for breakfast. As we were waiting for our food, "The Way You Make Me Feel" was playing in the restaurant. I really didn't think much of it, but my mother (who's a bigger fan than I am) said "Oh, Michael" in a real awkward way. I kind of ignored it and my father glared at her. Just to add fuel to the fire, my mom says to my dad "If I wasn't married to you, I'd be with Michael Jackson." Of course she was joking, but my dad flipped out. Now you ask what my fathers comeback was? "You act like Michael Jackson is all that, he's nothing. Nobody even knows who he is." Keep in mind I was just observing, not saying a word. Then my mother goes "Oh yeah, he's nothing? Really? Oh yeah?" And my father goes "Oh yeah, N.O.T.H.I.N.G." - He actually spelled it out. It was dead silence after that, I tried to bring up politics or something like that... didn't work. :mellow:

^^ man that must have been very akward to you..hahah MJ is somebody and he is well known, we all know that.. were you parents loud in the resturant??

^^ man that must have been very akward to you..hahah MJ is somebody and he is well known, we all know that.. were you parents loud in the resturant??

Yeah, awkward is the appropriate word to use. :lol:
They were loud enough for the people around us to hear, lol.

So this morning, I met up with my parents for breakfast. As we were waiting for our food, "The Way You Make Me Feel" was playing in the restaurant. I really didn't think much of it, but my mother (who's a bigger fan than I am) said "Oh, Michael" in a real awkward way. I kind of ignored it and my father glared at her. Just to add fuel to the fire, my mom says to my dad "If I wasn't married to you, I'd be with Michael Jackson." Of course she was joking, but my dad flipped out. Now you ask what my fathers comeback was? "You act like Michael Jackson is all that, he's nothing. Nobody even knows who he is." Keep in mind I was just observing, not saying a word. Then my mother goes "Oh yeah, he's nothing? Really? Oh yeah?" And my father goes "Oh yeah, N.O.T.H.I.N.G." - He actually spelled it out. It was dead silence after that, I tried to bring up politics or something like that... didn't work. :mellow:

Jeez, at least it wasn't anything truly negative your dad said.
& Gosh, I hate those awkward silences after someone got in an argument- especially about Mike

Last edited:
Yeah, awkward is the appropriate word to use. :lol:
They were loud enough for the people around us to hear, lol.

wow how crazy..well at least your mom likes MJ, so at least when you talk about MJ she understands :)..aww PYT I'm sorry your mom said that MJ wants to be white.. It sucks when people say he wants to be white when he doesn't, he just has a skin disease. So your mom used to be an MJ fan but not no more..aww

^ haha. it's okay, MJbabe. She's always saying something negative but when I bring up the fact that she was a fan, she becomes amazingly quiet :)

Last edited:
^^ you know i have said before that i get stuff like this from my mum too, and she also used to be a fan around the Dangerous/HIStory era, she even bought the HIStory album when it came out. then when i became a fan at the age of 9 in 2000, she gave it to me, so it was my 1st album.
then she just started believing the rubbish printed in papers ect, so know she hates him and gives me crap for it

Jeez, at least it wasn't anything truly negative your dad said.
& Gosh, I hate those awkward silences after someone got in an argument- especially about Mike

Well, he said a couple other things, but I don't really care to repeat it, lol.

wow how crazy..well at least your mom likes MJ, so at least when you talk about MJ she understands :)

Aww, not so much actually. She's the type of fan who would watch a concert for hours, but not watch 15 minutes of an interview. She knows just about all his songs, but never wanted to see LWMJ like all of us did. So when you talk to her about MJ's personal life or anything like that, her reply always is "It doesn't matter" or "I don't care." Weird, I know. :lol:

:mellow: Sorry u had to go through the awkward moment...BUT lemme say I LOVE UR MUM!!!! :D

Well. My family often teases me about Mike. Especially, my momsz and she was a major fan during the Thriller era. One day, while watching Disturbia, my mom came in my room and just blurted, "What the heck is with you and these white boys? First Michael, now Shia" [she pronouced it She-a,though]. That automatically set me off. I was like, "Michael's not white, mama. And,two, his name is Shy-a and he has more soul than you do." Then she starred at me and said, "Well. We all know Michael wanted to be white". I just dropped that conversation and continued to watch the movie. My mom often throws that in my face. My other family often does that. I hate it.

omg..i think i wudda went 2 jail....lol

The thing is you can't let being a fan consume you and dictate your life

When Michael was found not guilty, a classmate looked at me and said "Ugh...I hate that crazy MFer"
I looked at him and said "You know, if you wasn't such a dumbass, I'd actually consider wasting my time and debating this with you, but instead, I'm gonna concentrate on my stuff while you continue to stay ignorant....AND FAIL THIS CLASS" lol

That's actually how most of my current friends found out I was a huge MJ fan lol

I'm just allergic to stupidity lol

lol u sound like me hahahaha. but 99.9 percent of the time i just go off i dont care who u are or where we are @ (hence my church incident lol) i hte it. especially when pple have NO CLUE whatsoever what they r talkin about and try n shut u down with crap that was never said or didnt happen. There r times when i try and not say a thing, but my fists ball and my face gets all weird lookin and eventually i just blow up. 4me its best 2 let it out lol..and i wish sumbody wud be a fool and try it again.

Thank gods, my mom loves MJ too, so I can enjoy a whole day with my MJ stuffs...:D

Back