Have you ever had problems with your family just for being a MJ fan?

well.... i get little jokes made sometimes but it doesnt really bother me.

all my friends, family and teahcers all know i like michael jackson and they all have a laugh with me about it, but at one time it used to offend me but now i dont really mind. Its all a bit of fun i guess =]

My parents think that Michael is strange, as does my brother. It has caused problems, such as them saying i'm immature for being so 'obsessive' over him, but that's their opinion - i never tell them who they should like! x

today I had a fight with a guy in my class, I slapped his face:sleep:he deserved it. Actually two guys :lol:. Cause the one said he looked much better when he was black and that there was no need to bleach his skin, and the other said he is gay. :angry:

sure:p but I don't think they will dare to say anything about him in front of me anymore, they know they will be slapped in the face:lol:

today I had a fight with a guy in my class, I slapped his face:sleep:he deserved it. Actually two guys :lol:. Cause the one said he looked much better when he was black and that there was no need to bleach his skin, and the other said he is gay. :angry:

Well, that's an abnormal thing to do.

*watches as other fans condone it*

Oh, cool.

when I was in primary school I pushed one of my partners cause he said how could I like MJ is he's a sissy :mad: I pushed him n' I hurted his head, so well done MJ*PP!!! :kickass:

their own friends said that they deserveded, but later that day they came both to me and apoligized :happy: now I feel kinda guilty, but hey, its Michael they're talking about!

It really hurts to hear you guys's (how do you spell that??lol)stories. One the most annoying things in the world to me are ignorant people. People are so mean and cruel and hurtful that they could just go off and say HORRIBLE things about a man who is soo genuine and innocent, a man who has given so much to those in need, a man who has been an inspiration to so many, a man who is a musical genius.

It angers me just thinking about those people that will argue to the death against MJ, when the only info they get is from the National Enquirer!!! HELLO- I have a Nat. Enquirer from the 80's that says that MJ was in love with Boy George!!! Why do ppl put so much faith in ppl who write trashy articles? There are good reporters, but many are liars, lol.

It just takes alot of hate to say the things people say about MJ, and MJ would never say or do the evil things that they do to him (at least not in public-lol). I feel like it's just a testament to the great person that MJ is to know that these ppl who trash him are the hateful and spiteful people, and we are the ones who take from MJ's love of the world and kind of follow the example he set for people, and we just want everyone to come together! It's SOO backwards!

I would be very hurt if my family would do some of the things forementioned.
Luckilly my fam luvs MJ too! lol. If I'm watching a DVD, my mom and sister will come and watch too! And sometimes when my mom and I are watching tv, my mom will say "Don't you have a Michael Jackson concert we could watch, or something" LOL. My sister will sit with me and watch MJ vids on youtube, and she'll always say "Oh no! I just want to see more Michael Jackson! What are you doing to me?!?!" If I order or buy a dvd, I have to buy two, one for my dad and one for me! And they all have MJ on their ipods! The thing is that my parents grew up listening to MJ, and when i was little we would go to my uncles house and the Bad album would be playing!! My dad even went to the Victory tour when he was younger~! If I'm trying to buy some odd MJ item for my collection my father would definitely help me! Now, they are nowhere NEAR as much of a fanatic as I am, but they respect Michaels humungous contribution to music, and they respect him as a BRILLIANT artist and a good person.

sorry so long!!!! LOL
But if anyone wants to talk or they are feeling down, I'm always here "you've got a friiieeend" lol

(i'm sorry for my english..please correct me)

i began to love Michael since the first time i saw him on tv. i was 11 years old, in 1992. i was collecting everything i could fine. i was just a kid and i couldn't find money easily...!! until 1995 i had all the LPs, and every stuff i found (umbrellas, gloves, hats, posters etc). When the first scandal came up, my parent was acting like phsychos!! they were beating me every time they were listening to me say his name, or listen to his music. They destroyed all my photos,my tapes, my video tapes.... (that period i had no cds!!)fortunately i succeed to save my lps. After this i tried to collect them again!! in 1998 i had an argument with my father, and i told him, that i love M more than anyone else, and that i hated my father because he destroyed all my archive, and because he hate what i love the most. we had a fight and he broke my leg!! after i went out from the hospital i promise to my self not to let anyone to realise that i am a MJ fan. i promised that i'll keep loving him but secretly. Today i am 27 years old, and this very moment...i'm still hidding!! i turned off the lights and i am trying to type in the dark so none can see what im doing. a normal person would ask me..."you are 27 years ol and you are controled by your parents? don't you leave alone?" i would answer that i work for 400 dollars per month, and here in Greece the thIngs are very difficult. i can not survive alone with 400 $ per month. we pay 500$ just for rent!!! so... i would like to say to Michael:
ACCEPT MY APPOLOGIES!!!
I NEVER BETRAYED YOU
I STILL LOVE YOU
AND I ALWAYS WILL!!
YOU ARE THE PEACE OF MY SOUL!!

i must admit that this post brought tears to my eyes. let me tell u theres no worse thing is this world than taking away someones right for freedom. freedom to do/say/like/dislike whatever they want. freedom to be who they are. freedom to have their own beliefs and values. all the ppl of the world must have this right. its a Godgiven right. we are who we are and we must let NO ONE to stand in our way and try to make us different of who we truly are. BE URSELF AND NEVER CHANGE. NOT FOR ANYONE.
i wish u the very best. i wish u to find a better paying job very soon so that u can move out and live by urself.
never give up on michael. never stop loving him. im sure he'd be very proud of u and very thankful for ur love and support thru all the hell u've been thru. God bless u. xxxx

i must admit that this post brought tears to my eyes. let me tell u theres no worse thing is this world than taking away someones right for freedom. freedom to do/say/like/dislike whatever they want. freedom to be who they are. freedom to have their own beliefs and values. all the ppl of the world must have this right. its a Godgiven right. we are who we are and we must let NO ONE to stand in our way and try to make us different of who we truly are. BE URSELF AND NEVER CHANGE. NOT FOR ANYONE.
i wish u the very best. i wish u to find a better paying job very soon so that u can move out and live by urself.
never give up on michael. never stop loving him. im sure he'd be very proud of u and very thankful for ur love and support thru all the hell u've been thru. God bless u. xxxx

thank you for youe beautyful words.
that's what i try to do.. to change my life again, to make it real again and that will be forever!!
thank you very much!!:cheers:

(i'm sorry for my english..please correct me)

i began to love Michael since the first time i saw him on tv. i was 11 years old, in 1992. i was collecting everything i could fine. i was just a kid and i couldn't find money easily...!! until 1995 i had all the LPs, and every stuff i found (umbrellas, gloves, hats, posters etc). When the first scandal came up, my parent was acting like phsychos!! they were beating me every time they were listening to me say his name, or listen to his music. They destroyed all my photos,my tapes, my video tapes.... (that period i had no cds!!)fortunately i succeed to save my lps. After this i tried to collect them again!! in 1998 i had an argument with my father, and i told him, that i love M more than anyone else, and that i hated my father because he destroyed all my archive, and because he hate what i love the most. we had a fight and he broke my leg!! after i went out from the hospital i promise to my self not to let anyone to realise that i am a MJ fan. i promised that i'll keep loving him but secretly. Today i am 27 years old, and this very moment...i'm still hidding!! i turned off the lights and i am trying to type in the dark so none can see what im doing. a normal person would ask me..."you are 27 years ol and you are controled by your parents? don't you leave alone?" i would answer that i work for 400 dollars per month, and here in Greece the thIngs are very difficult. i can not survive alone with 400 $ per month. we pay 500$ just for rent!!! so... i would like to say to Michael:
ACCEPT MY APPOLOGIES!!!
I NEVER BETRAYED YOU
I STILL LOVE YOU
AND I ALWAYS WILL!!
YOU ARE THE PEACE OF MY SOUL!!

:eek:h: you poor thing :no: :hug: :cry: I'm so sorry you had to put up with that... It should never have happened, and you deserve better. It's difficult enough to be accepted as an MJ fan as it is, but to have a father who would beat you and destroy your stuff just because you're a fan is just cruel :(

During the 93 allegations, I was 13 and my dad told me to take down my MJ posters (also because my dad is a Jehovah's Witness and this is idol worship). Of course I didnt. The next day he asked again, and I didnt. The third day my dad came and was shouting at me and ripped my posters off the wall just leaving the sides that had the sticky tape on it. I got back at him buy smashing all his pictures on the wall. This was during the time my parents were getting divorced. I never got in trouble for it as mum and dad had a fight and the police were called and the attention was off me. That was a HUGELY stupid thing I did. You should listen to your parents even if you dont agree with them at the time. My dad has always liked MJ and was the person who got me into MJs music and dad would always buy all my singles or albums for me when I was at school. So it wasnt that he didnt like MJ but the allegations and ideology that was the prob.

Last edited:
when i was eleven years old my dad visited history tour with me , and he was no mj fan .
so i realy cant say i have had problems with my family because of that.

ok my brother or friends sometimes make fun of me , but i think thats normal for mj fans :)

Last edited:
when i was eleven years old my dad visited history tour with me , and he was no mj fan .
so i realy cant say i have had problems with my family because of that.

ok my brother or friends sometimes make fun of me , but i think thats normal for mj fans :)
When I was a little girl I had no problems with my family, actually I remember When I was watching the first intervews of my life my mom read for me the subtitles, my father used to give me cassettes as presents. :happy:
The problems started when I was 14 years old n' I admited my :wub: for Michael. I really believe the media had influenced the people for having a bad image n' a fake perception :(

Well, it's not a serious problem, but I still consider it an issue.

My old, crazy grandma thinks Michael is homeless. And she's actually concerned for his well-being. It's okay though, b/c she's old and not aware, lol.
What can ya do, you know... She was all "He's probably in some hotel right now." And I was like "Oh yeah, I know. Poor guy."

Well, it's not a serious problem, but I still consider it an issue.

My old, crazy grandma thinks Michael is homeless. And she's actually concerned for his well-being. It's okay though, b/c she's old and not aware, lol.
What can ya do, you know... She was all "He's probably in some hotel right now." And I was like "Oh yeah, I know. Poor guy."

I'm sorry, but that really made me laugh. At least she's concerned for his well-being. :lol:
I guess that's one time I wouldn't bother arguing. :)

well maybe not my immediate family..but my hood..that's another story..

the jealousy and envy is so palpable..

i would ride the busses to the shelter when i was on the street for three years..and i would talk about Michael..and the dudes on the bus weren't having any of it. they would always gripe about how MJ supposedly did nothing for THEM.

if they would get they asses up by their own bootstraps and do the right thing..thing's would be alright for them too. MJ has always given back and they know it. i've come close to getting into many fights when mentioning his name..and i actually got in one, in front of a church over him.

as well as almost getting in another one while in a shelter and mentioning his name.

but i gotta tell you...they all play his music on their boxes. lol:D

i have a roof over my head now. and many of them are still on the street.

their attitudes don't help them any.

well maybe not my immediate family..but my hood..that's another story..

the jealousy and envy is so palpable..

i would ride the busses to the shelter when i was on the street for three years..and i would talk about Michael..and the dudes on the bus weren't having any of it. they would always gripe about how MJ supposedly did nothing for THEM.

if they would get they asses up by their own bootstraps and do the right thing..thing's would be alright for them too. MJ has always given back and they know it. i've come close to getting into many fights when mentioning his name..and i actually got in one, in front of a church over him.

as well as almost getting in another one while in a shelter and mentioning his name.

but i gotta tell you...they all play his music on their boxes. lol:D

i have a roof over my head now. and many of them are still on the street.

their attitudes don't help them any.

Aww lovely story, good on you for getting off the streets! And bad on them, i feel sorry really!

Aww lovely story, good on you for getting off the streets! And bad on them, i feel sorry really!

yeah..emwill. thanks..

i'm not laughing at them for being on the street..i feel sorry too..'

if anything...i'm angry at them. they have so much potential. they just need to look into their hearts and see the gifts THEY have, instead of dividing the brotherhood by hating on your fellow human being for the talent he has. if you want to set an example and change peoples' minds...do like MJ said..they need to start with the person in the mirror.

i found that if you look around there's help everywhere...they just need to take it.

yeah..emwill. thanks..

i'm not laughing at them for being on the street..i feel sorry too..'

if anything...i'm angry at them. they have so much potential. they just need to look into their hearts and see the gifts THEY have, instead of dividing the brotherhood by hating on your fellow human being for the talent he has. if you want to set an example and change peoples' minds...do like MJ said..they need to start with the person in the mirror.

i found that if you look around there's help everywhere...they just need to take it.

no prob, theres hope round every corner, peace out and heads up!

I had a bit of a run in with my cousin today...the worst part, it was during lunch at my aunts house.
My sister had the great idea to bring my fandom into the whole thing and she started to trash him...mostly about his face, I said it was better for her to STFU for her own good and she though it was funny and kept going, everyone else could tell I wasn't joking and they stopped laughing; I said I wasn't going to lower myself to her level and wouldn't even try to explain her anything, so she sorta noticed how serious I was being...my aunt and brother started to defend him saying how talented he was knowing I was really upset and eventually my sister changed the subject.

It took me a while to calm down and did my best to not slap her since she was sitting next to me...

Well my family doesn't talk bad about him, but my friends are. Yesterday was the vindication. I changed my name on my myspace profile to MJJ Innocent 6-13-05. My friend saw it and messaged me on MSN messenger stating I am glad you are happy he is innocent, but what if he is really a child molester, and only got off for being rich and famous. She also said something on the line of I love his music/dance/talent. But you have to admit he is a bit of a nut. I mean who in their right mind dangles their child off a balcony.
I hate having to deal with stupid ish like that. I mean she is one of my best friends since I was 16. I am 23 now. And she is telling me this. She knows how much of a die hard fan I am.
It just made me very angry.

Well my family doesn't talk bad about him, but my friends are. Yesterday was the vindication. I changed my name on my myspace profile to MJJ Innocent 6-13-05. My friend saw it and messaged me on MSN messenger stating I am glad you are happy he is innocent, but what if he is really a child molester, and only got off for being rich and famous. She also said something on the line of I love his music/dance/talent. But you have to admit he is a bit of a nut. I mean who in their right mind dangles their child off a balcony.
I hate having to deal with stupid ish like that. I mean she is one of my best friends since I was 16. I am 23 now. And she is telling me this. She knows how much of a die hard fan I am.
It just made me very angry.

Aww thats kinda sad...that your friend would do that. But from my experience when people you know start rambling on and on about "oh you gotta admit..dangled baby..." that they are secretly asking you to ENLIGHTEN THEM about Michael. Sort of like a subliminal cry for you to make them understand Michael they way you do. I believe your friend really doesnt want to upset you she just wants to understand howand WHY Michael Jackson is so important to you, as she/he (your friend) is important to you.

Back