Have you ever had problems with your family just for being a MJ fan?

^ oh ok, i got it now!!!hahah yes I agree... I think she syas these things because MJ's appearance :rolls eyes* ugh...there is nothing wrong with him, but whatever she has her biased opinions..

And when you tell her that he has vitiligo and was falsely accused, she calls you a fool for believing it! :(

woow, that's exactly what everyone says to me. I really hate it.. And yes, I'm the only one in my whole big family thing who loves MJ. They don't want me to be a MJ fan, but I don't care..It's my choice now isn't?

woow, that's exactly what everyone says to me. I really hate it.. And yes, I'm the only one in my whole big family thing who loves MJ. They don't want me to be a MJ fan, but I don't care..It's my choice now isn't?

that is dumb that people don't believe you when you say he has vitiligo,its clearly obvious that he has it. how could they not see it?..me too i hate it when i hear people say "Michael really wants to be white!" its annoying, but thats just their ignorance. and yes thats your choice that you like MJ, and its a good choice too :)

that is dumb that people don't believe you when you say he has vitiligo,its clearly obvious that he has it. how could they not see it?..me too i hate it when i hear people say "Michael really wants to be white!" its annoying, but thats just their ignorance. and yes thats your choice that you like MJ, and its a good choice too :)

Yes I know it's really annoying:shifty: and ''why do you like him?'' or ''what is so good about him?" dangg..yeahh, it's a gooood choice:p

^ hahah exactly.. "you like him??well you need to read up, he is a phedophile!" ughhh omg its so dumb when people say these things when they are the ones who really need to read Information about the truth about Michael Jackson, not lies....

It's unfortunate that fans like Snow White and veresetzidou have had to face such adversity and animosity over such a simple joy in mere entertainment. Of course, taking an interest in MJ can be more than that as many of us fans can attest to. But at the end of the day, MJ is an entertainer - a brilliant & inspirational one at that - but I can never understand why some people make such a fuss about others liking him - it makes no sense. People have different tastes, like different things, look up to different people. Why people take time out of their day to pick on others where MJ is concerned beats me. I can understand that there is an image and a history that comes along with MJ, but MJ fans get so much flack - unfairly so too - it's frustrating! Many of us have to constantly defend ourselves which can be quite taxing sometimes - especially if it's with loved ones and friends.

All I can say for people in these situations is reiterate what everyone else here has said: Just hold your head high and stick to your guns. My brother and my mom have wondered about my interest in MJ, and my brother has even questioned me about it to the point where I've gotten really upset, but so long as it makes me happy, I think screw it! You can only live for yourself. I have a couple friends who've cracked jokes here & there but I've made it clear that I'm a staunch supporter and a loyal fan so if they're going to talk to me about MJ, they better be prepared to hear me defend him and tell them the facts (and most of them aren't :cheeky:). They can never know how much inspiration I've drawn from MJ, and if they don't want to know or learn - or at the very least respect that - then indeed, they are the ignorant ones.

Your family just doesn't understand what being an MJ fan is all about. To me being a fan of Michael, is very different than being a fan of another music artist. I guess because most MJ fans are very nice, and we all see each other as family. During my teenage years I was a huge fan of this band called Orgy, but the other fans I have met, are rude, and mean. Now I have been an MJ fan all my life, but during my teenage years I got really into rock, and wasn't listening to him as much. About two years ago I got back into being a MJ fanatic again lol. And I say it with all my heart being a fan of MJ has a totally different feeling than anything else. It is a good, and wonderful feeling. People just don't understand.

That's so true. We're a special bunch, aren't we? :yes: I've never known other fans to be as warm & open. It's nice to be able to band together with people like that. (Btw, I like Orgy! I can't say I'm a fan, and I only know a few songs, but what I have I really like :)).

^ hahah exactly.. "you like him??well you need to read up, he is a phedophile!" ughhh omg its so dumb when people say these things when they are the ones who really need to read Information about the truth about Michael Jackson, not lies....

I find it really annoying when people look at me incredulously when I defend MJ. Or think you have to be a nut to like MJ. As someone who hasn't been a MJ fan her whole life (though I wasn't anti-MJ before), I try and remind people that I did the research as I became a fan and there's no reason they can't either. You don't have to be a "blind follower" to be a fan and a lot of people don't get that. I also tell my friends that when you've looked at as many MJ pics as I have (and I'm sure this goes for many other fans as well) - which has to be hundreds if not thousands - you can see the development of his vitiligo. And besides, why would Michael want to become "White" when he reached the "pinnacle of his success"/broke all the records while he was "Black"? (Or period!) It doesn't make any sense. But people don't use logic - or offer MJ the common decency to be treated as human. Never mind that he might have his own personal views on a skin condition that changes how he looks in an-already difficult look-based industry! Oh no! And as for the trial, well it's astounding how many people think the aquittals don't mean anything! If they looked a little deeper into the trial the could see all the BS that it was made of! It really boggles my mind sometimes :smilerolleyes:. How does that saying go? "The bigger the star, the deeper the fall"? Instead people buy into nonsensical tabloid drama and dribble that the media feeds them. It's sad really cuz it just reflects the general public's ignorance. It doesn't stop at MJ - the media skews reports and omit news all the time. But people take things at face value all the time. So how are we supposed to encourage otherwise?

Well I guess if gentle persistence doesn't work, then we're left to ask for some respect on the matter and refrain from bringing up MJ around the haters... Though I'd rather work conversions if at all possible :D.

So I guess this reply is kinda long :scratch: - but I just feel y'all on this issue. The frustration might unleash itself in long, ranting posts, lol.

Last edited:
you are totally right!! MJ fan is not just a crazy teenager, who has noting to do in his life and he listens to a kind of music in general. it is something else..
life is so cruel with everyone and routine can kill every good thinjg inside. Michael was helping me to kill routine and let my soul become better and better. when i started hidding my feeling i realise that i became different, i started to hate, and i finded hard to trust other people. I am not so... "openhearted" anymore...
i am really happy i found the way here!!
it was just a coincidence.. i saw a video on youtube with the link of this site, and i decided to re-gain everything i lost!! i love you guys!!!

finally i could say that Michael is not just a love or a desire or a joy for us.. he is actually a way of life, a way of thinking, a way of acting, a way of feeling, even more a way of dreaming!!! he helps your soul become better and better through the years!!

Last edited:
It's unfortunate that fans like Snow White and veresetzidou have had to face such adversity and animosity over such a simple joy in mere entertainment. Of course, taking an interest in MJ can be more than that as many of us fans can attest to. But at the end of the day, MJ is an entertainer - a brilliant & inspirational one at that - but I can never understand why some people make such a fuss about others liking him - it makes no sense. People have different tastes, like different things, look up to different people. Why people take time out of their day to pick on others where MJ is concerned beats me. I can understand that there is an image and a history that comes along with MJ, but MJ fans get so much flack - unfairly so too - it's frustrating! Many of us have to constantly defend ourselves which can be quite taxing sometimes - especially if it's with loved ones and friends.

All I can say for people in these situations is reiterate what everyone else here has said: Just hold your head high and stick to your guns. My brother and my mom have wondered about my interest in MJ, and my brother has even questioned me about it to the point where I've gotten really upset, but so long as it makes me happy, I think screw it! You can only live for yourself. I have a couple friends who've cracked jokes here & there but I've made it clear that I'm a staunch supporter and a loyal fan so if they're going to talk to me about MJ, they better be prepared to hear me defend him and tell them the facts (and most of them aren't :cheeky:). They can never know how much inspiration I've drawn from MJ, and if they don't want to know or learn - or at the very least respect that - then indeed, they are the ignorant ones.

That's so true. We're a special bunch, aren't we? :yes: I've never known other fans to be as warm & open. It's nice to be able to band together with people like that. (Btw, I like Orgy! I can't say I'm a fan, and I only know a few songs, but what I have I really like :)).

I find it really annoying when people look at me incredulously when I defend MJ. Or think you have to be a nut to like MJ. As someone who hasn't been a MJ fan her whole life (though I wasn't anti-MJ before), I try and remind people that I did the research as I became a fan and there's no reason they can't either. You don't have to be a "blind follower" to be a fan and a lot of people don't get that. I also tell my friends that when you've looked at as many MJ pics as I have (and I'm sure this goes for many other fans as well) - which has to be hundreds if not thousands - you can see the development of his vitiligo. And besides, why would Michael want to become "White" when he reached the "pinnacle of his success"/broke all the records while he was "Black"? (Or period!) It doesn't make any sense. But people don't use logic - or offer MJ the common decency to be treated as human. Never mind that he might have his own personal views on a skin condition that changes how he looks in an-already difficult look-based industry! Oh no! And as for the trial, well it's astounding how many people think the aquittals don't mean anything! If they looked a little deeper into the trial the could see all the BS that it was made of! It really boggles my mind sometimes :smilerolleyes:. How does that saying go? "The bigger the star, the deeper the fall"? Instead people buy into nonsensical tabloid drama and dribble that the media feeds them. It's sad really cuz it just reflects the general public's ignorance. It doesn't stop at MJ - the media skews reports and omit news all the time. But people take things at face value all the time. So how are we supposed to encourage otherwise?

Well I guess if gentle persistence doesn't work, then we're left to ask for some respect on the matter and refrain from bringing up MJ around the haters... Though I'd rather work conversions if at all possible :D.

So I guess this reply is kinda long :scratch: - but I just feel y'all on this issue. The frustration might unleash itself in long, ranting posts, lol.

well said :) :cheers:

I have..

I just focused on MJ too much, it effected my life to the point where my parents would come down on me about it.. not that I AM an MJ fan, they like him too.. but how much I allowed it to consume me.

Fans/Admirers have been dealing people making negative comments for years...for whatever their reasons, excuses are; it is their own insecurities, jealousy, to see the truth...

Always stay pure and true to your heart, for in the end; the "TRUTH" shall set us free..!

Heal The World~~~"Education Is The Key"

Oh I had problems too!My dad likes Mike 's music but he isn't liking him!He was saying to me that Mike is a pervert and child molester and i was so hurt! He saids that Mj looks like a woman whith that hair! I 'm very young fan ! I start liking Mike in late 2006 when i saw Ghosts movie.I don't care about what he says anymore ha!!!Everytime i show him Michael Dance and make big shows like Jam bucharest he is like WOW AND I'm very happy he is speechless!My granny likes Michael a lot more but everytime she see Michael ' scrotch grabbing she is starting to screaming to me!Why are you waching this ???

(i'm sorry for my english..please correct me)

i began to love Michael since the first time i saw him on tv. i was 11 years old, in 1992. i was collecting everything i could fine. i was just a kid and i couldn't find money easily...!! until 1995 i had all the LPs, and every stuff i found (umbrellas, gloves, hats, posters etc). When the first scandal came up, my parent was acting like phsychos!! they were beating me every time they were listening to me say his name, or listen to his music. They destroyed all my photos,my tapes, my video tapes.... (that period i had no cds!!)fortunately i succeed to save my lps. After this i tried to collect them again!! in 1998 i had an argument with my father, and i told him, that i love M more than anyone else, and that i hated my father because he destroyed all my archive, and because he hate what i love the most. we had a fight and he broke my leg!! after i went out from the hospital i promise to my self not to let anyone to realise that i am a MJ fan. i promised that i'll keep loving him but secretly. Today i am 27 years old, and this very moment...i'm still hidding!! i turned off the lights and i am trying to type in the dark so none can see what im doing. a normal person would ask me..."you are 27 years ol and you are controled by your parents? don't you leave alone?" i would answer that i work for 400 dollars per month, and here in Greece the thIngs are very difficult. i can not survive alone with 400 $ per month. we pay 500$ just for rent!!! so... i would like to say to Michael:
ACCEPT MY APPOLOGIES!!!
I NEVER BETRAYED YOU
I STILL LOVE YOU
AND I ALWAYS WILL!!
YOU ARE THE PEACE OF MY SOUL!!

veresetzidou I send you a :hug: sincerely I appreciate to much for sharing your story, it's even more cruel than mine. I understand when you said about being crontoled by your parents I'm 22, I still living with tem because I'm handicapped my problem it's just physical I need to use a walker, here in Mexico it's really hard to be handicapped beacuse the people like us only can have a well piad job having a career so it's completely understandable your situation. Hold on dear I know it's difficult, Michael is very lucky for having a fan so loyal 'n loveable like you :happy:

I tryed to ignore my mother, she was telling almost the same in the first post, I answered her: yeah mom if I would know he's gay I'd be in :wub: with Michael any way 'cause I know it's 100% platonical n' it never gonna be come true. She said: you're retarded but I didn't give a damn.
Thank you guys for your annecdotes n' pieces of advice :hug:

I have to say being a MJ fan has to be one of the most special things in my life, the fan community is like no other and we genuinly care for each other. Michael would be proud, I firmly believe that this sense of family comes directly from him.

you are totally right!! MJ fan is not just a crazy teenager, who has noting to do in his life and he listens to a kind of music in general. it is something else..
life is so cruel with everyone and routine can kill every good thinjg inside. Michael was helping me to kill routine and let my soul become better and better. when i started hidding my feeling i realise that i became different, i started to hate, and i finded hard to trust other people. I am not so... "openhearted" anymore...
i am really happy i found the way here!!
it was just a coincidence.. i saw a video on youtube with the link of this site, and i decided to re-gain everything i lost!! i love you guys!!!

Aww you're so sweet. Welcome, and I hope you have lots of fun :hug:

Last edited:
yeah i do too. its so painful to see ur parents not unertanding u or respecting ur opinions

i doesm ake me mad that my family do not GTE IT that :heart:Michael DOES NOT bleech his skin :angry:

^ awww that's horrible... its annoying when people say he bleaches his skin!!!!

I've shown them pics of him with vitiligo n' they say that are fake damn :angry: its completely annoying

don't you just hate that???? and Its real annoying when I hear people around me say that Michael had tons of plastic surgery so he doesn't look like his father..*rolls eyes*omg, people are so mean and very igonorant. it makes me want to scream at them....

^ too many people assume things about Michael that aren't even true.. i am not trying to be mean, but for example, this older person i know that talks crap about MJ, well if they got vitiligo or was acussed of being a pedophile by their peers in our city that this person couldn't take it. So i don't know why people think its ok if they trash MJ,because i know if they were in that situation they would be furious and yelling... ok i am done, but its still wrong..ugh and annoying

Not really. My mom has generally been interested in stuff I am once I show her, even for stuff she doesn't admit to.

She likes MJ too. Greatest entertainer of all-time and all that. In most conversations I've gathered that she believes the children lied about him, but there are times when I detect lingering doubts. Overall I'd say she likes the dude.

The most annoying family related MJ experience I've had is when one of my mom's friends proceeded to go on this stupid rant about how bad MJ is. Those people always wreak of such negativity, because the conversation started with my mother mentioning how MJ's music always made my little brother laugh, especially the "hehehe." Then my mom told her that I was a big fan. But alas, dumbass friend still had to dish out some bullshit.

Then my mom was apparently influenced by that stupid *****. We were watching The American Dream movie, and in one scene where the J5 were being rushed by the fans, she says, "Maybe this rough lifestyle is why he became a pedophile."

I'm like, wtf? I've talked to her before about taped phone calls, prior history of the accusing families, all that good stuff, and she agreed with me... And then her buddy who knows nothing about the situation, whose entire argument is "he's such a weirdo" changes my mom's mind? But I think my mom is too easily agreeable. Since then she's come around to the "he's probably innocent" side again where she was before, hopefully not just because she's agreeable, but because of the logic behind it.

But overall it's positive about him at my place. I always joke and say about whatever music she's watching, "You know what's better than this? MJ." to which she normally replies something to the effect of, "That's not a fair comparison. He's freakishly talented; it's not human."

But overall it's positive about him at my place. I always joke and say about whatever music she's watching, "You know what's better than this? MJ." to which she normally replies something to the effect of, "That's not a fair comparison. He's freakishly talented; it's not human."

lol but you see if i did that my mum would roll her eyes and say omg you are obsessed!

Last edited:
Not really. My mom has generally been interested in stuff I am once I show her, even for stuff she doesn't admit to.

She likes MJ too. Greatest entertainer of all-time and all that. In most conversations I've gathered that she believes the children lied about him, but there are times when I detect lingering doubts. Overall I'd say she likes the dude.

The most annoying family related MJ experience I've had is when one of my mom's friends proceeded to go on this stupid rant about how bad MJ is. Those people always wreak of such negativity, because the conversation started with my mother mentioning how MJ's music always made my little brother laugh, especially the "hehehe." Then my mom told her that I was a big fan. But alas, dumbass friend still had to dish out some bullshit.

Then my mom was apparently influenced by that stupid *****. We were watching The American Dream movie, and in one scene where the J5 were being rushed by the fans, she says, "Maybe this rough lifestyle is why he became a pedophile."

I'm like, wtf? I've talked to her before about taped phone calls, prior history of the accusing families, all that good stuff, and she agreed with me... And then her buddy who knows nothing about the situation, whose entire argument is "he's such a weirdo" changes my mom's mind? But I think my mom is too easily agreeable. Since then she's come around to the "he's probably innocent" side again where she was before, hopefully not just because she's agreeable, but because of the logic behind it.

don't you hate it???we are in the same situation.... doesn't it make you want to talk about MJ more to get on the womens nerves, lol thats what i do.

I have to say being a MJ fan has to be one of the most special things in my life, the fan community is like no other and we genuinly care for each other. Michael would be proud, I firmly believe that this sense of family comes directly from him.

Aww you're so sweet. Welcome, and I hope you have lots of fun :hug:

I ALREADY HAVE...believe me!!! a lot of fun...actually i have the feeling that i have someone to talk to, and i am not alone!! at work , when the manager goes to the bathroom, i run to his office and i enter the site to see the news!!!:D:D

I HAVE A GREAT TIME!! THANK YOU FOR THIS!!:cheers:

there are cracks like my mom thinks michael looked like a 'beautiful' woman' on the ebony cover.

or the worst is my dad!! when the verdict came in from the trial and i was waiting and worried for michael, like all the fans were..... my dad blurted out 'i hope he goes to jail'. err.. not good timing!

but i usually tell my family.. well michael is from our town so if hes so 'weird or alien' then you might be born and breed weird too. ...lol its nothing much but it shuts them up.

Back