Have your opinions changed? (Cascio Tracks)

Have your opinions changed?

• Yes-I now believe it's MJ 100%

Votes: 103 30.1%
  • Yes-I think its him but not 100% him

Votes: 90 26.3%
  • No-It's not him at all

Votes: 149 43.6%

• Total voters
The more I hear thouse songs, the more I know it is not him.
I think The Cascios recorded the song out of MJ notes and hand writing songs
It is not just the voice, Michael did not sing that way.

I am now going to give you my personal opinion on where I sit with these songs.

They are all Michael,

However, it is clear that one is heavily layered heavily unfinished and unpolished ready for release to the general public, do I think it is silly releasing them we I'm torn I for one realise and do take into account that the times were in are very much different to before, and that is something we are going to have to get used to. Michael is not here to finnish the job and that is not going to change that coupled together with the fact others are now making the decisions it will always be different yes you can say they have done their best in bringing in those who Michael worked with producer wise, but a room when Michael is around the outcome will still be different again something we are simply going to have to get used to.

So yes there may be a case of Michael may not have released these songs or the final versions Michael might not have run with they may sound or be different.

But

We are where we are, unfortunately we are going to have to adapt to world we are now in, so only you the fans will be the judges you either support this album or you don't its entirely your choice,

But one thing is for sure, no matter how we beat it love it hate it, These are still Michael Jackson songs.

Songs in a world that will simply never be like the norm we all so used to.
e

The 7 songs were Mj voice is clear 100% are perfect, I enjoying every day, but I have decided not to support the album and orders were these songs are included. As I fan for more than 25 years it's sad, but when I hear thouse songs I don't feel Michael:(.

My opinion hasn't changed - it's Michael, but the songs were over-produced and someone has filled the gaps, as they had only unfinished rough demos. Michael voice in Cascio's songs sounds so different, that even it's hard to accept it's him singing, especially after listening the other 7 songs from the album. Anyway, I must admit that I love KYHU and Monster.

Last edited:
I like the analogies some here have given that us fans have heard lousy quality recorded phone conversations of Michael speaking and even under these less than ideal circumstances his voice is instantly recognizable. It is just that unique. So I don't really think a low tech recording studio should be a good explanation as to why Michael sounds so different on these songs in question.

But I am still torn and confused. Even if these questionable songs were mostly sung by Michael and were just heavily processed as some say, why would Sony or anyone allow them to be released this way? Don't they hear what we (the majority of us) are hearing - that Michael sounds not like Michael or like someone trying to sound like Michael? How did they think they could get away with this? But it seems they have...

For me, no matter what the situation is...whether these are really Michael and were just over processed or if an impostor was used it's still wrong that they allowed these recordings to be released to the public. Michael should sound exactly like and BE Michael on his own album. That being said, I still allowed my pre-order to remain and I am supporting the album but with very conflicted feelings.

Last edited:
No...no I REFUSE to believe this.

I've just seen Teddy Riley on Daybreak on BBC One here in the UK.

For the first time he offered some sort of explanation as to why Michael might sound so different.

He basically said Michael isnt here anymore for them to get him to sing on key so they had to process the vocals quite a lot, which is why he might sound so different.

I'm still not too sure though, for me its never been about the pitch or anything like that. Its the pronounciation of certain words, and im not to sure that can be changed that much.

But at least he gave some sort of explanation as to why he might sound different. He seemed to start stuttering though just as the topic of the vocals not being authentic was brought up.

Since when has Michael Jackson had trouble singing on key? I agree, it's more the pronunciation of certain words for me too. And other things I can't quite put my finger on.

Last edited:
The more I hear thouse songs, the more I know it is not him.
I think The Cascios recorded the song out of MJ notes and hand writing songs.
It is not just the voice, Michael did not sing that way.

That.

:wub:

Last edited:
i must say eddie and teddy are really convincing in the oprah interview...

oprah: how can you say about the rumours?
eddie: well i can say that it is really him. (duh)

pwus.jpg

wow, they really tell the truth :rolleyes:

sorry, but for me it pretty much cleared up after seeing the oprah interview along with the 2 liars. it's not always easy to tell if someone's telling blatant lies, but with eddie cascio and teddy riley its obvious, someone must really love the big paycheck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jik0z-Ze8Vc

and funny that teddy riley says "no one can duplicate the strong scream of michael jackson" - kind of ironic that they use almost all screams (and strangely only for the 3 cascio songs) from ad-libs of old songs ... earth song, you rock my world etc. say hello.

Since when has Michael Jackson had trouble singing on key? I agree, it's more the pronunciation of certain words for me too. And other things I can't quite put my finger on.

Oh yeah, Teddy respected MJ and his art so much that he produced songs with Michael singing on wrong key. And with this statement he clearly wanted him to look good in the eyes of publicity

There must be something about the Cascios that made Michael singing out of tune in their studio while doing it very well in others

Oh yeah, Teddy respected MJ and his art so much that he produced songs with Michael singing on wrong key. And with this statement he clearly wanted him to look good in the eyes of publicity

There must be something about the Cascios that made Michael singing out of tune in their studio while doing it very well in others

yup and look at the picture of the "home studio" before and cascio's studio now (also shown in the oprah interview) - someone must've gotten a huge, huge paycheck.

I am now going to give you my personal opinion on where I sit with these songs.

They are all Michael,

However, it is clear that one is heavily layered heavily unfinished and unpolished and not ready for release to the general public, do I think it is silly releasing them well I'm torn I for one realise and do take into account that the times were in are very much different to before, and that is something we are going to have to get used to. Michael is not here to finnish the job and that is not going to change that coupled together with the fact others are now making the decisions it will always be different yes you can say they have done their best in bringing in those who Michael worked with producer wise, but a room when Michael is around the outcome will still be different again something we are simply going to have to get used to.

So yes there may be a case of Michael may not have released these songs or the final versions Michael might not have run with they may sound or be different.

But

We are where we are, unfortunately we are going to have to adapt to world we are now in, so only you the fans will be the judges you either support this album or you don't its entirely your choice,

But one thing is for sure, no matter how we beat it love it hate it, These are still Michael Jackson songs.

Songs in a world that will simply never be like the norm we all so used to.
My sentiments exactly

i must say eddie and teddy are really convincing in the oprah interview...

oprah: how can you say about the rumours?
eddie: well i can say that it is really him. (duh)

pwus.jpg

wow, they really tell the truth :rolleyes:

sorry, but for me it pretty much cleared up after seeing the oprah interview along with the 2 liars. it's not always easy to tell if someone's telling blatant lies, but with eddie cascio and teddy riley its obvious, someone must really love the big paycheck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jik0z-Ze8Vc

Does Teddy Riley sing? Are there recordings of him singing? Forgive my ignorance on this but I don't know much about him - except his angry Tweets of late have been making me laugh and are pretty entertaining, lol ("Get off my page!). It's just that the more I listen to him speak, the more I think he's the main voice on "Breaking News". Call me crazy.

Does Teddy Riley sing? Are there recordings of him singing? Forgive my ignorance on this but I don't know much about him - except his angry Tweets of late have been making me laugh and are pretty entertaining, lol ("Get off my page!). It's just that the more I listen to him speak, the more I think he's the main voice on "Breaking News". Call me crazy.

lol...Yes, he does sing...He was part of a group called 'Blackstreet'....I'm not that familiar with them, but I do like a few songs of theirs called 'No Diggity' and 'Joy' (which Michael wrote the melody to)

I doubt it's Teddy on BN

I saw nothing to suggest they were lying. Neither of them looked up to the right while saying the tracks were real, which would indicate they were lying. Instead they were looking to the left which indicates they were telling the truth.
They looked a little nervous maybe. I would be nervous too if I had to be on Oprah. Yeesh!

Considering that the house mj supposedly recorded in was sold back in august i'm very curious to know what studio they showed on oprah and why they gave the impression itwas the same one.....

there's a picture of it now? would like to see :)

from poor:

fc021c.jpg

to huge paycheck: (malachi also received one, for shutting his mouth and twittering "no it is not me" even though their vibrato sounds identical and coincidentally only on the cascio tracks)

111tkbt.jpg

21b2otg.jpg

but i can't blame him for that, having sold like 12 "mj songs" to sony, who wouldn't at least build his own home studio? at least that way he can produce songs without strange snorting sounds in the background when he records with malachi next time.

I saw nothing to suggest they were lying. Neither of them looked up to the right while saying the tracks were real, which would indicate they were lying. Instead they were looking to the left which indicates they were telling the truth.
They looked a little nervous maybe. I would be nervous too if I had to be on Oprah. Yeesh!
It indicates nothing. Seriously. Detecting deception is just a bit more diverse than that. I'll give you an example. When Eddie is asked whether he thought MJ would want the songs released (7:10 on 2nd video), he says yes. However, his head says otherwise. Go and have a look.

It indicates nothing. Seriously. Detecting deception is just a bit more diverse than that. I'll give you an example. When Eddie is asked whether he thought MJ would want the songs released (7:10 on 2nd video), he says yes. However, his head says otherwise. Go and have a look.

I agree. People do not need degrees in lie detection. Think about it--throughout peoples lives interacting with others, they use different strategies to determine the truthfulness of friends, enemies, bosses, etc. The last time I did jury duty, in New York City, the defense attorney questioned us and told us to look at the witnesses "body language" while they gave evidence to determine the truthfulness/merit of their responses. Now, this was a case about police officers charged with burglary. Now the defense knew we were not "Detection Experts." The point is that people evaluate these things all the time--whether their conclusions are "accurate," is another thing.

Well, it ain't like the 3T would've been any more convincing. It's all about who you choose to believe.

If your conclusion isn't accurate, how can they be lying?

Yes Annie, that is the point. That is why I say we make these conclusions, but whether they are right/wrong is another thing. I am not saying the conclusions are right, always right, etc.

Wow! My first time in this thread, looked at the poll, and I was shocked! So many people voted that they thought the vocals are completely fake. Almost as many as those who belive they're real!! Wow! I mean I completely understand about when Breaking News came out because I was one of those who believed it wasn't MJ's voice. But honestly, I feel like this completely opened the flood gates and now people are randomnly claiming that songs aren't MJ. What's next, claiming that songs on previous MJ albums were fake? I mean I'm all four people expressin their opinion, I'm just so shocked that until now people still believe his vocals are fake on the album. And just to be honest, I haven't actually listend to any Jason Malachi songs, so I'm gonna go do that now. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind. But, I'm just so amazed that this many people think their fake. Thought it was over..

Back