Hollywood Tonight - 2nd Official Single - NOT CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hollywood Tonight - 2nd Official Single (January 11, 2011)

Very disappointed, and I am not really sure, this is the best move
for the album.
Monster should have been the second release,
especially because another mainstream artist is featured 50 cent.
I think that benefits the single.

Maybe thats why they hold on to Monster, because they do not want to
release 2 singles, that features 2 other mainstream artists.
thats what i think.

Could someone please explain to me what it means for a song to be released as a single? As far as I'm aware I can already buy Hollywood Tonight separately from the album on I Tunes. I hope it means new video/cd with alternate mixes. Hollywood Tonight is a great track, I hope it does well.
Becoming a single means it gets sent to radio stations for them to play on the air.

If Hollywood Tonight becomes successful and Holy My Hand gets played more, I can see them releasing Monster as a third single. It's not unlikely for Michael Jackson to have a few singles out from an album, but we'll have to see how well these do! If they are successful I don't know why they wouldn't release a third as well.

Is this confirmed to be official news? :)

Explains why Teddy was working on a remix ;)

are they going to release a physical CD?

would of preferred monster but then it would be controversy all over again with the non-believers.
personally HT is not a favourite but hopefully they'll promote better
i wouldnt count on this being official anyways
..but still i REALLY hope whotever the next single is, it does better than HMH

I've heard a bunch of people say that Monster is a better dance song than HT and I don't think that could be further from the truth. HT is, by far, the best dance track on the album and, I think, the best dance song he's made since some of the songs on Dangerous.

Monster is a bit too slow and lacks the most important thing for a good dance song, a memorable bass line. The Bass lick in HT makes me want to get up and dance 5 seconds into the song.

Even though HT is probably my favorite song on the album, I do hope that there is a radio edit or that Riley's remix is released and either reduces the spoken bridge or replaces it with different music/vocals. The rest of the song is near perfection imo, however.

Oh, and get rid of the chorus at the beginning lol.

:girl_whistle: :girl_whistle: :girl_whistle:

Damn, i don't think this is the best desicion (just my opinion) HT is kinda repetive, my friends (no fans, but they like MJ) think it won't be such a great hit. They all love monster though... HT misses energy in my opinion, but yea, let's support the next single of Michael!!!

Hollywood tonight is the new Billie jean and if supported and the video is visually appealing , and im crossong my fingers this will be the animated one i have heard whisper of.
I really hope that this does get released and believe to continie the life of the album sony continue releasing singles from it and make more new videos , using studio footage, and animation! I really do believe it would be a great move to make a first 3d video to go with the innovation of Michaels ground breaking short films!

Terry

Great choice. So glad it's not Monster.

They'll need to hurry up with a video if they haven't already.

Meh. Let's hope for a great video with previously unseen Michael footage in it - from concerts, him out and about, in the studio... As long as it's Michael :heart:

All they need to do is replace the spoken part with an instrumental bridge, preferably a guitar solo.

I really hope they would reedit the song cause potentially it's a big hit, just not with that horrible production with spoken bridge and synthesized instrumental

Hollywood tonight is the new Billie jean

:bugeyed...

____

This isn't a fave of mine so I am a little disappointed. Behind the mask would have been a better choice IMO. Maybe that will be next :D

I just hope the single version doesn't include the inane spoken bit and the repetitive, "Hollywood...," etc. at the end. I like everything else about this song except for Taryll's contribution. It just lacks energy.

I agree. The song starts off with really great energy and then when that spoken bridge happens the energy just gets sucked right out of the song.

really? 2nd official single? that's great~

:punk::punk::punk::punk:i cant wait :)

I like Hollywood Tonight but to me it's not even worthy to be called the new You Rock My World let alone the new Billie Jean

Just a thought:
We all know that Michael is singing this song, but his voice is different, especially if you compare it to his other big hits. So maybe, when the song gets released as a single, the general public think that this isn't Michael singing.

Excellent. BTM is a better song but I think it's more fitting a more recent MJ song is released.

I mean on the beats alone and the pace, i love the way he sings this tune, it reminds me of the energy and catchiness of BJ, thats where the comaparison comes from.

Now you understand? Good! Lets ! Lets dance!

Terry

Just a thought:
We all know that Michael is singing this song, but his voice is different, especially if you compare it to his other big hits. So maybe, when the song gets released as a single, the general public think that this isn't Michael singing.
Those are my thoughts too. :( For example my sister (who likes Michael very much and has listened to him a lot) thought that it didn't sound like Michael when she heard the song for the first time. She asked me: "Who is this?" :D

But I hope this will be the 2nd single, I love the song. :)

I love HT so I'm happy! And relieved they did not choose that irritating song by backstreet boy jason with the vibrato all over the place. lol

KenYeSeeChesss;3174594And relieved they did not choose that irritating song by backstreet boy jason with the vibrato all over the place. lol[/QUOTE said:

I hope this is true because i love Hollywood Tonight :) :)
Can't wait to hear it on the radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back