Hollywood Tonight - 2nd Official Single - NOT CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hollywood Tonight - 2nd Official Single (January 11, 2011)

Just a thought:
We all know that Michael is singing this song, but his voice is different, especially if you compare it to his other big hits. So maybe, when the song gets released as a single, the general public think that this isn't Michael singing.

They'll think this is more like him than the Cascio tracks.

I really hope this is true. Hollywood Tonight is my favourite song on the album.

I don't know why so many fans want Monster as a single, especially given the controversy surrounding the vocals. The estate should wash their hands completely of these Cascio songs. Releasing one of them as a single would be the final nail in the coffin for the album.

The album is already in the coffin with the lid closed. Lack of promotion, poor sales in the USA, dropping like a rock on the UK & US charts, and the vocal controversies pretty much took care of that.

What difference does it make? They're both good songs, I'm confident both will be released as singles before the publicity of this album dies down.
yes i agree :yes:
HT is an Instant Hit

It deosn't stand the test of the 1 000 successive listenings but it's catchy and it's an instand HIT

great Choice for a single !!
it is going to be a big hit :yes:
Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

the best news l heard today
me to :D
Does this mean it's gettin released officially or is it a Sony realease where they just add it to iTunes for MJ fans that already knew about it lol, would love for this to be promoted big time as could be a massive single or Michael
im guessing it is going to be a single :yes: but i could be wrong :yes:
Is this confirmed to be official news? :)
:unsure: i dont know im just guessing :yes:i hope it is :bugeyed
Damn, i don't think this is the best desicion (just my opinion) HT is kinda repetive, my friends (no fans, but they like MJ) think it won't be such a great hit. They all love monster though... HT misses energy in my opinion, but yea, let's support the next single of Michael!!!
absalutely :yes:and monster could be the 3rd single :yes:i hope it is :yes:
I do like hollywood tonight but that is no way a "new billie jean" far from it IMO
no :lol::lol:
The album is already in the coffin with the lid closed. Lack of promotion, poor sales in the USA, dropping like a rock on the UK & US charts, and the vocal controversies pretty much took care of that.
dont say that :no: because the singles will promote the album :yes:

hollywood tonight is a great song so it will help the album:)

yes i agree :yes:

dont say that :no: because the singles will promote the album :yes:

If that was true, then tell me why Hold My Hand isn't a top 10 hit single? Why didn't Sony promote it properly like they should have? When the song was 1st released, I asked a couple friends of mine who work in radio (my dad included) if they were going to play the new MJ single. Their response...

what single?

Good!!. at least some good news in all this!!.
I'll buy the single if they release it with mixes, vocal..etc.

It could've been worse, much worse, so I'm not complaining.

Last I heard before Christmas was that Monster was the preferred 2nd single. The pool of songs they were choosing from were: Hollywood Tonight, The Way You Love Me, and Monster. So it's possible but I'd hold out for official news.

Hollywood tonight is the new Billie jean......

Yes, I think so too. I didnt wrote it because I thought there would be some that could feel offended but the truth is that, to me, a funky song with that rythm could not be less.

If Hollywood Tonight is really the next single it will be his strongest single release since TDCAU.

If Hollywood Tonight is really the next single it will be his strongest single release since TDCAU.

on potential perhaps, but in their released state, you rock my world was a far far stronger track. Hollywood tonight might have been a lot better if finished and released by Michael, but anything that wasn't actually from the genius' own head is weak in this song, ie the spoken bridge, some of the production etc.

If that was true, then tell me why Hold My Hand isn't a top 10 hit single? Why didn't Sony promote it properly like they should have? When the song was 1st released, I asked a couple friends of mine who work in radio (my dad included) if they were going to play the new MJ single. Their response...

what single?

Sony has serviced the single to all radio stations. The fact that programmers and DJs refuse to play it it's not their problem. What are they supposed to do, bribe them? Now I do agree that with regards to the video release and ads on the Internet promotion should've been better, but they shouldn't be blamed for the weak airplay. Radios in America have been largely ignoring older artists (over 40 y.o.).

Veteran acts like MJ, Madonna, Whitney etc. will never get the type of airplay that the Rihannas and the Beyonces are getting in the US. We need to get used to this fact. For an older act to have a high chart position, they can only rely on sales on iTunes and this is where Sony should mostly focus the promotion and on a video.

the talking section will cut the songs potential into pieces.. they need to take it out

offical confirmation?

I was thinking MONSTER or HT! I think Monster would've been a better choice cuz not only is it a good song but they alslo had a footage of Michael singing in a booth or something didnt they?

But all in all, I think its a toss up b/w HT and Monster and I'm glad They chose one of them! :D

Jan. 11th...5 days before my B-day... Early b-day gift I guess... :D

L.o.v.e.
Romi

the talking section will cut the songs potential into pieces.. they need to take it out

I completely agree; that's the only thing that's bringing it down....It's so damn funky, yet when the spoken part kicks in...:mello: It's Michael Jackson FFS, I wanna DANCE!!!

:D

You forget about all other markets in the world. Both HmH and Michael are doing great in big markets such as Spain, Italy, Germany, Japan and others. So please stop being so dramatic. By the way I still think the album will do ok in the US; two early to say anything yet.

Personally I think Another Day would be better than Hollywood. At least it's a complete song and doesn't have an annoying spoken segment.

Prince Of Pop, the album will go up again when the next single is released, especially if it really is HOLLYWOOD TONIGHT! :wild: Is this really official?

i do not like this song at all, there are much better songs , but maybe this is what most fans want ! for me anything Michael is worth it ! bless his soul and may his magic live forever and beyond .

what would u have instead of the spoken section??? it will be a gr8 song to dance to in clubs

Surely they would have to make a radio edit of it? Maybe they cut the spoken bridge out? Or at least shorten it, I hope.

What would I have.....cut it out completely and go to the next chorus.

Throw in some funky guitar, or some other instrumental instead...That spoken part kills the groove, big time....

what would u have instead of the spoken section??? it will be a gr8 song to dance to in clubs
There could have been a real rap bridge by some rapper who is hot in the music business right now.

There could have been a real rap bridge by some rapper who is hot in the music business right now.

didnt teddy say he has sumthing special for us with the remix??

didnt teddy say he has sumthing special for us with the remix??

Yes, I think he tweeted that..I hope so! This song could be HOT HOT HOT, had it been done properly in the first place; would be perfect had Mike finished it himself, of course, but either way, Teddy can work some magic on this one...

I would've personaly went for Behind The Mask or even Another Day, then again who am I to decide? I'm just a simple fan who wants Michael's legacy to continue in grace but it seems that the guys from Sony and from Michael's Estate don't share the same opinion as I and many others do... 2Bad!

Is it official yet?

Teddy Riley tweeted this: 2011 IS INCREDIBLE ALREADY...THE BEST IS YET TO COME. I HOPE YOU ALL HAD A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY. NOW IT'S TIME TO HUSTLE AND FLOW.

So, does this now mean it's official? Cause i think he is talking about Holywood tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back