Hollywood Tonight - 2nd Official Single - NOT CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hollywood Tonight - 2nd Official Single (January 11, 2011)- NOT CONFIRMED

Oh, come on, do you really believe that?

They couldn't even be bothered to promote HMH right and that was the lead single. The video was out way after the single had peaked in most countries, there was minimal TV or magazine coverage about the album.

Yes, I believe that. You are right about the video being a bit late, but other than that the song has done quite well. Without Michael being here there's not much one can do to promote a song but to get it played on the radio. It was, and still is. The song has done quite well in numerous countries. Most fans agree that HMH is one of the weakest tracks on Michael, so things can only improve from here on. All Sony has to get right is the timing, and the quality of the songs and the album will start selling itself.

Probably not in the next Chart from this current week...

The same for USA and UK...

A Studio album can't sell without promotion ...it's not a Best of...it's full of unreleased tracks and it can't sell without singles.

Sorry. You should have told us you were looking into the future. We thought you meant current chart positions (the US #18 was only confirmed yesterday!). :wink:

Speaking of Hold My Hand i really don't believe that MJ wanted that to be the first single from his new album. It was said that MJ wrote a note saying that he wanted it as the first single and so far we haven't seen this note yet. For all we know MJ may never have wanted Hold My Hand to be on his new album in the first place

The real reason why Hold My Hand was picked as the first single is because it has Akon on it and they used that to try and bring in the younger crowd

'HMH' was the 9th best performing song across Europe last week, and is still in most charts across the world, so I think it's a bit of a myth that this song has been a failure. The statement about the video coming too late to help the song is also false, as it went back up the charts in nealry all countries once it was released. I do agree that the video coming a week or so before the single may have improved its 'peak' positions though.

Shall we please wait with all speculations untill we have the official confirmed single.... I hate speculations..... FACTS that's what I wanna know...

The record was over when Sony decided to release three fake songs on the album. They've pissed off the fans and the album is perceived as a joke by many non-fans.

It's beyond salvaging now. They screwed up. Cut it as a loss and move on.

I am shocked that some fans are championing the release of Monster of all songs. Hell, why not follow that up by releasing a special edition version of the album with bonus tracks Mamacita and Critical.

I can't believe they've done this to Michael. :no:
i agree :yes: but please dont swear :no:
Oh, come on, do you really believe that?

They couldn't even be bothered to promote HMH right and that was the lead single. The video was out way after the single had peaked in most countries, there was minimal TV or magazine coverage about the album.

They clearly aren't bothered about promoting it and I'm actually quite happy about that. As a fan I just want this whole thing to go away. I'm ashamed of the album because of the three fake songs and am more than happy to watch the album fade into obscurity. Michael deserved better than this piss-poor cock-up and any fan with their head screwed on will know what I'm talking about. It is NOT Michael's fans who've let him down, it is his estate and it is Sony AGAIN.
i know :(but please dont swear it is not nice for this board :no:because we might have some young fans on here :yes:;)and there i agree they could of made it better for hold my hand :yes: with a advert:yes:
Speaking of Hold My Hand i really don't believe that MJ wanted that to be the first single from his new album. It was said that MJ wrote a note saying that he wanted it as the first single and so far we haven't seen this note yet. For all we know MJ may never have wanted Hold My Hand to be on his new album in the first place

The real reason why Hold My Hand was picked as the first single is because it has Akon on it and they used that to try and bring in the younger crowd
i agree :yes:but i think its good in a way for the younger genaration to get into mj :yes:
They also say on this link that "Hollywood Tonight" will be the next single :

http://www.futuremusiccharts.nl/futuremusiccharts/2011/01/michael-jackson-hollywood-tonight.html

It's better that they don't release cascio tracks , so very good choice :)
:bugeyed...but who knows for sure :unsure:

There is a huge gap between fans' expecation and Sony's intention.

Before the album released, we thought Sony would market the album as Michael Jackson's eleventh studio album and promote it the way it promoted This Is It.

However, it seems more and more apparent that Sony has no intention to make this album release an event. Sony just wanted to realize a profit; which they have no problem doing with minimal marketing budget, for Michael's existing fan base is strong enough.

The era of expensive music video is gone. Sony would never spend $7 million to make a video. Sony is a profit-driven business entity. Both Sony and the Estate need to consider cost in their decision making. Most importantly, they don't have the vision Michael had.

I set my expectation back down to earth. This album is a posthumous release, which Sony and the Estate want to make some money from. Even if they plan to release a second single, I don't think they gonna make it an "event" many of us are hoping for. They release the single to radio stations, get some airplay and hopefully drag up sales. That's pretty much it.

I do hope I'm proven wrong.

They also say on this link that "Hollywood Tonight" will be the next single :

http://www.futuremusiccharts.nl/futuremusiccharts/2011/01/michael-jackson-hollywood-tonight.html

It's better that they don't release cascio tracks , so very good choice :)

Well, i think he just read it somewhere!

En nogal een veralgemening om te zeggen dat singles na een artist zijn dood het niet goed doen. Echt ongelooflijk

There is a huge gap between fans' expecation and Sony's intention.

Before the album released, we thought Sony would market the album as Michael Jackson's eleventh studio album and promote it the way it promoted This Is It.

However, it seems more and more apparent that Sony has no intention to make this album release an event. Sony just wanted to realize a profit; which they have no problem doing with minimal marketing budget, for Michael's existing fan base is strong enough.

The era of expensive music video is gone. Sony would never spend $7 million to make a video. Sony is a profit-driven business entity. Both Sony and the Estate need to consider cost in their decision making. Most importantly, they don't have the vision Michael had.

I set my expectation back down to earth. This album is a posthumous release, which Sony and the Estate want to make some money from. Even if they plan to release a second single, I don't think they gonna make it an "event" many of us are hoping for. They release the single to radio stations, get some airplay and hopefully drag up sales. That's pretty much it.

I do hope I'm proven wrong.

Unfortunately, I think you're 100% right. Sony is business organization and their aim is to make profit, not to continue Michael's legacy. If they've had more interesting material to be released (and we know there was such: STTR, DYKWYCA, etc), it's not about their stupidity that they didn't put it on the new album, it means that they have plans on how to make more profit of it. We'll probably see some of it on the next album. And if they don't promote 'Michael' in the right way it doesn't mean they don't know how to do it, they just think the difference between their expenses and their return would be bigger without any promotion at all.

In the era we live in business is the foundation of everything, including music. That's why I think that there will never be music genii like MJ, Elvis or Freddie Mercury anymore. Or at least they won't be that huge :mello:

Guys it is CONFIRMED
2nd official single will be Hollywood Tonight

There is a poll from TheGrapeJuice.Net
that shows right now

if is gonna be a Hit or a miss or if it is okay.

so far

Hit: 81,01 %
Miss: 7,2%
Its Okay: 11,78%

Okay I thought most people wouldnt like it,
but i guess i was wrong.
still hope Monster to be 3rd Single.

source:http://thatgrapejuice.net/2011/01/michael-jackson-single-confirmed/

Even All Access now reports Hollywood Tonight to be 2nd Single

So I think you can remove the NOT CONFIRMED tag

They need to release another single fast!!

1.Hold My Hand
2.Hollywood Tonight
3.Monster

Perfect :D :D :D

that be nice if it was hollwood tonight then behind the mask and much too soon

Guys it is CONFIRMED
2nd official single will be Hollywood Tonight

There is a poll from TheGrapeJuice.Net
that shows right now

if is gonna be a Hit or a miss or if it is okay.

so far

Hit: 81,01 %
Miss: 7,2%
Its Okay: 11,78%

Okay I thought most people wouldnt like it,
but i guess i was wrong.
still hope Monster to be 3rd Single.

source:http://thatgrapejuice.net/2011/01/michael-jackson-single-confirmed/

Even All Access now reports Hollywood Tonight to be 2nd Single

So I think you can remove the NOT CONFIRMED tag

Yes remove the NOT CONFIRMED tag :)

Where is it on AllAccess? I don't see it.........

There's NO(!) confirmation at the moment, guys.

Everything was built on a rumor. AllAccess has removed the song from its site.

that be nice if it was hollwood tonight then behind the mask and much too soon

Much Too Soon would never be released as a single, it's just too slow and would probably not enter the Top 40 in many countries, IMO.

I don't think we'll get any more singles. Just my opinion, but that's just my feeling. They haven't promoted the album, so I think they're done.

There is no confirmation as of right now so the not confirmed will stay on the title until we hear something official from the estate or Sony.

1.Hold My Hand
2.Hollywood Tonight - released 11. january
3.Monster - released february 1st.
4. Behind the Mask - released february 22th
5. Another Day - released march 8th
6. Best of Joy released march 29th
7. Much too Soon released august 23th

Perfect :D :D :D

That would be beyound perfect.

SONY should do it like that!

Hollywood tonight is a perfect choice

Monster sounds dated like its bubble gum hip hop / RnB from 2003 - weak beat, lyrics and production.

The spoken word part is just 33 secondes.. If you cut it you still have 3'57'' for a radio edit...

Confirmed by who??? Not by sony....

If you actually read those articles you will see that billiejean.be is a fansite quoting thatgrapejuice.net, which quote allaccess.com as their source.

CONCLUSION: NOT CONFIRMED, JUST REHASHING GARBAGE.

Ok i hope we know more on the 11th of january :)

^ Well it's not long to wait now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back