Hollywood Tonight - Official Discussion Thread

Re: Hollywood Tonight *Threads Merged*

that is what he sings on the demo so that's where they probably got the lyrics :yes:

How do you know? Is a demo with these lyrics available? :wild:

I think they wrote those additional lyrics, like with "Monster"'s "And They Eat Your Soul Like A Vegetable" because he had written the lyrics like that, but never completed the songs and intentionally missed lyrics out to save his voice, thus the demos that they used weren't complete and "joined up the loose ends" to complete it. That being said, he sometimes did that when he toured.

How do you mean, when he toured? You mean he recorded during the tour?

a remix? interesting, id like a rap in it, or sumthing to replace the spking bits for a single version tbh, get this baby at number 1

It's pretty awesome! As far as the beatboxing, I read Teddy confirmed it is him doing it, yes baby!

When you talk about a remix I always think of the remixes in BOTDF- Is that what he may be doing?

Anyway, my kids were dancing to HT just Friday, and they LOVE IT!

Michael is the one doing the beatboxing? Then who is doing the whistling? I really like this song.

Re: Hollywood Tonight *Threads Merged*

I really love this song! It's so great! BUT: it is again very obvious and clear that MJ was not done at all making this song. I bet that if he would have put it on Invincible or something, that he would have added a bridge part and he would have added more strings, more MJ voice choires (which I miss on the entire album) and different instruments. But of course that is just my opinion. Still, I can hear through all the Sony @(*^$@ and realise it is a brilliant track! Yeah! who will claim to be miss hollywood first? :-D

It's my favourite on the album too. But I don't know how much it was arranged. You know Michael could have written those songs almost fully even if not recorded. I think it's pretty cool like that. Like you look very nice with so little make up so does Michael's songs.

Now, if I could only edit out the spoken part.....Has anyone tried that? I haven't read this entire thread, so if it's been done, let me know.... :)

It's pretty awesome! As far as the beatboxing, I read Teddy confirmed it is him doing it, yes baby!

When you talk about a remix I always think of the remixes in BOTDF- Is that what he may be doing?

Anyway, my kids were dancing to HT just Friday, and they LOVE IT!

No it doesnt necessarily mean remixes of this kind. Teddy has remixed MJ's tracks before for single releases.

Notebly are Remember The Time: (one of a few Teddy remixes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYjodQCqWaA

&

Jam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4DrPXnDE6E

Both these remixes are by Teddy. What I like is that he has gone back to the master tapes and essentially re-porduced the song with a different sound. Maybe adding new instruments or a new melody, rather than just putting a generic beat over the vocals.

I dont like it.

Its WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY overproduced and to teen 2010 poppish

2010 Teen Poppish? You mean like Taylor Swift? Who are we talking about here?

This song sounds nothing like 2010 pop, mainly because Michael Jackson is singing it.

I like the track, but MJ when he was older sang slower and more mid tempo songs better.

When he had to sing fast at a older age, he couldnt do it and still sound smooth like when he was younger.

hm but wasn't this probably recorded in 1999-2001 anyway? Or do you mean he was "older" then already?

Just on fast tracks for years, it wasn't as smooth as before. The slower and mid tempo songs he was still delivering. Invincible best tracks were

Butterflies, Whatever Happens, Break of Dawn, Heaven Can Wait, YRMW

Teddy is working on remix! I wonder if he is going to remove Taryl off the song! My 2 cents that he will!

Since some people here have so much contact with Teddy via Twitter, I wonder: Did anyone ask him if HE distorted Michael's voice the way it is on the song or if Michael already advised to do this himself? Not that it's a bad thing, I'm just curious about this.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/htuJawXUpK0?fs=1&amp;hl=fr_FR"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/htuJawXUpK0?fs=1&amp;hl=fr_FR" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I wish Teddy (or someone) WOULD remove Tarryl's voice. It lacks affect--no emotion. It's just....bleh. The rest of the song is cool.

^^ I agree....I know something had to be put there in place of a missing bridge, but the song is SO fun to dance to, then there's this drawn out spoken part....so it's a tad disappointing in that way...

^^ I agree....I know something had to be put there in place of a missing bridge, but the song is SO fun to dance to, then there's this drawn out spoken part....so it's a tad disappointing in that way...

Surely they could have made an instrumental bridge instead of a bridge with annoying talking

at first I didn't like so much the spoken part, but once I got used to it, I think it's kinda sexy. It puts more flavour to the song, imo, if you know what I mean :)

Back