Hollywood Tonight - Official Discussion Thread

Surely they could have made an instrumental bridge instead of a bridge with annoying talking

Yeah, that's true....or even a rap maybe (or maybe not lol)...I don't see the point of putting a spoken part in a DANCE song...It's like, when the song starts, you can't stop moving, and then bam, it's like a droid shutting down.....:( lol...it's still such a great song and has Mike's flavour all over it...the base, the guitar, the BEATBOXING throughout the whole song....it's just so cool

I have no idea of this, but I'm thinking perhaps Michael was the one that was going to do the spoken part, but maybe he never got the chance, so that is why Taryll is doing it? Could be though, Michael have some spoken parts in his previous songs. He liked that, cuz he knew his voice was that hot LOL.

I have no idea of this, but I'm thinking perhaps Michael was the one that was going to do the spoken part, but maybe he never got the chance, so that is why Taryll is doing it? Could be though, Michael have some spoken parts in his previous songs. He liked that, cuz he knew his voice was that hot LOL.

I had considered that too, but IF he did want to do a spoken part, I have a feeling that he wouldn't have done it as long as it turned out to be..But, in saying that, because it's such a heavy dance song, I don't think Michael would have wanted it interrupted with a spoken part that dampers any dancing....Taryll's part isn't terrible, I just find it's too long...You think he's gonna stop, then he starts again...lol....But, personally, I think it's just cuz the bridge wasn't complete, Mike didn't do any vocals for it, so Teddy just put that in himself..that's my thought...

I had considered that too, but IF he did want to do a spoken part, I have a feeling that he wouldn't have done it as long as it turned out to be..But, in saying that, because it's such a heavy dance song, I don't think Michael would have wanted it interrupted with a spoken part that dampers any dancing....Taryll's part isn't terrible, I just find it's too long...You think he's gonna stop, then he starts again...lol....But, personally, I think it's just cuz the bridge wasn't complete, Mike didn't do any vocals for it, so Teddy just put that in himself..that's my thought...

That could also be it. We will never know that, unfortunately... *sigh* But we're all happy we have Hollywood Tonight. Turn my volume all the way UP, you really feel the base, I love this song!!! I also heard the clip on the Ellen Show for the first time, and that was so awesome I could hardly wait to hear it in full lmao. That just rocked!!!:punk::):wub:

That could also be it. We will never know that, unfortunately... *sigh* But we're all happy we have Hollywood Tonight. Turn my volume all the way UP, you really feel the base, I love this song!!! I also heard the clip on the Ellen Show for the first time, and that was so awesome I could hardly wait to hear it in full lmao. That just rocked!!!:punk::):wub:

:punk: srsly, when I heard that clip and that's all we had to go with for the time being, I would listen like 10-15 times in a row, over and over again, it'd get me so pumped! lol...

:punk: srsly, when I heard that clip and that's all we had to go with for the time being, I would listen like 10-15 times in a row, over and over again, it'd get me so pumped! lol...

Same here, I think many did that lmao. AHHH, the greatest feeling in the world when you're that excited for something

I got shivers in some of the parts here.. you remind me of Michael so much.. ! Thanks for posting.. god bless you!

I got shivers in some of the parts here.. you remind me of Michael so much.. ! Thanks for posting.. god bless you!

God bless you too ,l am glad that you like it ,l feel proud and honored to be one of Michael Jackson's poeple ,l mean Michael is the king and we are his people :)

And we all want to go Michaelywood tonight.

If MJ was planning on doing the talking parts himself then i think that it would have been simular to the song Dangerous.

eapr3l.jpg
angel3r.gif

HAPPINESS IS .....
A NEW MICHAEL JACKSON ALBUM!!!!
LOVE IT!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

I'd have to say this is probably my favorite track on the album. I don't mind the rap part - I think it goes okay with the song.

this song HAS to be a single , just has to be .

could have a really cool animated special fx video and everything .

and that fact that teddy riley is remixing it , makes me think it WILL be the next single , and remix will be one of the extra tracks on the single ...

I would love to see Michael dance to this song and it may not be entirely impossible. Dangerous and HT have similar tempos. All you'd have to do is match the Dangerous choreography with HT! I would do it but I don't know how! lol....I think this would be cool to see.

I am really into this song! the beat-box is amazing! I love how he goes "trrrr" :heart: so hot!

Ladies, Is it just me.. Or does anyone else find the Beat boxing at the end incredibly sexy? :fear: :p

Ladies, Is it just me.. Or does anyone else find the Beat boxing at the end incredibly sexy? :fear: :p

He's very sexy when he beatboxes :naughty: Probably cuz he's so damn good at it..his talent turns me on...:ninja:

that kid is good!

btw, I too would give anything to see Michael rockin' it to this song...

is it just me or is the song too long? the part before the whistling is kinda repetitive.

that kid is good!

btw, I too would give anything to see Michael rockin' it to this song...

is it just me or is the song too long? the part before the whistling is kinda repetitive.

It's not too long for me.. The last part of the song is repetitive but that is because Michael didn't record more vocals.. I think if he is still here that he would add another verse before that last part. Teddy needed to do it like this and turned out amazing.. That is the problem with many other tracks... Michael recorded just one-two verses and chorus.. That's why they're planning a duet album.

I really, really dislike the opening choir section. It was clearly added in after his passing, Michael wouldn't have wanted it there. The second and third notes are simply pitched down versions of the first one, meaning it was probably an instrument rather than an actual choir like in Who Is It. Shame.

I really, really dislike the opening choir section. It was clearly added in after his passing, Michael wouldn't have wanted it there. The second and third notes are simply pitched down versions of the first one, meaning it was probably an instrument rather than an actual choir like in Who Is It. Shame.

And you know this how? MJ has done similar intro before...

And you know this how? MJ has done similar intro before...

Yes he has, but using an actual choir. The one used in this sounds way to amateur. He may have wanted it, but being a perfectionist would most likely want it to sound as authentic as possible.

Back