How is your offline support? Are your friends and family feeling your pain?

My Dad didn't know how to deal with me crying when he called to tell me, my friend can't understand how I can cry for someone I have never met.

I can't explan it to them. I have lost someone I love.

I did receive some txt messages and my little sis called. My mom called as well, more worrying about the concert than about Michael death. They don't understand why I can't stop crying..saying "but you didnt even know him". They just don't know how much love I felt and feel for him.

Yes, I do feel alone with my grief even though I know there are a lot of fellow fans around.....

My Dad didn't know how to deal with me crying when he called to tell me, my friend can't understand how I can cry for someone I have never met.

I can't explan it to them. I have lost someone I love.

I totally understand you. I feel like I've lost my best friend.

my family and best friends have been very supportive.
a lot of my friends have texted me and called me, but some of them are like: "huh, are you actually CRYING?" they will never understand. heck, even i can't understand how is that possible to have that kind of love for someone i've never actually known..

My sister was with me when I found out. She was very supportive. I had a panic attack and she held my hands and hugged me and stayed up late with me. Then my dad called me this morning to check if I was okay.

My mum let me have the day off school - my mum said she didn't know what all the fuss about celebrties dying was until today and how i reacted.
my friends al text me sme people thought i am silly but screw them

everyone that knows me said they instantly thought of me and they alllllllllllll everyone of my friends called me people at work knew i was hurt last night it was so hard but i had to be a man i was just goin to stay but michael never wants his fans to hurt he loved us and i will always always love michael and he will forever til my death be my idol.

My family, my friends, my colleagues are with me, they called me, they sent me messages, they phoned me, etc. It helps a lot. I've never ever thought it would mean so much. They understand me. At least, it feels good in these sad times.

may God bless us all with at least one whom we can turn to. i dont know there will ever be anyone who i could share this pain with. we can pray for one another. remember each other in our prayers. i think only God can handle this one.

I've had texts from friends and folk from work. Home alone, havent spoken to my parents ended up bursting into tears the morning when I phoned in sick cause my manager asked if it was to do with Michael Jackson.

Thats why I come on here because I know we're all going through the same hurt everyone else doesnt understand because they never loved him like we do.

My mum let me have the day off school - my mum said she didn't know what all the fuss about celebrties dying was until today and how i reacted.
my friends al text me sme people thought i am silly but screw them

i took today off too. called my boss last night and called off. maybe dont read text messages. those who really care and will support will call or come by maybe? the rest of them just really don't understand. try not to be mad at them tho unless they are being cruel towards you. some people cant get it. they arent made that way.

Some friends have been really supportive, texting and phoning me as soon as they found out to see how I was. Others have been really immature about the matter, saying inappropriate upsetting comments about MJ.

My mum is also really upset so she understands as does my dad. My sister doesn't get what the fuss is about though.

I have had wonderful support. I am in the UK temporarily but my mother is in Australia. I am worried for her, I spoke to her this morning and have never heard her cry like that. She is 6 years older than Michael and followed him from day one. She then passed that love of him on to me from my birth and I am just short of 30 years of being a fan. For us, we have lost a member of our family. He has always been there and always will be and we will grieve for many years to come.

This has reunited me with friends, ive made new friends and even friends who are not fans and dont understand my love for him have still stood by my side.

Mostly, my wonderful partner, who has recently become a fan through our relationship held me in his arms as i was wracked with grief and sobbing.

I cant believe this day has come - way before I ever thought - and I think i have a long way to go to work through all the stages of this grief.

My mother was extremelly supportive. She's the best. My father asked me "What do we do now?" I said keeping listening to the music like we've been doing. My brother was in total shock as well and advised me if turn everything off it it gets too much. I emailed my boyfriend about the news and he sent his condolences.

All in all, everyone is really supportive.

Everyone, live you life. You're only here once.

i really am glad to say i love all of you so much and i feel like im with family here now im beginin to get happy because i think. damn weeks before michaels concerts are gonna be the bomb and michael mania is gonna come back. but i honestly think this has made his legend as big as it would have ever been ever..... its not over keep michael in your heart...

and Brace yourselves because you aint seen nothin yet.
i love you family.

My dad broke the news to me and I refused to believe that, but then my brother and my mom came back after my mom picked my brother up from my home and I was shaking, breathing and then I cried, I kept telling them I want to be alone and a few hours later I decided to come home to them. My family understands that my brother was worried about the news broke he said "Uh-oh". My dad and I lower his flag half way, we lit a lantern beside the bird feeder and while inside we lit a candle. My parents' friends called my family heard the news and they were concerned about my pain, but I wonder if my old friends were the same thing.

absolutely not... my friends are making fun of me, my father hates him cuz of the child molesting story... only my aunt and grandmother understood me....

My dad was quite supportive.. he thought I was going to starting crying when we first heard about it on the news, and he was very kind.

My mother really suprised me though. When I told her, she burst into tears, and she's not even a fan of his.

I'm still finding this all hard to believe at the moment though.

Well, there are not a lot of my friends who know about my love for Michael, just that I "really like him". But well it was my friend who called me and told me, and today I've gotten loads of texts from my friends who either are m.j fans and are sad themselves or other friends who are concerned about me.

My family is really supportive. My mum stayed in my room yesterday until I cried myself to sleep, and it took a while. The phone has been ringing all day with relatives calling and wanting to talk to me, but I couldn't. But yes, they are really incredible. I really love them for their support.

Been lurking here for a while now.

What to say?

I've been weeping like an open sore for 12 hours straight now. I was actually attemping procreation when I heard the news and it made me stop in my tracks.

Devastated doesn't cover it. MJ is dead. Dead. DEAD. DEAD! He's dead.

Well yes my mom & my dad was feeling a little pain inside, when my mom come home for work thats when she was like "It's not ture" but then she here it on the radio, it was ture. But my dad first borke the news to me I was shocked to here that Micheal Jackson had gone I was crying & sadded about the lost. Of The King of Pop !!!

S.O.S,

Just like many of you...I got calls back to back....my mom was at work so she had my sister call to check up on me....colleagues, cousins, & friends,

and for those that feel some people who are around them don't get it...It be like that sometimes.....My cousin called me and the first thing out of her month was "Are you Crying" Its not what she said it is how she said it....

But you know what, that is what's special about this board....WE get it...He was/ IS so special to us....
We love you MICHAEL....we really do...and I believe he knew that....with ALL my heart...

I haven't even realised what has happened yet. I haven't cried because I can't believe it yet.
I think tomorrow will be the saddest day for me, when I finally really understand it.

I have one friend who's also MJ fan, she understands me of course because she feels the same. But otherwise I don't think my family understands me. They don't know how important Michael was to me.

The only one who sort of understood was my mum, she came and hugged me and she cried a little bit too. Nobody else around me really understands the pain I'm feeling, I do feel like a huge part of me has died and I feel empty. I've been crying on and off all day.

Back