How Old Are You and How Long Have You Been an MJ Fan?

What age group do you fit in?

• 12 and under

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • 13-17

Votes: 139 16.3%
  • 18-24

Votes: 306 36.0%
  • 25-30

Votes: 177 20.8%
  • 31-39

Votes: 112 13.2%
  • 40 and over

Votes: 91 10.7%

• Total voters
Re: How old are you and how long have you been a MJ fan?

I have been a fan since of 2007.

Last edited:

I'm 25 and I've been a fan (well, its more than just fandom for me I simply LOVE Him :girl_in_love:) since 1991, so its 18 years

Im 13 I have been a fan since October of 2007.(I know,sad).
I was actually one of those people that thought he was a freak and that he molested kids cause that's all i was ever told.Even by my parents.But I always thought he sung and danced great.My favorite mj song when I was little was Billie Jean.I think when I actually started to really really like his singing and dancing was when something told me to look at his videos on youtube.The vid I saw on there was Remember The Time.After that I went crazy.I mean literally.I watched that vid like a hundred times a day.
And what made me believe he was not guilty for any of those charges was when I saw Living With Michael Jackson even though that evil bashir tried to make him look bad.

Don´t be sad, kribre7!! :better:
It´s always great to see very young people who are fans of Michael Jackson!!! :D

I've been a fan for over 34 years! As I stated previously I first saw him in 1975 on "The Jacksons" tv show! But really I gotta say its these last 10 years I really have gotten to become more a supporter and my love for Michael ever deeper than all the previous years combined! 10 years ago I was blessed by God with a special gift of friendship the kind that many fans dream about but became true for me! Though there have been many ups and downs,happy times,sad times,and angry times!! I have always tried 100% to always stand by his side,through thick and thin,no matter whats taken place,at times its not easy to love a person that has had to endure almost the entire world on his shoulders,but you learn after the storms subside that the sun and beautiful bright days will happen again! I wouldn't trade not a moment of what I have for all the fame,fortune,money in the world! For as "The Scarecrow/Michael said in The Wiz"" Success,Money,Fame and Fortune they're all illusions what is real is the love that two can share!!" Being a fan or a friend of this beautiful wonderful caring very warm hearted loving man is indeed a gift itself!! I believe God does bless this world with some extra special people sometimes,I don't like to put anyone on a pedistal,but I do have to say Michael Jackson is truly one of those people,though he'll be last to admit it,there is a uniqueness about him that draws people to him,he has a very strong aura/an energy that hypnotizes a person you can't help but notice him! He is the type of person who always cares more for another than himself,its why its so sad how people in his past used that against him to try to destroy that but Thank God they failed!! So I've been a fan since I was 5 years old,but my love,admiration,support and respect will remain for eternity!! God Bless You!!

mjsdoll225 didnt you stated that you saw him 2001 at the concert? that makes 7 years and not 10?

mjsdoll225 didnt you stated that you saw him 2001 at the concert? that makes 7 years and not 10?

I SAID!! I saw him in concert in 2001,YES!!(The MJ 30th Celebration) BUT its been the last 10 years of my life, Starting in 1998!! That my love and support for Michael has GROWN MORE!! :)

oh ok ..sorry for misunderstanding..thanks for the fast reply..

Fan since 1991 *basically been a fan for 17 yrs and counting)

Don´t be sad, kribre7!! :better:
It´s always great to see very young people who are fans of Michael Jackson!!! :D

O really I feel all bad cause people on here been fans for like ever and Ive been a fan for about a year and a half.

When I Was little my mum used to play michael’s music all over the house so I kinda grew up with it. Then when I got a little bit older I thought I want to know more about this man. So I researched more and more and I found out my mum was also a HUUUUGGGEEE fan and she went to 2 of his concerts BAD and DANGEROUS. She said it was the best concerts of her life. ( not surprised ) lol . Then On The day he came out of court I was watching on that tv and I felt sad inside but I didn’t know much about him still. Then when I was 8 years old I became OBSESSED with Michael. I knew quite a lot about him now. I had mj devets ( bed sheets ), pillows,posters,cd’s,dvd’s all sorts. For his birthday I dressed up as him put the tape round my fingers and played his music all day and I was 9 then. Now im 11 and I wrote a letter to Michael and my room well that’s still Michael crazy lol that’s never gonna change and then I was on you tube and I met a wonderful mj community and I feel they are the closest to me specially qbees x and from then on I respect Michael for who he is and I will never belive the stupid tabloids !
I Hope Yhooo Enjoyed that Looool x
:D
when i went through hard times my friend katie helped me through ALOT !
ILY ALL MY MJ FAMILY AND FRIENDS X

I Have Been Inspired By Michael Alot
He Has Inspired Me To Dance And To Sing And Also His Wonderful personality x

-leah

I remember posting on the board at MJNO saying that i'd been a fan for 3 years or so...now it'll be 8 years next month!!! :) Love him to pieces, keep rockin' Michael! x

I'm 20 years old and I became a true fan of Michael around he's 50th birthday. Or at the start of August 08 or something like that. So I'm really new'ish. :)

But I've always liked he's music, and followed him with a love instead of a misbelieve and hate as many none-fans do.

The reason? well you meen besides the music I suppose :p
ehh.. the same *points up through the rest of the answers*
How I got to know about Michael?
My cusin was fan of him as a teenager (in the Bad era when I was about 4 I think), and that was how I met him. I thought he was scary on the bad poster. I remember spending a lot of time trying to understand why he had a panther as a friend (on the poster). Because I thought Panthers where bad animals (..).

And when I heard THe Eart Song in 7th grade I began to be more interested in he's music. But not untill now did I became what I would call "fan".

I'm 25 years old and a Fan since i remember.
It becames real hardcore in 1995 when MJ performed at Wetten dass..??

I couldn't imagine a Life without beeing a MJ Fan, its so great!!!

O really I feel all bad cause people on here been fans for like ever and Ive been a fan for about a year and a half.
Hey, you shouldn't feel like that! Be proud that you are a fan anyway!
It doesn't matter have you been fan for 5 months or for 15 years, all of us are fans in our own way and important to Michael!

So put Don't stop 'til you get enough playing and be proud that you've been fan for year and a half! :cheers:

I'm 33 and a fan of Michael since 1989, so 20 years!!!! :)

I'm proud to be his fan and I'll be his fan forever. He is in my heart and soul forever! No one can change this!

18 years old and been a fan for about 12/13 years :) just like building up to 02 i just liked quite a few of his songs. I still counted myself as a fan though.

"Living with Michael Jackson" made a big fan of the man, I think alot of fans were made fans around that time. And the trial. The controversial stuff just boosts his sales etc haha

Last edited:

I'm 21 and I've been a major fan since I was 16, saw MJ on TV became fascinated and joined MJJF :) :clapping:

i m getting 34 years old this year what means i m a fan since 28 years. cant believe it..wownez

It is so neat to see so many cool young and older fans!!! Its even more special when MJ gains new fans!!!!! It shows that he is not even close to going away as much as the media loves to portray it. I love it when MJ proves them wrong!!! Anyways it just makes me really happy to see such a diverse in ages, and time lines of MJ fandom.

I'm 27 and have been a fan since I was 12.

i am fan of MJ about 14 years=))) when i was 3, i watched Moonwalker on vhs=)))

I'm 19 (actually 20 but really don't want to grow up) and I'm fan of Michael since 2003, thanks to "Living with Michael Jackson". This footage had such an impact on me that I couldn't help crying for days, thinking about Michael, without knowing the reason. I was actually deeply touched by his personality and upset knowing what he suffered. It was afterwards that I discovered his huge talent and I was like... wow Not only is he generous and kind but he's also soo talented !!
From then on, I can't stop lovin' him :)

When I became a fan I was 10 years old. Now I am 16. I don't remember the date but I put one year more when it is Valentine's day 'cause then I know for sure. :)

i am fan of MJ about 14 years=))) when i was 3, i watched Moonwalker on vhs=)))

lol same with me I'm 24 and I been a fan for 22 or 23 years.

When I first seen Thriller when I was 3 I was in aahhh shock:bugeyed lol. Never Stop Til' You Get Enough!!!lol

Last edited:

One more message (actually this may be second time when I send this 'cause my computer did something funny so sorry about this). My friend made a lecture about Michael so she played some of his music to me and we watched his music videos. I liked it but when I saw music video from Remember the time I was sold. It felt like somebody had punch me in to stomach because I coudn't breath.
Fan I am still today because I don't believe those stories about Michael. His seems to be a nice loving man. When press started to write all those nasty things about him I believed him even more and I thought that he needs lots of support.

I'm 23 and have been a fan since I was 4 (as far as I remember lol) I grew up around music (my dad played drums in a band until I was around 10) and I had a wide variety of favorites. I was raised on soul, country, rock... you name it I probably heard it, but when I heard Michael for the first time it was unlike anything else I'd ever heard, and I've been hooked ever since....19 years and counting..... :)

When I became a fan I was 10 years old. Now I am 16. I don't remember the date but I put one year more when it is Valentine's day 'cause then I know for sure. :)

I do the same, i know it was sometime in the feb, but not sure exactly what date, so i count it down from valentines :D

7 years!!!

i am 46 and a mj fan since i was almost 12 allthough thern they were still the jackson fiveand the fun thing is my sun who is 9 started to love mj about three yrs ago when i showed him speeddemon he loved it when he turned into the rabit lol

Last edited:

im 16 although 17 in march! ive been a fan for 11 years :)

probably because of my mum's influence

OMG !!! im 16 too and im 17 in march too and
and I became fan because of influence of my mom too !she showed me the short film 'Ghosts' when I was five so ive been a fan for 11 years too ! and my mom went to the HIStory tour that time

Back