I believe 'Breaking News' lead vocals are not 100% MJ and I want to talk about it here

It does, if you don't want to support the album.

Your buying 7 MICHAEL JACKSON files.

Or you could just download it when it leaks in a week or two.

Exactly. :yes:

I wouldn't like to give the signal that anything labeled "Michael" will do. Buying the tracks where you hear Michael Jackson's lead vocals and letting the rest go would be the idea.

Having said that, I would really love to have a good old cd and the cover and everything, so I'm not sure what's going to happen when it hits the stores... Maybe I will just pray that suddenly everything's gonna be okay :smilerolleyes:

If I don't buy the actual album, I will settle for AAC files from iTunes lol

I respect all opinions. However, I have to note there's something extremely strange about the way Breaking News and Keep Your Head Up were mixed. When I tried removing the center channel (lead vocals) the lead vocals were much clearer than when I tried to extract the acapella. The vocals have been mixed into the background track, not into the center channel as they should be. Hold My Hand has some reverb in the background track but the lead vocal can still be isolated perfectly.

The snippet of Monster and the other Cascio tracks appear to be mixed normally with the vocals in the center channel. Still, I find it odd that BN and KYHU were mixed in an odd manner. Even stranger, "Bobby Ewing," supposedly an alias of James Porte, also sang a song called Exotic Dancer. That song is mixed in nearly the same way. It also resembles BN a bit with more vocals mixed in the background than the center channel.

How did the acapella of BN get released? I believe it was leaked?

It's just my opinion, but I think maybe they do not want us to have the acapella extracted from the full versions of BN and KYHU. hmm...

@Frankyboy, that's very interesting. Now I even more don't get why the other fans believe what they say so easily.

BTW since we are the group here who don't believe it's completely Mike, I'm curious: Do you like the track itself?

Honestly I was sooooooooo amazed when they put the first 30 second snippet online (up to the first "Ooooh!"), I thought OMG this sounds so great, Michael is back. I loved it!
And even the song itself (apart from the supposed impersonator vocals of course), I have to say I absolutely love it and to me it really seems it's a song Michael composed himself, I think it could be true for most of it.

aac is still not lossless, so why buy that shit.

I know it could be better :smilerolleyes: but don't know where to find better :unsure:

So if you find a place that sells MJ's music in better formats, please let me know :yes: Because all the online shops that I know that sell flac files, have basically just classical music/jazz/etc and most of the artists are rather unknown when comparing to Michael. :mello:

hm ok. Just curious, what does such a aac file cost? What will the 7 files from the album cost you all in all?

You can find the lossless wavs on CD as you probably know. I wouldn't ever buy a compressed music file. There are shops which only demand 10 Euro for it, but as stated here buying it would be supporting those supposed fake. It's a mess...

It's definitely a mess. :blink:

iTunes "standard" price is 1.29€, that's what most songs cost when bought separately. Not exactly a great deal..

All I can say is that this really sucks. I'm an old-fashioned girl, I like to buy cd's and I'd like to have the best quality.. :) And it would be great to run to the nearest music store to get "Michael" the day it's released.. :sigh:

I agree....I just wanted to say that is Michael himself didn't release it/endorse it/agree to it/promote it then I don't want it. Why should I believe Sony? Who tells me it is Michaels voice?

Ooh, so that makes three songs then: In The Closet, Got The Hots and You Rock My World all make cameos in Breaking News.

lol - cameos ;). It's true, the video is not 100% correct, but still contains interesting comparisons IMO...

BTW since we are the group here who don't believe it's completely Mike, I'm curious: Do you like the track itself?

Honestly I was sooooooooo amazed when they put the first 30 second snippet online (up to the first "Ooooh!"), I thought OMG this sounds so great, Michael is back. I loved it!
And even the song itself (apart from the supposed impersonator vocals of course), I have to say I absolutely love it and to me it really seems it's a song Michael composed himself, I think it could be true for most of it.

I like the song and listen to it often but because it's mostly not Michael's voice to me and it's some other guy, it's strange to listen to. I end up wishing it was 100% or even 70% Michael. Then it would have been great.

I like the song and listen to it often but because it's mostly not Michael's voice to me and it's some other guy, it's strange to listen to. I end up wishing it was 100% or even 70% Michael. Then it would have been great.

Same. Right now my "November playlist" starts with: Breaking News, Hold My Hand, Do You Know Where Your Children Are, Keep Your Head Up, and Much Too Soon in that order. And I do like BN & KYHU composition and production-wise.... but I don't hear Michael esp in the thin, fast vibrato, and if anything repeating listening makes it worse, not to mention mixing them in with obvious authentic vocals. I feel bad saying it, :ninja: but it is how I truly feel. :(

Same. Right now my "November playlist" starts with: Breaking News, Hold My Hand, Do You Know Where Your Children Are, Keep Your Head Up, and Much Too Soon in that order. And I do like BN & KYHU composition and production-wise.... but I don't hear Michael esp in the thin, fast vibrato, and if anything repeating listening makes it worse, not to mention mixing them in with obvious authentic vocals. I feel bad saying it, :ninja: but it is how I truly feel. :(

I agree with both of you....The other day, I had 'Breaking News' on my workout playlist, and I felt wrong :ninja: It's a good song....but I just don't hear enough of Mike in it to truly enjoy it....

I feel the same way at this point. :(

I feel the same. I once played Breaking News between Hold My Hand and Do You Know Where Your Children Are. That makes the bad quality of Breaking News vocals stand out. :(

I cannot convice myself to like Breaking News.

@Frankyboy, that's very interesting. Now I even more don't get why the other fans believe what they say so easily.

I'll send you a video about the mixing.

I thought the beat of the track is really nice. I found it hilarious that the guy says "Michael Jackson" so many times. :lol: I'm just disappointed because I don't believe it's MJ. (just my opinion) I am sure Jason Malachi is not James Porte (there is a photo of Porte/Bobby Ewing) but it's possible both of them collaborated for this song.

The hee hees are from ITC??? I don't think so. I tried changing the pitch of the heehees in the acapella and I could not make it sound like ITC without chipmunking. It's similar but not the same.

I'll send you a video about the mixing.

I thought the beat of the track is really nice. I found it hilarious that the guy says "Michael Jackson" so many times. :lol: I'm just disappointed because I don't believe it's MJ. (just my opinion) I am sure Jason Malachi is not James Porte (there is a photo of Porte/Bobby Ewing) but it's possible both of them collaborated for this song.

The hee hees are from ITC??? I don't think so. I tried changing the pitch of the heehees in the acapella and I could not make it sound like ITC without chipmunking. It's similar but not the same.

They are, there was a comparison video before, posted in this thread I believe, from either the huffingtonpost site, or dancing the dream. But the "hee hee's" are from In The Closet, whoever produced this song, edited the last "hee hee" so it's four instead of three.

5:12, it's the same "hee hee" that's present in Breaking News, the first one, it has the same vibrato and everything, just the tone is changed. The second one towards the end of the song, is also the same but it may be edited, as I said. Listen to around 2:40 of the BN acapella, and compare.

Also, if any of you listened to the acapella, the "Everybody wantin' a piece of Michael Jackson" parts, there's a whisper behind them repeating the same thing, if you listen closely. The whispers are absent from the parts that some believe is genuinely Michael. I just found that interesting and it leads me to believe Michael is the one whispering the vocals and someone else recorded and mixed over them.

Exactly, that's the downside of listening to it...

Finally found the analysis performed by 'Joy' on a French MJ forum. Thought some "ACTUAL" analysis might make a few folks at least reconsder their stance. You still there Smooth? The following is the translation:

comparative analysis of "Keep Your Head Up" and "Break of Dawn" by a scientific expert in signal processing and conclusions .
.by Taaj Malik on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 10:45pm.Brigitte Huguet November 14 at 1:25pm

IMPORTANT : comparative analysis of "Keep Your Head Up" and "Break of Dawn" by a scientific expert in signal processing and conclusions .

Good evening again everyone,This comparative analysis and its conclusions are published by 'JOY', a Michael's fan, on the MJFrance.com's website (French fans club), here below the translation :

'I entrusted the comparative analysis of ‘Keep Your Head Up’ and ‘Break of Dawn’ to a scientific expert in signal processing, its conclusions are follows: - Regarding ‘Keep your head up’, the cutoff frequency is (Very strange) to 11 khz while much of the energy Michael Jackson's voice was at frequencies between 12 and 14 Khz. - The characteristic spectral lines of Jackson's voice doesn’t found in ‘Keep your head up’. - This recording (‘keep your head up’) has the meaning of frequency term a rectangular form which suggests the possible use speech synthesizers. - We can not find anywhere rays at 7.5 khz, or lines at 5 khz, or lines at 12.5 khz or at 13.1 khz lines... characteristics of the true voice of Jackson. - Conversely, the frequencies appear at 4.1 kHz, at 8.5 kHz, at 10.2 kHz, at 12.2 kHz (even if it was very artificially vert attenuated) that the real Michael Jackson did not use.

This analysis was done using the method of 'FFT' (Hamming’s method, at 65.5 khz).

The conclusions are that 80% of risks that it isn’t Michael Jackson who sings on ‘Keep your head up’, and the idea suggestiving vocal synthesis, in addition to an imitator in the choruses, is quite plausible.'

French text at the link here below :http://www.mjfranceforum.com/index.php?topic=21331.msg609576#msg609576

For those who are not fully informed, 'Keep your head up' is in the tracklist of the posthum album. The track has been circulating on the net this weekend but was quickly removed. You can still listen tonight at this link : http://www.wat.tv/video/michael-jackson-keep-your-36q6d_35pjv_.htmland it should be tomorrow on the official website of Michael Jackson (ie Sony !!!!!).

Please, sign the petition (your signature will not in contradiction with the fact to boycott Sony. Your signature will be for a total respect of the artist, Michael Jackson, and his work. These are two parallel actions but differents) and share as widely as possible around the world. This petition is very important : http://www.petitions24.com/michael

- Frequency differences are irrefutable. And that is admissible in court.In fact, everything depends on the nature of the complaint if the complaint is that it is not that Michael sings at 100%, it will be wrong because there are ad-libs, the 'aouhh' ... and they may have put a small percentage of Michael in it. This analysis provides objective factors contributed to the understanding, but no definitive answer to 100%.We should deepen the tests by others. We need more experts discuss on several tracks (songs).

2/ There is nothing more credible than mathematical analysis. What it shows? It's as if Donald was singing the Barry White ... The voice in 'Keep your hand up' does not contain the same frequencies as the voice of Michael in 'Break of Dawn'. This is not the same voice, at 80%. It is likely that there are several voices on the track, and the idea of a vocal synthesis in addition explain the curve non-human.In all cases there is a fraud, imposture, fake.

Thanking you for your listening,

Peace and L.O.V.E.Brigitte

Wow. I have no words. Did you also post this in the section where people still think it's him? Also, was this test made for Breaking News, too?

Was B. Howard (who works with Teddy Riley) the real voice behind Breaking News?:

B. Howard....o_O Not another wannabe please! So over them! MJ voice is unquie no matter how hard they try! I can tell it's not MJ And his mannerism are hardly MJ! LOL

I think it is really him on KYHU cuz he says "say" instead of "says" when he sings "everybody say that time is borrowed"... And that's how he used to talk and write in real life..

-Dal

Back