If Michael isn't #1 in the UK...

It's a perfect album. Better than anything Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber has ever released! Actually Michael is better than anything Britney Spears has released too.

Bieber and Spears, yes. But Gaga is extremely talented if you look past the eccentricities (sound familiar?). There's a reason why MJ rated her, and I think she'll be the next big thing.

Bieber and Spears, yes. But Gaga is extremely talented if you look past the eccentricities (sound familiar?). There's a reason why MJ rated her, and I think she'll be the next big thing.

IMO Gaga is mighty overrated. Her music is not original, her image is not original.

No it's the exact contrary.
This product doesn't deserves to be a success because it contains three 100% fakes : the Cascios tracks.

I have the impression that the press starts to realize that Michael is not there anymore and it's not like it should be. It's just a question of respect.

That is YOUR opinion. You and your small group of people should stop talking like that is fact. Most of us at MJJC believe the opposite. I believe Sony, it is fact.

Aren't you guys bothered by how little promotion seems to be going on? What is happening? Hold my hand is barely registering in the US. Even the video is premering online and not on any channel - why is that?

"Michael" is up to #14 on amazon.com bestsellers and it's only in pre-ordered. Wait till it gets in the stores. It should hit #1 pretty quickly after that.

And wait till DJs start playing HT. This song alone is worth the buy.

BTW, which is the official thread that keeps tracks of the charts?

Will Michael Jackson be the biggest selling artist of CDs and DVDs of 2010 as he was in 2009?

This alone should earn him another Grammy.

---------

Aren't you guys bothered by how little promotion seems to be going on? What is happening? Hold my hand is barely registering in the US. Even the video is premering online and not on any channel - why is that?

The video premieres on BET tomorrow at 9PM.

I don't know if plans have changed, I was told on Monday that BET would premiere the video.

"Michael" is up to #14 on amazon.com bestsellers and it's only in pre-ordered. Wait till it gets in the stores. It should hit #1 pretty quickly after that.

And wait till DJs start playing HT. This song alone is worth the buy.

BTW, which is the official thread that keeps tracks of the charts?

Will Michael Jackson be the biggest selling artist of CDs and DVDs of 2010 as he was in 2009?

This alone should earn him another Grammy.

---------

If the album had been released a month or two ago then yes, MJ would have stood a chance of selling the most records this year. It may be too late for that now.

With regard to DVD's, I would be very surprised if he is NOT already the biggest selling for 2009. (wink)

Okay so can somebody fill me in

Who is MJ's main competition in the UK for the album? Is it Take That? And does MJ have a realistic chance at #1?

Okay so can somebody fill me in

Who is MJ's main competition in the UK for the album? Is it Take That? And does MJ have a realistic chance at #1?
Yeah, Take That. But there are no other major releases besides MJ on the 13th, so I think he has a good chance of getting number 1.

I thought I heard somewhere that Mj has already got a guareenteed christmas no.1 album just through presales. (shrugs shoulders)

Official chart wednesday midweek chart update: Hold My Hand at no.13

take that sold 176,000 this week. sales have dropped alot each weeks since it first first weeks huge sales. intresting to see what it does this week. could be a fight though toget the num one. although theres always the week after xmas sales that are always very queit so if it doesnt go in straight at number one theres still hope. i thought TII might have been shown on normal TV over xmas. would have been great promotion but i guess it wont be?

I cant see it not being number 1 next week, there isn't any competition really and Take That's album has been around for a few weeks already.

Michael will debut at #1 I think. It's #1 on all UK pre-order charts, Hold My Hand will also give the album some promotion.

I honestly can't say I'm bothered about the charts. I love the album, as I do all of them, and will continue to enjoy it wether it's #60 or #1 in the charts.

Both HIStory and Invincible sold between 110-120,000 copies in first week UK sales.

I'm expecting Michael will sell a similar amount. Whether it will be enough to dislodge Take That (urgh) I don't know...

Michael, according to Music week , will knock take that off with preorders alone!

The promo will now crank up, i think HMH video now will shoot the promo into top gear!!

Terry

Michael, according to Music week , will knock take that off with preorders alone!

The promo will now crank up, i think HMH video now will shoot the promo into top gear!!

Terry

Do you have a link xscape guy?

Cheers!

Terry

If true that is fantastic news!! :clapping::punk:

I soo hope MJ is number 1 all around the world again.

Some songs enter in top 10/20 then climb their way to #1. Don't worry. We can still get it. It just needs more promotion and the video can do just that.

I think that MICHAEL will definitively be Number One in UK, but I would like to see a number one single too.. And that will be much harder to achive..

^ Sony is expecting first week sales of MICHAEL in the UK to be in the 130,000 to 150,000 range while Take That's album will have fallen to around 90,000. So #1 is very likely.

Band made favourites for Christmas number one as new Take That tickets go on sale
Ahead of new Take That tickets going on sale tomorrow (December 10th) the band have been made favourites to have the number one album this Christmas.

However, they will have to see off a challenge from Michael Jackson.

Bookmakers William Hill have put Take That's Progress as favourites for the number one spot at 4/7.

However, Michael, the posthumous Michael Jackson album featuring previously unreleased material, is close behind at 7/4.

"It will take a very big name to knock Take That off the number one spot but Michael Jackson could do it from beyond the grave, assuming of course that it is Michael Jackson singing on the album," said William Hill's spokesman Rupert Adams.

The winner of this year's X Factor is still firm favourite for number one single this Christmas at 7/4.

Tomorrow (December 10th) sees tickets go on sale to a number of dates recently added to Take That's 2011 UK tour.

Posted by James Ford

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/News/Band-...e-as-new-Take-That-tickets-go-on-sale/_A-1335
------------------------------------------------------
What do you guys think of these?
Do you feel sale of the concert tix would boost their sales and make them xmas no 1
I really want MJ to debut on top,am crossing my fingers

Back