If Michael isn't #1 in the UK...

"It will take a very big name to knock Take That off the number one spot but Michael Jackson could do it from beyond the grave, assuming of course that it is Michael Jackson singing on the album," said William Hill's spokesman Rupert Adams.

It's exactly that kind of feeling that will damage sales of the new album, and a damn good reason why those 3 songs should have been left off, regardless of whether Sony and the Estate thought they were real. At the end of the day, this is the 1st posthumous MJ album. and it's public opinion that makes an album a success or not. Many people will not buy an album if their opinion is it could be fake. If this album is considered a flop then it certainly damages the prospects for future albums, so Sony should have been aiming to maximise sales of this one with great material, not watering it down with songs that would cause doubt.
I sure as hell wouldn't buy an album if I thought it wasn't 100% genuine.

^^The album should have come with a bang and sony/estate should have left all questionable tracks off the 1st posthumous release.I'll be extremely dissapointed if MICHAEL doesnt debut on top,am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

goes both ways. some will buy it out of intrest to see if it is mj. as they say no P.R is bad P.R not that i agree with that saying.

This is the internet age,I doubt many peóple would buy it just to see if MJ is actually on those tracks when they can download it easily on the internet.
I just hope this controversy does not affect it sales negatively.

It will go #1, It's already been certified GOLD on the first day of release in Holland, shifting 30,000 copies!

I'm ecstatic right now guys! I'm 13, nearly 14, and I've been telling ALL my friends about this album, and telling them to listen the snippets, and I've got all my friends ADDICTED to the whole Album! They especially love Hollywood Tonight and The way you love me, I'm just so happy that not just me but all my friends are also spreading the word of Michael and the L.O.V.E :D

I'm ecstatic right now guys! I'm 13, nearly 14, and I've been telling ALL my friends about this album, and telling them to listen the snippets, and I've got all my friends ADDICTED to the whole Album! They especially love Hollywood Tonight and The way you love me, I'm just so happy that not just me but all my friends are also spreading the word of Michael and the L.O.V.E :D

:clapping:Good for you, spread the LOVE:clapping:

It must be hard growing up as a Michael fan in the 21st century. Michael Jackson was the punchline of a joke more often than not and if you said you were a fan people would think you were joking. I know people who have been through that, but it's good that you have great friends to help you through it, and it seems you've turned them into casual fans as well which is amazing to hear. Thank you.

I read some very good reviews of the album in the train today :) Hope this will boost record sales even more, he's already nr 1 in Holland :)

VCBMJF, thank you very much, it makes me happy to know I am helping to keep Michael Jackson alive in everyone's hearts, along with you and all other fans :)

KMJ, I understand totally what you are saying! It still happens now, I must say. But the sad thing is it is actually his death that seems to have stopped the jokes 90% and made people realise that he was a living legend - The King of Entertainment in my opinion. It is wonderful of course that he does have the respect he deserves now, but it is such a shame that he isn't around to see it. People were so ignorant when he was around. They took him for granted.

KMJ, I understand totally what you are saying! It still happens now, I must say. But the sad thing is it is actually his death that seems to have stopped the jokes 90% and made people realise that he was a living legend - The King of Entertainment in my opinion. It is wonderful of course that he does have the respect he deserves now, but it is such a shame that he isn't around to see it. People were so ignorant when he was around. They took him for granted.

Hopefully, Michael will be remembered for the music. This is likely to happen with people like you doing simple yet effective things to get Michael a good name.

^^^ Thanks so much for telling your friend about the album,this would ensure his legacy continues and please encourage them to buy the album,we want to make sure ''michael'' debut on top worldwide.Keep up the good work.

Just so everyone knows, MICHAEL is #1 (or has been #1 in the past few hours) on i-tunes in:

-Australia
-France
-Belgium
-Germany
-Austria
-Denmark
-Italy
-Switzerland
-Sweden
-Netherlands

KingMike, Thank you so much, it means a lot to know I am doing something to help :)

Thanks LukeNo.1MJFan for bringing some more L.O.V.E. to the community and the world, I can feel it
flower.jpg

Just so everyone knows, MICHAEL is #1 (or has been #1 in the past few hours) on i-tunes in:

-Australia
-France
-Belgium
-Germany
-Austria
-Denmark
-Italy
-Switzerland
-Sweden
-Netherlands

yea, i made a tread about this!!! :D awsome!!!!

-Australia
-France
-Belgium
-Germany
-Austria
-Denmark
-Italy
-Switzerland
-Sweden
-Netherlands

Thanks for the info. Do you know where it is on the Polish chart?

smooth_criminal05;3127467 said:

-Australia
-France
-Belgium
-Germany
-Austria
-Denmark
-Italy
-Switzerland
-Sweden
-Netherlands

That’s fantastic. Europe loves Michael, I hope the UK will follow

Number 1 on HMV chart and it hasn't even been released yet, that's reached number 1 on pre-orders only which is amazing.

OMG! Number One in HMV already?!

That's AMAZING!! I can't wait. I'm getting mine on Monday :) :wub:

dupsy;3126627 said:
This is the internet age,I doubt many peóple would buy it just to see if MJ is actually on those tracks when they can download it easily on the internet.
I just hope this controversy does not affect it sales negatively.

then its down to fans and their boycots then cause going by that anyone who isnt really a fan will just download it for free anyway.

Saw 'Michael' in HMV today - havent bought it yet as wanted to wait till mid week as wasnt sure if it would count for the charts if bought it today - but it was VERY hard to walk away I had to close my eyes as I walked past - that was interesting let me tell you :lol:
Saying that though I have ordered it from sony and Itunes already! he he, so hopefully will have them asap

Saw 'Michael' in HMV today - havent bought it yet as wanted to wait till mid week as wasnt sure if it would count for the charts if bought it today - but it was VERY hard to walk away I had to close my eyes as I walked past - that was interesting let me tell you :lol:
Saying that though I have ordered it from sony and Itunes already! he he, so hopefully will have them asap

Why is the album avaliable today?

That hurt sales/charts.

Sony is the stupidest company in the world.

Back