If you could get MJ to cover ANY SONG

Gunther - ding ding dong

No, just kidding :D

James Brown - Papa's Got a Brand New Bag
The Isley Brothers - Twist and Shout
The Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself

Oooh I have another...Try a little tenderness, that'd be awesome!

Canned Heat ~ Jamiroquai
Best Beat In Town ~ Switch
Queen Of My Heart ~ DeBarge

I would love to hear...

Nice and Slow- Usher
Christmas Song- Nat King Cole (X-Mas in August why not? LOL)
Nothing Compares 2 U- Sinead O'Connor
Tell Me All About it-Laura Fygi and Michael Frank
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTn-tUfAK7M

I can picture him singing "Tell Me All About It" with Diana Ross, just b/c they have good chemistry on stage.

How bout him covering Janet's Thats the way love goes?...hmmm

I would like to hear his version of Beautiful Stranger...I think he would do it better than Madonna.

controvesry or billy jack bitch by prince
It wouldn't make any sense for Mike to sing that, since it was about a specific person, a reporter from Minneapolis who tended to trash Prince. I think her name was Cynthia Johnson or something like that. It's like another act remaking DS from Michael.

sure - but it's still a kick ass song and i'd love to hear mike sing it. it's a musical wish not a lyrical one. besides it's not like mike couldn't apply the abuse to a journo say diane sawyer for example :)

sure - but it's still a kick ass song and i'd love to hear mike sing it. it's a musical wish not a lyrical one. besides it's not like mike couldn't apply the abuse to a journo say diane sawyer for example :)
I guess he could take out the initials "CJ" that Prince mentions in the song and substitute it with someone else's name, lol

omgomgomgomg i wish wish wish so hard he would cover come together, it's a beatles song, in case you guys didn't know. i think if mike sings with his angry voice and like maybe make it into a short film tacked on at the end of a longer film and he could wear like a yellow shirt ripped with a white tee inside, it would be E P I C.

Well here you go!
:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaZzZactGQU

MJ was always a fan of "Owner Of A Lonely Heart" by Yes. I think that would have been a great cover song to do.

"Careless Whisper" by George Michael would have been great too

Hotel California. I want him to stick it to the Eagles. :ph34r:

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air

Some Queen songs like "Another One Bites the Dust."

I got one!!
*It Wasn't Me* by Shaggy!!

I would have loved to hear Stand by me.

This is an awesome thread!! Love all the above suggestions.

I think he could have made so many songs better. I LOVE what he did with Place Without No Name - not that it was a cover as such...more a variation to the original.

Also he totally rocked Come Together!

I would like to hear him do Boogie Wonderland. Cats In The Cradle by Cat Stevens. Also Tragedy and To Love Somebody by the Bee Gees. Flash, Bohemien Rhapsody and Somebody To Love by Queen. Everything I Do by Bryan Adams.

I would have loved to see him cover "Run" by Snow Patrol.

I'll sing it one last time for you, but then we really have to go. You've been the only thing that's right... To think I might not see those eyes makes it so hard not to cry...

And also:

- What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
- Singin' in the Rain - Gene Kelly (he's a fan of Gene iirc)
- I Feel Good - James Brown
- Ain't no mountain high enough - The Temptations

I did it my way- Frank Sinatra :D
Ooorrr Mr Bojangles By Sammi Davis Jnr

I'm telling you-Jennifer Holliday...That would be interesting.

How about Something Stupid by Sinatra...if he sang it like he sang Speechless, I can only imagine how beautiful that would sound

But also I was just thinking I'd love to hear him sing How do You Sleep by Jesse McCartney....MJ would kill that song

What goes around comes around. He would have been perfect.

This question is so good i cant even name a song!

i dont know i always thought Michael was way too personal, i have no idea, i'll think a little and ill say it later

Ok but do not kill me, i always thought of Stranged by Guns N Roses. dont like the band a lot but some of their song are very very good. i would have love to see Michael singing that one

Also Solitary Man from i think the autor is Neil Diamond but im not sure i heard it from him but also by Johnny Cash

Back