'Invincible' is Incredible.

I've just finished listening to 'Invincible' again, and yes, it is an amazing album! :D Michael's vocals are incredible; better than ever before - he was clearly having more vocal coaching before it was recorded. Although it is not my favourite album, it again shows how Michael still 'had it' back in 2001 when people were beginning to call him a has-been.

I just wish that this album had been promoted more cleverly - I know there was quite a lot of hype in the USA, but over here in the UK I don't remember there being very much promotion at all. There were different coloured posters in the music shops, but that's all I really saw.

Oh, I totally agree. I absoloutley love Invincible. I find it really difficult to pick a song from the album that's my favourite, there's too many to choose from! :)

I LOVE Invincible! For a long time after Michael's death, it was the one Michael album that made me feel close to him, and listening to it gave me a sense of peace.

I couldn't choose just one favourite! My list of favourites on the album would be Unbreakable, Heartbreaker, Invincible, You Rock My World, SPEECHLESS, You Are My Life, Cry and The Lost Children.
Heartbreaker is the BEST song to get ready for a night out with!! It gets me so upbeat!

Ahhh I love Invincible! I could talk about it all day!

oh it's so great to see the love for my favorite MJ album!! :D

and Emerald you're right... it's such an emotional album, it makes me feel close to him as well... you're so right! I think that's the reason I love it so much. it's a very personal album...

Casey, i totally agree! it has always been my personal favourite, i think that each song is so great, and as someone said, its all in the melody. we know how mike thought that the melody of the song is really important, and in songs like heaven can wait, you rock my world and butterflies you can really hear that. it has such a wide range of songs (like in all of his albums lol) but theres something about this one that really touches me.

songs like dont walk away, heaven can wait, whatever happens really makes me cry now when i listen to them. they are so beautiful, and i mean, all his slower songs on this album is amazing!

butterflies is my personal favourite. that falsetto...mmm it gives me goose-bumps everytime :wub: i'm actually thinking of getting a tattoo of the logo of his single for butterflies. it is so beautiful, and michael designed it himself. :yes:

I think its sony fault that it was not appreciated as it should have been because they didnt advertise it.
I love it most people who give it the time of day do You are my life, Unbreakable,Speechless,Cry, You rocked my world and The lost children are my favourites :). Personally its one of my favourites and like alot of thigs in MJ's life if it was portrayed as it is, it could have ad should have sold ALOT more than it did. Also people say invincible ONLY sold 11 Million (before his death), but as a matter of fact its good compared to all artists of todays. Lets face the facts Invincibles album sales would never have been anywhere near Thriller because of programmes like Limewire and megaupload if people didnt find it so easy to get these songs free of charge it could have and would have sold way more

Last edited:
I think invincible is my favourite album, then off the wall, but it is so hard to say because every album has a different new amazing sound to it, i think thats what i love about his music so much!

i also think that michaels vocal ability is the best in this album. (i dont mean that he is bad at singing in the other albums) he sings in so many different ways, compare 2000 watts and butterflies for example lol. i just love his voice in this album, it seems alot more mature and yeah.. i cant really explain it lol

yep i also love invincible, i hope we will see dance routines to some of the songs on it as they have amazing beats > the complete album is amazing in my opinion

It was never promoted right so people didnt hear it or see any music videos for some of the songs so people didnt buy it, people just listed to reviews and other people so stayed back and just accepted mike had lost it but when in fact he was still at his best, invincible feels soo modern and i could totally hear some of the songs played on a dance floor today.

I got the album when it was released and was blown away and was trying to urge people to listen to it, people would say o that isnt a good album but they had never heard it so hopfully TII will highlight it and people will hear it and know he truely never lost the magic

Invincible was supposed to be MJ's last album. His final touch to his craft in music.

He did not want to tour, but he had so many ideas for videos. Unbreakable was MJ's short film project number one, and Sony made sure he did not get to do it. They knew it was a hit and they knew MJ's idea for a short film would boost the album.

They forced him to do videos he did not want to do, and they denied him the opportunity to perform the songs.

I quote MJ here. "Great art never dies"

Probably the smartest thing he ever said:)

He did with this album all that he had not done before, and he taught the music industry how to create an album for the 21th century. After Invincible ALL artists focus on production now when making an album.

Many don't know this but MJ set the standard once again with Invincible. This time with sound.

History will judge Invincible for what it is, a masterpiece.

Invincible was supposed to be MJ's last album. His final touch to his craft in music.

He did not want to tour, but he had so many ideas for videos. Unbreakable was MJ's short film project number one, and Sony made sure he did not get to do it. They knew it was a hit and they knew MJ's idea for a short film would boost the album.

They forced him to do videos he did not want to do, and they denied him the opportunity to perform the songs.

He did with this album all that he had not done before, and he taught the music industry how to create an album for the 21th century. After Invincible ALL artists focus on production now when making an album.

Many don't know this but MJ set the standard once again with Invincible. This time with sound.

amen to that!

Great post K.O.S, I completely agree. :)

I love invincible as well. To me it was a continuation of Dangerous and MJ making songs for his fans again. History and Blood on the Dance Floor, IMO, were MJ venting out his anger and his feelings at the time.

Vince is one of my all time favorite albums too.

Love it.

God.. Michaels albums are all so different and all so great. Every song is incredible. I think it is hard to find an artist who has had so many GREAT albums over a long period of time like Michael.
My 7 favourite albums of all time span from 1979-2001 :wub:
Yes his music did change over the years! and I love everything about it. :)

do y'all think that music journalists are sheep? do you think it's a subconscious thing for them? I mean, back when this album came out, I remember thinking how easily they fell into lock-step with Sony's desire to run this album down. it's amazing to me how MUCH they derided this album. how MUCH they did not understand exactly where Mike was in his musical evolution. they called it "listless", "soulless"... etc. it's really amazing to me that we could see something they refused to. 12 million is not a small figure by any means. it really makes me think of some sort of... collusion.

I always here that Invincible was too long. I really don't understand that criticism. It was 77 minutes long...I had no problem devoting that time to listening to the full album...and I was 11 yrs old!! What is there to cut from it??
The studios wouldn't dare touch the 3 singles, as they charted.
Unbreakable, a song about how Michael persevered through accusation and hate??
or maybe You Are My Life..a testament to his love and devotion to his children??
or perhaps Lost Children...a cry of help for the missing and neglected children in the world??
But why cut from anything??
This album was the look into the soul of Michael Jackson; something the public needed to see...but of course upset the 'haters' of the media.
It had nothing to do with time.

I don't understand why people think that it was too long. If you are buying the CD don't you wanna get your moneys worth?! Plus every song on the CD is absolutely amazing, what in the world could they possibly want to cut?!

I think that Invincible is an album that many people will go back to now after his death and be like "Wow, this is truly a great album."

I absolutely agree with this.
I think people will definitely come to appreciate Invincible more over the next years to come and it will become a classic. It's just another masterpiece that Michael created and should get acknowledged just as much as his others. I just can't believe this album is considered a "flop." It sold better than albums are able to sell these days. That says a lot...

I really do think people will catch on and learn to love this album. I loved it instantly, it certainly didn't take me long. :D

It was so frustrating trying to find the CD. It must be it's hardly distributed to stores anymore? Such a shame. I had to make several trips to Wal-mart and Target, but then I found it for $7! The best $7 I have spent in a long, long time!

I think who said that "Invincible" is not a good album, sure this person is completely crazy. lol! The artists are well, they have to evolve, reinvent always show something different and innovative for the world. That's what happened in this album. I love this album and never get tired of hearing it. Michael is in a voice so strong and yet so sweet. So many beautiful songs that you can not choose the "favorite song". I am fascinated by the song "Unbreakable", it all fascinates me, the lyrics, the rhythm, the voice of Michael and I always wondered how this would be live song. The name of this album already says that Michael is: "Invincible" in every way!

It was so frustrating trying to find the CD. It must be it's hardly distributed to stores anymore? Such a shame. I had to make several trips to Wal-mart and Target, but then I found it for $7! The best $7 I have spent in a long, long time!

I hardly ever see it in stores either (actually I don't think I've seen it once). The stores don't seem to carry his HIStory album either. :( You'd think they'd have all the Michael Jackson albums at this point. You know, any way they can cash in.

The only albums I have seen in a store were a TON of J5 and Jackson CDs, hit One, Essential Michael Jackson, Thriller, Thriller 25, Bad, and Dangerous...

The only albums I have seen in a store were a TON of J5 and Jackson CDs, hit One, Essential Michael Jackson, Thriller, Thriller 25, Bad, and Dangerous...

little off topic but, is it only me that puts ALL of michaels cds infront of other artists cds whenever i am in a record store ? :lol:

and one thing about invincible. i really didnt know it was a song on there called threatened? beacuse when i *ahem* downloaded *ahem* that album ages ago it didnt have that song included, but now when i listen to the album on spotify that song is there. i was like WTF when i first heard it, beacuse i thought it was a new released song :lol:

So I have been looking for the Invincible CD and just recently found it. I heard so many people talk about how it wasn't very good, or Michael could have done so much better on it but I absolutely love it.

It's true that it was unlike anything he had done before. His music was evolving, just like the industry evolves. You have to change with the times, because your fan base changes. Their expectations stay the same, but yet they expect different 'sounds' from you. They want the same quality and level of music though.

Mike fully succeeded at doing this with Invincible. I think that if Michael didn't carry such a 'stereotype' with his music, it would have been so much more widely received by all different types of people. It honestly sounds like music that I would hear on the radio, and really really jam out to even now. I think some people who weren't familiar with Mike, if they were to hear it they would love it, until they found out that it was Mike.

It makes me hurt even more, knowing what could have been. He truly was an amazing musician and artist. He was evolving with music, and he really REALLY could have made a huge comeback with a CD that everyone would love. His work on Invincible just proves how his sound was changing and transforming. It is probably my favorite CD that he has ever put out.

What do ya'll think??

I love this album I can't get enough of listening to it. I am playing it now I have it on repeat. Break of dawn, Speechless, Don't Walk Away, The Lost Children all my favourites oh heck I love them all.

Julia

So I was listening to Invincible on my way to school again today (what's new? LOL) and I was listening to Butterflies. Is Brandy a backup singer on that track? I still can't see in the album liner where she is actually mentioned working on a song, but yet she is on the page that tells what record labels the guests on the album are from.

Hmm...anyone know? This is drivin' me nuts for some reason!

um.....this one give "fresh" and i think it's new of his style.
That's good, Music will not stand at same point forever,
it will change with time.
Inside it, my fav are "Whatever happens", "Heaven can wait" and "You rock my world"
so awesome^^

Back