'Invincible' is Incredible.

strawberrypie999

Proud Member
So I have been looking for the Invincible CD and just recently found it. I heard so many people talk about how it wasn't very good, or Michael could have done so much better on it but I absolutely love it.

It's true that it was unlike anything he had done before. His music was evolving, just like the industry evolves. You have to change with the times, because your fan base changes. Their expectations stay the same, but yet they expect different 'sounds' from you. They want the same quality and level of music though.

Mike fully succeeded at doing this with Invincible. I think that if Michael didn't carry such a 'stereotype' with his music, it would have been so much more widely received by all different types of people. It honestly sounds like music that I would hear on the radio, and really really jam out to even now. I think some people who weren't familiar with Mike, if they were to hear it they would love it, until they found out that it was Mike.

It makes me hurt even more, knowing what could have been. He truly was an amazing musician and artist. He was evolving with music, and he really REALLY could have made a huge comeback with a CD that everyone would love. His work on Invincible just proves how his sound was changing and transforming. It is probably my favorite CD that he has ever put out.

What do ya'll think??

I just bought it at WalMart. :yes:
It really is incredibe. I love it so much.

its not an album i'd pick off his others, but it really did not get the respect it deserved that's for sure, it has great, great ballads. its sad that his later albums keep getting compared to thriller, when he still sells more than any modern artist!!! or that people sometimes fans, forget that Off the Wall was also an amazing album before Thriller.

Invincible is my favorite album...there is just something about it. It's like...funky and hip...yet it is so classically Michael. It's got all the best elements rolled in to one.

or that people sometimes fans, forget that Off the Wall was also an amazing album before Thriller.

Off The Wall is MY album! haha. My absolute favorite for sure. I love Off The Wall. I hate the fact that it's not as acknowledged. Michael has other albums that are better than Thriller in my opinion. It's an amazing album, don't get me wrong, but I'd chose an album like Dangerous over Thriller anyday.

I really love it too. Probably my 3rd favorite album. Unbreakable and You Rock My World are awesome tracks. It would have been interesting to see what more he could have brought to the album though if Sony hadn't screwed him over.

Off The Wall is MY album! haha. My absolute favorite for sure. I love Off The Wall. I hate the fact that it's not as acknowledged. Michael has other albums that are better than Thriller in my opinion. It's an amazing album, don't get me wrong, but I'd chose an album like Dangerous over Thriller anyday.

Off The Wall is one of my favorites too. It should have been like Thriller. BIG!!

I just got Invincible too, and I do love it.

My favorites off of Invincible by far are You Are My Life and The Lost Children.

Seriously, I feel like Michael is so raw when he is singing those. Like, he has never meant a song more than those. I feel like You Are My Life is totally for Prince, Paris and Blanket...and The Lost Children, no one would ever think to write or sing a song like that but Michael. It is such a 'Michael' song... :)

So I have been looking for the Invincible CD and just recently found it. I heard so many people talk about how it wasn't very good, or Michael could have done so much better on it but I absolutely love it.

It's true that it was unlike anything he had done before. His music was evolving, just like the industry evolves. You have to change with the times, because your fan base changes. Their expectations stay the same, but yet they expect different 'sounds' from you. They want the same quality and level of music though.

Mike fully succeeded at doing this with Invincible. I think that if Michael didn't carry such a 'stereotype' with his music, it would have been so much more widely received by all different types of people. It honestly sounds like music that I would hear on the radio, and really really jam out to even now. I think some people who weren't familiar with Mike, if they were to hear it they would love it, until they found out that it was Mike.

It makes me hurt even more, knowing what could have been. He truly was an amazing musician and artist. He was evolving with music, and he really REALLY could have made a huge comeback with a CD that everyone would love. His work on Invincible just proves how his sound was changing and transforming. It is probably my favorite CD that he has ever put out.

What do ya'll think??

I completely concur. it's very nice to meet another Invincible fan :)

my favorites are Speechless, Privacy, Don't Walk Away, and Break of Dawn.

aw heck, I love ALL of the songs! :love:

The Lost Children, no one would ever think to write or sing a song like that but Michael. It is such a 'Michael' song... :)

I absolutely agree. I always say that about The Lost Children and Tabloid Junkie for some reason. They seem like songs that only Michael would write.

You Are My Life is beautiful and I cried the first few times I listened to it after his death. I really feel for those children, I really do.

Does anybody like Don't Walk Away? Nobody ever talks about this song and it's one of my favorites on Invincible!

I personally love whatever happens, unbreakable, cry, you rock my world, and butterflies the most.

Mmmm can I just say the whole CD is amazing?

Don't Walk Away...is okay...I need to go listen to it again and let you know what I think! LOL I don't remember it very well..hmm..

OH OH 2000 Watts...when I first heard that I was like 'Who in the HELL is singing this!? It CANT be Mike!!"

2000 Watts was just crazy to hear for the first time. I kept waiting to hear Michael because I thought it was someone else singing with him! LOL

OMG I forgot about Whatever Happens...Michael & Carlos Santana :heart:

It's too cute at the end where he is like "Thanks Mike" and then he's like 'Thank YOU Carlos" Aww :) LOL

Invincible is truly perfection...just like all of his other albums! I really can't pick a fave of his albums...they are all equally astounding to me, flat out. Invincible definitely should have gotten more attention than it did but it was released during all that crap with Sony so they did what they could to ruin it for him. A shame indeed... but no matter. Nobody needs good reviews to realize themselves the magnificence that Invincible was.

Dont Walk Away makes me too sad. I'm not sure why though...

In the thank yous and credits in the back of the album insert it says 'Brandy appears courtesy of atlantic records' What did she help out on??

I think that Invincible is an album that many people will go back to now after his death and be like "Wow, this is truly a great album."
For me this is a timeless album, and it contains one of my favourite MJ songs ever; "Heaven Can Wait".

Being the sound fetishist that I am, I always try to get people to really focus on the strings orchestra in "Don't Walk Away". It's truly world class. Like the diminuendo (decreasing strings) 1:35-1:40 in the song, and especially the string orchestra 1:49-2:10 and 2:37-2:57 in the song.
A thing I often do is to fall sleep while listening to music and I remembering waking up from my sleep one night while "Don't Walk Away" was playing, and I'm a bit of an emotional person but it was like waking up IN a dream world with those strings playing and Michael singing that it brought tears in my eyes.

I really recommend you guys to at least once listen to this album (and other albums) with good ear phones, especially those in-ear that blocks out unwanted sound. When you listen to music with ear phones you discover so much stuff in the music, it's incredible.
Ear phones + a dark room + lying in bed = Golden

i totally agree, Invincible was never acknowledged for the great piece of art it is, its truly awesome and is my fave, Thriller was awesome too when it was released which is why it is still the biggest selling ever but its dated where as Invincible is so now even though its a few years old now.
I can't listen to speechless and you are my world without breaking down. MJ had the ability to write about anything and make it a beautiful song. how did he do that? amazing just amazing.
love you Mike

My favorites off of Invincible by far are You Are My Life and The Lost Children.

Seriously, I feel like Michael is so raw when he is singing those. Like, he has never meant a song more than those. I feel like You Are My Life is totally for Prince, Paris and Blanket...and The Lost Children, no one would ever think to write or sing a song like that but Michael. It is such a 'Michael' song... :)

i agree! i was planning to get the album earlier but it's no where to be found in my area.will search again soon.requested the CD store to update their stocks asap.lol.

i love the lost children too,i've been listening to it millions of times now.

Invincible is awesome. I've been listening to it for so long and I just love it. I love Unbreakable, Heartbreaker, Invincible, Speechless, Butterflies, You Rock My World, 2000 Watts, Whatever Happens and Threatened. I couldn't be happier with the album really. It's a masterpiece and has Michael's unique sound in it. It is different than his other albums, but it still got the MJ element in it. When you hear the melodies, you say they're MJ's.

2000 Watts was just crazy to hear for the first time. I kept waiting to hear Michael because I thought it was someone else singing with him! LOL

LOL when I first heard it I thought the same thing! I was like 'who is this guy singing on Michael's album!?'

Anyway, I love Invincible. I've been listening to it a lot lately. I love Unbreakable, Whatever Happens and Speechless.

It's sad that Michael was constantly being compared to Thriller. They didn't just compare the quality but the success as well. It's like anything Michael put out that didn't sell more than 104 million was a 'flop' :smilerolleyes: I think Invincible sold around 12 million, and that wasn't deemed a success. And yet Justin Timberlake or Eminem sell 5 million copies of an album and they are hits -_-

Invincible was the first studio album of Michael's I ever bought. I loved it.
His vocal range on the album is absolutely incredible. From the amazing falsetto in Butterflies to the deepness of 2000 Watts. My favourite from this album would have to be..... All of them haha. Except for Heartbreaker and to some extent Invincible. The rest are great pieces of work.

Me too!! Dangerous is my favourite album although I love all his albums.
So I like invincible too but Dangerous and Bad are my favourite.

I really recommend you guys to at least once listen to this album (and other albums) with good ear phones, especially those in-ear that blocks out unwanted sound. When you listen to music with ear phones you discover so much stuff in the music, it's incredible.

So true!!!

Last edited:
I think that Invincible is an album that many people will go back to now after his death and be like "Wow, this is truly a great album."
For me this is a timeless album, and it contains one of my favourite MJ songs ever; "Heaven Can Wait".

Being the sound fetishist that I am, I always try to get people to really focus on the strings orchestra in "Don't Walk Away". It's truly world class. Like the diminuendo (decreasing strings) 1:35-1:40 in the song, and especially the string orchestra 1:49-2:10 and 2:37-2:57 in the song.
A thing I often do is to fall sleep while listening to music and I remembering waking up from my sleep one night while "Don't Walk Away" was playing, and I'm a bit of an emotional person but it was like waking up IN a dream world with those strings playing and Michael singing that it brought tears in my eyes.

Ear phones + a dark room + lying in bed = Golden

absolutely :)

i totally agree, Invincible was never acknowledged for the great piece of art it is, its truly awesome and is my fave, Thriller was awesome too when it was released which is why it is still the biggest selling ever but its dated where as Invincible is so now even though its a few years old now.
I can't listen to speechless and you are my world without breaking down. MJ had the ability to write about anything and make it a beautiful song. how did he do that? amazing just amazing.
love you Mike

it's the melodies :love:

to him, melody was everything...

Back