Invincible Voted As Best Album In 2000's Decade: Billboard Readers

^^I love 2000watts. It sounds like any other boyband's songs, a bit similar to Backstreet boys' which I love. Maybe you prefer old school songs then go and listen to the old 60s or 70s songs. stop trashing INVINCIBLE. It has some of the best songs and beats. It's better than Off the wall.

Aaaah, good ol Invincible. I agree with others in that it is not the album of the decade and while I like songs on the album I would pull them in a second to get something better.

Unbreakable, Heartbreaker and Invincible should all be pulled. Break of Dawn, Heaven can Wait and Butterflies are all great tracks and feel much more emotive. YRMW was a good album track, defo not a first single, it wasn't strong enough, video was a weak rehash at best. I like Speechless at the start but the choral chorus sounds cheesy and the "you are always in my heart" ad lib just reminds me of YANA. 2000 Watts is a stand out track and defo should be on the album.

Then it goes blurry, I can't really remember the order. All the rest of the songs are meh at best with the exception of Whatever Happens and Threatened (even though for a first time listener sounds like a rehash of Thriller/Ghosts/Is It Scary).

Personally I would have loved to hear most of the stuff that got rejected, like the stuff with the Neptunes.

Ideal Invincible Album?

Invincible
Break of Dawn
YRMW
Heaven Can Wait
Butterflies
2000 Watts
Whatever Happens

Oh yeah THERE IS NOOOO PARTY TRACKS! I mean come ooon! Why do you think BOTDF got to number one in the UK ey, ey?

In conclusion, it's a weak album cause it contains too many tracks. I see now MJ shouldn't have put so many songs in one album. That's a BIG mistake he made.

I really love Invincible album. There are so many beautiful songs. Like:
Invincible
Break of Dawn
YRMW
Speechless
You Are My Life
Cry
Whatever Happens
and my favorite "Don't Walk Away" :angel:

In conclusion, it's a weak album cause it contains too many tracks. I see now MJ shouldn't have put so many songs in one album. That's a BIG mistake he made.

True, 8 strong tracks is better than 16 so sos.

he did it with Dangerous (2 tracks shy) :ninja: and Dangerous was a superb album and yes better than Thriller,OTW and Bad (IMHO)

he did it with Dangerous (2 tracks shy) :ninja: and Dangerous was a superb album and yes better than Thriller,OTW and Bad (IMHO)

Dangerous had a lot of MJ in it. Invincible lacked that big time. Don't get me wrong Vince has a great selection of songs. But anyone could sing them. I doubt anyone can pull a "Who is it", "Give In to me", "Will you be there" etc.

eh... did that make sense?

Dangerous had a lot of MJ in it. Invincible lacked that big time. Don't get me wrong Vince has a great selection of songs. But anyone could sing them. I doubt anyone can pull a "Who is it", "Give In to me", "Will you be there" etc.

eh... did that make sense?

oh nice point :) but I do find similarities between Invincible & Dangerous (check my previous post lol)

I agree with "Who Is It".

Way to go Invincible! :D I'm one of those people who didn't like Invincible at first apart from the few true standout tracks (I loved Don't Walk Away from the day I bought the album, and Butterflies), but I've actually come to really appreciate the album in the last few years. 2000Watts for example sounded so different in 2001 but I actually really like it now and I think many of the tracks would do well on radio now.

Why Come on Here and Trash Invincible?

I think Invincible is a terrific album! Regardless of whether it had 16 tracks or not. Overall the majority of songs were great and this album should have spawned at least 7 or 8 #1s. If not for Sony, this album would have sold more than 20M copies. They essentially killed a monster album. The only song I wasn't crazy about was Privacy. It was ok. Other than that, the other songs were fantastic. I'm happy for Michael and only wish he was here to enjoy it. Fans should be happy as well.

If Invincible had the proper MJ style 7 single releases, all with cutting edge music videos, public appearances, performances at award shows, duets with other artists, etc then I guarantee Invincible would have sold 5 million copies in the US easily and 20 million globally. Think about it, with 1 single and music video, little promotion, and Sony canceling it after 6 months...it still sold 2 million in the US and 10 million globally.

Despite the success achieved some people here would still rather nag about the album for a millionth time. Whatever.

BOTDF!!! I always forget about that album (!!!!) I LOVE those 5 songs, every single one you can get up and groove to. The remixes are awesome too. I need to dig that out and stick that on a bit rather than all this Christmas music :)

I agree. Invincible has enough good songs to make a great album.

Still, this is an amazing news!

Invincible was underrated at the time of release. I wish got to see this moment. Finally it gets some decent recognition.

This has to be the most nonsensical outdated criticism of an album that i have ever heard. The critics coughed up this one too.

Tell me, who listens to an entire album in one sitting anymore? How can putting a lot of tracks on an album be a problem? People don't spin vinyl records anymore. Most people listen with their ipod on shuffle.

This is an exucse critics use to diss an album when there isn't any thing legitimate to criticize.

This has to be the most nonsensical outdated criticism of an album that i have ever heard. The critics coughed up this one too.

Tell me, who listens to an entire album in one sitting anymore? How can putting a lot of tracks on an album be a problem? People don't spin vinyl records anymore. Most people listen with their ipod on shuffle.

This is an exucse critics use to diss an album when there isn't any thing legitimate to criticize.

I listen to albums straight through, sometimes for days at a time where I listen to the same album. I don't own an "ipod" or "MP3 player" or whatever device the masses use to hear watered-down, inferior copies of their 'favorite tracks.'

The problem isn't "too many tracks," but too many of them sound too similar, or just aren't that great. Invincible is way too ballad heavy IMO, and the first few tracks sound way too similar. It's redundant, thus "too many tracks." If it was narrowed down to the best nine tracks or so, it would have a tighter sound, but by having a number of tracks that sound the same, it waters down the experience of listening to each track.

Not all people pick through albums like it's a cheap buffet table, but instead treat it like a three-course meal with an opening, main course, and dessert/end. I like shrimp, but if I'm eating it at every stage of the meal, it's too much, which is how I feel about the inclusion of so many similar-sounding tracks. An album tells a story, sets a mood, creates a vibe, so I treat all of the songs as a tapestry for a bigger concept. Most classic albums are meant to be listened to all the way through. After all Michael perfected this idea of enjoying an album as a whole and not chopping it up by eliminating "filler tracks" and creating albums where every track has the quality of a hit. So lots of appreciators of artists and their work listen to albums all the way through. I only listen to albums, and that's it.

Vinyl is making a come-back by the way:

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/apr/26/entertainment/et-vinyl26

Well, I'm in the category with those who pick their favorites from a CD and put an all favorite playlist together and listen to it constantly. And I've got 9 from Invincible, so in my book it's an excellent CD.

And for those who don't like Unbreakable, Privacy and Cry; you're not getting the MESSAGE. Read the lyrics and listen to the songs at the same time. This was Michael at his deepest core.

In Privacy, when Michael sing "THE MAN I REALLY AM" I always sing outloud and when I'm shopping with my headphones on, I just can't help it. People look at me funny. I wonder why? :)))

[Ain’t the pictures enough
Why do you go through so much
To get the stories you need
So you can bury me
You got the people confused
You tell the stories you choose
You try to get me to lose
The man I really am

You keep on stalking me
Invading my privacy
Won’t you just let me be
Cos you cameras can’t control
The minds of those who know
That you’ll even sell your soul
Just to get your story sold]

What I like to do the most (maybe we should start a new thread for favorite playlist)
is to group songs by "Attitude" ,for lack of a better word, for greater effect.

For example I play these back to back:
TDCAU - Unbreakable - Money - DS- In the back - Scream - Privacy - Xscape

I grouped these together. I just think they just segway nicely:
Dangerous - Heartbreak Hotel - Ghost -Threatened -

etc etc

I also edit songs for a better flow and personal listening experience. My least favorites, I edit out the part I like and make medleys.

Last edited:
^^I love 2000watts. It sounds like any other boyband's songs, a bit similar to Backstreet boys' which I love. Maybe you prefer old school songs then go and listen to the old 60s or 70s songs. stop trashing INVINCIBLE. It has some of the best songs and beats. It's better than Off the wall.

Yes. Anytime you can compare Michael Jackson to the Backstreet Boys you know you're onto a winner!?! Good Lord...

Michael Jackson has just earned an amazing accomplishment. His only album of new material this past decade was just voted as the #1 album of the 2000's. It wasn't even listed on the list of available options (you had to manually type it in). Just shows the power of Jackson's fans all around the world.

In addition to earning the #1 album of the decade, Jackson's THIS IS IT scored the #2 position in the vote for the best album of 2009.

Over 170,000 votes were casted on Billboard.com

Go MJ!

http://www.billboard.com/#/features/readers-top-albums-of-the-decade-and-2009-1004052814.story

Link To Invincible:

http://www.billboard.com/#/slideshow/196807?decorator=slideshow&confirm=true

Link To THIS IS IT:

http://www.billboard.com/#/slideshow/196941?decorator=slideshow&confirm=true

Thanks for highlighting this story because it was properly hidden by the media. There is no denying that this is one of the best albums of all times and I am glad that it finally got recognized. I love invincible.

I am happy for Michael :D

I love invincible, but don't think it's the best album of the decade. But looking at the rest of the list, was it just teenage girls voting?? Taylor Swift? Are you serious?!?! Hybrid Theory ahould have been far closer to the top. That album is phenominal.

Wow! This is great news, I am so happy for Michael.

Invincible is a fantastic album and sooo underrated! I love every single track. Sony has failed to promote the album properly and I never understood why people said it was too long to listen to. I mean, when I first saw the length of the album, I was over the moon. 16 tracks! So cool! :yes:

Back