Jackson 5 Plus Janet @ JD's Studio 72 in ATL/MJ not there video included!

Re: Jackson 5 Plus Janet To Reunite @ New Year Eve's Party

I know Raymone once said that there would be no sibling tour sometime this summer I think but that could have changed since then. But just to make things clear did someone email her now, I mean like yesterday, and she said then that this event was not true? In that case do you have a copy her statement like what she said exactly?

she said:

"Not true"

:lol:

MJ needs a homepage..

Why? I thought he "wasn't with Sony/Epic anymore". :unsure: :lol:

If they could put up a huge banner of Thriller 25 on the site, I'm sure Sony/Epic can give it a total makeover so that it will look like a real offical Michael Jackson web site. Plus I believe Michael still has a business relationship with Sony/Epic since they're releasing Thriller 25 and all that...

Maybe they will just attend the party but not perform.

Maybe they will just attend the party but not perform.

That's what I'm thinking if Raymone just said it's "not true" about a performance. :lol: Remember she didn't even say "Mike won't be there" just "it's not true" about a performance, lol.

MJ needs a homepage..

Word. However, Raymone would still say "not true".

Plus I believe Michael still has a business relationship with Sony/Epic since they're releasing Thriller 25 and all that...

I believe that as well. He owns the ATV catalogue with Sony BMG.

Remember she didn't even say "Mike won't be there" just "it's not true" about a performance, lol

I was gonna say that. I do not think that JD even said that the brothers were going to perform. It was assumed. All he talked about was that they were going to make this big enterance.

I think MJ's back with Sony. MJ's directly involved with this Thriller project so one would assume that he's still in cahoots with Sony still. Remember it's not SONY MJ had a beef with, it was Tummee Matoe-la, as MJ would say it :lol: And he's out of the pic :yes:

naaah I don't think he's with Sony again. It's just a project cause Sony has the rights. And I guess Michael also has part of rights or something. So they both gain something by getting together with this project. But that doesn't mean Michael is back with Sony.

And Michael should have his own site, not the one under Sony. Why they still kept it anyway? If Michael is out of Sony for years now. The site even don't get updated

If they could put up a huge banner of Thriller 25 on the site, I'm sure Sony/Epic can give it a total makeover so that it will look like a real offical Michael Jackson web site. Plus I believe Michael still has a business relationship with Sony/Epic since they're releasing Thriller 25 and all that...
Michael's official site currently owned and maintained by Sony was in the process of being completely redone in October 2003 by a private firm, and was going to be deployed in December of that year. After the release of Number Ones, Michael was going to completely part ways with Sony and take control of the site. The new site was going to be packed with new features and was going to branch off to many other never-developed official MJ sites including one for streaming radio, one for an official fan site, one for short films, and more. Unfortunately, everything was postponed and suspended indefinitely due to the trial and instead we got a few versions of MJJSource in its place.

JD didn't even say Michael would be there. He said the Jackson Five, who knows what that means. If they aren't performing, then I could see Michael showing up.

I don't get the impression that Jermaine Dupri knows Michael all that well.

naaah I don't think he's with Sony again. It's just a project cause Sony has the rights. And I guess Michael also has part of rights or something. So they both gain something by getting together with this project. But that doesn't mean Michael is back with Sony.

And Michael should have his own site, not the one under Sony. Why they still kept it anyway? If Michael is out of Sony for years now. The site even don't get updated

Exactly, plus ain't this "Thriller" deal really to do with Michael apparently getting all his masters back next year. I see most of y'all have forgotten about all of that. I would think if he was getting business straight then that could be why a site ain't been uploaded but who knows? I feel he can create his own site or blog to lay on his fans with the 411. I don't know how he can be so old school and yet act as if he's with the new thing (like the person who said Mike plans to release his music online). My thing is if he wanted to release music online, he don't HAVE to make a deal with ITunes, he can create the site and have everyone of his fans choose what kind of price they would give Michael for the downloads. Could be risky but it wouldn't hurt to try, you know?

I don't get the impression that Jermaine Dupri knows Michael all that well.

**** LOL.

Michael's official site currently owned and maintained by Sony was in the process of being completely redone in October 2003 by a private firm, and was going to be deployed in December of that year. After the release of Number Ones, Michael was going to completely part ways with Sony and take control of the site. The new site was going to be packed with new features and was going to branch off to many other never-developed official MJ sites including one for streaming radio, one for an official fan site, one for short films, and more. Unfortunately, everything was postponed and suspended indefinitely due to the trial and instead we got a few versions of MJJSource in its place.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting this information. No wonder.

Last edited by a moderator:

You're on your way to trouble bee. It doesn't take you long to start, does it?

I said that was my impression and you call it ignorance, lol.

Last edited:

I know timmy, you make this place safe. At least, that's my opinion, lol. Thanks though, I appreciate that.

Re: Jackson 5 Plus Janet To Reunite @ New Years Eve Party

This is what I think of this: This is not a performance, but an appearance and MJ may not be a part of that. I've been to a Jacksons' appearance like that once before in Chicago.

It's NYEve and celeb-owned clubs will be pulling out the blitz and the bling to get their event talked about. Many clubs pay celebs for making club appearances. Paris Hilton charges about 250k for holiday sightings....

I think this is just an appearance. I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like to me.

And I doubt MJ will be there.... but hey, ya never know.

In any case, they wouldn't pre announce that.... it would be riot. Even in ATL....
I agree 100% with everything in this post, all the way down to hey ya never know.

Being in ATL and having worked in the club scene, I know it is common to promote a club in this way. The fact of the Jacksons agreeing to do this actually shocks me but that's okay - we had the Temptations at one club I worked at, Harold Melvin etc...so okay the Jacksons are doing nightclubs now... at least this one...maybe as a 'special family favor' (that's my guess)

I can far less fathom Michael doing it because I can't fathom a reason that he would.

The club really doesn't 'need' him imho beyond what the 'appearance' of the Jacksons alone will accomplish, which is to promote the club by getting people from all around Atlanta to come. I don't know if Janet is a 'regular' there or what but it seems that could be accomplished by her appearance alone. It is located in not the most central spot in town and there is a LOT of nightclub competition here.

With that said, if MJ does happen to shock me, prove me wrong and show up at a nightclub in my town, I will be physically ill for quite some time that I missed him, because I can't see myself wretching myself from my kids on NYE to go get a glimpse of anybody ...especially on a hum-bug.

I do imagine if The Jacksons show up they will have to perform - something! Even if its Auld Anzyn (sp!!) All jmho of course.

All this talk about contacting/believing/trusting Raymone - why doesn't someone here contact the Jackson family spokesperson as usual?

She can at least confirm if the Jacksons will be performing...

...may be able to offer some clarification about the use of the name Jackson 5 too.......right?

Last edited:

I would think if he was getting business straight then that could be why a site ain't been uploaded but who knows?
I wouldn't agree with this as an excuse. Cause Michael more or less will not going to build the site by himself lol He will have people doing that for Michael. And at least spokesperson to release statements, Michael even should not have to write in there.Of course it would be better if Michael would share thoughts about some things, that would be more interesting to get to know what he is thinking and what's his view about some things.

My thing is if he wanted to release music online, he don't HAVE to make a deal with ITunes, he can create the site and have everyone of his fans choose what kind of price they would give Michael for the downloads. Could be risky but it wouldn't hurt to try, you know?
I don't think that's a great idea to let people to choose the price. I've read some group took that risk and now they are taking it down I think cause more ppl choose to download music for free lol I think one prize is better for every country, depending on their economy etc. Well as it in common way.

holla nic! lol

man, u gotta be real careful how u word shiiit for raymone cuz if u say is he coming on new yrs to atl she can say no cuz maybe he gonna be in atl a few days before new yrs....that's how bain operates.

holla nic! lol

man, u gotta be real careful how u word shiiit for raymone cuz if u say is he coming on new yrs to atl she can say no cuz maybe he gonna be in atl a few days before new yrs....that's how bain operates.

I agree. That's why I always look at both sides as to what she's saying. Her word ain't gospel if you look at it at just one way.

Post # 666 :8-25-03angel_not:

Per MTV - A representative for JD said the producer didn't exclude the Jackson 5 from the party, but he wanted to emphasize that the gala was primarily a theme celebration, not a promoted event featuring the legendary group.

" 'Jermaine Dupri and Friends' is a Jackson 5 celebration," he explained, "meaning music is in the air and lots of J5 loving everywhere. [But] if you're coming to stargaze and not party, don't come."

Will Michael be there???
Will the rest of the group be there, and if so, are they performing, or not? Who knows, but from the update, one thing is clear, he / they may NOT be!

Um, why all the unanswered questions? If it's just a J5 themed event and they're simply making an appearance, then just say that, I would love to come!!!

But for a reasonable price, NOT for $100 a ticket.

It sounds a lot like overchargin' & hype while promoting your club to me...

RSVP:
Thanx, but no thanks JD, I can party at home to J5 music for free!

Last edited:

Per MTV - A representative for JD said the producer didn't exclude the Jackson 5 from the party, but he wanted to emphasize that the gala was primarily a theme celebration, not a promoted event featuring the legendary group.

" 'Jermaine Dupri and Friends' is a Jackson 5 celebration," he explained, "meaning music is in the air and lots of J5 loving everywhere. [But] if you're coming to stargaze and not party, don't come."

Will Michael be there???
Will the rest of the group be there, and if so, are they performing, or not? Who knows, but from the update, one thing is clear, he / they may NOT be!

Um, why all the unanswered questions? If it's just a J5 themed event and they're simply making an appearance, then just say that, I would love to come!!!

But for a reasonable price, NOT for $100 a ticket.

It sounds a lot like overchargin' & hype while promoting your club to me...

RSVP:
Thanx, but no thanks JD, I can party at home to J5 music for free!
Yep, this is just what I thought. There could be a riot outside if JD lead people to believe that the J5 will be at the party when they are not.:eek:

Yep, this is just what I thought. There could be a riot outside if JD lead people to believe that the J5 will be at the party when they are not.:eek:

You got that right!

My guess is that a few of them may be there, as guests...
he insisted that Tito would be.

I'm thinkin' 'bout makin' an appearance to the parking lot to see the fireworks and show some love for J5 should they show up at midnight and MAYBE be able to get some pictures...
If I do, y'all will be the first to know.

Hey! I didn't read past the first three pages, but I want to say that several weeks ago (I think it was in October) I read online (through google) that the Jackson 5 were reuniting to do a concert in India (I think), which would start the Jackson 5 reunion tour, and the article further stated that Michael would not be a part of the Jackson 5 reunion tour. I will have to find the link to show you.

So, like, I was right? LOL. Naw, but it sounds like JD screwed up, the midget, lol.

Now he's like, well, they might NOT be there, it's only a J5 themed party. See, what did I tell ya'll, don't believe what people say about Michael over Michael himself.

And yeah Katie, I'm vicious, anyone starts with me and their face will soon be torn off and being picked at by a dog, lol.

Last edited:

Hmmm, I see. Well, it certainly did not sound like that on his radio show.

Well, it looks like we are going to wait an see.

I noticed that my previous post was edited. I am not surprised by that. I guess I hit a nerve.

Back