Jackson 5 Plus Janet @ JD's Studio 72 in ATL/MJ not there video included!

Re: Jackson 5 Plus Janet To Reunite @ New Years Eve Party

Thanks for posting the link to that ticket site, Dorothy. Hmm, it seems like a seriously risky and foolish move on Dupri and the club's behalf to advertise that the Jackson 5 will be hosting the event if they really won't be. There will be a ton of unhappy customers if they shelled out money to attend specifically because of this announcement if the Jacksons don't actually plan on attending. Here's the advertisement from Ticket Annex:

Jackson5Reunion.jpg

You are reading something into the Ebony interview that isn't there. He doesn't plan to spend the rest of his life touring. I am pretty sure that is closer to what he said, not that he wouldn't do it again. Now maybe he won't, but that isn't what he said. Go find what he said directly, not any of the rewording.

Michael said he isn't interested in LONG TERM tours. I never said he said he wouldn't tour again. Why would Michael go on a tour with his brothers so soon after stating this? We're going off of Jermaine's word, which has been less then reliable in the past. I'd take Michael's word over Jermaine's any day. How many times has he claimed the J5 are getting back together? Plus Raymone said it's not true. She represents Michael. She would know whether Michael is going or not, I assume.

Last edited:

I'll watch how it plays out... I would not be so fast to dismiss it. Raymone isn't the holy grail!!! Maybe the Jackson 5 will be there! We just can't flat out dismiss it because someone says so ....

Michael said he isn't interested in LONG TERM tours. I never said he said he wouldn't tour again. Why would Michael go on a tour with his brothers so soon after stating this? We're going off of Jermaine's word, which has been less then reliable in the past. I'd take Michael's word over Jermaine's any day. How many times has he claimed the J5 are getting back together? Plus Raymone said it's not true. She represents Michael. She would know whether Michael is going or not, I assume.
Woa. This isn't even about touring. This is about the New Years Eve party. They are just throwing words out to fish people in. They said the brothers are getting back together. So as I read it they are... in a room ... in Studio 72. lol

The press runs with it... The J5 are getting back together.

Performance.

Tour. Etc. Etc.

Now I have no idea if Michael is considering a tour with any of his family. I will just wait and see on that one. But people (and the press) came out after the Ebony interview saying Michael said he isn't going to tour any more and that isn't what he said. So I just once want to counter it and you just happened to be the lucky person that gave me the opportunity.:lol:

Thanks for posting the link to that ticket site, Dorothy. Hmm, it seems like a seriously risky and foolish move on Dupri and the club's behalf to advertise that the Jackson 5 will be hosting the event if they really won't be. There will be a ton of unhappy customers if they shelled out money to attend specifically because of this announcement if the Jacksons don't actually plan on attending. Here's the advertisement from Ticket Annex:

Jackson5Reunion.jpg

I agree!

It would be FOOLISH for Jermaine Dupri to announce something like this if it wasn't in the works.

I'm going to watch how it unfolds.....

I'll watch how it plays out... I would not be so fast to dismiss it. Raymone isn't the holy grail!!! Maybe the Jackson 5 will be there! We just can't flat out dismiss it because someone says so ....
But... and I do have a hard time hearing sometimes, I do not believe he said they will perform. I think they will probably be there and there will be cameras following the celebs around. I heard someone in the background say Michael but couldn't catch Dupri's response. Could you?

Last edited:

I agree!

It would be FOOLISH for Jermaine Dupri to announce something like this if it wasn't in the works.

I'm going to watch how it unfolds.....
If you go to the web site it is being biled as a Jackson 5 "THEMED" celebration and that the J5 are coming.

And the date to buy the tickets expired before he anounced it.

I feel Michael wants to prove that the media is not always right. :lol: They DID misintrepret his words about "not touring anymore" just like some fans think all Michael is doing is "releasing singles but no album". :lol: This is one thing I can applaud Dupri on. :D

Woa. This isn't even about touring. This is about the New Years Eve party. They are just throwing words out to fish people in. They said the brothers are getting back together. So as I read it they are... in a room ... in Studio 72. lol

The press runs with it... The J5 are getting back together.

Performance.

Tour. Etc. Etc.

Now I have no idea if Michael is considering a tour with any of his family. I will just wait and see on that one. But people (and the press) came out after the Ebony interview saying Michael said he isn't going to tour any more and that isn't what he said. So I just once want to counter it and you just happened to be the lucky person that gave me the opportunity.:lol:

Yeah... nice.

The tour rumor has been circulating for a good few weeks, and I was speaking on that. This too seems unlikely, because no mention of Michael was made and Michael's own spokesperson, who I think probably knows more of Michael's planes then Jermaine Duprie, says its false. Until I hear Michael himself say this is true, or until I see him show up to the show himself, then I'm not gonna believe it.

Re: Jackson 5 Plus Janet To Reunite @ New Year Eve's Party

What I wouldn't give to see Michael and his family up on stage performing again. Why can't the good stuff be near me lmao.

I think it would be unwise to sell tickets to something that wasn't set in stone. Surely they have something confirmed somewhere.

If it turns out to be true I hope there's video and tons of pics my gawd I wanna see em :)

Jackson 5 Plus Janet To Reunite @ New Years Eve Party

According to Jermaine Dupri, President of Island Music Urban and long time boyfriend to Janet Jackson, The Jackson 5 plus Janet Jackson will be reuniting for a New Years Eve party thrown by Jermaine Dupri at his club, Studio 72.

Jermaine made the announcement on his radio show over the weekend. Here's the audio: http://www.zshare.net/audio/55395656b6d104/

Jermaine Dupri plans to empty out the club as the Jackson 5 descend from the sky in a helicopter. The Jackson 5 will then join sister Janet Jackson and Jermaine as they enter the club.

So, what do ya think? :eek:

I have decided to post this again so we can read it very slooooowly... :lol:

No where does Jermaine Dupri says that The Jackson 5 will be performing.

He didn't say that Michael would or wouldn't be appearing.

How did we get on the topic of *touring* anyway?

You guys are reading SO much into this. Maybe it's a simple appearance!

Chillllllllllllllllllllllll :p

:rofl:

I was just looking over this thread and I have this to say.

A few days ago you couldn't drag an oppinion out of anyone that could even be vaguely differentiated from the one above it.

I guess we fixed that.:lol:

I believe it. The Jackson 5 + Janet, including Michael AND Dupri would rock the new year in. Woohoo

I'm sure that, if true, this would be more of just an appearance than any concert or performance (at least right now). The ticket info lists the Jackson 5 as hosting the event, which as others have said probably means just signing autographs and mingling amongst the crowd. It would be so good just to see all of the original Jacksons in the same room celebrating their legacy and music, regardless. And who knows, a simple appearance can still lead to some impromptu performances :)

I say that there's no way a respectable club and producer would put their reputation on the line by outright lying to sell tickets. He doesn't say Michael's name anywhere that I've seen, I guess he could still be referring to the pre-MJ Jackson 5 cast :lol:. But, the pictures in the ticket advertisement do show Michael as one of the Jackson 5, so if Mike ain't there it's still rather misleading.

Last edited:

I just wished I lived in the same city this was being hosted at....

I'd surely go if I had the chance. Appearance, Performance.. who cares, it's the JACKSONS! :)

I have decided to post this again so we can read it very slooooowly... :lol:

No where does Jermaine Dupri says that The Jackson 5 will be performing.

He didn't say that Michael would or wouldn't be appearing.

How did we get on the topic of *touring* anyway?

You guys are reading SO much into this. Maybe it's a simple appearance!

Chillllllllllllllllllllllll :p

Yeah it looks like they'll make an appearance. :lol: People just wanna talk. ;)

Well if MJ doesn't show then it wouldn't he the J5 coming would it? LOL Thats what I don't get lol.

Again, i'll have to wait and see.

wait, there were already a thread for it, isn't it?:huh:

I hope that is no true. Ok, for one concert but Michael needs to work with his own career. The last album they didn't make success

This is what I think of this: This is not a performance, but an appearance and MJ may not be a part of that. I've been to a Jacksons' appearance like that once before in Chicago.

It's NYEve and celeb-owned clubs will be pulling out the blitz and the bling to get their event talked about. Many clubs pay celebs for making club appearances. Paris Hilton charges about 250k for holiday sightings....

I think this is just an appearance. I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like to me.

And I doubt MJ will be there.... but hey, ya never know.

In any case, they wouldn't pre announce that.... it would be riot. Even in ATL....

I agree :yes:

And wasn't there a comment about MJ possibly going back to some underground roots?

aint nothing wrong with doing a small New Years Eve thing in a club whether it be appearance or performance

better than doing nothing for the new year... annnd it would definatley create lots of talk :yes:

B)

I didn't see it posted if it is ignore

http://www.vibe.com/news/news_headlines/2007/12/michael_jackson_tour_unconfirmed/

MJ and the Jackson 5? Don't Bet on It... Yet

by: Keith Murphy

Despite Jermaine Jackson's comments to the BBC, a source tells VIBE Michael Jackson has not yet signed on for Jackson 5 tour.
The news of Michael Jackson joining up with his brothers for dates on a much-anticipated 2008 reunion tour may have been a bit premature.

According to a source from the offices of the Gloved One's spokesperson, Raymone Bain, as of yet, MJ has not agreed to reunite with the first family of R&B and pop, the Jackson 5.

"That doesn't seem to be happening," said the source.

It was Jermaine Jackson himself who sparked the rumor. In late November, the J5 bassist and vocalist told the BBC that his superstar brother would be included in a reunion scheduled for next year. "Michael will be involved," he said of the gigs, which would have included original members Michael, Tito, Marlon, Jackie, Jermaine and sixth member Randy, who joined the group in the mid-'70s when they reformed as The Jacksons. "We feel we have to do it one more time. We owe that to the fans and the public. Michael has to be involved. He is a Jackson. He was at the meetings. Michael will be involved."

Jermaine's spokesperson and lawyer Vicki Roberts has since released a statement saying, "Regarding a possible Jackson 5 reunion, I've been advised by my client that the matter is under serious discussion and we look forward to being able to report more about it in the near future."

The buzz around a Jackson 5 reunion has been circulating for years, with unconfirmed reports of a comeback show in Las Vegas. However, during a 2005 trial in which Michael was cleared on charges of child abuse, touring plans were put on hold.

A Jackson 5 tour headlined by Michael, one of pop music's biggest icons and a much-talked-about tabloid fixture, would certainly be a sell-out event. Fans who grew up to J5's classic hits like "ABC," "Who's Loving You," "I'll Be There," and "I Want You Back," as well as Michael's record-breaking solo output, which includes 1978's Off The Wall (Epic), 1982's Thriller (Epic)—the biggest selling album of all time—and 1987's Bad (Epic), would come in droves.

But is seems Michael is busy with his own comeback plans. The enigmatic music legend is set to re-release the 25th anniversary edition of his landmark work Thriller in February—the album includes remixes by Kanye West ("Billie Jean"), and will i. am ("The Girl is Mine," and "PYT"). Michael has also been in the studio recording new material with both West and will, and collaborating on new material with Ne-Yo.

http://www.mjj2005.com/kopboard/index.php?showtopic=30964

Now who would doubt that Michael at least is taking part in this concert? :D
I do. I think Jermaine was just taking the p..s out of the people who started the rumour that he doesn't want Janet to associate with Michael. I also think somebody might be trying to sell a party. If my second thought is true, then it is a shame hat people are using MJ's name in such a way.

Jackson5Reunion.jpg
It could mean that he is only playing J5 music. I thought the jackson's weren't allowed to use the J5 name officially anymore. Has Berry Gordy given them back their name?:lol:

It could mean that he is only playing J5 music. I thought the jackson's weren't allowed to use the J5 name officially anymore. Has Berry Gordy given them back their name?:lol:
Good point actually :) and it doesn't mean that J5 can't be without Michael. The same as Take That can be without Robby Williams ;)

A fan wrote to Bain and she answered so:

Subject: (no subject)
Date: 12/7/2007 11:55:37 A.M. Eastern Standard Time
Reply To:
To: RBainXXXXX

Hi Ms. Bain. A club promoter in Atlanta is spreading the word that The Jackson 5 will be performing on New Year's Eve at Studio 72 in Atlanta. This person says that Michael will be present...can you confirm or deny this.

~Stephanie~

Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: 12/7/2007 12:46:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Reply To:
To: Steph83Ga

Not true.

Thank you.
Raymone K. Bain

http://www.mjeurope.eu/forums/index.php?showtopic=9265

^ Oh well we now know its not true but Raymone always deniys everything

Last edited: