Jacksons: The Next Generation [REALITY SHOW DISCUSSION ONLY]

Rating for the last Fridays show
http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articl...cable-originals-network-update-10-9-2015.html
JACKSONS: THE NEXT GENERATION dropped 0.13 to 0.18

Oh dear!

Still dropping
JACKSONS: THE NEXT GENERATION dropped 0.06 to 0.12
http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articl...able-originals-network-update-10-16-2015.html

So Tanya episode did nothing to help ratings.

Perhaps they should hook up with Alejandra and her kids, then it might get more viewers, and if they reveal who claims Donte:D

Tanay Jackson ?@TanayJackson Oct 19
@IslandHeartBeat If it comes back negative that means taj is not Tito son. Court DNA with me and my dad was positive. Thanks

While waiting for results
nervous.gif

Soooooooooo, if it comes back negative, Taj is not Tito's son, so he needs to take dna test against somebody else then.

Tanay Jackson ?@TanayJackson Oct 19
@IslandHeartBeat If it comes back negative that means taj is not Tito son. Court DNA with me and my dad was positive. Thanks

While waiting for results
nervous.gif

Soooooooooo, if it comes back negative, Taj is not Tito's son, so he needs to take dna test against somebody else then.

Hmmm. Hadn't thought of that. Technically, that's possible I guess? I wonder if that would save the ratings, though? Or, there never was a DNA test with Tito, and if that's the case, she's a fruit-loop right up there with the persistent Billie Jean?

I'm going with fruit loop.

(Even if she is Tito's kid. She seems "off".)

Taj is really Michael and Billie Jean's secret son.
All 3 were rumored to be his secret sons back in the day. Janet also had "secret" kids. Lol.
That could be their cliff hanging ending so they can have a 2nd season. :)

Seriously, though, I liked the scene with Taryll yelling about how many songs he had written with the index cards. I thought the scene with Tanay could have been a lot better.
I would have had a million questions for her. And Tito.

ABOUT ME
Tanay Jackson, Tito Jackson's daughter and the niece of megastar Michael Jackson, launches a new campaign to show the world just what she's got going for her...and that's a lot. Like her uncle, Jackson combines exciting, evocative songwriting with expressive and energetic stage routines. Reviews say “she looks incredible onstage...a great performer, She records in the Pop music genre.
Tanay has already taken the world by surprise and has taken the world by storm with her presence and many talents.

Her most recent music video "ADDICTED” Which she wrote and directed is available for viewing on YouTube and her long anticipated video in the Spotlight will soon be released; Jackson is also a songwriter , stylist, model, video director. She is the only daughter of former Jackson Five/The Jacksons guitarist Tito Jackson and the younger sister of TJ Jackson, member of the singing group 3T. Tanay Jackson discovered her natural abilities at a young age. Raised by her mother in Maryland, the gifted songwriter and performer was first recognized by her fourth grade music teacher who insisted on vocal training for the child prodigy. By the age of 12, Jackson began writing poetry and music for fun. She has received writing royalties from JASCAR in Japan for one of her songs; Sony Urban noticed her excellent writing and tried to negotiate a publishing deal with the talented performer. Tanay Jackson received a Bachelor of Arts in Business Management in 2006 and is now CEO and President of Roth Entertainment and Lunar Music. She was touring the country early 2012 and again did a mini tour in Europe in late 2013. Ms. Jackson will soon be in the process of starting her own clothing line as well.

http://www.tanayjackson.com/#!about-me/cjg9

Note to myself, I need to get a life, this is utter bs:doh:

The problem is, the (numerous) Jacksons overestimate (by a LOT) the interest the public has in any of them. Every family has its skeletons in the closet, and the Jacksons are so plentiful, that their closets are more numerous? As far as a family "legacy" is concerned, that would be extracurricular offspring, beginning with Joe? I suspect nobody CARES very much. A stray Tito-child doesn't carry the same interest as Billie Jean's spawn? Nobody much cares about even THAT, either way? For ratings, they could have done much better, with a hair-pulling, chair-throwing BRAWL at the B-day party? Opportunity squandered, I guess?

The problem is, the (numerous) Jacksons overestimate (by a LOT) the interest the public has in any of them. Every family has its skeletons in the closet, and the Jacksons are so plentiful, that their closets are more numerous? As far as a family "legacy" is concerned, that would be extracurricular offspring, beginning with Joe? I suspect nobody CARES very much. A stray Tito-child doesn't carry the same interest as Billie Jean's spawn? Nobody much cares about even THAT, either way? For ratings, they could have done much better, with a hair-pulling, chair-throwing BRAWL at the B-day party? Opportunity squandered, I guess?

I lost the track what this reality show is about, what family legacy?
The more I think about this Tanya thingy, the more it appears tacky.
If she really is mental case, those 3T buys are exploiting mentally ill woman for ratings, but then again she could be a plain scam artist :scratch:

I don't know what they are going to do the get viewers as they seems to go down week after week?

^^^ I think they are hoping for interest in the creation of their new music, in which case I think they would be better if this was shown in Europe as I think they were more successful here than the US.

I don't think they have what is required to sustain a reality show, you either need constant drama, make a fool of yourself or lots of glamour. IMO

I've watched 2 episodes so far and it's not entertaining at all, the first one was touching though. But I don't like most of the reality shows either way, the ones I've watched lately are Hell's Kitchen and My Cat From Hell, although it's tedious Gordon Ramsey keeps the same formula. I'd end up not watching it, I'm sure because TV series are better.

If Tanay supposedly has a successful career in music at the moment, why does she need riding the Jackson's coattail? I know Michael is humongous and more successful than alive acts but it's not enough to be related to The King to succeed, the brothers and 3T are a clear proof of that.

There are articles that show she started court proceedings early 2009 to get Tito to acknowledge her, no idea of the outcome but clearly it hasn't worked because he has never once publicly and clearly acknowledged her.

There are articles that show she started court proceedings early 2009 to get Tito to acknowledge her, no idea of the outcome but clearly it hasn't worked because he has never once publicly and clearly acknowledged her.

Right. If true, all she needs to do is take a screen-shot of the DNA report? And if not true, that makes her the latest addition to a very long line of fruit-loops. . . .

Tacky that they have to use this woman to get ratings. when before they had denied her connection to them and certainly done nothing to help her to promote her claims infact wanting it shot down asap. now theyare using her as a main part of the show. you forget whos using who here. Embarassing to say the least

I see only one worthwhile outcome of this show, if there Taryll is going to announce to the public that he leaves 3T and starts his solo career and hopefully will make it sound that strong so none of the family will try to get him back. That's it.

I see only one worthwhile outcome of this show, if there Taryll is going to announce to the public that he leaves 3T and starts his solo career and hopefully will make it sound that strong so none of the family will try to get him back. That's it.

You're probably right. Not sure if he has it in him, though. If they intended this show to jump-start a music career, their strategy is questionable. One doesn't inspire interest in an "upcoming" (is it?) album by telling the world how few songs you have for it, how little new material been written over the years, how little interest all in the group have in completing it, and so on? Instead, they could have been seen in the studio putting the finishing touches on the album, and raving about how great it is? Instead of telling the public they'll be recycling 15 year-old songs? Oops?

^^^I'm not certain what part of this reality show is reality and what is invented. If you remember their reunion thingy last year, they were tweeting about being in the studio yada yada yada..... Sound similar? Thats because they have taken it from J4, they are/were always on studio recording/putting finishing touched to their up-coming album that still have not seen light of the day, and I'm doubtful 3T gets their album out either.

AccessHollywoodLive ‏@AHLive Oct 20th

What was #MichaelJackson's advice to nephews @tjjackson, @tarylljackson & @tajjackson3? http://ahwd.tv/vUjnEx

@tjjackson, @tarylljackson & @tajjackson3 on their family’s Kardashian connection. http://ahwd.tv/DPJ9yE

@tjjackson, @tarylljackson & @tajjackson3: What to expect on their show. #JacksonsNextGen http://ahwd.tv/hKihhO

CRyFx0VWIAAlB8O.jpg

overall nice interview, i think

They must use Michael Jackson's name or the Kardashian to raise interest in these 3 mediocre singers who had no chance of ever having a record deal if it were not for their relation to MJ.

They must use Michael Jackson's name or the Kardashian to raise interest in these 3 mediocre singers who had no chance of ever having a record deal if it were not for their relation to MJ.

The thing that gets to me is how they often say the "Jackson name" is a liability, with people always "wanting things" from them. Uhm, nope? I can't see that they have anything anyone else would want? Well, whatever.

Tacky that they have to use this woman to get ratings. when before they had denied her connection to them and certainly done nothing to help her to promote her claims infact wanting it shot down asap. now theyare using her as a main part of the show. you forget whos using who here. Embarassing to say the least

You should see the show Toni Braxton has with her sisters lol

I can proudly say ive never watched any reality show lol

As much as i think he probably does wanna leave the group but thing is they still brothers so he will always feel guilty and pained even maybe for leaving. Same feelings i think jermaine has been feeling over so many years after leaving J5 and also the pressure from tito cuz from what i saw the other night from an episode hes becoming like a second joesph jackson. He was pressuring them to "get to the studio and work" blah blah and if hes not careful i fear 3T may end*up having resentment feelings like mj did with joesph and also hes treating them like they are still teenagers and that they are not

I've watched 2 episodes so far and it's not entertaining at all, the first one was touching though. But I don't like most of the reality shows either way, the ones I've watched lately are Hell's Kitchen and My Cat From Hell, although it's tedious Gordon Ramsey keeps the same formula. I'd end up not watching it, I'm sure because TV series are better.

"My cat from hell"???? :huh: what show is that?

As much as i think he probably does wanna leave the group but thing is they still brothers so he will always feel guilty and pained even maybe for leaving. Same feelings i think jermaine has been feeling over so many years after leaving J5 and also the pressure from tito cuz from what i saw the other night from an episode hes becoming like a second joesph jackson. He was pressuring them to "get to the studio and work" blah blah and if hes not careful i fear 3T may end*up having resentment feelings like mj did with joesph and also hes treating them like they are still teenagers and that they are not

Yes, this is most likely. But I really don't understand it... It's his life. I don't know all the circumstances but, IMO, it's natural to fight back for yourself. That calls family, we fight then forgive unconditionally. Maybe Taryll needs someone outside of the family to help him out. Anyway if he didn't leave the group on the 10th year of 3T 'silence' he probably won't do it now.
Again, I don't know all the circumstances but it would be normal and most welcome even if he left the group next year after their 1st release. Some man can make such decisions. I just feel sorry that he has lost so much time.

Maybe their should have a episode of them talking to their Dad about Tanya is this their sister and if it is true Tito have never claim he had a daugther that might help the rating.

Last edited:
Leaving or staying with his brothers, what difference would it make for him?!!! Some act like he is some super talent who is burdened by his less talented band mates. Does anyone believe he has a chance in being a successful solo singer?!! PLEASE

I want to be fair to them. These guys need to learn another skill. THEY NEED TO WORK and give up on dreaming about being the next big thing in music. They have no chance in hell in being successful let alone big. I mean WORK not use MJ's kids to have access to the estate's money by reason of fictional jobs.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure noone's interested in this show but Michael Jackson fans.

However just reading here I feel a bit sorry for the Jacksons... not sure they deserve this... but sheeeesh they had all the chances one could by going to excellent schools... they had the opportunity to go for whatever they've been interested in... and now look what they've made out of it.
Really 3T were nice... when they were nice young guys girls could dream of... but uhhhh that time's over rrrrrreally please... make a reality check when it's about their music... I'm not sure they'd even fill the first row without their uncle.
They're Jacksons... yep true... but it seems they're only recognizable as a person each cuz uncle or auntie were/have been/are famous and they got a family name with birth... that must be depressing.
I so hope Michaels children will not follow this 'Jackson way of living', really it doesn't bring happiness... even though some... a very few ppl are still willing to pay money for what's more of non interest to someone who's not an MJJfan. They all do not have a life plan aside from living from their auntie and uncle... and let's be honest... more their uncle. If Janet will be gone off stage one day she'll be sooner forgotten I guess. Since Michael is gone she's not getting as much attention as before also... that's just the way it is.

Back