Jacksons: The Next Generation [REALITY SHOW DISCUSSION ONLY]

I haven't seen last 2 episodes so I missed their concert, ut that concert was from last summer's gig from Holland or somewhere there?

I don't think they are going back to stage in the same way they used to. Maybe small venues and gigs here and there, every now and then, but thats it.
TJ is guardian for Paris and Bigi and needs to be around, and his duties will be over when Bigi reaches 18, so that would tie TJ to the ground for few more years + he has his company too. Taj is doing films or something, so it leaves only Tarryll.

I don't think reason for their lack of commitment to music comes from their mother and Michael dying and mourning. They seem to be going on in all other aspects in their lives except music career. They have gotten married, had children, found other things to do, so I don't think deaths of their mom or Michael is the reason holding them back. They have to be exceptionally good and great new music in order to make comeback after years being out of the scene, and rarely that happen if ever.

I just saw episode teaser and Tarryl's gf' is back moaning:) Maybe there is going to be spin off about Tarryl and whether he commits to Breana(?) or what is going to happen to them

The Holland show is a fan party/day that has been going for years. They have been several times

Last friday's ratings:
JACKSONS: THE NEXT GENERATION fell 0.05 to 0.15
http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articl...able-originals-network-update-10-30-2015.html

Do they have 1 or 2 episodes to go?

I cannot see 2nd season for their reality show. For someone who is not a fan, it is kind of flat, and if I may say, they use too much of uncle Michael and "We Jackson's" angle when they talk. It makes them look like they are bragging about being MJ relative, and to be honest, no outsider (other than fan) will take that sort of carrying on.

Lifetime isn't that big of a channel with high ratings to start with. If it's doing good per Lifetime's standards it might get renewed.

How was the last episode and did it leave room for the second season?

How was the last episode and did it leave room for the second season?

I think it left some unresolved issues. Taryll & Bre had the talk about their relationship and he told her he was unhappy so their future together is uncertain. TJ's wife is sad about giving up her home which I can understand but I did side-eye TJ stating it was a "sacrifice" moving into the 12,000 sq ft mansion. The brothers decided to take an official break from 3T now that the album is out. Since the group was the hook for the show I'm not sure how that affects another season though. The Prince/TJ scene was nice. Overall, I found it an interesting episode. TJ's kids are very sweet. They had a scene with Katherine.

Last edited:
I think it left some unresolved issues. Taryll & Bre had the talk about their relationship and he told her he was unhappy so their future together is uncertain. TJ's wife is sad about giving up her home which I can understand but I did side-eye TJ stating it was a "sacrifice" moving into the 12,000 sq ft mansion. The brothers decided to take an official break from 3T now that the album is out. Since the group was the hook for the show I'm not sure how that affects another season though. The Prince/TJ scene was nice. Overall, I found it an interesting episode. TJ's kids are very sweet. They had a scene with Katherine.

Seems like there is room and issues for the second season.

TJ and wife only moved their previous house 2013, and I don't know how long they lived there before moving to PPB's house?
Yes, it is hard to live in 12,000 sq ft mansion and unlimited use of Havenhurst, damn:scratch:
Maybe she was unhappy because lack of privacy for their own family life?

They have album out? What was all Tarryls moaning about if the album is out?

TJ and wife only moved their previous house 2013, and I don't know how long they lived there before moving to PPB's house?
Yes, it is hard to live in 12,000 sq ft mansion and unlimited use of Havenhurst, damn:scratch:

I can see disappointment that you can't put a personal stamp on Katherine's house like your own. But I've stayed in an 8K sq ft house of a friend -- 4 times the size of mine -- and this house is 50% larger than that. Just can't see "privacy" as any issue with that much space and all the wings it must have. Heck, it's got 11 bathrooms.

They show them finishing the album. It was released Friday.

Not to mention all expenses paid.

I read a tweet that Frances left behind her two older children, perhaps that was the sacrifice. Don't know how old her eldest are? If at college then they are living away anyway and if not then who is looking after them?

Not to mention all expenses paid.

I read a tweet that Frances left behind her two older children, perhaps that was the sacrifice. Don't know how old her eldest are? If at college then they are living away anyway and if not then who is looking after them?

They are 21 and 23.

TJ agreed to buy a house in Corona for her to spend weekends to fix the issue. ;)

Must be terrible getting paid 100k plus to be a guardian.

Loved seeing Kenya with Prince in the last episode

kenya-223x300.jpg
homevideo3jacksonkidspuppy.jpg

I hope Breanna is making herself look selfish and needy for the sake of the show and that she is not like that. Darryl needs to decide what is the cost of his relationship with his boys if he leaves her.

She's certainly different from Alejandra Jackson. They had to pry her out of Mrs. Jacksons house. But I do understand where Frances is coming from. Even in a mansion, there is absolutely nothing like your "own". In time though, she may feel it is her home. Although with MJ's children aging, they really shouldn't need to be there a long time.

I hope Breanna is making herself look selfish and needy for the sake of the show and that she is not like that. Darryl needs to decide what is the cost of his relationship with his boys if he leaves her.

I sure hope it's just an act...that woman is like a spoiled brat. If not an act...the last thing these two need to do is get married. For their boys sake, they should go their separate ways and make happy homes for their boys with other partners. Although I think Breanna has some major issues and will never be completely happy with anyone.

Watched it. Total impression is that these are really nice guys who for various reasons lack motivation, for almost anything. Their music is good, but they seem to have little interest in it. The excuse of "family tragedy" stalling out their music has worn thin. I feel badly for them, but other people suffer tragedies and get ON WITH IT.

I'm glad Taryll finally stood up to Bre. Don't know if it's her real personality, or just for the purpose of the show, but nobody should talk to anyone the way she talks to Taryll! Her behavior is monstrous! He's been more than patient. She "wants to get married?" To ANYONE, as a generic thing? Wow, that's no good. I see no purpose in Taj's "advice," to "think of the children?" One would hope they already ARE thinking of the children, as adults/parents should? T.J.'s advice to Prince was generic, and I wish he'd let Prince SAY SOMETHING, instead of it being a monologue?

Mostly, the show has been a lesson of the risks and disadvantages of being born into privilege, and not having to WORK for anything. They speak of "family" as if they are the only people on earth who care about their FAMILY? Dudes! OTHER people care about their families, too. "Being born a Jackson" has been a theme, but they flatter themselves too much if they think paparazzi have much of any interest in them. That is not their PROBLEM. Their problem is lack of motivation, and not understanding that most people actually WORK for a living. So yeah, these are really nice guys who never quite grew up?

They are 21 and 23.

TJ agreed to buy a house in Corona for her to spend weekends to fix the issue. ;)

That old? How old is Frances, must have had them quite young?

I presume Corona is where they lived before moving in with KJ so didn't they already have a house there? I'm not complaining as IMO they needed to move in and I think it has been mutually beneficial to everyone.

I presume Corona is where they lived before moving in with KJ so didn't they already have a house there? I'm not complaining as IMO they needed to move in and I think it has been mutually beneficial to everyone.

I'm not sure how old she is but I remember being surprised to read during AEG trial that he testified to having stepkids 19 and 21.

Yes, they lived in Corona. I think they sold that house. ? I agree that it was beneficial to move in for PPB and yes it also ends up being so for their own family as they could bank his income for their kids' future too.

I'm not sure how old she is but I remember being surprised to read during AEG trial that he testified to having stepkids 19 and 21.

Yes, they lived in Corona. I think they sold that house. ? I agree that it was beneficial to move in for PPB and yes it also ends up being so for their own family as they could bank his income for their kids' future too.

How far away from Calabassas is Corona? (Sorry for all the questions lol)

Mostly, the show has been a lesson of the risks and disadvantages of being born into privilege, and not having to WORK for anything. They speak of "family" as if they are the only people on earth who care about their FAMILY? Dudes! OTHER people care about their families, too. "Being born a Jackson" has been a theme, but they flatter themselves too much if they think paparazzi have much of any interest in them. That is not their PROBLEM. Their problem is lack of motivation, and not understanding that most people actually WORK for a living.

:punk: :bow: BOOYAH! This sums up perfectly why many people that were born into wealth are completely clueless about how things work in the REAL WORLD. Unlike their father, uncles, aunts and grandparents, they don't know or appreciate the value of the dollar or how to work for it. The older Jacksons knew what it was like to be hungry, to not have enough, to put in work way back in the days they lived in that tiny house in Gary.

Seems how the family has all been raised. The entitlement complex rears it's ugly head

How far away from Calabassas is Corona? (Sorry for all the questions lol)

About 80 miles. Which with LA traffic can mean a 2-hour plus drive depending on timing.

Last edited:
How often has Siggy been on the show? I remember seeing him on the A&E reality show the remaining J5 had and laughed when he went off on Jermaine. Jackie called his son the "loudest Jackson", lol!

LastTear;4115758 said:

She is 40, 3 years older than TJ.

InvincibleTal;4115767 said:
Who is Royal's mother?

Frances. TJ met Frances and had Royal when he was at his peak of stardom with 3T so his relationship and son was pretty much kept secret.

Here is a recent interview with TJ mentioning his relationship and kids etc - https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/growing-up-with-michael-jackson-and-what-his-100051505.html

"Four years later, I met my wife, Frances. We were only together for three months before we decided to have a baby, my firstborn son Royal. Frances was already a mother of two and most didn’t see being a 23-year-old divorced mom as a positive — but I saw that she was a great mother. I believe a [single] woman with kids shouldn’t be looked down upon; instead, motherhood should be perceived positively. People worried that I was moving too quickly, but I knew I made the right decision.

I didn’t tell anyone until Frances was about seven months pregnant with Royal. My brothers and I were at the peak of 3T, and I didn’t want them to [try to change my decision]. The only person I confided in was Michael."

I don't think they have a sense of entitlement, but moreso a fear of failing.

The first generation left such a big impression, music and image wise, that the public expects their kids to be similar, along with the industry thinking "Well, they aren't Michael or Janet so...." so it probably causes obstacles, which is why I think it was smart for Austin to start off on a smaller scale and he has gained more credibility among people in the industry for doing that along with making solid music and actually going out and networking

3T are good songwriters and solid vocalists but you can tell they lost their drive and ambition with their mother's murder, their own issues with Sony and having to start all over again to release Identity then losing their uncle

BUT...lol It was good to see Tito confront them about it. He and his brothers started from literally the bottom to being one of the most popular and successful groups ever before they were in their 30s...and they WORKED their butts off

And can I say with hearing 3T and all their cousins talk about their memories, it's a fact that Michael was an awesome uncle, and considering how he had over 20 nieces and nephews lol and made time for all of them... :)

A

The first generation left such a big impression, music and image wise, that the public expects their kids to be similar, along with the industry thinking "Well, they aren't Michael or Janet so...." so it probably causes obstacles, which is why I think it was smart for Austin to start off on a smaller scale and he has gained more credibility among people in the industry for doing that along with making solid music and actually going out and networking

3T are good songwriters and solid vocalists but you can tell they lost their drive and ambition with their mother's murder, their own issues with Sony and having to start all over again to release Identity then losing their uncle

BUT...lol It was good to see Tito confront them about it. He and his brothers started from literally the bottom to being one of the most popular and successful groups ever before they were in their 30s...and they WORKED their butts off
. Amen I love your post, bravo.

The first generation left such a big impression, music and image wise, that the public expects their kids to be similar, along with the industry thinking "Well, they aren't Michael or Janet so...."
so it probably causes obstacles, which is why I think it was smart for Austin to start off on a smaller scale and he has gained more credibility among people in the industry for doing that along with making solid music and actually going out and networking

That still reeks of entitlement. Music/entertainment is the business that put the family on the map, but it doesn't have to be the path the next generations take, especially since it's pretty much impossible to achieve the level of success those reached that came before them. Artists that AREN'T related to Mike and Janet find it damn near impossible to reach those heights! I agree wholeheartedly with many here that commented they are relying too heavily on the "I was born a Jackson" card too much. Being afraid to fail is a weak excuse to remain stagnant, to not work, to remain living off the legacy of their relatives that came from the bottom and made it to the top.

Failure is something we all face, something we all overcome and something that is a part of life.

Back