John Landis says Michael Jackson was too ‘grotesque’ to film

What a disappointment to log in here, and see John Landis talking s*** about MJ.. it's one disappointment after another sometimes, does it never stop? Why is he saying something like this, when he knows that Michael has children?? What a scumbag..

Well, unfortunately, after reading about that, I've unfortunately lost respect for John Landis because that was totally uncalled for

There is nothing more disrespectable to criticize and mock the physical appearance of someone, in anyway, Michael Jackson or not.

This is so a low level and I did not think Landis was so low.

Last edited:
disgusted by John Landis regarding his remarks on Michael's physical appearance, Michael loved and adored John's
artistic intergreties! I'm sickened at the fact how someone our dear Michael loved so much could ever write such mean thing's. I hope the estate buys all rights and John has nothing to do with anything, I just.. I can't (broken heart)

I love you Michael, you were and always will be beautiful to me :heart:

Landis should not be a part of any Michael Jackson related project ever again.

John should be ashamed of himself.. Did he not read the autopsy?

Is there any truth to the nose piece? I'm going to assume not because of his other claim about him bleaching his skin when in the autopsy report it clearly states he had vitiligo.

Funny how this is still too complecated to get for most haters and fans...

Yes!, he had vitiligo. And Yes!, he obviously bleached his skin because of that.
Its both, not just one or the other.

If he wouldn't have bleached the remaining black parts
he would have looked like a cow. Not a clever move, when
you happen to be a megastar at the height of your career.

oh and Landis = classic case of ego eats brain.

I'm not a fan of turning old movies into 3D, which were not originally produced for 3D.
Its all about jumping on the 3D-hype... and results are usually not that great.
But i guess if they do that it means the shortfilm will be fully restored and available as a 2D version too.
If so, go for it! Although a Captain EO 3D release would make more sense.

Last edited:
Not surprised hes been talkinshit about mj for years. just another fool like jones who became pissed that all their other work was overshadowed by his work with mj

Hmm, what I got out of that article is Michael didn't really change, but a lot of people around him did. But if Landis allows the 3D version of Thriller to be released in theaters, then I would love to see it.

John Landis is one of the most arrogant and rude people I have ever met.
His comments about Michael (assuming he actually said these things) are way out of line and very insensitive.

Sad, really. How people can't show respect towards Michael even now that he is no longer with us.
It bothers me.

I am not going to even read what he says. Just reading the title of this thread is enough for. What an a******. That's all I have to say.

Another old friend talking BS about Michael? I thought we were beyond this point.

Also, I don't care about a 3D release of Thriller at all, I JUST WANT AN OFFICIAL RELEASE OF "GHOSTS"!

Funny how this is still too complecated to get for most haters and fans...

Yes!, he had vitiligo. And Yes!, he obviously bleached his skin because of that.
Its both, not just one or the other.

If he wouldn't have bleached the remaining black parts
he would have looked like a cow. Not a clever move, when
you happen to be a megastar at the height of your career.

oh and Landis = classic case of ego eats brain.

I'm not a fan of turning old movies into 3D, which were not originally produced for 3D.
Its all about jumping on the 3D-hype... and results are usually not that great.
But i guess if they do that it means the shortfilm will be fully restored and available as a 2D version too.
If so, go for it! Although a Captain EO 3D release would make more sense.

Good post.

Re: John Landis being a jerk again - and also talks about Thriller in 3D

Who needs enemies when you have friends like this??

Sadly, this. It disgusts me how fake these people were, from Landis, to Ola Ray, to Randy Phillips and the heads of AEG. To smile in ones face and pretend everything is okay, but talk about him and have a differing opinion about a person when they're not around is the lowest trait in all of mankind. I'm really started to believe as troubled as Michael was, his worries were all valid as far as him being alone. Not that I didn't believe him before, but I at least figured he had SOME genuine friends. But sadly, that's looking more and more to not be the case.

F John Landis.

Re: John Landis being a jerk again - and also talks about Thriller in 3D

Well I'm not surprised that he's saying all this I always knew he was not a nice person anyway. He obviously has issues!

I find it impossible to take anyone that says, "he bleached his skin" seriously.

Michael was a hundred times better looking than John Landis!

Jeaulosy is a strange thing!

If this what he says about a person he liked, what would he say about someone he doesn't like. His descriptives were just so mean spirited.

Oh John....poor John, he actually thinks Michael bleached his skin? that he was disfigured, CRAZY? seriously, Thriller is fantastic and they both did an amazing team-work but f*ck him and what he thinks of Michael, we still love the man and will do no matter what ANYONE says. I hope that he doesn't get involved if a 3D project is done. It is well known by now that Michael had awful "friends" I feel sorry for these people.

tumblr_mh9a4jdtm71rhk2w1o2_250.gif

No comments about this guy.....
tumblr_mdxt67va7v1qh7ov5o2_r1_250.gif
*big sigh*

How dared he talking bullshit like that when thanks to Michael he still makes millions! What an arrogant asshole behaving like a fame-whore when he didn't have any need. We already RESPECTED him (no more right now) for Thriller, An American Werewolf In London, etc. It'll never stop to surprise me how money and fame can show the ugliest and most disgusting side of people. I hope the Estate finds out about this, buy Landis' right and get him the f*ck out of the Thriller 3D project!

Not surprised by another douche talkin crap! Yet wanna be involved in MJ projects still. Oh how money talks.....

Sort of reminds me the Kiss incident with the Wales tribute.

Guys, what exactly does John own? Does he own the video, and why did Michael allow that?

Disfigured... what an aweful thing to call someone who so clearly isnt. Ando who was always insecure about his appearence. What an idiot. Im sure John always gets the top spot on the worlds best looking men does he......

MJ's autopsy CLEARLY stated MJ had indeed vitiligo as he always said!!

How some people can still say MJ bleached his skin is beyond me!! - Ignorant fools!!

Re: Hey ! Cooo-wee ! Oi ! John Landis

Exactly!
He thinks he's freaking Spielberg, with a roster filled with Blockbusters, but he's not.

Go To Bed John, Go To Bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep ^

and ..John ! ... John !... :pirate:

michaeljacksonphotospiefightonthesetse1810a.jpg
That's better !

I used to have respect for Landis, it's gone now. What a thoughtful and sensitive guy he is!

Thriller 3D? Kind of useless to me.

I always hated when old films were re-released in 3D when they weren't filmed with that purpose. The only parts that would look cool is when Werewolf Michael and Zombie Michael came towards the screen - that's it.

Back