Johnny Depp Wants to Play Michael Jackson in a Movie

No i loved JD before Jack Sparrow. Jack Sparrow was some of his LEAST impressive roles.

Very interesting. I m not quite sure how I would feel about Johnny Depp playing Michael.

I don't think Johnny's skin colour or anything else matters here; he is a good actor, yes, but I wouldn't like to see anyone play Michael other than...well...Michael! He is one in a million, and although Johnny Depp's easily one of the best actors around I don't think he'd do Michael justice :( xxx

I still find it disturbing that many MJ fans find Johnny Depp the best person to play Michael Joseph Jackson.

I don't think Jonny deep can dance like Mj

I prefer a black actor.

Shouldn't we all? ;)

^ I'm pretty sure that most other sane humans who read the article realized that and discussed it hypothetically anyway.

Thank you, lol. :)

Last edited:
i remember watching Once Upon a Time in Mexico and at the very end when Johnny was kicking some major ass I remember watching it and thinking damn he looks like MJ. My mom actually came into the room and said "what's michael jackson doing in this movie?" I think she was serious when she said it because after a minute she realized it wasn't him. It was around this point in the movie where i was like whoa..
Please tell me im not the only one who sees it lol

deppandrodbigg.jpg

He does look like Mike there, lol.

The whole argument about Johnny not being able to dance like Michael is silly. NOBODY can dance like Michael man. You'd have to get a proffessional to come and stand in for whatever actor you may get. Either that or you'd just have to use footage of Michael himself. Same with the singing.

AW Once Upon A TIme IN Mexico!!!!

I was crying when they put out johnny's beautiful eyes. LOL

I find this hard to believe. I'm apart of a Johnny Depp forum which only posts credible stories and this hasn't made it on that forum yet...so...makes me think that it's untrue. I'm a huge Johnny fan and I keep up with him as I do with Michael but don't recall him saying this in any of his interviews. But who knows...I may have missed it and could be wrong.
smile.gif

A white man portraying Michael? Please. I like Johnny Depp, I think he's very talented but him playing Mike in a movie is only like the worst idea ever.

Last edited:
i posted my dislike in Johnny Depp playing Michael. Like a lot of people here, i like JD, he is a talented actor but that does not make him the best person to play michael (if ever!).

a black man is best suited to play a black man. now, only when there is no black actor qualified to play michael can it be considered ok to have a white actor (or any other color for that matter) for the role. why, (again, i will say if ever bcz this is just speculation) has hollywood ran out with good black actors? i think not....

No, but Denzel Washington, Forest Whittiker and Will Smith don't exactly look like Michael, lol.

You gotta consider body type as well, lest we forget Flex's 6 foot plus, 200lb. plus ass walking around in a wig and black slacks with white socks and loafers, lol.

Last edited:
I can't wait for the movie to be released:lol: But I don't get warm with Jonnie playing Michael. And I don't know who else should do it:unsure: I think there should be several actors, not just an adult one but also a child actor who plays young Michael:yes: Yep that's what I think

I'm not sure how i feel about Johnny Depp playing an older Michael.
But i do know that there are plenty young soft spoken black men who could play adolescent young MJ.Why can't we look at this as an oppurtunity to showcase some new talent?
I'm alittle against the idea of MJ being portrayed by someone who is not black when there are lots of lighter skinned blacks who could play him during bad era and make the transitions as needed with the help of alittle make up.

If anyone should ever play Michael, I think Johnny would be the best for it.

I agree, I wouldn't want anyone but Johnny Depp to play Michael! Because he has always been very nice and positive about Michael. That, plus he is SO attractive!!! And a GREAT actor, he can pull it off, noone else can!

IMO nobody could perform Michael part in a movie, it's too complexe. Remember that movie made by MTV? awfull and also The Jacksons : American dream....well as a child it's still ok but when we get to Thriller it's a massacre :lol:

No, he'd be terrible.

Evan Ross should play Michael I tell ya!

Good call.

evan_ross.jpg

Looking like he's in one of the BAD short film outfits here:

evan-ross.jpg

He could also go through the changes pretty easily. Give him a little darker skin than he has at one point and lighter skin than he has at another point, and you got a Michael. Now the real hassle would be making him look older for the 2000s.

That being said I'm going just off aesthetics and have never seen this guy act.

I Really like JD!!! I think he is one of the best actor of today! I'm more worry about what kind of movie could ever be made about Michael... a movie with some truth... or lies, exacly what media likes to do...

Crap, I've been quoted like five times in this thread now and I've changed my mind, lol.

I agree that if anyone should play Michael it should be a black man, and from those two posted pics it looks like Evan Ross would be an allright option.

If this movie is going to be shot.

Case 1 :
In promotional use for his new album :

I think the movie is rather going to be about the "Child Abusement Trial", revealing Michael's innocence about what is being spread as a lie from the media.

Case 2 :
If it's against Michael:

I don't even wanna think about it, not because I'm upset for Michael (that too) but b coz I'm upset of the media and the people who start believing it. That bullshit should really be stopped. I mean common you want to get Headlines out of Michael ?! Then just let him do what he does best. He WILL provide you with as many Headlines and Groundbreakers as you want.

Back