Jury Deliberations - Discussion thread as we wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the bodyguards were just one in a very long line. But lets not digress too much, this is a thread for jury deliberation discussion at the end of the day.

Hi everyone,

I guess it's the right time for :

34qs689.gif

aza33k.gif

Please everyone, let's not worry about the time the jury takes. We have no idea what's going on, they might just be making sure they make the right decision.

I would have loved a quick verdict too, but I don't want to worry about it until thursday-friday. It was a 6 week trial, with a lot of evidence to review and understand.

If the verdict comes in Monday, or sometime at the beginning of the week, it will be very sympbolic for me. 2009 was my worst year, I lost my dad unexpectedly in early November 2009. I was watching This is it when I got the call 2 years ago.

So a guilty verdict next week, especially on Monday, would be the best way for me to close the door on those 2 years, and finally let them both , Michael and my dad, rest in peace.

I am so upset right now. It's a hard time right now waiting for this verdict. I have been crying a lot. I feel like in the last couple of days we have been hit with some blows. The bodyguards crappy interview, Frank on 20/20 and now Murray filming a documentary. I feel like it's us fans against the world. Maybe I am out of line for saying this but it's like everyone is forgetting that Michael is the victim and we are defending him and supporting him.

All these people with their agendas enjoying life. I have seen pictures of Murray shopping, at the beach etc during the trial and what is Michael doing? Nothing because he is at Forest lawn cemetary. I just feel so sick what is going on around us. Sorry for the rant. It's bad enough this waiting for the verdict but these other things are so not needed right now.
I'm feeling you
I think it might have been worse and more vicious because they wanted Michael to be convicted. I wrote before that TMez said that they were disappointed by the verdict because they had planned to do coverages for months in the future, showing Michael in prison, coverage on what he was eating, his demeanor, etc.

If it was Michael who was charged with negligent homicide, we would have seen a bigger media circus and nastier reporting.

True

Hi everyone,

I guess it's the right time for :

34qs689.gif

aza33k.gif

Please everyone, let's not worry about the time the jury takes. We have no idea what's going on, they might just be making sure they make the right decision.

I would have loved a quick verdict too, but I don't want to worry about it until thursday-friday. It was a 6 week trial, with a lot of evidence to review and understand.

If the verdict comes in Monday, or sometime at the beginning of the week, it will be very sympbolic for me. 2009 was my worst year, I lost my dad unexpectedly in early November 2009. I was watching This is it when I got the call 2 years ago.

So a guilty verdict next week, especially on Monday, would be the best way for me to close the door on those 2 years, and finally let them both , Michael and my dad, rest in peace.

Thanks for the group hug! :)

I want a verdict very soon but if we have to wait..
Do you realise on friday we have this 1111111111 ,= 11 november 2011, 11:11
Michael always number 1

First world war ended 11 nov 1918 11:00 and the world got peace
Michael the peaceman

I want a verdict very soon but if we have to wait..
Do you realise on friday we have this 1111111111 ,= 11 november 2011, 11:11
Michael always number 1

First world war ended 11 nov 1918 11:00 and the world got peace
Michael the peaceman

In that case I think we'll get the verdict tomorrow since it's the 7th, and 7 was Michael's favorite number!

I'm trying to stay positive about the verdict (praying for a guilty) but my mind plays tricks on me telling me to watch out or you might jinx it or you might end up with crushing disappointment and anger if it doesn't turn out that way. I'm sure you are all experiencing this. Then I keep imaging hearing in my mind what each verdict announcement could be and the resulting reaction (the elation or sadness) and the satisfaction all the haters out there will feel if Murray is found not guilty. That is what this waiting does to your mind lol. Then it doesn't help that Nancy Grace predicts he will be found guilty...when she was so wrong about MJ, OJ and Casey (and Lord knows what else). I know, I should not watch her or any of those media people. Don't yell at me heh.

I'm so nervous. I don't know what I'll do if the verdict is not guilty or if Murray gets a light sentence. It'll drive me mad.

I'm trying to stay positive about the verdict (praying for a guilty) but my mind plays tricks on me telling me to watch out or you might jinx it or you might end up with crushing disappointment and anger if it doesn't turn out that way. I'm sure you are all experiencing this. Then I keep imaging hearing in my mind what each verdict announcement could be and the resulting reaction (the elation or sadness) and the satisfaction all the haters out there will feel if Murray is found not guilty. That is what this waiting does to your mind lol. Then it doesn't help that Nancy Grace predicts he will be found guilty...when she was so wrong about MJ, OJ and Casey (and Lord knows what else). I know, I should not watch her or any of those media people. Don't yell at me heh.
yeah this goes through my head constantly. to much thinking time is a bad thing. but ignore grace she always says everyone will be found guilty regardless

As for the person claiming people want a quick verdict to ''move on in their lives'' WTH?! I find this insulting and offending on SO MANY LEVELS.
If you want to ''move on with your life'' as you accuse others of, then there is nothing wrong, but let me just state this, for me having a quick verdict has NOTHING to do with 'moving on', I want a quick verdict because the odds of Murray getting away are higher the longer this deliberation takes. And there is many more members who share the same concerns, and these concerns have NOTHING to do with selfish motives such moving on with our lives. So stop throwing around accusations.

I think you're talking about my post? I'm sorry if you feel offended, that was not my intent and I think you might've misinterpreted my post. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I wasn't referring to everyone, I was specifically referring to certain posts in this thread where people have wished for a quick verdict because they have school/exams/work/appointments etc. next week, and would therefore have wanted the verdict to come on friday because having to wait does not sit well with their schedules. I wanted to point out that this is not about us. And I was not throwing around unfounded accusations, but referring to what was actually being said by some (not all) members in this thread. I didn't just make that stuff up. I hope I explained myself better this time.

I absolutely understand the concern over why the jury didn't reach a quick verdict. I'm also worried for not knowing what they're thinking and doing behind the closed doors, it's very nerve-wracking. :( But I'm trying to have faith in the jurors, I'm sure they're just doing a thorough job and not wanting to appear hasty in their decision.

yeah this goes through my head constantly. to much thinking time is a bad thing. but ignore grace she always says everyone will be found guilty regardless

Good point. She does, doesn't she.

Well, whatever the outcome everyone here fought hard for Michael, as well as the prosecutors and we know the truth whatever happens.

Good point. She does, doesn't she.

Well, whatever the outcome everyone here fought hard for Michael, as well as the prosecutors and we know the truth whatever happens.

Very true.
Jury will proceed monday right??

I can't remember if there seemed to be this much media shit and whoring going on during deliberations in '05?

If even possible, it was much, MUCH worse, before and during deliberations. People crawled out of the woodwork with the most outrageous stories! I won't repeat them here, they were so disgusting.

But two stand out, as examples. It was "reported" that there was a Japanese boy who was molested by Michael. It was stated as if it was fact, with details. The boy was named. That went on for awhile, and then the boy, by then a young adult, came on tv and REFUTED it all. He was angry to have been used in that way. But that was scarcely reported on.

Just one other (and not even the worst). It was reported that when Michael was on the plane carrying him back to California to be arrested (he knew that), that he was entirely hysterical, weeping and screaming. That was reported as fact, on ALL major news channels (it originated with a British tabloid.) But then? It was unknown at the time that some folks had hidden video cameras on the plane! Hoping to sell the footage. .. . (There was a court case about it, later) What the footage ACTUALLY revealed? He was seated next to his attorney, conversing (I think he dropped a couple of F-bombs, but that was to be expected?). He was also shown eating an apple. And that was IT. If there was a retraction of the original story, I never saw it.

The media shredding has been going on for a long, LONG time.

If even possible, it was much, MUCH worse, before and during deliberations. People crawled out of the woodwork with the most outrageous stories! I won't repeat them here, they were so disgusting.

But two stand out, as examples. It was "reported" that there was a Japanese boy who was molested by Michael. It was stated as if it was fact, with details. The boy was named. That went on for awhile, and then the boy, by then a young adult, came on tv and REFUTED it all. He was angry to have been used in that way. But that was scarcely reported on.

Just one other (and not even the worst). It was reported that when Michael was on the plane carrying him back to California to be arrested (he knew that), that he was entirely hysterical, weeping and screaming. That was reported as fact, on ALL major news channels (it originated with a British tabloid.) But then? It was unknown at the time that some folks had hidden video cameras on the plane! Hoping to sell the footage. .. . (There was a court case about it, later) What the footage ACTUALLY revealed? He was seated next to his attorney, conversing (I think he dropped a couple of F-bombs, but that was to be expected?). He was also shown eating an apple. And that was IT. If there was a retraction of the original story, I never saw it.

The media shredding has been going on for a long, LONG time.

You are so right Autumn, I remember that all too clearly. Shame Murray couldn't have one tenth of the malicious stuff that went on when Michael was awaiting his verdict!!

I think you're talking about my post? I'm sorry if you feel offended, that was not my intent and I think you might've misinterpreted my post. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I wasn't referring to everyone, I was specifically referring to certain posts in this thread where people have wished for a quick verdict because they have school/exams/work/appointments etc. next week, and would therefore have wanted the verdict to come on friday because having to wait does not sit well with their schedules. I wanted to point out that this is not about us. And I was not throwing around unfounded accusations, but referring to what was actually being said by some (not all) members in this thread. I didn't just make that stuff up. I hope I explained myself better this time.

I absolutely understand the concern over why the jury didn't reach a quick verdict. I'm also worried for not knowing what they're thinking and doing behind the closed doors, it's very nerve-wracking. :( But I'm trying to have faith in the jurors, I'm sure they're just doing a thorough job and not wanting to appear hasty in their decision.
Thanks for clearing it up Laura, I did misinterpret your post then, so thanks for clearing it up for me, and I even agree with you that this isn't about us, it shouldn't be about us, and those of us complaining really have no reason to. Many of us have put whatever was going on in our personal lives behind, like Elusive taking weeks of, and others as well, including myself, I've been skipping some of my classes for weeks now to be able to follow this trial.
But none of this should matter as long as Murray will be found guilty. That's all I care about.

Last edited:
I found it too ridiculous to hear Chernoff say if it wasn't Michael Jackson there wouldn't be a trial, when we all know that the truth can't be further from it. The lack of outrage toward Murray is because his victim happens to be MJ, if this had happened to anyone else, or any other celebrity Murray wouldn't be handled the way he is now.

Ppl said this on mmcparland twitter account.hes a lawyer commentator for sky news. hes pro pros and mj haters keep saying this. he showed loads of similar cases where ppl were charged with m.s and asked the haters to reply. they never did. anyone else but mj and it would be murder twoin the uk a dr was convicted of m.s when he wasnt watching his paitent properly during an op.the breathing tube became disconnected and the paitent died cause he wasnt watching and that was in a hospital

I found it too ridiculous to hear Chernoff say if it wasn't Michael Jackson there wouldn't be a trial, when we all know that the truth can't be further from it. The lack of outrage toward Murray is because his victim happens to be MJ, if this had happened to anyone else, or any other celebrity Murray wouldn't be handled the way he is now.

agree its ridiculous! I hope this will be an sample for how doc should be loyal through there oath! First do no harm!

Wouldnt be surprised the juror's have already made up their mind.
The entire world has their eyes on them. Maybe they want to be seen as combing through the case like a fine toothbrush
Wouldn't be seen as rushing through a verdict.

IM , 4 years tops for the sentence
and overcrowding, out by 2 years.
I figured if by the time CM is done country jail,(getta the hell outta here,you're eating way too much, good riddance says the jailor)
they'll shove him, whisk him off to his baby Mama, Nicole Alveraz.

Last edited:
Reminder to the europeans that we are back to normal time diff today as the us have put their clocks back

Since we had time over the weekend, it gave me time to think and I've been trying to put myself in the jury's shoes. I guess that even if they had formed an opinion on a verdict prior to deliberations starting they may just want to check some of the earlier testimony. Over the weeks there has been so much info so perhaps they just want to double check to make sure. I hope they will be revisiting the pro's case and checking against the rubbish that the defence presented in the later weeks.
It's a waiting game now, we just have to think positive and keep the faith!!

Essentially, if they don't convict Murray that jury creates a precedent and an excuse for any future criminial neglijent doctor. I hope they are aware of that too.

anyone know any website etc that we can sign up to get text alerts to our cell phone about the jury deliberations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back