Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date April 2, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Update : Case stays alive/ Ortega removed/ Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / AEG wants case dismis

I always did find it really fishy when AEG extended Michaels stay at the O2 from 10 shows to 50 Shows, something just didn't seem right about it, and to allow MJ one day of rest in between shows sorry but he should have had 2 - 3 days to rest Max like what U2 do on there tours
If I recall correctly, Michael's initial contract called for 31 dates. Which he signed. The remaining dates were added later, with his approval. Maybe it's just me, but Michael Jackson NEVER appeared to be a man who did anything he didn't want to do.

Michael Jackson was a FIFTY-YEAR OLD man!

I wish folks would stop acting like Michael was a child, who was some novice in the music business and needed to have his hand-held like some 2-year old unable to cross the street alone.

Re: Update : Case stays alive/ Ortega removed/ Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / AEG wants case dismis

I always did find it really fishy when AEG extended Michaels stay at the O2 from 10 shows to 50 Shows, something just didn't seem right about it, and to allow MJ one day of rest in between shows sorry but he should have had 2 - 3 days to rest Max like what U2 do on there tours

the contract was for upto 31 shows. the only issue is the xtra 19 and who gave or didnt give permission and there wasnt only one day of rest between each show. the days off varied

it seems as though Katherine Joe and JErmaine have themselves in a bit of a pickle...they should just pay them off and be done with it. even if they pay them off a little at a time..its better than nothing.

I'm sure Jermaine ain't trying to make good with the Koreans. Shoot, he doesn't even want to pay child support. LOL!

There was 2 days off or 3 days off betweens the shows. Not just 1 day off.

There was 2 days off or 3 days off betweens the shows. Not just 1 day off.

This

the contract was for upto 31 shows. the only issue is the xtra 19 and who gave or didnt give permission and there wasnt only one day of rest between each show. the days off varied

And this.

Quoted for truth.

When did they release the tickets to the shows? Was it before his pressconference or after? Because the day before the conference they said he was going to do 10 shows and depending on how the ticket sale would go they could extend it up to 50.

and the contract also said 18 minimum. so it was never 10 shows. they probably tested the demand with 10 shows announcement. It looks like it was a marketing technique.

and the contract also said 18 minimum. so it was never 10 shows. they probably tested the demand with 10 shows announcement. It looks like it was a marketing technique.

Yep, and it worked, in my opinion.

There were story after story after story regarding how well those tickets were selling. Including the stories surrounding the folks who had spent the night in order to be included in the first round of sales.

It was well executed and brought a lot of excitement. I enjoyed hearing from the folks who spent the night, why they were there and how excited they were to be there. It was nice!

When did they release the tickets to the shows? Was it before his pressconference or after? Because the day before the conference they said he was going to do 10 shows and depending on how the ticket sale would go they could extend it up to 50.

tickets went on sale after the p.c maybe a couple of weeks. 10 shows was just for pr. to create hype and excitment. you would look daft to announce 5o and for them not all to sell out or announce 50 and ppl think well i dont have to rush to get tickets as after all theres 50 shows

God, to read that again.....I was high from the day I knew that Mike gonna do concerts here in London, where I live!

I was so fucking high! Everyday I went to work with a big smile on my face, my colleagues had tickets too, it was crazy, everyday people wanted to come with me and other fans to the same concerts, or find tickets for their friends!

I was so happy!

God, the best days of my life.

tickets went on sale after the p.c maybe a couple of weeks. 10 shows was just for pr. to create hype and excitment. you would look daft to announce 5o and for them not all to sell out or announce 50 and ppl think well i dont have to rush to get tickets as after all theres 50 shows

Yes, I know about the 10 shows being PR, wrote in a wrong way.. ;)

Last edited:

At that time, Tohme Tohme was Michael's manager, President of MJJProductions, and had Michael's Power of Attorney. He could sign contracts. I hope he testifies.

... As said many times before, reliable fans/people from this very forum said they had seen a short clip of Michael himself uttering these words, but the vid was quickly taken off. No surprise here, of course.. I've no reason to really dispute those couple of ones describing what they saw and heard in those secs. ..

At that time, Tohme Tohme was Michael's manager, President of MJJProductions, and had Michael's Power of Attorney. He could sign contracts. I hope he testifies.

Right, Autumn.. Thome even decided to set more performing dates a week for Michael, according to DiLeo. Thome was abusing his rights, including as far as Neverland went etc, nothing would surprise me; he got fired, and refused to accept that, and even dared to appear alongside Jermaine when they announced that tragic nightmare of a news. ... ... And now he's nowhere to be seen.

yeah. if mj didnt agree to those xtras as he said he didnt. i have no doubt thome agreed for him and mj never knew until later

contract is available online. It's Michael's signature and not Tohme's with power of attorney.

... As said many times before, reliable fans/people from this very forum said they had seen a short clip of Michael himself uttering these words, but the vid was quickly taken off. No surprise here, of course.. I've no reason to really dispute those couple of ones describing what they saw and heard in those secs. ..
all I am gonna add to this conversation is this..I to saw that video...so I believe that there was only ten shows booked in the beginning...that contract means nothing to me...as far as I am concerned it is a bunch of bull. A person cannot tell another person that they did not see what they saw..(talking about the video) ...and I wish that it didnt disappear...whoever has it is afraid to make it public again obviously......Thats all I have to say on this subject.

DANG! The folks at the Segye Times ain't no joke, that's for sure!

I'm not sure, but this looks like a bit of: "What comes around, Goes around!"

It appears that they are definitely keeping their eyes on the actions of the Jackson family members who "wronged" them. (Jermaine better watch his back, they just might be coming after his book advance. LOL!)

I wonder if Howard Mann will release a statement calling the Segye Times "GREEDY" for going after Katherine Jackson. Or is he just trying to protect Katherine's pocketbook when it comes to the Estate of Michael Jackson.
For real
I totally agree!

I mean, they were obviously very forthcoming with their money and/or gifts, without even speaking to the MAIN MAN, i.e. Michael Jackson.

Jermaine, Katherine and Joe Jackson must have been talking a good game, in that they were able to walk away with so much and gave nothing in return.

But alas, the Koreans are like: DON'T THINK FOR ONE SECOND THAT WE FORGOT YOU OWE US MONEY!
They deserve their money and it's good that they're going after it, these people need to realize that they can NOT go around doing shady deals and promising false deals in the name of someone else. I hope they nail her for every penny she owes them. I wanna see those lazy sons of her go out and make a living for themselves, WITHOUT selling out, stealing, defaming, doing tacky appearances.

contract is available online. It's Michael's signature and not Tohme's with power of attorney.

i think autumn means the xtra 19 shows that were added. is there a contract for that or are u just talking about the original 31 one?

i think autumn means the xtra 19 shows that were added. is there a contract for that or are u just talking about the original 31 one?

ah okay. probably there's a signed document for that but no that's not public. I was mentioning the original contract for 18 to 31 shows.

If I recall correctly, Michael's initial contract called for 31 dates. Which he signed. The remaining dates were added later, with his approval. Maybe it's just me, but Michael Jackson NEVER appeared to be a man who did anything he didn't want to do.

Michael Jackson was a FIFTY-YEAR OLD man!

I wish folks would stop acting like Michael was a child, who was some novice in the music business and needed to have his hand-held like some 2-year old unable to cross the street alone.

haha I stand corrected, thanks guys :)

Mike obviously didn't have good folks around him again. Thome was a crook. You don't obligate yourself to 50 shows without even knowing it. How does something like that happen? Mike was in the business for over 40 years. He should've surrounded himself with able and competent folks. Why was Thome running his affairs anyway? again where is Jermaine and what was his involvement in hooking MJ up with Thome?

all I am gonna add to this conversation is this..I to saw that video...so I believe that there was only ten shows booked in the beginning...that contract means nothing to me...as far as I am concerned it is a bunch of bull. A person cannot tell another person that they did not see what they saw..(talking about the video) ...and I wish that it didnt disappear...whoever has it is afraid to make it public again obviously......Thats all I have to say on this subject.

I also saw the video, and it was absolutely REAL. It wasn't up for long, but I watched it several times. I know what I SAW. It looked like it was taken with a cell-phone, and not by paparazzi. Michael was upset, looked like he was crying, or close to tears. At one point, he put his hands to his face in a "prayer gesture." The contract means absolutely nothing to me (I have no idea if he signed his name, or if someone else signed his signature, or what), in comparison with MICHAEL'S OWN WORDS, that I heard as clearly as I've ever heard anything.

And that, too, is all I have to say on this subject.

If Mike was so scared why didn't anyone help him? where were his advisors and family? I remember hearing about that tape but I never saw it. It sounds like Mike was an emotional wreck and he didn't have anyone to reach out to.

I also saw the video, and it was absolutely REAL. It wasn't up for long, but I watched it several times. I know what I SAW. It looked like it was taken with a cell-phone, and not by paparazzi. Michael was upset, looked like he was crying, or close to tears. At one point, he put his hands to his face in a "prayer gesture." The contract means absolutely nothing to me (I have no idea if he signed his name, or if someone else signed his signature, or what), in comparison with MICHAEL'S OWN WORDS, that I heard as clearly as I've ever heard anything.

And that, too, is all I have to say on this subject.

:( Jesus....

And Michael never told anyone but fans this? Speculation rules here it seems

My question is - whether Michael agreed to do 10, 31 or 50 shows, how is it connected to his death?

And how do you know he hadn't told anyone but those fans? Instead of indirectly stating that fans here that saw that video are lying or are delusional, when they merely described what they saw. Maybe Michael too was a liar then.

And THAT is why I didn't want to mention it. This is NOT "speculation." It was SEEN, by several people from this board, and that comprises eye-witness accounts, which has nothing to do with "speculation." We are not "speculating" about what we saw. We DID see it, and for anyone to say that we did not, or that we are "speculating" about what we saw, disrespects our credibility, and I am NOT going down that road yet again. Xthunderx2, and I, and I believe Mechi saw it, as well, (and I'm sure there are others) and we are NOT lying. We saw what we saw. It was not a mass-hallucination. Why did he tell fans? I have no idea as to his motivations. I just know what I saw and heard. How that fits into a larger picture IS "speculation," but the witnessing of the video is NOT speculation.

What it means in a larger context, I really couldn't say. A momentary thought Michael had? Or what? The video existed and then was taken down. And that's IT. We should move on from that discussion.

The video was there, and then it was gone. What that MEANS, I am not "speculating" about.

My question is - whether Michael agreed to do 10, 31 or 50 shows, how is it connected to his death?

It is connected with the way his insomnia got very serious. Then it took a moronic 'doctor' to take advantage of that fully (pumping him with propofol and medication), this leading to the tragedy on June 25.

But the focus right now should be on Murray, as he is standing trial for his complete recklessness and alleged stupidity, which that family don't seem to comprehend. .. They may focus on these other parties After Murray's trial, yet, they only view Murray as the fall guy... So, two rabbits seem to eventually fail being shot, instead of the opposite ... ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back