Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date April 2, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wrongful death lawsuits - Katherine and MJ's kids sue AEG / Murray responds to Joe's lawsuit

It is mind boggling to me, to see how many of you have convicted Murray without having all the evidence.
We didn't like it when they did that to Michael, why would you do it to someone else? Did you ever consider that it is possible that AEG had Murray under control financially as well and that perhaps they are more at fault in Michael's death then the doctor? Maybe he was just following orders?
At the present time, we just don't have enough facts to make that call one way or the other.
I say bravo to Mrs. Jackson for trying to get to the truth.

Re: Wrongful death lawsuits - Katherine and MJ's kids sue AEG / Murray responds to Joe's lawsuit

If AEG was calling the shots like this lawsuit says then Michael did not listen he was still going to Klein. And stop taken the drugs Klein is given you lets look at what Klein gave Michael. Tizanidine a muscle relaxer given him on June 7 2009 and Zanaflex that he got on November 11 2008. And prednisone which to him in April 25 2009 and again in June 2009 that is an anti inflammatory medication, So in other words AEG said to Michael stop taken medicine for your muscle aches and you don't need no anti inflammatory medication we want you to be in pain we want you to be hurting when you do these shows. We want you at every show we want you at rehearsal all of the time and we are so mean about it we want you there in pain screw arthritis screw your lupus we want you in pain when you perform for us so we can make money.

spot on!

for the next post I'll copy from " http://mjandjustice4some.blogspot.com/2010/09/katherine-jackson-files-suit-against.html"

according to their research Katherine's lawyer is quite successful.

They say

"Katherine is being represented by an attorney named Brian Panish. In 2004, Panish and another attorney "won the largest personal injury verdict in California" to date, when a jury awarded $58 million to their client who had suffered burns over 75% of his body due to a company parts' malfunction. Panish also represented a family who brought a lawsuit against GM because the gas tank of their Chevy Malibu exploded. This was not the only gas tank to explode because ultimately the jury ordered GM to pay $4.9 billion to their victims. I did not do extensive research on Panish, but apparently she has retained an accomplished and experienced attorney in order to sue AEG for the wrongful death of Michael Jackson"

They also have a nice simplified but yet detailed summary of the lawsuit and what Katherine says in her lawsuit.

"Katherine alleges:

1. Michael was under contract with AEG for the This Is It tour and that under that contract "AEG had legal duties to Michael Jackson to treat him safely and not put him in harm's way....But AEG, despite its' knowledge of Michael Jackson's physical condition, breached those duties by putting desire for massive profits from the Tour over the health and safety of Michael Jackson." Katherine alleges AEG's actions/inactions led to MJ's death on 6/25/09.

2. Katherine Jackson alleges that AEG hired Dr. Conrad Murray. The lawsuit states that not only did AEG hire Dr. Conrad Murray, but that AEG was attempting to control MJ through Murray. It alleges that "AEG demanded and required that Michael Jackson would attend all rehearsals and shows on the tour" and this was ensured through Conrad Murray.

3. Lawsuit names defendants as: AEG LIVE LLC, Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc., Brandon (aka Randy) Phillips, Kenny Ortega, Paul Gongaware (co-CEO AEG), Tim Leiweke (president and CEO AEG).

4. Lawsuit states that Michael entered into a contract with AEG on January 26, 2009. The agreement was an "artist loan out" agreement. AEG had the rights to merchandising and other revenues. "AEG advances Michael Jackson substantial sums of money, which it was to recoup through revenues of the Tour. If however, Jackson failed to perform, or failed to generate the revenue to cover the advances, then AEG would have the right to collect the advance against security provided by Michael Jackson and his company Michael Jackson, LLC." Assets AEG could seize included MJ's half of the Sony/ATV. "Indeed, AEG was even entitled by the contract to recoup from Jackson the production costs from the Tour if the Tour itself were not to be successful."

5. Lawsuit alleges AEG essentially controlled MJ's life; he was financially dependent on AEG, the home he lived in was provided by AEG, "and his assets stood security if he failed to perform."

6. Lawsuit alleges the AEG contract required MJ to help buy life insurance in which AEG would benefit in the event of Jackson's demise. MJ was required to buy cancellation insurance at his own expense and name AEG as the beneficiary.

7. Lawsuit alleges that rehearsals began in April, 2009. By May, 2009, AEG complains to MJ that he is missing rehearsals, instructs him to no longer see or take prescriptions from current doctor (Dr. Klein) and to start seeing doctor AEG would provide.

8. Lawsuit alleges AEG hired Murray, entered into a contract to pay him $150,000 per month from May, 2009 through June, 2010. AEG agrees to pay for all of Murray's medical equipment including CPR equipment and a nurse.

Lawsuit alleges Murray's timeline:

May 8: Murray enters into contract with AEG.

May 12: Murray orders first propofol through pharmacy in Las Vegas.

May 15: Murray advises AEG in writing that he has started his services with Jackson.

May 22: Murray send an email to AEG which contains his bank account information.

In this period, Murray gives Jackson doses of Versed, Ativan, Valium and Propofol.

June 18: Jackson misses rehearsal. Phillips arrives at Jackson's house on Carolwood Drive, and Murray was there. AEG reads Jackson the "riot act" stating that there will be no more missed rehearsals or AEG will "pull the plug" on the Tour. AEG requires Murray to accompany Jackson to rehearsals and says that it is "tough love".

On the same day, (June 18) Michael Jackson arrives at rehearsal "visibly upset." Murray attends rehearsals. That night MJ is given the same cocktail of prescriptions drugs along with the propofol as the night of June 25.

June 19: Jackson arrives at rehearsals "upset, not coherent, and seemed drugged and disoriented."

June 23: At rehearsal, Jackson is "freezing cold". Jackson required a heater.

June 24: Jackson's disorientation and shivering continue at rehearsals.

June 25: Jackson dies under Murray's care.

Essentially, Katherine's lawsuit is based on her belief that AEG breached their contract by not providing CPR equipment and a nurse. In addition, Katherine believes that AEG did not care if Michael Jackson was in ill health, but rather about the possibilities of unheard of revenue that occurs when Michael Jackson goes on tour.
"

But I still see a big SO WHAT in all this. Even if they signed a contract, AEG didn't administer an overdose of propofol. A supposedly competent doctor of MJ's choosing did. Even if AEG put pressure on Murray to ensure he do whatever necessary for MJ to be able to perform, the professional doctor is responsible for the course of treatment. Not the promoter. That's why MJ wanted Murray. He thought Murray knew what he was doing and would be able to effectively treat his problem, whatever it was. I don't see how AEG is responsible for the extent of Murray's treatment. If he didn't have the right equipment, he SHOULD NOT have administered the propofol. PERIOD.

This is really the Mother of ALL Bottom Line here but it's Michael Fuc*king Jackson and everything has to be made into a big Circus so greedy people can make money.

I see some people saying this is being done just for money, not for justice for Michael.

I think it depends on your definition of justice. This is a civil suit that asks for damages in other words money. Some people might only see a prison sentence as justice while for some others a court saying "pay up" might mean justice.

Like I said I believe it depends for each individual and what they see as justice.

Where there any exhibits attached to her lawsuit? For AEG not to care about Michael's health Michael died a healthy man

Oh lordy...just read this entire thread and through the lawsuit papers. Thanks Ivy for spelling things out for those of us less savvy with this type of thing.

I too am wondering why the hurry for this lawsuit, when there's 4 years to do it. That worries me greatly...Do they know something we don't? I hate to think greed for money alone would drive them to jeopordise a criminal trial.

for the next post I'll copy from " http://mjandjustice4some.blogspot.com/2010/09/katherine-jackson-files-suit-against.html"

according to their research Katherine's lawyer is quite successful.

They say

"Katherine is being represented by an attorney named Brian Panish. In 2004, Panish and another attorney "won the largest personal injury verdict in California" to date, when a jury awarded $58 million to their client who had suffered burns over 75% of his body due to a company parts' malfunction. Panish also represented a family who brought a lawsuit against GM because the gas tank of their Chevy Malibu exploded. This was not the only gas tank to explode because ultimately the jury ordered GM to pay $4.9 billion to their victims. I did not do extensive research on Panish, but apparently she has retained an accomplished and experienced attorney in order to sue AEG for the wrongful death of Michael Jackson"

"
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mr. Panish is a graduate of California State University, Fresno (B.S., Cum Laude, 1980), where he received the Fresno State Scholar Athlete Award and Athletic Directors Award and was also selected as California State University, Fresno's 2010 Outstanding Alumni. While attending Southwestern Law School (J.D., Cum Laude, 1984), he won the American Jurisprudence Award in Wills and Trusts, Legal Professions Secured Transactions, Entertainment Law and Product Liability.
And much more... >>> http://www.psandb.com/panish.html

Lawyering Up Pellicano's Victims

Deadline Hollywood Daily

By Nikki Finke

March 9, 2006

I've learned that two high profile Westside Los Angeles litigators, Neville Johnson (of the firm Johnson and Rishwain) and Brian Panish (of Panish Shea & Boyle LLP) are meeting with many victims of the Pellicano wiretapping scandal to jointly represent them. Remember last month's LA Times story speculating how costly these cases could be if deep pocketed cities like Los Angeles and Beverly Hills, or fancy-shmancy law firms, or super-rich Pellicano clients were found liable in some way for The Pelican's deeds? Well, Johnson was quoted by the paper warning that the damages could be vast. (Cuba Gooding Jr. should be shouting, "Show me the money!")
Quick bios are in order. Expectedly, both attorneys are well-awarded.
Johnson is a foremost go-to guy for invasion-of-privacy torts, especially against the media. He repped Carolyn Condit (wife of Cong. Gary Condit) in a libel lawsuit against the National Enquirer that was settled for a secret amount. He's sued ABC for its news magazine shows' tactic of using hidden cameras. Most recently, Johnson is leading indie label TSR Records' antitrust lawsuit against Sony BMG Music Entertainment; it's an outgrowth of the music giant's settlement of those pesky payola allegations. His firm takes on many such David vs Goliath cases even though it's much more common here to embrace Goliath and kiss off David.
Panish is best known as the lead plaintiffs' lawyer who brought General Motors to its knees in 1999 over secret documents and memos stemming from fuel-tank fires that erupted in collisions. He scored a $4.9 billion jury award, forcing the auto maker to eventually settle a string of accident related-personal injury lawsuits. More recently, Panish was the plaintiffs' lawyer when an Orange County jury ordered the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway to pay $2.8 million to the parents of a commuter who died in a 2002 Metrolink accident. But that's peanuts compared to the largest ever San Francisco jury award of $27 million he secured for the family of a 4-year-old girl hit by a Muni truck. Panish also is repping victims and families against the City of Santa Monica for that accident when a car driven by an 88-year-old man plowed through a crowded farmers market, killing 10 and injuring 63.
http://www.psandb.com/news-pellicano-dhd.html

I see some people saying this is being done just for money, not for justice for Michael.

I think she GENUINELY believes AEG contributed to what happened on June 25 and they did. With the pressure they applied to him, they undoubtedly compounded the stress he felt in making his comeback. But to some extent, this charge that AEG did not take care of him as they were supposed to, reminds me of Joe blaming Katherine for not doing the same thing.

Michael Jackson pretty much did what he wanted to do. The dancers, singers, and major players for his concert were hand picked by Michael. To think he would leave his own health in the hands of someone he did not have faith in is not Michael Jackson.

well... I think the question in bold letters is a valid concern we can't answer, just because Katherine knows what we don't. I choose to think the reason for her doing so now, this way, is just because she has solid proof to back all this. I do hope that is the case. I hope that with all my heart.

I hope with all my heart as well there is some evidence to support this suit. Otherwise, it comes off as not only premature, but totally baseless.

It is mind boggling to me, to see how many of you have convicted Murray without having all the evidence.
We didn't like it when they did that to Michael, why would you do it to someone else? Did you ever consider that it is possible that AEG had Murray under control financially as well and that perhaps they are more at fault in Michael's death then the doctor? Maybe he was just following orders?
At the present time, we just don't have enough facts to make that call one way or the other.

I say bravo to Mrs. Jackson too. I know Murray's guilty, but I think AEG has culpability also, and the only way to hold corporations responsible is thru a civil lawsuit.

Attorneys for Dr. Conrad Murray argued in a court filing that Joe Jackson's complaint should be dismissed because the Jackson family patriarch is not a beneficiary of the singer's estate.
Murray's attorneys also argued that the wrongful death lawsuit is rife with improper arguments and statements that should be stricken.

this sickens me badly...As for L.Richie he feels there wasn't any foul play with MJ death so whats his statements so important. At the end of the day like i said before "they" are going to whatever to prove MJ was an addict when he has a lot of people who were in his life who can tell the real deal. But why would day when they lives will be on the line i will go all out to get these killers put away but its sad that they can get away with anything that is apart of them that's all i will say. Its going to take the fans and people who really care to force this Justice for MJ

I think she GENUINELY believes AEG contributed to what happened on June 25 and they did. With the pressure they applied to him, they undoubtedly compounded the stress he felt in making his comeback. But to some extent, this charge that AEG did not take care of him as they were supposed to, reminds me of Joe blaming Katherine for not doing the same thing.

Michael Jackson pretty much did what he wanted to do. The dancers, singers, and major players for his concert were hand picked by Michael. To think he would leave his own health in the hands of someone he did not have faith in is not Michael Jackson.

I hope with all my heart as well there is some evidence to support this suit. Otherwise, it comes off as not only premature, but totally baseless.

If he was disoriented, he could not be responsible for his own health. Did they threaten him? That will come out in the trial. We will have to see what the evidence is, what witnesses say.

We didn't like it when they did that to Michael, why would you do it to someone else?
i take it u have no clue about the case. ill presume that casue otherwise theres no reason for suhc a comment.even fans are being taken in .murrays must be laughing his head off. he doesnt even need a lawyer to create a defence for him

7. Lawsuit alleges that rehearsals began in April, 2009. By May, 2009, AEG complains to MJ that he is missing rehearsals, instructs him to no longer see or take prescriptions from current doctor (Dr. Klein) and to start seeing doctor AEG would provide.
June 18: Jackson misses rehearsal. Phillips arrives at Jackson's house on Carolwood Drive, and Murray was there. AEG reads Jackson the "riot act" stating that there will be no more missed rehearsals or AEG will "pull the plug" on the Tour. AEG requires Murray to accompany Jackson to rehearsals and says that it is "tough love".

On the same day, (June 18) Michael Jackson arrives at rehearsal "visibly upset." Murray attends rehearsals. That night MJ is given the same cocktail of prescriptions drugs along with the propofol as the night of June 25.

Well, Michael kept going to the office of Klein. The last visit of Michael to Klein was on June 17, 2009. And all pictures of that day are in MJJPictures.

Murray was in rechearsals? Well, nobody TII team said nothing about it in the numerous interviews they gave. Very, very, very strange.

The last visit of Michael to Klein was on June 17, 2009. And all pictures of that day are in MJJPictures.
his last visit was on the 22nd june so even better lol.the visit wasnt reported on at the time. fans who were there mentioned it.

Murray was in rechearsals? Well, nobody TII team said nothing about it in the numerous interviews they gave. Very strange.
i doubt thats true. it would have been mentioned at least once. he certainly wasnt there on the 24th

instructs him to no longer see or take prescriptions from current doctor (Dr. Klein) and to start seeing doctor AEG would provide.

murray was with mj back in march so how come AEG suddenly hired the same dr that mj was already using LOL this lawsuit has got more holes in it than the titanic.someone needs to tell katherines lawyers mj first met murray back in 06. then again dont. it will be more fun seeing the case torn apart instead. this lawyer is gonna wish he went no where near them

Well, Michael kept going to the office of Klein. The last visit of Michael to Klein was on June 17, 2009. And all pictures of that day are in MJJPictures.

Murray was in rechearsals? Well, nobody TII team said nothing about it in the numerous interviews they gave. Very, very, very strange.

I did read somewhere where someone mentioned that Murray had been at rehearsals - I don't think they specified which ones.

ugggghaaaaah! My head is spinning with all this mess. The more I read the more confused I get and now I don't know what to think after my last post. The thing is the autopsy is the only evidence, we the fans have. We have nothing else and it says he was healthy. I'm thinking the truth isn't black and white in this case but shades of grey.
Michael wasn't and addict as confirmed by the autopsy
Dr. Murray gave him a fatal dose of propofol and benzos
Michael was under contract to AEG.
The rest throughly confuses my brain.
Michael did die under AEG's care though.
So if Murray is not convicted the only justice is through AEG from the Katherine's point of view.
sorry thinking and typing lol!
On a serious note this is all so so sad. What a situation to have to be discussing.

This is Arnie Klein's creditor claim
http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/1027_klein_jackson_wm.pdf

For June 09 Michael visited him on June 1, 3, 4, 10, 16, and 22nd.

I did read somewhere where someone mentioned that Murray had been at rehearsals - I don't think they specified which ones.

I vaguely remember Karen Faye saying she saw him once at a rehearsal - although I might be wrong.

I wish Katherine would comment on her lawsuit and clarify things.

Well, ok, I see that. I will speak for myself then. I do applaud her for trying to get at the truth, And if the truth comes with a pricetag than so be it. I agree that big corporations only care when it hurts the bottom line. But I do think it is not in her best interests to do it at this time.

well... I think the question in bold letters is a valid concern we can't answer, just because Katherine knows what we don't. I choose to think the reason for her doing so now, this way, is just because she has solid proof to back all this. I do hope that is the case. I hope that with all my heart.
Even if she has solid proof to back it up it surely jeopardizes the criminal case against Murray. Whcihc leads me to think, either she does not realize this. Or, she needs to force some information out of AEG for the criminal trial so is suing them civilly. Or, she has given up hope in the criminal trial and has decided to at least come away with something.

Maybe neither. it is very worrisome.

Also, for any who feel differently, the "I was only following orders defense" has never been legally valid. Murray is categorically responsible for his role in MJ's death.

it s mind boggling to me that people keep comparing Michael's trial with Murray's trial.

Michael was accused of something just by words and those accusations needed to be proved right before he would be named guilty. Until then he was supposed to be treated as innocent. And then he was proven innocent in court.

Murray's case is competely different. He was a doctor and he had a patient. And his patient died while under his care. And the coroner said the cause of death was the medications that the doctor gave the patient. And the doctor admitted giving those medications to him! He is guilty. It's only the degree of guilt that should be determined (like whether it's IM or second degree). That's of course unless it's really some sort of conspiracy and Murray is covering for someone else. And in this case Murray is quilty of withholding information. No matter how you are looking at this case Murray is guilty, one way or the other.

If he was following orders it doesn't excuse him. If they were forcing him to do that to Michael, he should have gone to the police.

Last edited:

If he was disoriented, he could not be responsible for his own health. Did they threaten him? That will come out in the trial. We will have to see what the evidence is, what witnesses say.

I could be wrong, but I think Michael always wanted a doctor to help get him through the concert and that term was part of initial negotiations where there was never any talk of him being disoriented. And I hate that it's already coming off that MJ didn't know what the hell he was doing, that he was out of his mind...didn't know what he was signing, didn't know who was working for him, etc. etc. The poor man is going to be ripped to shreds all over again.

This is Arnie Klein's creditor claim
http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/1027_klein_jackson_wm.pdf

For June 09 Michael visited him on June 1, 3, 4, 10, 16, and 22nd.

I vaguely remember Karen Faye saying she saw him once at a rehearsal - although I might be wrong.

I am pretty sure that it wasn't KF. It could have been in an interview - I remember that he/she thought Murray was enamored with the whole thing, celebrity & perhaps he said arrogant? It was a long time ago, so I could be wrong too.

I know Pearl Jr. has said he wasn't attending rehearsals.

at this point i simply do not care,,, whatever and blah to this lawsuit it will be thrown away faster than you can spell Jackson.. I feel sorry for the children for being used, for money and money only.. so whatever.. let them go out on a limb and make a fool outta themselves, it wouldnt be the first time anyway, they are experts in doing so.

Murray's case is competely different. He was a doctor and he had a patient. And his patient died while under his care. And the coroner said the cause of death was the medications that the doctor gave the patient. And the doctor admitted giving those medications to him! He is guilty. It's only the degree of guilt that should be determinded (like whether it's IM or second degree).

thank you

The poor man is going to be ripped to shreds all over again.
and his family are the ones who are doing it. i cant take much more of this

And I hate that it's already coming off that MJ didn't know what the hell he was doing, that he was out of his mind...didn't know what he was signing, didn't know who was working for him, etc. etc. The poor man is going to be ripped to shreds all over again.

YEP! It's going to be a strange TURN of events.

Ms. Katherine's side will be pushing the MJ was: "weak, being controlled, afraid of his own shadow, and a long time drug addict" defense.

While AEG will be pushing the MJ was: "strong, IN control, calling the shots, nothing got approved unless MJ said so, and a person who took charge of the dancers, music and staging" defense.

When you look at that picture, it SHOULD be in reverse.

She has Prince listed has a bystander so yes he could. You think Michale would approve of his kids being used this way?
Do you think Michael would have approved of murray calling Prince to watch him die if he wasn't already dead?

Prince is not listed for show you know.

I predict Katherine's lawsuit will never go to trial.
I believe AEG will offer a monetary settlement; afterall,
they made a lot of money off of Michael Jackson.
I just wish Katherine would stop trying to collect money
for her children and other grandchildren.

My concern is that someone love and take care of Michael Jackson's children: Prince, Paris, and Blanket.
They need love, nurturing and a peaceful place to grow up. :huggy:

Last edited:

The only good thing is Michael is not here to see this. And if he was so damn bad how you figure he could do the AGE shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back