Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date April 2, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wrongful death lawsuits - Katherine and MJ's kids sue AEG / Murray responds to Joe's lawsuit

In a wrongful death suit, the legal guardian of minor children can be referred to as the guardian ad litem. Only in cases where "best interests of the children" are litigated, is there a neutral guardian ad litem (attorney) appointed to represent the children. I'm sure Mrs. Jackson's lawyers know what they are doing; let's give them the benefit of the doubt. It is really none of our business to speculate on motives, guilt, etc.----that's what court cases are about. Bottom line: The Jackson family deserves to know every detail of everything that happened to Michael by every party involved. That's all that's important.

Re: Wrongful death lawsuits - Katherine and MJ's kids sue AEG / Murray responds to Joe's lawsuit

Thank you for clearing that up.T
In a wrongful death suit, the legal guardian of minor children can be referred to as the guardian ad litem. Only in cases where "best interests of the children" are litigated, is there a neutral guardian ad litem (attorney) appointed to represent the children. I'm sure Mrs. Jackson's lawyers know what they are doing; let's give them the benefit of the doubt. It is really none of our business to speculate on motives, guilt, etc.----that's what court cases are about. Bottom line: The Jackson family deserves to know every detail of everything that happened to Michael by every party involved. That's all that's important.

Does the lawsuit indicate how they confirmed it? I have to go back and read it. In any case it shows how greedy Murray was to be paid working without a contract and agreeing to do something so dangerous.D
You need to take into consideration date of the contract as well.

If we go by the timeline of events presented in this lawsuit: On May 8th AEG confirms that they would hire Murray (which could be seen as an oral agreement) but they didn't send a written copy of the contract to Murray until June 18th. Then the contract was revised and sent to Murray again on June 23rd. Murray signed it and faxed it to AEG by June 24th night.

Michael died on June 25th.

So by Katherine's lawsuit alleges even though AEG said that they would hire Murray, they were still working on negotiations, revisions. And it looks like the contract didn't have time to make its way to Michael for him to sign.

It's not like Murray and AEG signed the contract 2 months ago and Michael took his time to sign it. The contract wasn't finalized until June 23rd.

I agree completely. The Jacksons deserve the truth. Every family in a similar situation would want to know what happened.

:flowers:Thanks so much for explaining about the guardian ad litem. Legal issues can be very confusing.

I dont know why people think that Katherine has filed this lawsuit for money....I know everyone uses Michael as their cash cow...However..in this instance...I believe that Katherine filed this suite with the right intentions..and that is to find out as close as she could what exactly happend to Michael....and to hold EVERYONE not just Murray responsible...that is the only way we will ever get the truth...people HAVE TO BE MADE to talk...and I think this is a great start.
Ditto!

The AEG contract if needed gave them the right to sue Michael Jackson (the person) and Michael Jackson Company - makes sense as Michael had formed a living trust and all his assets were owned by his company but not by the person.

True Sony/ ATV is included in that but it's not the only asset.

does the AEG contract specifically state that the catalogue is among the assets under Michael Jackson Company LLC? according to

http://www.geniusmichaeljackson.com/en/companies.html

it is a management company.

and http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com/
says this:

MJ-ATV Publishing Trust (MJ 50% share in Sony/ATV Music Publishing) is under New Horizon Trust II until December 10, 2012. MJ Publishing Trust (MiJac catalouge mostly) in under New Horizon Trust III until the same time.

so if the AEG contract did not specifically state that, maybe we're all going by what Leonard Rowe "thought?" because i don't think he categorically stated it as fact.

or are all his other companies and trusts owned by the Michael Jackson Co LLC?

previously known "facts" contradict some allegations in the lawsuit, and it's hard to tell where this is going. but i think AEG could easily tear this apart.

No wonder i am dreading these trials. Don't want these trials, don't care about these trials. When they get through stomping on MJ'S carcass in just about every court room in california, Will he be recognizable.??? And this is justice for MICHAEL.?????

You would rather his killers go free and are forgetten about?! Really?

You would rather his killers go free and are forgetten about?! Really?
Yeah, the worst has already happened, Michael is gone forever. I don't know why some fans are so worried about Michael's image as if his legacy hasn't been intact for decades and will only continue to flourish. The accusations in 1993 did not destroy him, the trial in 2005 didn't destroy him and this won't either. Michael's mother and other family members want answers and they deserve to get them. None of us want to make michael out to be to be sick, controlled and etc but there are so many lingering questions and you can't be at peace with something when you have questions. Just imagine how his family feels if some of us are aggravated with all of this. Anyone who played a part in Michael's death should be punished.

This lawsuit doesn't take away the fact that Conrad Murray injected Michael with the propofol which directly led to his death. People shouldn't be worried about how this will effect the case because what Murray did was unjustifiable. I haven't heard one medical expert say that under any circumstance should a cardiologist give a patient anesthesia to sleep at home without the proper equipment.

i want justice for Michael...but first the prosecutor should have his chance!this civil trials can wait a little...

i want justice for Michael...but first the prosecutor should have his chance!this civil trials can wait a little...

Personally I would wait too but Katherine has lawyers advising her so she went for it for a reason. It's been over a year since Michael's passing maybe they didn't plan for the case to be delayed and dragged out so much. Hopefully they have a good plan and know what they're doing.

Last edited:

I think that it is important that the trials are done sooner - witnesses lose their memory & may even pass away (sorry to say). Also, in civil trials Murray will have to testify & they may uncover new evidence of additional wrongdoing.

I am hoping they have a great plan. The lawyer seems really good from what I read.

Can every one please not DOUBLE and TRIPLE post. Please edit your last comment. Thanks :flowers:

I never said anything about you personally so I don't know where you get that I said you questioned the validity of the lawsuit. The feeling in general from many fans is that they do simply because it is being brought by the Jacksons who one fan said its the Jacksons but then singled out 3T as being different from the Jacksons. I have no doubt that 3T would be in support of this lawsuit and my opinion stands. No one said that my opinion is fact just like no one else's opinion can be taken for fact. The whole thrust of that testimony in court was about to be the executors and it was whittled down to something else. Its clear that the family including 3T who many fans put on a pedestal did not trust the executors and believe that there is a conspiracy in MJ's death. I mentioned 3T because another fan mentioned them as the litmus test. I don't hold that same belief. This lawsuit clearly outlines that conspiracy and calls it such and I support it.

Taj never said anything about the validity of the executors. They spoke against the memoribilia tour and wanted a family member to be included as an executor. How is anything you stated as opinion "clear" when it is based on misinformation adn has nothing to back it up. Please if you know more information or know of a source enlighten us so we can all be brought up to speed. I personally would like to know.

Fans have to be very careful to not to jump to conclusions and form opinions based on ideas pulled from the air.

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_13179770
Nephew: Michael Jackson did not trust many people
By Linda Deutsch, Associated Press
Posted: 08/21/2009 04:26:40 PM PDT
Updated: 08/21/2009 04:28:39 PM PDT

Taj Jackson's testimony at a hearing on Friday was meant to bolster his grandmother's opposition to a proposed exhibition of the King of Pop's memorabilia. The 36-year-old said his uncle had his own plans for displaying artifacts that he collected at his Neverland Estate.

Concert promoter AEG Live and the current administrators of Michael Jackson's estate have proposed a three-city exhibition of the singer's belongings, which would open in conjunction with the release of a movie based on his final rehearsals for his "This is It" tour.

A judge is scheduled to rule later Friday on whether the exhibition goes

Michael Jackson died June 25. He has yet to be buried. (AP photo) forward.

Katherine Jackson's attorneys have opposed the exhibition because they say it should have been competitively bid and the estate should have a larger cut of the proceeds than the negotiated 50-50 split with AEG.

Taj Jackson was one of several witnesses called by Katherine Jackson's attorneys, but the only one who was allowed to testify in public. Other witnesses included an accountant, an attorney and one of the estate's executors, John Branca.

Their testimony was kept private because it included details of the proposed finances of the exhibition.

Taj Jackson said he worked for his uncle for the last year of his life, doing "whatever he wanted me to help him with." He said the singer did not trust many people, but did trust him.

"I loved my uncle so much and I just want to do right by him," the younger Jackson said as he took the stand. "We were very close to my uncle. He was a genius obviously."

To show the depth of their connection, Taj Jackson said that as children he and his siblings loved Transformers toys. "He got the idea for 'Moonwalk' from that, he told us."

Taj Jackson said he never attended any of the "This is It" rehearsals because "we always wanted to be surprised." He said he thought that his uncle would have been very protective of the footage shot at those rehearsals.

He also said Michael Jackson had his own plans for displaying his memorabilia.

"At Neverland, he had a certain section for memorabilia and he had a plan for something grandiose," he said. Taj Jackson gave no details about what that might be.

There were many articles about this. All that I have read show Taj was against the memoribilia tour and the family wanted an executor to represent the family on the board. It never says Taj was weary of the executors or that he believed in a conspiracy. As I said, if anyone has any actual articles or anything of that nature that says differently, we should share.

Last edited:

That's ridiculous. I'm sure 3T are in support of this. I'm objective when it comes to the Jacksons. I can call them out when they are wrong and agree when they are right. Your assumption that just because this is the Jacksons their claim has no merit. That's immature.

You are sure that 3t support the trial but my opinion is ridiculous and I am immature.

I think it's funny when people seek personal attacks when they are not able to have a healthy discussion.

Sad.

Taj Jackson said he worked for his uncle for the last year of his life, doing "whatever he wanted me to help him with." He said the singer did not trust many people, but did trust him.

"I loved my uncle so much and I just want to do right by him," the younger Jackson said as he took the stand. "We were very close to my uncle. He was a genius obviously."

Here's ANOTHER one of those "blurbs/quotes," coming from a family member, that I find interesting.

If Taj was working for his uncle the last year of his life, did he see any of the things his grandmother is alleging in her lawsuit?

Was Taj also on AEG's payroll or did Michael pay Taj out of his own pocket? (If AEG was so much in control, I find it hard to believe that they would allow a Jackson family member to be in their (MJ's) business.)

If Taj is able to confirm any of his grandmother's claims, then why didn't he bring it to the family's attention when he first notice it?

Or could it be that everything was alright and there was no need for the family to be involved, because there were no problems. (Keeping in mind that according to Taj, "he was VERY close to his uncle and his uncle trusted him.")

Just MORE food for thought, I guess!

Never said all his decisions were bad but some business decisions have definitely not been in his favor. IYou are the one who called mj a bad businessman. I said he used poor judgement. You paint with a broad brush just as you are doing with this lawsuit.Y

That selective reading is really not working for you - so keep making comments based on what you hear or read because research is apparently overrated when it comes to spitting out opinions. You certainly haven't done yours when it comes to Michael Jackson and the business in which he operated in for over 40 years.
I will not paint by the numbers on a canvas with no tangible borders just so I can squeeze prevarications into someone else's narrow vision of how the world should be. Michael Jackson blurred the lines with broad strokes his entire life, it would be a disservice to him now to start staying within the lines regardless of who's holding the brush. I have more faith in him than that.

Here's ANOTHER one of those "blurbs/quotes," coming from a family member, that I find interesting.

If Taj was working for his uncle the last year of his life, did he see any of the things his grandmother is alleging in her lawsuit?

Was Taj also on AEG's payroll or did Michael pay Taj out of his own pocket? (If AEG was so much in control, I find it hard to believe that they would allow a Jackson family member to be in their (MJ's) business.)

If Taj is able to confirm any of his grandmother's claims, then why didn't he bring it to the family's attention when he first notice it?

Or could it be that everything was alright and there was no need for the family to be involved, because there were no problems. (Keeping in mind that according to Taj, "he was VERY close to his uncle and his uncle trusted him.")

Just MORE food for thought, I guess!

My Dear, I was thinking the exact same thing. I guess we will have to find out later. unlike other family members, Taj has been very quite on this aspect of MJ's life. Instead of spreading Inuendo and half truths like some of the other family members and then saying you can't expound upon it because of an on going investigation. :smilerolleyes::scratch:

He has only been interested in upholding Michael's legacy. And I hope if there is something to tell that might have adversely affected MJ, he will speak at the proper time, in the proper setting, to the proper people. If there were problems, I think it speaks volumes to his integrity (and that of his brothers) that they choose not to make headlines with it. I guess they understand that there is a time to speak and a time to keep quiet.:yes:

Does the lawsuit indicate how they confirmed it? I have to go back and read it. In any case it shows how greedy Murray was to be paid working without a contract and agreeing to do something so dangerous.D

no they don't list their evidence , we need to wait for trial to see them. However they mention email and even exact times of these emails so most probably they have the emails between AEG and Murray.

does the AEG contract specifically state that the catalogue is among the assets under Michael Jackson Company LLC? according to

http://www.geniusmichaeljackson.com/en/companies.html

it is a management company.

and http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com/
says this:

MJ-ATV Publishing Trust (MJ 50% share in Sony/ATV Music Publishing) is under New Horizon Trust II until December 10, 2012. MJ Publishing Trust (MiJac catalouge mostly) in under New Horizon Trust III until the same time.

so if the AEG contract did not specifically state that, maybe we're all going by what Leonard Rowe "thought?" because i don't think he categorically stated it as fact.

or are all his other companies and trusts owned by the Michael Jackson Co LLC?

previously known "facts" contradict some allegations in the lawsuit, and it's hard to tell where this is going. but i think AEG could easily tear this apart.

Interesting point

This is the contract http://www.radaronline.com/sites/default/files/AEG contract.pdf

The agreement is between Michael Jackson and The Michael Jackson Company LLC. It also says that anything that cannot be secured by property owned by the artist will be secured by the property owned by artistco.

I Also, in civil trials Murray will have to testify & they may uncover new evidence of additional wrongdoing.

not quite true. even in civil trials anyone can refuse to testify pleading the 5th Amendment and self incrimination. Furthermore Murray can claim doctor- patient privilege as well.

so therefore do not assume that people will testify about anything and everything in a civil trial.

You can be almost sure that if this trial happens before or during the civil trial Murray will definitely take the 5th. This complaint also has additional claims (such as conspiracy) that aren't covered in the criminal case - which once again bring the option for the 5th.

The testimony was also suppose to be about questioning the executors but the Jacksons were limited in scope.T
Can every one please not DOUBLE and TRIPLE post. Please edit your last comment. Thanks :flowers:

Taj never said anything about the validity of the executors. They spoke against the memoribilia tour and wanted a family member to be included as an executor. How is anything you stated as opinion "clear" when it is based on misinformation adn has nothing to back it up. Please if you know more information or know of a source enlighten us so we can all be brought up to speed. I personally would like to know.

Fans have to be very careful to not to jump to conclusions and form opinions based on ideas pulled from the air.

Taj Jackson's testimony at a hearing on Friday was meant to bolster his grandmother's opposition to a proposed exhibition of the King of Pop's memorabilia. The 36-year-old said his uncle had his own plans for displaying artifacts that he collected at his Neverland Estate.

Concert promoter AEG Live and the current administrators of Michael Jackson's estate have proposed a three-city exhibition of the singer's belongings, which would open in conjunction with the release of a movie based on his final rehearsals for his "This is It" tour.

Katherine Jackson's attorneys have opposed the exhibition because they say it should have been competitively bid and the estate should have a larger cut of the proceeds than the negotiated 50-50 split with AEG.

Taj Jackson was one of several witnesses called by Katherine Jackson's attorneys, but the only one who was allowed to testify in public. Other witnesses included an accountant, an attorney and one of the estate's executors, John Branca.

Their testimony was kept private because it included details of the proposed finances of the exhibition.

To show the depth of their connection, Taj Jackson said that as children he and his siblings loved Transformers toys. "He got the idea for 'Moonwalk' from that, he told us."

Taj Jackson said he never attended any of the "This is It" rehearsals because "we always wanted to be surprised." He said he thought that his uncle would have been very protective of the footage shot at those rehearsals.

"At Neverland, he had a certain section for memorabilia and he had a plan for something grandiose," he said. Taj Jackson gave no details about what that might be.

There were many articles about this. All that I have read show Taj was against the memoribilia tour and the family wanted an executor to represent the family on the board. It never says Taj was weary of the executors or that he believed in a conspiracy. As I said, if anyone has any actual articles or anything of that nature that says differently, we should share.

You can assume what you want about me but I'm not going to allow you to put words in my mouth. You said Michael would not put up the catalog as collateral and I said its happened before along with other things that gave significant power to others. You escalated it by calling him a bad business man and tried to bait me. Its not all or nothing as some view Michael and his family. Some have been good decisions and some have not. y
That selective reading is really not working for you - so keep making comments based on what you hear or read because research is apparently overrated when it comes to spitting out opinions. You certainly haven't done yours when it comes to Michael Jackson and the business in which he operated in for over 40 years.
I will not paint by the numbers on a canvas with no tangible borders just so I can squeeze prevarications into someone else's narrow vision of how the world should be. Michael Jackson blurred the lines with broad strokes his entire life, it would be a disservice to him now to start staying within the lines regardless of who's holding the brush. I have more faith in him than that.

That contract looks redacted. I've read it before but I will read it again when I get home because I hear it heavily favors AEGT
no they don't list their evidence , we need to wait for trial to see them. However they mention email and even exact times of these emails so most probably they have the emails between AEG and Murray.

Interesting point

This is the contract http://www.radaronline.com/sites/default/files/AEG contract.pdf

The agreement is between Michael Jackson and The Michael Jackson Company LLC. It also says that anything that cannot be secured by property owned by the artist will be secured by the property owned by artistco.

not quite true. even in civil trials anyone can refuse to testify pleading the 5th Amendment and self incrimination. Furthermore Murray can claim doctor- patient privilege as well.

so therefore do not assume that people will testify about anything and everything in a civil trial.

You can be almost sure that if this trial happens before or during the civil trial Murray will definitely take the 5th. This complaint also has additional claims (such as conspiracy) that aren't covered in the criminal case - which once again bring the option for the 5th.

You made a very immature generalization about the Jacksons and I meant that the comment was immature and very disresspectful. Y
You are sure that 3t support the trial but my opinion is ridiculous and I am immature.

I think it's funny when people seek personal attacks when they are not able to have a healthy discussion.

Sad.

I'm not sure what you mean by double and triple post. Are we only allowed to have one comment in a thread or just not repeat a post?I

Why would they need an additional executor if they fully trusted those named. Not everything has to be spelled out.

Well I'm glad that some family members have insisted it was murder. We don't know what they have been doing behind the scenes.W
My Dear, I was thinking the exact same thing. I guess we will have to find out later. unlike other family members, Taj has been very quite on this aspect of MJ's life. Instead of spreading Inuendo and half truths like some of the other family members and then saying you can't expound upon it because of an on going investigation. :smilerolleyes::scratch:

He has only been interested in upholding Michael's legacy. And I hope if there is something to tell that might have adversely affected MJ, he will speak at the proper time, in the proper setting, to the proper people. If there were problems, I think it speaks volumes to his integrity (and that of his brothers) that they choose not to make headlines with it. I guess they understand that there is a time to speak and a time to keep quiet.:yes:

I'm not sure what you mean by double and triple post. Are we only allowed to have one comment in a thread or just not repeat a post?I

Why would they need an additional executor if they fully trusted those named. Not everything has to be spelled out.

It means having more than one post in a row. Please don't do this. If you have something more to add, simply edit your last post.

Also having another executor named from the family does not necessarily mean that they distrusted the executors as to ability and as to believing they were involved in a conspiracy. It could just mean they want someone to mke sure the executors and not tempted in the future to behave in a way common to men who have a lot of money dangled in their faces, and take advantage of that situation. Also since some family members, like Taj were so close to MJ in his final days, maybe they felt they had more insight on what MJ would have wanted and so wanted a say so in this to make sure his wishes on this would be upheld. not everything haas to be a conspiracy.

This is what I am talking about when people jump from 1 to 100 and make up everything else in between. We do have to be careful about this and subscribing intentions and motives to people that were not there and then making those facts because that is how we want to see them.

However, as I said, if you have information where they say this or have even said something alluding to this "fact" I will gladly reconsider.

It means having more than one post in a row. Please don't do this. If you have something more to add, simply edit your last post.

Also having another executor named from the family does not necessarily mean that they distrusted the executors as to ability and as to believing they were involved in a conspiracy. It could just mean they want someone to mke sure the executors and not tempted in the future to behave in a way common to men who have a lot of money dangled in their faces, and take advantage of that situation. Also since some family members, like Taj were so close to MJ in his final days, maybe they felt they had more insight on what MJ would have wanted and so wanted a say so in this to make sure his wishes on this would be upheld. not everything haas to be a conspiracy.

This is what I am talking about when people jump from 1 to 100 and make up everything else in between. We do have to be careful about this and subscribing intentions and motives to people that were not there and then making those facts because that is how we want to see them.

However, as I said, if you have information where they say this or have even said something alluding to this "fact" I will gladly reconsider.

You're explanation is as plausible as mine. Its just an opinion and mine is based on the fact that many in the family believe there is a conspiracy and they outright say so including questioning the executors.

You made a very immature generalization about the Jacksons and I meant that the comment was immature and very disresspectful. Y

Where's the generalization? Give me a break. If you do not know what to write, then do not write.

len rowe and randy:smilerolleyes: were the ppl due to testify about the executor issue but never showed up.taj never spoke about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back