Lester: 'Blanket could be next M. Jackson'

I might be one of the few people who don't want any of MJ's kids involved in entertainment. Loving music is one thing. But I just don't think it's healthy at all for these kids to have that kind of expectation. the "next michael jackson", let alone an artist never tries to be the "next" whatever. I think the kids should be protected from such "expectation".

I am in complete agreement with you. The thought of them performing makes me sad. Not only would they have huge expectations to live up to, but the media would constantly be dissecting their lives to see what weird behaviors they got from being raised by MJ. All the negative tabloid stuff would be transferred directly onto them. They wouldn't have a clean slate to create their own identities. I would support them if they chose that path, but I think it would be a hard road to travel.

I'm with you. Personally, I hate it when the media applies the title of "The next (insert legendary icon here)". The artists are never able to live up to the icon they are compared to.

Me, too. Michael Jackson was one and the only. Unique as a person and as an entertainer. Blanket is unique, too. In his own way different than his dad. He is not Michael, he will never be and i do not want him to be like his daddy. If he ever decided to go along this way, i will be happy to see the Great Blanket, not the Great Michael II. I will be happy to see a new legend born, called Blanket, not Michael II. His kids will always carry their father`s legacy but i hope they will not only copy it, but develop and extend it.

SHOCKING! Now the father is just dead, they made plans for the children to go the same way. SHOCKING! Bloodsucker!

Only if he wants to, but that is a lot of pressure to live up to. It's not like we're just talking about anyone here. We're talking about Michael Jackson. That's a lot to live up to to say the very least, but yeah I hope no one pressures those kids to get into the entertainment industry. They should only get involved if they want to, but I hope they wait until they're a bit older. They need to enjoy being children now.

Michael's words:

I don't know how they would handle that. It would be tough. I really don't know. It's hard, since most of the children of celebrities end up becoming self-destructive because they can't live up to the talent of the parent. People used to always say to Fred Astaire Jr., "Can you dance?" And he couldn't. He didn't have any rhythm, but his father was this genius dancer. It doesn't mean that it has to be passed on. I always tell my children, You don't have to sing, you don't have to dance. Be who you want to be, as long as you're not hurting anybody. That's the main thing.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

There is a nice quote from Mark on imdB.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0504492/bio

Look down to the section titled Personal Quotes - sorry if this has appeared elsewhere.

Also wasn't there some comment about doing a duet with Prince Michael during the London shows and if so was it Prince I or Blanket?

I'm sorry, but Blanket is just too cute to handle. Everytime I see a picture of him, I just feel like crawling through my computer screen to give that kid a hug. AARRHH, he's just so damn cute. I'll probably hug that kid to death if I ever see him walking down the street. If he would be 10 years older, I would ask him to be my boyfriend.

I'm sorry, but Blanket is just too cute to handle. Everytime I see a picture of him, I just feel like crawling through my computer screen to give that kid a hug. AARRHH, he's just so damn cute. I'll probably hug that kid to death if I ever see him walking down the street. If he would be 10 years older, I would ask him to be my boyfriend.

HAHA! Me too! :hug: (except the last part, but Paris instead, her Blue Eyes are so pretty! *giggles*)

Blanket is the Cutest little boy in the world!!!

Michael took Blanket to the studio when he was working with akon and other artists on the new material. He also took him to business meetings for This Is It.

Also, Dr Klein revealed on LKL that Paris and Prince had both finished film school? Amazing considering their age.

Michael's words:

I don't know how they would handle that. It would be tough. I really don't know. It's hard, since most of the children of celebrities end up becoming self-destructive because they can't live up to the talent of the parent. People used to always say to Fred Astaire Jr., "Can you dance?" And he couldn't. He didn't have any rhythm, but his father was this genius dancer. It doesn't mean that it has to be passed on. I always tell my children, You don't have to sing, you don't have to dance. Be who you want to be, as long as you're not hurting anybody. That's the main thing.

man i love that guy.

Well MJ said he predicted Blanket would be the star of the family. So it could happen.

Being the son of the greatest entertainer ever is alot of pressure. Leave him alone. Nobody can be the next MJ, not even his own children.

who knows they may get into the entertainment industry and not only be celeb kids, but that does not mean they can be their parents, they are individuals, was lisa marie like elvis performing? are any of these offspring like their parents exactly? my point is the next big thing doesnt have to be linked the biggest star before them michael wasnt related to the beatles was he!! so i dont get this article. leave the kids alone. their father is in them, but dont expect them moonwalking and filling that void for michael fans, let them be the best prince , paris, and blanket not michael. we should leave the kids alone dont you think?? their thrust in the spotlight enough as it is.

Amen!

Michael's words:

Mike said that? Man, he was so astute. Not that that surprises me one bit. But it just shows how down-to-earth he was too.

I'm with you. Personally, I hate it when the media applies the title of "The next (insert legendary icon here)". The artists are never able to live up to the icon they are compared to.

Seriously! I mean, Usher & Justin Timberlake & Chris Brown weren't able to be the next King of Pop, as much as the media tried to make them be. What's funny too is how often these artists would be compared to MJ, yet you never heard 'Oh Britney's the next Madonna' or 'Beyonce is the next Tina Turner/Diana Ross.' Nope, it was mainly with Mike that they tried to give away his title :mat:. In any case, MJ's kids couldn't be him if they tried and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to be.

Blanket is very cute. I don't think anyone will ever be as amazing as Michael but there's something special about Blanket. It will be interesting to see if any of his Children do go into the music business when they grow up.

I'm tearing up at the thought of Michael teaching Blanket the moonwalk and now not being able to do that anymore... oy.

I don't want to assume that just because he's Michael Jackson's son he'll have the same talents but let me say this....

He is THE cutest kid I've ever seen in my life... The future teeny boppers will love him.

Didn't someone say that if the kids were interested in something, he'd nurish (spelling?) it but wouldn't push them in any direction?

Either way, I just want the kids to have what's best for them and be happy and healthy. If Blanket or Prince or Paris want to dance, okay, but don't put pressure on them.

Last edited:
I swear I can hear Michael right now, finish high school. Go to college. Do all the "normal" things I didn't get the chance to do. Don't take anything for granted. Don't be in my shadow. Go into the world and create your own light.

I don't want to assume that just because he's Michael Jackson's son he'll have the same talents but let me say this....

He is THE cutest kid I've ever seen in my life... The future teeny boppers will love him.

Lol yes, Blanket is beautiful. Really one of the cutest kids i've ever seen. Whatever he decides to do though when he gets older I hope it's because he wants to do it and not because of anyone pressuring him into it.

qbee - there was a phone interview on Michael's birthday where a reporter asked him who is the star in the family or something like that and Michael said it was definitely Blanket
as for the kids - they are the only thing that give me a little hope right now, the thought that I will see a part of Michael in them...it's so dark right now but they are that flicker of light that gives you hope

It's already started :| And then people wonder why Michael wanted to keep the kids out of the public eye.

Back