LMP on Oprah 21/10/10 All Discussion Here - UPDATE Video's Start On Page 63

Have you gained respect for Lisa after watching this interview? Do you forgive/understand her now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans respect her? She couldn't say straight out that he wasn't a molester, she implied he had a drug problem, she implied he manipulated her and people and he was basically a trainwreck waiting to happen and somehow because she said some romantic things about him, she helped him out in this iinterview? Really? Word?
Sounds to me she made him look bad as also.

We all knew that they were together after the divorce until 2000-2001.So nothing knew.

But there is one thing VERY IMORTANT IN THIS INTERVIEW :

Lisa knows the names of the vultures...people who wanted to kill Michael, like he told her after the trial in 2005...

When he called her, to tell her she was right about the vultures, HE TOLD HER THE NAMES of these bastards!

If only she stay with him after the trial, if only.....:(

actually 99-2000 (according to the Rabbie tapes)

she said in an interview before his death that she was the one who made the phone call, and it was a bit earlier than 2005, but she mention this date to justify her interview with Larry King in 2005...

this interview was planned question by question and the events were mentioned precisely as a cover up for previous media reports and her own previous interviews...noting was mentioned spontaneously in this interview...but i like very much how she described MJ as a loving person.

Last edited:
The headlines from HNL are just to much to handle...and we can thank Lisa for painting that picture,,,there are some in this world that hang on to LisaMaries every word...there are some...meaning AEG, potential jurors for Murray's trial...that were waiting for this interview to see what it was she was going to say...and she did just what they wanted her to do..she through Michael under the bus for them. I dont hate Lisa..her and Michael's relationship is none of my business,,BUT,,,I did see a bitter woman sitting in that chair and telling all about how her former drug addict husband chose drugs over her. Lisa sounds like a woman scorned to me....and what better way for her to get back at Michael than for her to go on the biggest talk show in the country and call him a drug addict.....I hope she is proud of herself. Some people may say that we are Michael's fans and that we are in denial about his drug use ..I for one am not in denial...I know Michael was no angel.,.he did what he did....To me even with his flaws he was perfect and beautiful and one of Gods most beautiful creations. Lisa has no right to get up there and lie on Michael..he is not here to defend what it is she is saying..its to bad..as she said it took his death for her to realize the love she had for him. If she TRULY loved Michael..she would never of went before millions and humiliated his name the way she just did. WHY did she even bother??...IMO..I think she had a guilty conscience still...and she needed to free herself...not Michael. Because as far as what she said about him....she didnt help. She may of said that he told her WHO was trying to kill him...but like the rest of the cowards...she didn't name names. So she did just as they told her to do and pushed that freaking drug addict theory. Thats it I am done!!

By the way yesterday i was sarcastic...i was just predecting the media's and non-MJ fans comments about the interview ! i was enjoying the defence but i was shocked only few posts were of real value but some of you truly are amazing MJ fans!

I find it really sad, that this could have been quite a good interview if they hadn't had that weird drug conversation :(

Given the person being interviewed and the person interviewing, I guess it could have been even worse...but now it was kind of ok, obviously only her version of things, but well, not that bad...until those drug questions came into the picture :angry:

Lisa, you stupid girl! Yes, you could have said he had trouble sleeping, but the other stuff, damn... The one thing that everyone is going to remember from this is that Michael's ex-wife said Michael was surrounded by doctors with their prescription drugs pretty much all the time. That he was a junkie who needed to be saved from himself :no:

It hurts even more when some of us who have spent the last year and 4 months defending Michael, responding to many comments on many articles, in many forums and blogs everywhere; working hard to restore Michael's name and when it seemed that the flames of hatred for Michael had finally subsided, with just a few words from that nitwit LMP, it's all over. All the countless hours spent teaching others who Michael Jackson really was has all gone up in smoke and we're back to square one.

Off to bed. I need to go punch my pillow really hard.:angry:

And it was happening. The general public was opening up their minds more and progress was being made. But thanks to his friends and family, they've destroyed his reputation again.:no:

I think she put herself into MJ's world to split fans up. Cause how can you be a fan of her, without being a fan of him? She talks crap about him over and over, and yet some people defend her!! The more she comes out with this crap, the more I'm going to defend MJ. I think she's a horrible person. She needs therapy.

hope she will be happy when murray walks and mjs legacy and reputation continues to be destroyed while he cant defend himself. she must be incredibly bitter to want such revenge on a dead man.as if her lies in the past werent pathetic enough with her selctive memory disorder. she now does this. shame on you.
agree.

It does appear that MJ's family and his so called friends want the doctor to be acquitted. What a shame

It does appear that MJ's family and his so called friends want the doctor to be acquitted. What a shame
I dont know if that is what they want to do or not, but they surely are helping a possible acquittal of Murray very much with their actions.

There is something about this interview that seems to me at least that certain things were said on purpose and for the benefit of something and or someone. These headlines folks don't let it stress you especially anything that comes from CNN the same network that said Michael had no hair and was all white and had needle marks all on his body. Garbage in garbage out. Plus in January when the hearing starts and the coroner gets up and talks about all of the drugs not in Michael's body and how healthy Michael was all of this drug nonsense will be a wash. Despite how some of Michael's so called friends and family seem to be doing there best to make sure Murray gets off it won't happen. Lisa's interview was confusing at times case in point I had no idea he was on drugs I would pick him up from the doctors office and he would be out of it but I had no idea that he was on drugs. However when he got sick in 95 I began to think different because no one would tell me what was wrong. First of all like I said before Lisa did you ask the doctor what was wrong? Because he told the world what was wrong with Michael and told the world what was not in Michael's system like drugs. No doctor expect for maybe Arnold Klein is going to like for a patient. And I guess Lisa must of figured that out in a matter of days because Michael got sick around December 5 and Lisa in her divorce papers said they separated in Dec 10 and she got there on Dec 6 so in a matter of four days two of those days Michael was in intensive care not the best time to question him about drug use but whatever. And my favorite part of the interview had to be the part where she says she told Michael make sure your head is on straight when it comes to drugs. But what does she do she goes out and trashes the guy when he was in under so much stress. Says his trial is a blessing sat with the same boar of a woman with that plastic face of a mother and called Michael everything but a child of God. How are you going to tell a person to have there head on straight but then you go our and throw more crap on him and let us not forget the time she goes on TV and said I saw things going on I could do nothing about I mean wtf Lisa really. I left him because of drugs however I continued to follow him around the world and we were thinking about getting back together. What made it different that time? Did he stop taken drugs? Well we don't know because the woman never said what made it different and the woman doing the interview let it slide. So Lisa you get a big whatever from me about this interview.

so much easier to call someone a druggie rather than talk about the fact he left u for a woman that would give him children. something you B.S him about. even easier when u are pandering to the media and telling them exactly what they want to hear hence why they never question some of the blantent B.S you come out with

You know I am really glad that she finally said that they saw each other for 4 years after the divorce, I knew it, but I'd say most of the general public didn't know that...heck even some MJ fans didn't know...

justthefacts you are so right..

all of this crap will fade, when the coroner gets up and says that MJ was healthy and had no damage to his heart or liver and was a healthy man. He will say there was nothing illegal in his body and no proof of abuse. The only thing he had in his system was administered by Murray and that's what killed him

Well, I wonder how they feel having to rewatch this to see just how much their mother still loves her ex-husband. :unsure:

If she was my mother I would be embarassed.

As fans we all know MJ had drug problems in 1993. He taped a video and had it air around the world and he openly spoke of the need to go to rehab to conquer this battle he was having. So this is undisputable. It is bound to happen that people will talk about his drug problems at this time, because Lisa directly speaks about them in her interview. However, Lisa was not aware of what went on in MJ's life, at the end of his life from first hand knowledge. She was not even sure of drug use in 1995. She said in the interview that she "supected" it. This means she was not even 100% sure herself. Because of us already having a knowledge of MJ's drug problems in 1993, there is no need to discuss this further. Do not take what Lisa said about the time there were together as some reason to go off about MJ in 2009. All talks of MJ as an addict at this time will not be tolerated. It does not matter what Lisa said, what Janet said, what anyone says, especially those not around him (this includes members of his family) when we have an autopsy report that shows conclusively that MJ was not an addict. And, when we have a person to say, "Nay" for every person who says, "Yay. we don't have a lot to go on now. Things may be clearer in the future. But for now, this is the stance. Please respect that. And no, this is not open for discussion. It has been discussed and decided. As I said, please respect this.

This is a place where people of all opinions can come and discuss things like adults. You may not agree. So what! That does not give you the right to talk about, belittle, or deride anyone who feels differently than you do. If you cannot behave yourself like an adult in this thread, than this is not the thread for you. Please find another. There should be no reason why a person feels they cannot tell their opinion with out the fear of being ridiculed.

This is an MJ board. First and foremost. Don't come in here thinking you are going to spit on MJ to make Lisa look better. Go find a message board of hers for that. It won't happen here. It does not mean you can not stan for Lisa. But, you will not do so at MJ's expense. Nor will you do so at the expense of your fellow fans. Just because a fan does not agree with what Lisa has said does not mean that they are a hater. it does not mean they think MJ is perfect and above all fault. It means they don't agree with Lisa. Be an adult and have a conversation and maybe try to find out why they feel the way they do before you jump down their throats. In addition, do not assume that just because a fan agrees with Lisa that they have abandoned MJ and no longer care about him. Be an adult and have a conversation and maybe try to find out why they feel the way they do before you jump down their throats. You might be surprised and learn something you didn't know before.

Please stay on topic. This is about Lisa's interview and the issues it brings up. Now that the interview has been released, of course the discussion will be about said interview. If you have not seen this interview, that is your prerogative. But don't spam the thread with opinions about something you have not bothered to see for yourself. Spreading hate just because. What is the sense in that? What are you trying to prove? How can you speak intelligently about something you haven't seen? Please don't do this.

We try not to censor too much here. We really do try. And, we try not to arbitrarily delete members posts. But we cannot let the board get out of control. If we do, We only end up with hurt feelings on both sides and nothing is accomplished.

Please respect Michael and please respect one another. This is all we ask at this community. If a poster goes out of control, please don't respond. Please report the post.
Please read, and please don't just cast this aside.

Thank you all.

:clapping:

With the shadow of Murray's upcoming court appearances hanging over everything right now, I would think that the people in Michael's world (past and present), would be alot more careful about what they say in interviews. I can't fathom why they have to absolutely answer every question and can't say "I can't answer that right now". The nasty atmosphere surrounding Michael sometimes is so bad that I feel sick because I get so angry and disgusted at some of these people who obviously should know better when a possible court case is coming up. I seriously hate it that almost if not every interview always seems to end up in some way making a mockery of his memory, as well as a breach of the justice system. There's no logical reason for it. Not at all. I know Michael wasn't perfect. But this is ridiculous.

I think some of us haven't seen the same interview? Incredibly? There is a criminal trial coming up, and LMP handed Murray his defense on a silver-platter. If you don't believe this, look at the headlines now? Murray's only defense, really, is to attack Michael's character. I'm sure his attorneys are celebrating, right about now. All LMP really needed to do was remain utterly silent, until after the trial. Thanks a LOT. Romantic tidbits don't MATTER, in comparison to the damage this interview did.

Michael Jackson was NOT a "drug addict," but for the Oprah-viewing public, that's all they will know, now (and that includes the jury-pool). They don't have the background that the fans have, or SHOULD have. I am just SO sorry, that this happened, and especially, now. . .

AUTUMN, I do not know how many times you, me and a few others say this, many do not get it still. It makes me very SAD that many cannot see the big picture--only "she loves him and he loves her forever." I think you will have to write this thing out point by point so many GET it.

With the shadow of Murray's upcoming court appearances hanging over everything right now, I would think that the people in Michael's world (past and present), would be alot more careful about what they say in interviews. I can't fathom why they have to absolutely answer every question and can't say "I can't answer that right now". The nasty atmosphere surrounding Michael sometimes is so bad that I feel sick because I get so angry and disgusted at some of these people who obviously should know better when a possible court case is coming up. I seriously hate it that almost if not every interview always seems to end up in some way making a mockery of his memory, as well as a breach of the justice system. There's no logical reason for it. Not at all. I know Michael wasn't perfect. But this is ridiculous.

Exactly!

We all know lots of people including famous hollywood stars, atheletes, politicans who for a period in their lives had a prescription drug problem. And they are never referred to as DRUG ADDICT. When you say drug addict you immediately think of someone strung out on crack, snorting cocaine, shooting herione. The deceptive media wants the public to have this image of MJ. And it angers most of you.

The media don't do this to ELVIS PRESLEY.

This a set up for a train wreck to happen.
What's new from LMP?
The same ole evasive.." I think", "I dunno know"..." I'm not in the same room with him" inneundos.
It's obvious they wanted to push MJ's a druggie
theory and what better way than a thinly veiled promoting a new album guise. Notice she said she does'nt want to talk about the album now.
Yeah right... let the druggie theory simmer first. Pfttt...!
If the media can go viral with Lisa's "surrounded by doctors and prescription drugs" comment, I shudder to think what they'd do to Katherine's.
And all the talk about manupilation ..well who's manupilating who now.
As always, Oprah seems to know who to pick as her lap dog.

You know, I finally understand why some of you guys were disappointed by the interview. Drug abuse I now being seen as the truth, and to the public, the way MJ and Elvis dies is exactly the same. It's insulting.

I guess I was looking from my own point of view, Lisa was very humbleand she answered to the best of her ability. I just wasn't aware of the damage it would do. Still, I think the hate should be directed to Oprah rather than Lisa.

You know, I finally understand why some of you guys were disappointed by the interview. Drug abuse I now being seen as the truth, and to the public, the way MJ and Elvis dies is exactly the same. It's insulting.

I guess I was looking from my own point of view, Lisa was very humbleand she answered to the best of her ability. I just wasn't aware of the damage it would do. Still, I think the hate should be directed to Oprah rather than Lisa.

I'm in the same boat as you....

I can't believe everything she says because there is more than one side to things. She also had not seen him in 10 years. Talking on the phone in 2005 doesn't mean much. All she could talk about was things that happened 15 years which she has before. This time is was in a calmer and not mean way. I want to know what was going on with Michael in 2009 not 1995.

I'm not sure where YOU were, but Janet is on record with Ellen AND Larry King talking about opening for her brothers and how they were doing conference calls, working on ONE family member who was not on board.

Her quote: WE are still working on him!

He apparently was not in "denial" when she was having all of those conference calls.

That pisses me off so bad. Now those meetings she was trying to get him to go to, became interventions. I see why Janet and Lisa Marie were so close. They're both alike. And I don't mean that in a flattering way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back