LMP on Oprah 21/10/10 All Discussion Here - UPDATE Video's Start On Page 63

Have you gained respect for Lisa after watching this interview? Do you forgive/understand her now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I finally understand why some of you guys were disappointed by the interview. Drug abuse I now being seen as the truth, and to the public, the way MJ and Elvis dies is exactly the same. It's insulting.

I guess I was looking from my own point of view, Lisa was very humbleand she answered to the best of her ability. I just wasn't aware of the damage it would do. Still, I think the hate should be directed to Oprah rather than Lisa.

That is what I find so interesting. On here everyone's losing their mind about "the headlines", but when you actually see what's being said by folks who saw the interview, her remarks about the drugs is barely being mentioned.

justthefacts you are so right..

all of this crap will fade, when the coroner gets up and says that MJ was healthy and had no damage to his heart or liver and was a healthy man. He will say there was nothing illegal in his body and no proof of abuse. The only thing he had in his system was administered by Murray and that's what killed him

Yes, but will the same media print the truth the coroner says. Remember they did not print the truth of the trial which would have shown more globally that Michael was innocent, so it seems to me we still have a lot of work to do too. We have to engage in damage control now. I am hoping someone gives an interview bringing in all the proof to refute all the damage she has done, but maybe this is just wishful thinking.

That is what I find so interesting. On here everyone's losing their mind about "the headlines", but when you actually see what's being said by folks who saw the interview, her remarks about the drugs is barely being mentioned.

Bingo. I've actually seen a ton of positive remarks about it and a TON of positive remarks about Michael himself ever since it (I'm referring to just the average person, not the media). Not one mention of any drug or anything negative by these folks..

i always did, i mean when she was "bad" i knew it was because she still had feelings for Michael, it was that LOVE-HATE for Michael on her, wish she could have been with him more thime, the time they were separated she said they still were together, but never a clear way, you know, married and stuff, but i know Michael was stubborn, i mean thats how geniuses are, its their way or the highway and Lisa just couldnt do it, she did as much as she was able, even though she felt she fail in helping Michael.

I guess I was looking from my own point of view, Lisa was very humbleand she answered to the best of her ability. I just wasn't aware of the damage it would do. Still, I think the hate should be directed to Oprah rather than Lisa.
This. :yes:

Bingo. I've actually seen a ton of positive remarks about it and a TON of positive remarks about Michael himself ever since it (I'm referring to just the average person, not the media). Not one mention of any drug or anything negative by these folks..

that's really good to know :)

His mother? Dude if Katherine shot him in the knee cap with a handgun just because she was bored he would STILL not cut her out. i don't see how Janet, for instance, would bother him for business. Yet she was also cut out in the last years of his life.

Maybe he cut Janet out because he saw that she had become a part of the dark side of his family? i.e, pestering him, resenting him, playing the family's PR game of how they're one big happy family.

Last edited:
TSUKIJI and ANGIE I am glad that many fans, as you say, are giving positive comments, however, that does not mean we have to downplay the role of the media. The media has a wider range of reaching people so they have MORE impact in influencing people. Think of how many people saw your comments on fan boards vs how many saw the headlines and reviews displayed by the media. You cannot say they have the same impact or audience. Therefore, the fans who are concerned by the image displayed by the media due to the interview are correct. Read the comments by Rivera, Ginvid, Autumn again so you can better understand why.

ASIS I am glad that you understand a little more why many are concerned about the impact this interview made. However, those who notice this do not necessarily hate Oprah. Also be informed that both Oprah and Lisa are to be blamed for the comments/questions they made. We cannot say that Oprah is at fault because she asked the question and Lisa is right because she was only answering the questions asked. Both are adults and know what impact their words will make. Lisa is intelligent enough to know that on national TV one should steer clear of inflammatory statements that do not show proof.

TSUKIJI and ANGIE I am glad that many fans, as you say, are giving positive comments, however, that does not mean we have to downplay the role of the media. The media has a wider range of reaching people so they have MORE impact in influencing people. Think of how many people saw your comments on fan boards vs how many saw the headlines and reviews displayed by the media. You cannot say they have the same impact or audience. Therefore, the fans who are concerned by the image displayed by the media due to the interview are correct. Read the comments by Rivera, Ginvid, Autumn again so you can better understand why.

ASIS I am glad that you understand a little more why many are concerned about the impact this interview made. However, those who notice this do not necessarily hate Oprah. Also be informed that both Oprah and Lisa are to be blamed for the comments/questions they made. We cannot say that Oprah is at fault because she asked the question and Lisa is right because she was only answering the questions asked. Both are adults and know what impact their words will make. Lisa is intelligent enough to know that on national TV one should steer clear of inflammatory statements that do not show proof.

I totally know what you mean Petra, I am very well aware and in agreement of what you are saying..I suppose some people may just read something or hear something and just have this blind belief towards it...but I have scoured many News Sites, Social Networks (Mainly Twitter) and from what I've seen there has been a ton of positive comments, no real mention of any sort of drug (from what I've seen)...I see a lot of comments about "I understand Michael Jackson a lot more and see him more on a human level." That just makes me feel good when someone who seemingly is ignorant about him, says that.

Trust me, I know completely what you are talking about and understand completely well about the negative side of it, and I am not happy that part ONE BIT.....But I suppose what I am trying to say is that this interview did also have a positive attribute in regards of how there are people those who will see Michael in a much better light. It was not 100% pure negative as some try to portray it, AT ALL. But I totally get both sides of the coin.

In my observation, alot of folks see the media for what they are. Even with this, i've seen non fans question what interview was the media watching? But overall, I do understand why seeing the drug talk being so focused on by the media would upset the fans. I was just trying to point out that those that saw this interview didn't pay much attention to the drug talk, so I feel there's at least a counter to what the media is trying to push.

But anyway, not sure if this was posted, but this is from Oprah's friend Gayle.

http://www.thegaylekingshow.com/b/Oprah-on-Lisa-Marie-Presley,-Tyler-Perry,-and-More!/280625847450770223.html

Gayle: "I was SO impressed with the LMP interview! Cause I thought she was so candid & so honest... I REALLY felt that she did truly love him!"

Oprah: "No,, there is NO question about that, there is no question about that. she loves-- loved and loves him so much that after that interview I said, 'You need to let this GO now, because you ARE married, and your husband is only gonna want to hear about this for so long... OK, its wonderful that you loved him & you're mourning & grieving, but after awhile, your current husband is like, "O-kay, now!'"

I totally know what you mean Petra, I am very well aware and in agreement of what you are saying..I suppose some people may just read something or hear something and just have this blind belief towards it...but I have scoured many News Sites, Social Networks (Mainly Twitter) and from what I've seen there has been a ton of positive comments, no real mention of any sort of drug (from what I've seen)...I see a lot of comments about "I understand Michael Jackson a lot more and see him more on a human level." That just makes me feel good when someone who seemingly is ignorant about him, says that.

Trust me, I know completely what you are talking about and understand completely well about the negative side of it, and I am not happy that part ONE BIT.....But I suppose what I am trying to say is that this interview did also have a positive attribute in regards of how there are people those who will see Michael in a much better light. It was not 100% pure negative as some try to portray it, AT ALL. But I totally get both sides of the coin.

completely agree with you on this...i think we need to realize that not everyone is gonna listen to the media on this issue...people have their own minds, and will draw their own conclusions...we know how this has always been the issue with the media.....we just need to have faith in those that are open minded, and can see through the media bullshit

Why do you think he is lying? He said the only ones he told MJ's condition to was the family members MJ said it was ok to. It was not about telling the world. People here are willing to believe anybody over MJ. What anybody else says is plausible and what MJ says and what anyone says that affirms that must be the lies. It is just like he said, if someone says something outlandish about him, it must be true. But if he says something it must be a lie. SMH.

what I don't understand is why some people aren't willing to give Michael the benefit of the doubt. there are some proven facts (like some doctors' comments, the coroner's report, reports from people who really were there (like T-Mez, bodyguards, etc) and there are assumptions from people who weren't really around much even though they are relatives or an ex-wife. So why do you choose assumptions? Why can't you wait till it's a proven fact before jumping to conclusions?

My point is not to have no believe in MJ. Its the fact that no one seems as if this could have been an issue. While in my opinion, he clearly had a issues with prescription medication (really I see it as a fact) But I'm not saying hes some super drug addict. My point is, we don't know what went on, we are going by what other people have said, so you can't just pick and choose what you think is a lie and what you think is the truth and what you think is the better choice because you think it makes Michael look better. Just because some people have said they haven't seen him take drugs it doesn't mean he wasn't on them.

Even put it this way, if you were Michaels friend(s) and or family and you knew he had problems and someone asked you that question, what would you say? You could say no comment and leave room for only more questions, you could say no and maintain that he had no issues what so ever, or you could admit that there was something wrong. Now are you gonna say what Michael would have wanted you to say, are you gonna say what makes the fans happy or are you gonna say how you really feel about it?

While obviously there are vultures and liars, the truth is hard to come by, but when everyone starts jumping on anyone that says anything because they dont agree with it, it gets silly. If Katherine turns around and says "Michael had a problem" are you gonna start calling her an idiot and wishing she would die?

I rest my case, better rest yo FACE :D

My point is not to have no believe in MJ. Its the fact that no one seems as if this could have been an issue. While in my opinion, he clearly had a issues with prescription medication (really I see it as a fact) But I'm not saying hes some super drug addict. My point is, we don't know what went on, we are going by what other people have said, so you can't just pick and choose what you think is a lie and what you think is the truth and what you think is the better choice because you think it makes Michael look better. Just because some people have said they haven't seen him take drugs it doesn't mean he wasn't on them.

Even put it this way, if you were Michaels friend(s) and or family and you knew he had problems and someone asked you that question, what would you say? You could say no comment and leave room for only more questions, you could say no and maintain that he had no issues what so ever, or you could admit that there was something wrong. Now are you gonna say what Michael would have wanted you to say, are you gonna say what makes the fans happy or are you gonna say how you really feel about it?

While obviously there are vultures and liars, the truth is hard to come by, but when everyone starts jumping on anyone that says anything because they dont agree with it, it gets silly. If Katherine turns around and says "Michael had a problem" are you gonna start calling her an idiot and wishing she would die?

I rest my case, better rest yo FACE :D

great posts from both of you....thanks for that....

Voted Yes, but I never had any animosity for Lisa-Marie anyway, I always truly believed her and Michael were in love and that some people were a little quick to judge her on a situation they couldn't understand without being a part of. Please don't shoot me for saying that though.

TSUKIJI, good I am glad you got my point and I got yours also. However, I think you underestimate the impact of the negative media. I am still meeting people who think Michal is guilty, and it is due to the same MEDIA that you think many people see through. This means the media STILL has major force and power and we cannot deny it. Again it is good that many fans are positive on the sites you visit, however they cannot reach all the people who believe in the media--think of the numbers. I enjoy having this discussion with you, though.

The part about Gayle and Lisa saying Lisa loves Michael: that is OK. Not many are refuting that; the disagreement is what TYPE of love was it that made her act so "carelessly" in her actions and statements. This love issue is making everyone feel romantic, but I think, the bold media headlines and comments will have a greater sway on the masses due to my past experiences of what influences human behavior. Think about the people who despise Michael and then think about where they got information to despise him form. Enjoy talking to you.

Maybe he cut Janet out because he saw that she had become a part of the dark side of his family? i.e, pestering him, resenting him, playing the family's PR game of how they're one big happy family.

It's possible. it most certainly is, but we don't have a lot to go on. I say we should wait for Katherine's interview before we delve deeper into this particular subject.

But why do you want to go with the negative when there's no solid proof????? I just don't understand. I mean it's not like we will all abandon Michael if it turns out (with proof) that he was indeed addicted to drugs. I personally will NEVER change my opinion about him if it turns out so. Because in this case we will all know that his drug usage was not for fun or something like that, but because he experienced such amount of physical and emotional pain that few people in the world do. BUT there's NO PROOF so far. So WHY assume???? I don't understand it.

You have coroner's report, that HBO doctor words, T-Mez words from the trial days, Irish landlord words from Michael's several months in that Irish house, bodyguards' words from his Las Vegas days and his mother's words (from her June interview) AGAINST Janet's words (who hasn't seen Michael in years), Randy's words (when he said last year that Michael couldn't sign this will in his right mind), Lisa's words (who also hasn't seen Michael in years AND when she did see him, she apparently had no idea about his medical condition because her words contradite the HBO doctor words) and let's not forget Murray's camp's words.

WHY DO YOU CHOOSE THEM IT"S BEYOND ME!!! PLEASE EXPLAIN!

(sorry for shouting, but I really don't understand)

...to me, that post that Jabz made did not make any assumptions about anything...he/she seemed to be speaking realistically, and taking a fairly neutral stance....that's just my opinion...of course...

I think she put herself into MJ's world to split fans up. Cause how can you be a fan of her, without being a fan of him? She talks crap about him over and over, and yet some people defend her!! The more she comes out with this crap, the more I'm going to defend MJ. I think she's a horrible person. She needs therapy.

Right. I feel that she is still jealous of Michael and his 'oh so loyal forever loving and forever fighting fans'. Even after DEATH. I also feel that Michael is not surprised at all by her behavior. He stopped caring a long, long time ago. He's.... shall we say.... "Indifferent."

1. Who is Gayle?

2. Murray's lawyers must've been pretty happy, taking notes for their defense.

3. We will never know Michael's side of the story.

Her repetitive use of the word "manipulative" didn't really sit well with me. Could she not have chosen another word? Michael was a illusionist, a perfectionist and all but I mean, it makes Michael sound like he was the leader of some mafia. I dunno...I s'pose Lisa Marie doesn't really know how to express herself sometimes.

(Sorry if this has already been said- I haven't been able to go through the whole thread).

I don't think Michael was a saint or anything like that. of course, he was not perfect, he had flaws like everybody else. But why don't you give him the benefit of the doubt is truly beyond me.

I was talking about in general.
well, that has been the main problem lately. too many people speak about "in general" while this is the topic when everyone should be specific.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Michael was a saint or anything like that. of course, he was not perfect, he had flaws like everybody else. But why don't you give him the benefit of the doubt is truly beyond me.

:clapping:

JMie I completely understand what you're saying....but i don't believe the comments in question have anything to do with giving him the benefit of the doubt or not...it's reality...and in reality...we don't know ANYTHING....

JMie I completely understand what you're saying....but i don't believe the comments in question have anything to do with giving him the benefit of the doubt or not...it's reality...and in reality...we don't know ANYTHING....
This.

This

Defo this!!

Hey Jabz your second quote was written by LisaU123 not Arklove, just letting you know ;) ,it says its written by Arklove, maybe you miss clicked something :scratch:

Me, too, dear. I didn't cry, but I definitely felt the sting all over again that I haven't felt in a very long time. I barely slept last night and my heart is still hurting today. We are all still in healing-mode... and someone f*cking twisted the knife back in . :cry: Please, God... not again. :no: LMP Just move the fuck on and STFU for the sake of Michael's fans!! Selfish, conniving %(&$@!!!

I also wanted to clarify this post so that I don't sound like a 'selfish fan'. First and foremost, she just needs to move the fuck on and STFU for the sake of Michael's children. They are most important here. Could she have at least thought about that? She's a mother for Christ's Sake! At least show some f*cking respect in that area! Unbelievable. Thanks, LMP. Thanks for NOTHING.

P/S: I do not hate this woman, and I am not a person who is easily star-struck over celebrities (except maybe if I had a major, major crush on them, lol). I just don't buy her crap. Simple as that. I think I'm gonna take a cue from Mike and just not giva' shit.

Last edited:
so you guys agree with Lisa then? that Michael had it coming anyway and he couldn't be saved because it would have happened to him anyway?

It's obvious that some just don't know how to, or refuse to read what we have asked for in this thread. So I will take care of this now. I don't care if you are quoting from the autoppsy or not. I asked repeatedly for this to stop. There is an autopsy thread if you want to discuss that there. Lisa's interview has nothing to do with MJ at the time of his death. Why is that so hard for you all to understand. Why can't people follow what we ask for. By all means if you want to discuss the autopsy report, take it to that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back