"Lovin' you" - what do you think?

Something to keep in mind, the source material could be anything from 8 track to digital on all of these demos, that's going to have a massive effect on the audio quality.
Let's wait and see when the demos hits the web.

The production is great but it sounds like MJ's vocals were made to fit the song. It has similar processing to Best of Joy (which on first listen, I was reminded of Owl City)

Loving you is an eazy breezy groove with absolutely beautiful vocals (Michael's voice is honey smooth :girl_sigh:) and definitely deserves a release, even though for me it's not the most exciting song out there. It is growing on me with each listen though.

Loving You showed maturity through Michael's songwriting forte, he experienced all these emotions/life lessons.. and that is captured through his vocal performance. BAD is a unique time of Michael's recording life, Loving You is a true highlight of that.. Finding the right sound, always coming up with something new.. Nothing like it. Magic.

It's a great song, but I don't feel the same way about it as the other two. Chicago and Love Never Felt So Good are stronger.

This is the first song I've heard from this album's sessions that I don't feel has single potential.

I believe this song has perfect single potential... but to be honest, I probably think all of them do.

This song is just as great as the others (while I love Chicago the most at the moment). It's simply yet another masterpiece! =)

I love the instrumentation on this. And Michael's voice is incredible. I would have preferred this be the single over LNFSG.

The whole last part sounds great, but I'm not a big fan of the dynamics throughout the rest of the song, the boom-boom-boom after each line of the verse seems too loud. The chorus and bridge both sound ok though.

I hear no processing!!! I just hear a clear perfect vocal. Awesome track. Very breezy and fun, summer track. :)

Okay so I caved again...
I tried so hard this time it was like a full 5 minutes.
It's amazing well worth caving in, it's just perfect.
Everything about is amazing,it's Liberian Girl meets Break Of Dawn,I can only imagine how good the demo is.
Just when I thought we heard the best from the BAD sessions they drop this bomb.
Truly the King Of Music !

It's incredible. Love love love love love love this one!

Matt Forger mentions working on Loving you @3:02, I read correctly. :p Plus it's sweet and enjoyable listening the way he talks and the anecdotes about Michael.

Might wanna check your

I know what I'm so Blue sounds like, but even so I hear no processing in the track, it sounds like classic MJ vocal from this era so no complaints from me what so ever. He sounds great

I know what I'm so Blue sounds like, but even so I hear no processing in the track, it sounds like classic MJ vocal from this era so no complaints from me what so ever. He sounds great

The vocal sounds like it's been stretched and EQ'd with excessive warmth, Best Of Joy had this same sort of processing, but not as excessive. MJ himself does this in some songs like Elizabeth I Love You, but it's nowhere as exaggerated.

Matt Forger mentions working on Loving you @3:02, I read correctly. :p Plus it's sweet and enjoyable listening the way he talks and the anecdotes about Michael.

Matt Forger always comes across as a great guy who really treasured the time he spent working with MJ. He did a great job putting together the Bad 25 demos, which was no easy feat given that for many of the songs, several elements were on different tapes. People like him, who remember what the tracks sounded like at the time they were recorded, seem to have the utmost respect for Michael, and understand the historic importance of restoring those demos in their original state, are vital. It's encouraging to see that he was involved in some capacity on Xscape. I can't wait to hear the Loving You demo.

just like with APWNN, push the skip button. no doubt its nice song.

This song is just so heavenly! Especially Michael's 'hoooo' at 1:43 :wub:

My favorite of the bunch so far. Perfect mixing, production, harmonies. If I turn on the radio sometime this Summer and hear this, I'll be happy.

Hear the song right now, again again... - It is so great!

So far my favorite from Xscape

So far my list would be:

1. Loving You
2. Love Never Felt So Good
3. Chicago
4. A Place With No Name

- I am very impressed with all the songs and like them all very much. - Hope the last 4 songs are just as good as the first 4 we have heard!!

I absolutely love Loving you, the vocals are amazing :wub: It's just such a Michael song , so far it's one of my faves next to Chicago

I love Loving You (the original, I think the remix completely drains it of its magic). It's in the same vein as songs like Fly Away and Free (similar production too!). It's the kind of light, breezy, but beautiful song that MJ could seemingly produce whenever he wanted at the time. He always manages to make tracks like this work. The transition into the chorus and the chorus itself are wonderful and very catchy, great harmonies too. Of course I can see why it did not make Bad, but these are the kind of demos I love to hear. Wonderful!

the chorus remains me very much of Stevie Wonder "Do I Do"...

It's a beautiful song. Bad was such a great time for Michael. I have loved every single out-take from that era.

The way he tears up while talking about Michael is the same way I tear up when I listen to Michael. What a very special human being he was. Loving You is further testimony to his brilliance.

The demo reminds me a lot of The Girl is Mine demo. I don't like how it's been pitched down about a quarter of a semitone. It makes the song sound flat (they did the same thing with TGIM demo when it was released officially). It actually starts in Bflat Major and transitions to B major in the bridge, but it's not very obvious. Timbo's mix stays in Bflat major throughout, transitioning back at the end of the bridge bridge. He also changed the first buildup to the chorus to the same as the one after the bridge - he pitched it down and copypasted. "and I've been feeling down and blue and it's cloudy in my head" (original) vs "'cause I've been feeling down and blue and it's cloudy in my head" (remix) and "I'll stay home instead" (original version) vs "I'll stay home in bed" (remix)

So Pentum was right there is a LOT of vocal processing in Timbaland's remix.

There is an interesting "snort" or something after MJ sings "I can really feel it when you're near".

Back