Madonna Appreciation thread - For fans

Re: Madonna

:D :p

madonnashirt.jpg

wow, that's great!!!! :p

is that a new picture of Madonna, rocking that shirt of when she and Mike attended the Oscars in 1991?

is that a new picture of Madonna, rocking that shirt of when she and Mike attended the Oscars in 1991?

Nah this is a photo from one of the singles from her "Music" album. If you look closely thats really the Aerosmith logo, someone edited that pic onto the shirt.

Personally I don't really like her, though some of her music is catchy and just plain fun.

I can appreciate her ability to use the press at her favour insted of against her though...she's smart and I do think she deserves the Queen of Pop title having been around for so long and with such success, but her as a person I just can't stomach.

I like a lot of her songs, but still think shes overrated because none of her songs have really grabbed me. I just think a lot of them are 'good'. And I dislike a lot of her songs especially Erotica :puke:

But she certainly knows how to reinvent herself and shes an inspiration.

I like Kylie a lot better. :]

Last edited:

Just bumping this in light of Madonna's new hits album 'Celebration' which I bought a few days ago & have been playing it none stop ever since.36 remastered tracks plus 2 new tracks.They all sound as fresh today as they did 20 years ago.I highly recommend it.

I am loving the new collection even though I've heard all these songs a million times. I never get tired of it though. Same with Mike. It's also nice having them remastered and and all in one place, plus getting some new songs. I'm especially feeling "Revolver". This is really a great journey to take as a Madonna fan be it die hard or casual.

Where Madonna lacks compared to MJ is the quality of her albums. Although she is a lot more prolofic than Michael (in the last 7 years we've had 2 albums and one confirmed for this year) there are only 2 that I can fully play without skipping any tracks. Michael's are more complete.

This is laughable.
So: you are saying that the only thing Michael is better than Madonna is in the music quality? Michael is the greatest entertainer ever. Madonna can't sing, dance, write, arrange, compose, produce like Michael. When it comes to talent, Michael had MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE talent in his nose than Madonna in her whole body. Michael invented his own style, created a personna, became a cretaive genius, the most awarded and influential artist ever.

Michael released 24 studio albums (also with the J5) and has hundreds of unreleased songs, so the prolific story does not correspond to the truth. By the time Michael was 20, he had released more albums than Madonna at 50.

PS= MICHAEL NEVER HAD A RIVALRY WITH MADONNA. Madge is not on his level. Prince has a rivalry with Michael.

Last edited:

Prince has a rivalry with Michael.
Prince didn't have a rivalry with Mike. The so-called "rivalry" was press created. Prince & Mike hung out with each other occasionally. OK, now back to the original subject of Madonna, lol.

This is laughable.
So: you are saying that the only thing Michael is better than Madonna is in the music quality? Michael is the greatest entertainer ever. Madonna can't sing, dance, write, arrange, compose, produce like Michael. When it comes to talent, Michael had MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE talent in his nose than Madonna in her whole body. Michael invented his own style, created a personna, became a cretaive genius, the most awarded and influential artist ever.

Michael released 24 studio albums (also with the J5) and has hundreds of unreleased songs, so the prolific story does not correspond to the truth. By the time Michael was 20, he had released more albums than Madonna at 50.

PS= MICHAEL NEVER HAD A RIVALRY WITH MADONNA. Madge is not on his level. Prince has a rivalry with Michael.

Why must someone always start this tired act? Ugh. No one else is saying these things. Why bring up something that doesn't exist? YOU are doing this. No one is challenging MJ or his abilities. No one would be silly enough to try and demean Michael Jackson and his legacy. Why be so defensive when it's not needed? Chill out.

There are fans of other artists at this board who find a particular artist to be great in their own way. There is no need for every single artist to be compared to MJ, approved by MJ or his fans. There is nothing wrong with appreciating other artists and finding something worthwhile or even genius in what they do.

If you don't like Madonna, that's totally cool. Don't like her. However, do you have to ruin an entire thread for those who do?

It's weird how a sub-forum that is supposed to be dedicated to other artists outside the Jackson realm starts to implode if one does what the title suggests. Go figure.

Why must someone always start this tired act? Ugh. No one else is saying these things. Why bring up something that doesn't exist? YOU are doing this. No one is challenging MJ or his abilities. No one would be silly enough to try and demean Michael Jackson and his legacy. Why be so defensive when it's not needed? Chill out.

There are fans of other artists at this board who find a particular artist to be great in their own way. There is no need for every single artist to be compared to MJ, approved by MJ or his fans. There is nothing wrong with appreciating other artists and finding something worthwhile or even genius in what they do.

If you don't like Madonna, that's totally cool. Don't like her. However, do you have to ruin an entire thread for those who do?

It's weird how a sub-forum that is supposed to be dedicated to other artists outside the Jackson realm starts to implode if one does what the title suggests. Go figure.

Superb post Jona.I 10000000000000000% agree.Nothing wrong with not liking some one but why take something away from them? Judgemental comments are really annoying & especailly coming from an MJ fan.Do we not already have enough to put up with???!!!

Would've been cool if "Angel" and "The Look of Love" made the cut (for "Celebration"), but with so many quality tracks to choose from, something had to give, I guess. Got most of her albums. The DVD collection is a must-have for me though. I still might break down and get the cd anyway lol.

...I'm going to say something that I've always wanted to say but just haven't because I know what will follow (the inevitable inflammatory default response).

You all know I'm a Madonna fan and proud of it. Although most would probably feel I am very outspoken about the fact, I'm not as outspoken as I'd like to be. Didn't think that was possible?.. It is!

More often than not, the detractors dismiss Madonna's musicality. No one will dare deny her business savvy but that's all they want to give her credit for. Hear me out, I know we don't all have to love her so that's not what I'm trying to do.

What I want to express or rather trying to express is that I do find her to be a talented and at times brilliant artist in not only marketing but the actual musical part of her career as well. I do feel this way and don't feel I should be made a fool for it.

As a fan I don't understand how anyone can say that she is talentless given the sure length and relevance of her career. Again, you don't have to like her or her music but I've never understood how someone can simply "market" themselves for about 30 years and the public just buys it time and time again like mindless sheep without having her having the true talent to back it all up.

I feel that there has to be something about Madonna and the music itself. There has had to of been a reason that still to this day people will give an arm and a leg to see her perform. Madonna has always had her hand in every single aspect of her career from the very beginning. At no point did anyone push her around or tell her what to do. She writes and produces all her albums. Sure, she has had producers but she is still there in the studio right along with them and gets the final say. Madonna (in my opinion) has real musicality. She has almost always known what works and what doesn't. How can a person do that without true musical talent? I don't understand. She clearly has an ear and mind for music. What other reasonable explanations are there?

Again, I am not trying to convert but trying to give insight in to my own mind and heart as to how I feel about one of my personal musical greats.

Madonna had a vision, ideas, boundaries, and taboos she wanted to express and break (and did). Often all her controversy was brushed off and misunderstood as just taking her clothes off or making a video to get a rise out of people. I always saw so much more. There was always some deeper message she was trying to get across. Sometimes dark.

I was always impressed with how much effort, work, and thought she put in to her videos and performances (and don't forget the music).If the music wasn't good then all the button pushing in the world couldn't sustain a lifelong career. She dared to go where no one had gone before. Her goal was to make the world talk about things they had never discussed before in an open and non-judgmental dialogue- sex, religion, homosexuality, abortion, spousal abuse and on and on.

Madonna tackled all the issues with the writing and producing of her music, video and stage too. I obviously admire her and love her music very much. Just as MJ has touched us all with his talent, so has Madonna me with hers. I know that may be hard for some to understand and that's why I'm making this post.

I don't know how many times I have been made to feel that I'm wrong or even stupid for believing Madonna is a talented living legend, the "Queen of Pop". I have read many truly nasty comments, have seen her accomplishments torn to shreds, and have been personally attacked over my personal opinion. I guess that sort of thing is "human nature" but I really wish that we could still say what's on our minds without being disrespectful to others.

I just want to be able to have my opinion and still be treated with respect. I really want us all to treat each other better. Why can't we express ourselves without trying to hurt someone else in the process?

I would never EVER say that Madonna is more talented than MJ but I do see real and substantial talent in her. Always have. I believe that is why she is still with us today- topping charts, selling out stadiums, and making headlines and history across the globe.

I hope that maybe those who have often criticized me can maybe now understand me a little better. If not, at the very least respect my feelings. I often find myself defending my thoughts, views, and opinions concerning Madonna and that isn't right. I should be allowed to think and feel as I choose. I've had every possible insult thrown at me. I've had my MJ fandom questioned. You name it, it's been said. Sometimes it feels like if it ain't a Jackson it ain't right and that to me is, well, um... wrong. All I'm saying is that I would love to read something someone has posted about Madonna that isn't then turned in to something personal and nasty by others who can't comprehend the idea that some find her worthy of praise. That's all.

We don't all think and feel the same way, however, I do believe in MJ's message and so hope that when threads are made about other artists we can keep that message in mind and heart to avoid nastiness.

Thank you.

Ok Madonna is good for fun, and on the women side she's powerful, wish she would have treated Michael better, i mean, she could have helped him cause she seems strong, but guess she missunderstood many things back in time, many things...

I prefer 'old-school' Madonna to her as she is now, but then I admire how flexible she is; whilst her music is up-to-the-minute, she manages to recreate herself consistently and sound fresh, yet still make songs that are 'recognisably Madonna'. That's an achievement in my book. I prefer Michael (will never be a Madonna fan) as I love all of his music and it sounds as new today as when it was first brought out years ago.

Last edited:

I had to post this new pic of Lourdes out with her father. She looks so much like her mama!

lolaaab.jpg

Jona, can you tell us if it was Madonna's idea to release a greatest hits collection or was it her record company's? I just hope she or her record company don't go down the same road as Sony and/or Michael and start releasing an endless stream of greatest hits collections. I noticed Madonna has released a lot more new material than Michael in recent years.

Jona, can you tell us if it was Madonna's idea to release a greatest hits collection or was it her record company's? I just hope she or her record company don't go down the same road as Sony and/or Michael and start releasing an endless stream of greatest hits collections. I noticed Madonna has released a lot more new material than Michael in recent years.

This is Madonna's last release with Warner before moving on to Live Nation. She owed them one last album and was involved in it's release, having recorded new material for it. It was easier to release a hits collection rather than record an album of all new music.

I personally pray that Warner doesn't give her the MJ treatment as far as starting to release an endless stream of hits packages that in turn water down the catalog.

Madonna has a lot of power but no one is really sure how much she has over her own music. We don't really know if Warner can release without her permission, etc. No one quite understands her relationship with Warner and how her departure will affect business. I pray she has some sort of control over her catalog to prevent the cheapening of her music.

I guess only the future will tell.

This is Madonna's last release with Warner before moving on to Live Nation. She owed them one last album and was involved in it's release, having recorded new material for it. It was easier to release a hits collection rather than record an album of all new music.

I personally pray that Warner doesn't give her the MJ treatment as far as starting to release an endless stream of hits packages that in turn water down the catalog.

Madonna has a lot of power but no one is really sure how much she has over her own music. We don't really know if Warner can release without her permission, etc. No one quite understands her relationship with Warner and how her departure will affect business. I pray she has some sort of control over her catalog to prevent the cheapening of her music.

I guess only the future will tell.

If I remember correctly there were reports that Number Ones, which included the new song, One More Chance, was Michael's last release with Sony but as we know that wasn't the case (Presently Number Ones is vying to be the best selling CD of the year).

To be fair, the 4 CD + 1 DVD Ultimate Collection was an extremely worthwhile release, especially for the true fans. The other greatest hits packages were only good for casual fans, although even they are selling well because of Michael's tragic passing. Unfortunately, Sony seems to be pushing what is essentially yet another greatest hits package on the public: the This Is It soundtrack.

I hope Michael's estate ultimately attains control over the rights to his music or uses it with greater discretion. Madonna has an opportunity to study what is happening and, depending on her legal leverage, prevent the same exploitation/miscalculations.

I have great respect for Madonna. Of female pop singers, she was always on my top list. Great talent with the ability to constantly recreate her entertainment facade.

Warner has released compilation CDs by Prince without his permission after he left, like "The Best Of Prince" & "Ultimate Prince". Warners owns Prince master recordings, and most likely owns Madonna's. There's not many major label acts that own their masters. Some are U2, Motley Crue, Genesis, & KISS. Prince owns his post Warner Brothers masters and old songs he never turned in to Warners when he was signed to them. If the label owns the masters, they can do whatever they want with them, unless Madonna has a clause in her CONtract (as Prince calls them, lol) that forbids it.

Madonna's Celebration has sold 2 million copies worldwide!!!! Go Madonna!!! YAY!

CELEBRATIONS SELLS 2 MILLION COPIES WORLDWIDE IN 2 WEEKS

By Amazing Guy., on October 7th, 2009
Original-Celebration-Album-Cover-300x300.jpg

Signing off.. Thanks again to all of you for helping Greatest Hits sell 2 million albums in just 2 weeks.. goodnight

Source: Twitter.com

http://twitter.com/guyoseary

I'm not knocking Madonna or anything because Celebration is doing extremely well and I'm happy for her but that person isn't telling the truth when he said it has sold 2 million in 2 weeks. If you look on mediatraffic.de which counts the official sales for albums week by week Celebration has sold 500,000 + copies in the last 2 weeks (which is a huge achievement in itself) and not 2 million. Perhaps the guy is referring to shipments, but shipments just means the amount of copies shipped to stores and not actual sales.

Last edited:
Back