Maximum - Jackson closed by domain owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the disrespect shown to Michael, the man we all love and honor, in the name of objectivity is appalling

tbh ive seen that on other boards. the objectivity card gets played alot. but objectivity has nothing to do with uneducated lies. as its normally just a shield for ulterior motives

tbh ive seen that on other boards. the objectivity card gets played alot. but objectivity has nothing to do with uneducated lies. as its normally just a shield for ulterior motives

Like Qbee said, I wouldn't call some of the MaxJax founders haters. They clearly are devoted fans. They didn't spread baseless lies. What I can't agree with them is the overly critical and cynical way they judged Michael's personal flaws. Like someone mentioned here earlier, I already need to deal with those critics that magnify Michael's flaws way out of proportion in the mainstream media, the last thing I want to do is to see the same kind of judgemental attitude on a fan board.

Like Qbee said, I wouldn't call some of the MaxJax founders haters. They clearly are devoted fans. They didn't spread baseless lies. What I can't agree with them is the overly critical and cynical way they judged Michael's personal flaws. Like someone mentioned here earlier, I already need to deal with those critics that magnify Michael's flaws way out of proportion in the mainstream media, the last thing I want to do is to see the same kind of judgemental attitude on a fan board.

Would you call any of them coward, as PG did? :D

By the way love, your grammar is awful. :D

He would not have been able to do that, when you change dns for a domain it takes a few days to propagate across the net thus the black out then the index page that you see now.

so this was out of his control???!!! sorry i didn't know............but don't you think that closing down a forum which has thousands of members shouldn't be a personal decision???!!!

i would hardly call someone devoted when they dont even bother to educate themselves on the basic facts of mjs life because the truth doesnt support the image they want to have of mj in order to make themselves feel better. i dont call someone devoted who picks apart another humans flaws. And acts like they are whiter than white while attacking someone they claim to love. i guess as mj said its throwing stones to hide your hands. ive seen one to many times fans take out their own personal issues on michael. with fans like that who needs enemies

I was active on MaxJax for a while. I liked the in-depth discussions on Michael's music. In all fairness, many posts there including the one by PG are informative and interesting. At one point, I found MaxJax complimentary to MJJC - two different forums with different vibes. Going to different forums enable fans to get different experience, which I perceive as beneficial to the fan community. Some moderators, like krystikel (Hi, hope you are having a great time in LA,) are friendly and fair.

However, I did notice the problems stated by people here. The demise of MaxJax is largely due to some founders' condescending attitude and intolerance of different opinions. Also, the disrespect shown to Michael, the man we all love and honor, in the name of objectivity is appalling. In my opinion, it's sad to see the forum came to an end because of a few people's behaviors. Many people, including MaxJax's members, moderators and founders, made substantial contributions to MaxJax. Some posts were absolutely brilliant. It's regretful to see all of the years' works go down to the drains.

I hope MJJC would see the closing of MaxJax as a lesson to learn from. It takes tremendous amount of efforts to build and maintain a fan community. As a fan, I wish all respectfully run fan boards keep on thriving.

You know I'm with you on this.....I had even asked (practically begged) to be banned from that site because I was so disappointed and disgusted with some of the behaviour from certain people and I didn't want my name associated with such a poorly run forum by some of the moderators..I didn't even want to post anymore for fear of being ridiculed or put down for no reason at all.....I didn't like the way some of my fellow fans, my friends, (let alone MJ himself!) were treated...There is just absolutely no reason for it...The egoism and pretentiousness from some people was just off the charts....

Any MJ site could be fantastic if it's just run with a little bit of love, devotion and common respect for fellow human beings ....

Last edited:
Re: maximum - jackson closed? / founders say not true

Amen!!!

Wouldn't miss it for a second if it were closed - and I hope it was. The amount of hypocrisy and disgusting things that went around that forum was mindblowing. Kicking their own team members off, banning past team members because certain people held grudges. Disgusting.

It seems like a lot of forums are run by people on power trips.

Quite simply ... I saw Max Jax's downfall coming when class MJ fans were banned for life for having a difference of opinion to certain egotistical mods/founders.

And the opinions/efforts of faithful loving positive MJ fans, were usually pro Michael, but they were looked down upon and often called names.

Nutsy, cheesy etc etc ....

One example ....

I was called a NUTSY fan by ****one of the Founder of MaxJax ... for advocating that the boards be taken off Michael's name at the Gardner School.

I was told staff had better things to do and to stop advocating it!!!

Can you believe that ... ?

Well it's true ... and as I said above, that came from *** and his *** and to top it .... certain mods came in for the kill supporting them. Making me feel I was totally wrong wanting to bring justice for Michael by having those unfair and offensive boards removed

What type of Michael Jackson fans are these???

Thank God since then we NUTSY fans got those boards removed, and now a music room is even being added in HONOR of Michael.

This is but one incident.

I do not miss MaxJax and the abuse I got there ... I just miss all the threads I created with such love and effort and my personal blog.

Certain Founders /mods thought they were more important than Michael and his fans ... and I do not miss their egotistical negative ways at all.

Must add ... the initial Founder Smooth C was a decent chap .... but seemed totally over powered IMO by the likes of some mean spirited co Founders.

I BEG MJJC to please never have mods like that here.

Our mods here are respectful and caring like Michael ... and have his best interests at heart.

Just sayin ....

Michael Forever ... infact ETERNALLY !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The closing of any MJ forum is a terrible sadness and loss & especially MaxJax because there was a wonderful MJ family there :(

What some / many fans may be pleased about, is that certain pompous Founders who brought negativity into Michael's bright space .... have at last been told exactly what is thought of them without the fear of the unfair banning knife held over them.

There was an unpleasant clique of founders and mods there that sadly made it unbearable there at times.

What a sadness ... and how unnecessary :(

why i got the feeling that some comments here(some) are happy that Max Jax is closed???

^^^^
Hello , Angel2 !
I remember your posts on Max..they were nothing but loving and respectful. I even asked them why you were banned and they said it is a personal decision .
I guess you were banned for saying Michael was not an addict.

I guess that forum was corrupted by dark side. Power and greed does that.

Thanks Healer ... you are so kind xx

Not even going to go into it any further because it brought great sadness at the time. I put my heart and soul into MaxJax because of my total respect for Michael.

But ....

Anyway I think the offenders know how we feel now ... just a sadness that they brought a loving Family down :(

Take care Healer xx

I stopped being active on there some time ago. It was hard to sit and watch some unpleasant things said about Michael at times. Being objective is fair enough I suppose but I felt at times the man the board was meant for was being trashed.

This thread makes for interesting reading. I won't write an essay on this, but could. My opinion is MaxJax was a brilliant site but was ruined by 2 individuals, however that is only my viewpoint & I'm sure some could say it was ruined by me & a couple of others.

I made some good friends on there, & for that I am grateful to MaxJax. I appreciate the fact that getting the balance right for running boards must be difficult & on MaxJax there was too many chiefs.

It was the best Mike forum on the net - fair, balanced and honest.

It was...(maybe not the best, but a good one) until some individuals abused their power and trashed MJ, MJ fans and other sites like this one. What goes up must go down I'm afraid.

i would hardly call someone devoted when they dont even bother to educate themselves on the basic facts of mjs life because the truth doesnt support the image they want to have of mj in order to make themselves feel better. i dont call someone devoted who picks apart another humans flaws.
I hear this often and it's rather ironic coming from folk who still pick apart another person's private life anyway while having a dig at those whose "picking apart" style differs from their own.

Gossip is still gossip no matter how much you disagree with the way your contemporaries engage in it.

zealous_fans.png

I hear this often and it's rather ironic coming from folk who still pick apart another person's private life anyway while having a dig at those whose "picking apart" style differs from their own.

picking apart a trial and the facts of it and being intrested in getting justice for someone u love isnt quite the same as calling someone a bad father an addict a capitalist etc etc. or maybe im missing something!.if you are a fan of someone then of course fans talk about ppls privates lives career etc.its a part of being a fan. and yes when mj messed up lets say in berlin then fans did say WTF mike.as im sure the next comment will be about how some fans will always defend mj no matter what and other fans are being "objective" now compair that to what was posted on that board and how ppl acted.thats very different so dont even try to compair it or say they two are the same. theres no excuse for the things that were posted on here interms of what was said on that board and how posters seemed to have been treated. so trying to imply the two things are the same is bizarre to say the least. but i guess some will always try to justify negativity towards mj.

i wonder if said posters even had the ability to back up their claims with facts cause as always with alot of fans they seem to take out the own personal issues on mj and dont tend to follow things such as the trial etc. i saw this on other boards where certain individuals who claimed to be fans said mj bleached his skin. said posters were black and admitted they couldnt handle what had happeend to mj.funny how they disapeared after june 09.never had the guts to come back and apologise and admit they were wrong. anyway thats another issue

Last edited:

cAlling a fan Nutsy, insulting their intelligence,making sarcastic comments over some people preference concerning Michael and then baning them is fair,balance and honest according to you? i'm wOndering how much of those honest and fair people would have the guts to tell Michael in his face that he was a bad father and all the things that people said here? lET me tell you. nO One. thAT why they started going Napoleon on people when Michael died.

picking apart a trial and the facts of it and being intrested in getting justice for someone u love isnt quite the same as calling someone a bad father an addict a capitalist etc etc. or maybe im missing something!
Gossip is not limited to trials. It all remains an intrusion of a person's (and family's) private life where you have no involvement in (no matter how much you "love" them).

One thing we can all deduce from Michael's messages through his art is his appeal for us to respect his privacy.

We even have fans invested in following his children's lives.

Gossip is not limited to trials. It all remains an intrusion of a person's (and family's) private life where you have no involvement in (no matter how much you "love" them).

One thing we can all deduce from Michael's messages through his art is his appeal for us to respect his privacy.

but u cant justify the things that were said on that board by ppl who claim to be fans can you.. and that is what this conversation is about. they invaded mjs privacy in the worst kind. by insulting him by calling him names and in the same breath claimed they were fans. and then banned other fans who had the audacity to defend mj that is the lowest of the low. it seems from whats been posted on here that those that ran the board had no intrest in the "gossip" of the trial and getting justice but were all for "gossip" that attacked mj and insulted him it seems they showed their colours very nicely during that time . I'd take anyday fans who as u say gosssip. over "those who call him an addict a bad father and no doubt if they had the gaul a child abuser aswell if it took their fancy seeing as they seemed to have no problems calling someone they claimed to love every name under the sun.anyway im glad gregg took the site down theres enough hate spewed at mj on the internet so called fans dont need to add to it.

yes the twitter issue etc is ridiculous but thats a whole other thread/book complicated by how they have been used this last 3 years

Last edited:
I thought it was blatant enough that by me condemning any gossip it would include those who you speak of. My thought process just goes one step further to also include any group that propagates endless gossip churned throughout decades and decades of being invested in Michael's private life, never mind his children's as of late.

how blantently lieing and insulting someone and calling them a bad father etc etc can be held in the same breath as what you call gossip is beyond me.one is nasty and cruel and done with malice to insult and hurt.where as the other is not. i dunno lets say for example ppl talking about when mj took faye out to the motown cafe back in the day and ppl gossiped about who faye was. how is that the same as some person on a board calling mj a bad father and addict etc etc when that very same person claims to be a fan.u dont insult and attack the one u claim to support. but like i said some will always try to justify such actions

No it was not. Members were attacked , ridiculed for saying nice things about Michael , and you know it.
Disscusing music...ok. We also have it here , Max was not the only forum to do that.
Fair - how so ? By saying Michael caused his own death ?
balanced ? Is that maybe because not all of you were kissing Michael"s a** ? ( as someone said ? )
Honest ? Hm.
On a real MJ fan board ppl who love Michael for almost 30 years should have some respect. It should not make a difference in stating an opinion because there are a lot of young ppl who discovered Michael in the last couple of years and I welcome that very much. But..to be rudely attacked by a 18 year old guy who knows nothing about MJ - that is just....

judging a forum by a countable number of members,or founders or anyone isn't fair at all...yes there were a lot of unfair things that may have happened,but that shouldn't drift us away from objectivity....

judging a forum by a countable number of members,or founders or anyone isn't fair at all...yes there were a lot of unfair things that may have happened,but that shouldn't drift us away from objectivity....

A good MJ forum is when you feel at home despite differences of opinion. I am sorry, but that kind of thing was apparently forbidden by some of the very founders on Max-Jax. The people witnessing on this thread about injustice that has been done to them are not making up stories. They're MJ fans banned for no real reason on a Michael Jackson forum. How's that fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back