May 20, 2008 (Big Star to be in tomorrow's American Idol Performing,says Paula Abdul)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Hello everyone I hope your day is going well.

Transferring this article here (thank you to TSCM) was in the other news thread but its todays news :wink:

http://www.kansas.com/485/story/409515.html

LA judge rejects new trial in Michael Jackson taping case

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - A judge on Monday denied a new trial for a Santa Monica-based air charter service that was ordered to pay $20.25 million for secretly videotaping Michael Jackson and his lawyers as they flew to the pop star's surrender on molestation charges in 2003.

Superior Court Judge Soussan G. Bruguera rejected the motion by the now-defunct company XtraJet Inc. and its owner Jeffrey Borer.

In March, Bruguera ordered XtraJet to pay the $20.25 million to Jackson's lawyer, Mark Geragos, and his associate, Pat Harris, for invading their privacy in order to sell the video of Jackson to the media. The pop star was a plaintiff in the 2003 lawsuit, but later withdrew from the case.

Borer and his associate Arvel Jetter Reeves, the mechanic who installed cameras in the plane, pleaded guilty to conspiracy last year. Borer was sentenced to six months home detention so he could care for his ailing wife, while Reeves received an eight-month prison sentence.

Borer's lawyer, Lloyd Kirschbaum, said he would appeal the compensatory and punitive awards.

Kirschbaum said the judge ignored crucial evidence in favor of his client because she mistakenly believed that the tape included sound.

Without audio captured on the tape, Geragos and Harris could not claim a breach of the attorney-client privilege, Kirschbaum argued.

He also said the plaintiff won't be able to collect from XtraJet because the company is bankrupt.

"It's like trying to get money from Enron," Kirschbaum said.

Geragos' attorney, Brian Kabateck, praised the decision. He said Kirschbaum's motion raised the same issues the defense had argued unsuccessfully before.

Even if the tape, which is in the hands of the FBI, had no audio on it when obtained by authorities, the intention was to record conversations, said Kabateck.

Mentionings:

Former Jackson 5 singer Jermaine Jackson and wife divorce
The Associated Press
Article Launched: 05/20/2008 12:08:22 AM PDT

var requestedWidth = 0;
if(requestedWidth > 0){ document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.width = requestedWidth + "px"; document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"; } LOS ANGELES—Jermaine Jackson is going solo.
The former Jackson 5 member and now ex-wife Alejandra Jackson have finalized their divorce, according to papers filed Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court.
Jermaine Jackson agreed to pay $50,000 for Alejandra's attorney fees and $50,000 for back child support payments.
Alejandra Jackson waived all spousal support and any rights to her ex-husband's jewelry, furniture and his business, Jermaine Jackson Entertainment, Inc.
The couple's two children will live with their mother while their father will have visitation rights, according to court papers. Jermaine Jackson agreed to pay $3,000 per month in child support.
The couple married in 1995 and filed for divorce in 2007.
Attempts to find a contact number for Jermaine Jackson, Michael Jackson's older brother, were not successful. A call to his attorney after business hours Monday was not returned.

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_9318992

Endless love affair with Supreme diva Ross
..."Discovering" The Jackson 5 -- She didn't, really. That was a promotional scheme cooked up by Motown to set up the group's debut album Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5. However, she did introduce the group to the public on television and Michael Jackson has always let it be known that he considers Diana his mentor...
http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald....html?id=816a8941-c3ad-40af-9a46-05afc79abe88

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1997 - Michael Jackson's "Blood On The Dance Floor: HIStory..." was released.

1997 - Michael Jackson's video "HIStory On Film Volume 2" was released.

2003 - Michael Jackson arrived in Indianapolis for a deposition planned for the next day. The lawsuit alleged that the Jackson Five had violated copyrights and infringed on the trade name Ripples & Waves in 1967.

[SIZE=+2]Michael Jackson Quote[/SIZE]​

Get me out
Into the night-time
Four walls won't hold me tonight
If this town
Is just an apple
Then let me take a bite
- Michael Jackson, Human Nature

sexysearchjj3.jpg

That's it for now will add more once it's available :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: May 20, 2008: Michael Jackson News and Mentions

Thanks for the news, Shannon.

Regarding the xtrajet thingy, good to know. :)

Notice how Michael is flying high nowadays and all his haters who were trying to sink him are have either die, gone to jail, lost jobs or lost crediablity, or out of sight in shame.

Notice how Michael is flying high nowadays and all his haters who were trying to sink him are have either die, gone to jail, lost jobs or lost crediablity, or out of sight in shame.
Ain't that something.

I was thinking about that the other day, since Court TV is now TruTV and that old Court TV crew is dang near all gone and some of them are JOBLESS. It's very interesting, the way things turned out.

Thanks Shannon
The new was all pretty cool today
just the fact and no garbage .. or
sarcastic remarkes ..

Qbee, I noticed that too!

Thanks for news!!

Yeah, terrell, I have noticed that as well. All of those "haters" are not gone or doing mininal jobs and MJ is chillin' doing his thing. Good for him.

oh then what happens to the money that must pay to Michael when they're bankrupt?? they just go to jail??

thanks for the news

Thanks for the news...I also noticed that there were no sarcasm or backhanded insults. Nice for a change.

Well, it seems tmz is rolling with the vegas angle...

Jackson Poker Faced on Vegas Gig

Posted May 20th 2008 1:54PM by TMZ Staff
0520_jackson_vegas_apex03.jpg
Michael Jackson could become the next Celine Dion, and we're not just talkin' wardrobe.

We've been able to connect the dots and it seems the guys who just bailed ***** out of Neverland debt may be angling to put him on stage in Vegas.

These money men run Colony Capital, a group that owns the Las Vegas Hilton. Colony just forked over the green M.J. needed to keep Neverland out of foreclosure.

So, you ask, what's in it for Colony? We're told Vegas money is on Jackson headlining there and raking in a much-needed jackpot. Colony has the venue -- it's where Barry Manilow performed -- and now the leverage to moonwalk his ass back on stage.

*****'s peeps didn't return our calls for comment.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/05/20/jackson-poker-faced-on-vegas-gig/#comments

Wow, the comments on there - jeez no wonder I don't stray far from MJJC!

Well TMZ = Tabloid so I'll wait for an official confirmation thank you very much.
Thoe comments: meh loosers with nothing better to do thatn hanging around TMZ...

I wonder why they seem to think it's an exclusive though :lol:

I wonder why they seem to think it's an exclusive though :lol:

LOL! I guess it's a slow day in Hollywood and that's why this story is being recycled as an EXCLUSIVE. Havey Levin is such a loser!

TMZ breeds idoits who like to make stupid comments. The internet is a wonderful tool but it also brings out the nutcases who hide behind computers and talk mess. I bet you if Michael performs in Vegas, some of those same posters will be the first in line.

MMMMMMMMMMMM SOMETHING VERY VERY INTERESTING that caught my eye when I was looking for news to post. Will Michael be on the last episode of American Idol?Here is what Paula Abdul has to say in an interview she had on "Extra"

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/s...nale_warmup_Paula_Abdul_on_record_for_tonight

According to Idol’s Nigel Lythgoe, the biggest star in the world will be performing at the Idol finale and Abdul gives “Extra” a hint! “I think it’s MJ,” Abduls reveals. When asked if she really believes Michael Jackson is performing, Abdul responds, “Yeah, I have a sneaking suspicion.”

MMMMMMMMMMMM SOMETHING VERY VERY INTERESTING that caught my eye when I was looking for news to post. Will Michael be on the last episode of American Idol?Here is what Paula Abdul has to say in an interview she had on "Extra"

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/s...nale_warmup_Paula_Abdul_on_record_for_tonight

According to Idol’s Nigel Lythgoe, the biggest star in the world will be performing at the Idol finale and Abdul gives “Extra” a hint! “I think it’s MJ,” Abduls reveals. When asked if she really believes Michael Jackson is performing, Abdul responds, “Yeah, I have a sneaking suspicion.”

Okay, I need to breathe right here.......I sincerely hope Paula knows the heck what she's saying here and thats she was'nt in one of her hazy moments when she said this! 'cause lawd this would just thrill me to death!!!!:clapping::angel::clapping::angel:

TMZ breeds idoits who like to make stupid comments. The internet is a wonderful tool but it also brings out the nutcases who hide behind computers and talk mess. I bet you if Michael performs in Vegas, some of those same posters will be the first in line.

No, Terrell, I don't believe for one second that this poll was done by a lot of people on the internet who hate Michael and just happen to all be at TMZ. No, I think that TMZ rigs their polls to coincide with their daily ranting against certain celebs. If they are reporting in a salacious, innuendo-filled way against a celeb, they want the poll to reflect that feeling. They did this poll themselves.

How many times have you ever seen a bunch of people say that they would not go to see Michael Jackson.....the Michael Jackson perform? Even Michael's harshess critics would go to see him perform. This poll is rigged.

Re: May 20, 2008 (Michael to be in tomorrow's American Idol Performing,says Paula Abdul)

I'm holding my applause until I actually see him. Y'all are really gonna make me watch this show, man.

Last edited:
Re: May 20, 2008 (Michael to be in tomorrow's American Idol Performing,says Paula Abdul)

And if he does perform on the finale of AI, I hope he is performing his new first single and not something old. This would be the perfect way to introduce the single to the world. I mean how many peeps watch that show? About 35 mil or so? Shoot, seems to me Michael is relying on TV this time around. He aint gonna trust himself to no radio.

You don't get any better than tv. You don't get any better than showcasing your new single on the most watched show on tv.

OMG........................:wild: :wild:

Heart be still.

Erghh. Wait! I went through this ENTIRE season without giving in to the temptation of watching the evil show and NOW I HAVE to watch it just in case. Gahh.

Nevermind.... I see it says tomorrow. What time?

Last edited:

I stopped watching it too. But if Michael is gonna be on there, I will be watching and recording!

Hope the Idol thing is true. Doubt it is, but hope so......

There was no mention of it on the show at all today. They didn't even say anything about a surprise guest performance tomorrow.
"I think" and "sneaking suspicion" - i don't know if those phrases ring high hopes for me. I'll be tuning in anyway...

Last edited:

Is tomorrow the last episode of AI ? if so why didn't they mention a special guest performer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back