May 20, 2008 (Big Star to be in tomorrow's American Idol Performing,says Paula Abdul)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, any show where 35 million people + are watching can't be too bad a place to show up to get your name out there. George Michael is cool and all, and Lythgoe is from the UK, so I guess I can see why he'd say that.... but man, that's overhyping things a bit.

Show business, I guess.

Re: May 20, 2008 (Michael to be in tomorrow's American Idol Performing,says Paula Abdul)

If it's George Michael performing on AI, then why the heck does it imply in the thread's title that it's MJ?

Removing in 5 4 3 2 1....

LOL it wasn't me :lol: I think because Paula said it was MJ but evidently she might be wrong :lol:

Who would know more? Paula who works for American Idol or E! News, a tabloid source?

No, she definitely did say MJ. But there is another rumour that George Michael is performing. Still nothing confirmed- so here's hoping still!

Re: May 20, 2008 (Michael to be in tomorrow's American Idol Performing,says Paula Abdul)

LOL it wasn't me :lol: I think because Paula said it was MJ but evidently she might be wrong :lol:

:( It was me who posted it. Sorry to mislead everyone on the title that I posted earlier. I was a little over thrilled about what the quote had said.

:( It was me who posted it. Sorry to mislead everyone on the title that I posted earlier. I was a little over thrilled about what the quote had said.

Awww *huggies* it's ok :) I really, really, really wish it's true :yes: Gotta wait and see :yes:

Someone find out where exactly George Michael is at the moment. Then we may be able to nail it down a bit more. If he's in the country then it's probably him who's gonna perform.

And remember, we haven't exactly been lucky in the recent past with speculated MJ performances.

I can't see that trend changing anytime soon, gotta be realistic :( sad, but true..

the trend will eventually change. we just don't know when. could be soon could be later. Thats more realistic to me.

Last edited:
i'm already like 'damm, Paula'. been damning Paula for years lol

George Michael is not the biggest star in the world? what is Nigel Lythgoe smoking?

Well if it was MJ, Im thinking that Paula wouldnt openly blab it per MJs strict requests.

How many times in a year are fans going to be conned into believing the hype about MJ turning up on a show only to be dsappointed. This sort of thing is done deliberately to cause a stir and to get ratings. The industry is acknowledging that MJ's name draws crowds so they use it. They did it last year when they were resurrecting Elvis from the grave and they have constantly using mJ's name to promote their show without giving him the recognition.
MJ will not turn up on their show, They wish he would but he will not.

oh please God let it be our michael :praying

o/t paula abdul had a relationship with one of the jackson bros a few years ago. i think it was jackie but im not sure :unsure:

oh please God let it be our michael :praying

o/t paula abdul had a relationship with one of the jackson bros a few years ago. i think it was jackie but im not sure :unsure:
o/t; Jackie. Oprah would be very jealous, she so wanted to marry him.

Last edited:

you can guess that, but acting you cant act like u know for sure.
i wouldnt think it was something i could see MJ doing but nothing is out of the question. its a massive audience, it would be a positive representation for MJ and if he performed something would open him up to that incredibly large audience who would be FORCED to watch him PERFORM.. no tabloids, no jokes, no gimmicks, just a performance.

Id like to see him do it, but i doubt it highly.

I agree with you Dats!

I have no problem with American Idol (although I have never watched it), but I just can't see MJ making his FIRST live appearance on any television shows, unless it's a "television special" that will feature only him.

I agree with you Dats!

I have no problem with American Idol (although I have never watched it), but I just can't see MJ making his FIRST live appearance on any television shows, unless it's a "television special" that will feature only him.

MJ appeared on Smap Smap in 2006, so this aint outa the question.

I agree with you Dats!

Absolutely. MJ turning up on that showwould be totally against his character. What I fear most is that fans will hype this up and then blame MJ for not turning up with silly threads like MJ was afraid and pulled out, when MJ was never going on in the first place.
From what MJ said in his Ebony interview, I sensed the feeling that MJ doesn't support these types of shows.

MJ appeared on Smap Smap in 2006, so this aint outa the question.
Let me clarify. I'm not talking about a "walk on" appearance. I mean, do you really think he would walk on the American Idol stage and just wave to the audience and chat with the 3 judges. LOL!

When I say LIVE APPEARANCE, I'm talking about a performance. And I feel he will not use the American Idol stage for his first live PERFORMANCE.

Let me clarify. I'm not talking about a "walk on" appearance. I mean, do you really think he would walk on the American Idol stage and just wave to the audience and chat with the 3 judges. LOL!

When I say LIVE APPEARANCE, I'm talking about a performance. And I feel he will not use the American Idol stage for his first live PERFORMANCE.

thanks for clearing that up. appearence means appearance, and performance means performance. i agree with u totally, but its not out of the question. its not something fans would expect, but maybe that appeals to him? - the element of "hah u didnt see that coming". It probably doesnt, he probably isnt involved, but its not impossible.

Last edited:
Another thing is that if this turns out not to be true, I'm afraid that AI will try to cover their butt and say that Michael started making ridiculous demands and then decided not to show up when AI refused to meet them. This way AI can take the heat off themselves when the ish hits the fan because of their lying.

Last edited:
Another thing is that if this turns out not to be true, I'm afraid that AI will try to cover their butt and say that Michael started making ridiculous demands and then decided not to show up when AI refused to meet them. This way AI can take the heat off themseves when the ish hits the fan because of their lying.

AI hasnt announced anything. Paula simply said the THINKS its MJ. Not that she knows it is. She didnt confirm anything, just simply added her prediction like we are here. The fans only have themselves to blame if they are disappointed if it turns out to not be MJ, which is the likely result.

Another thing is that if this turns out not to be true, I'm afraid that AI will try to cover their butt and say that Michael started making ridiculous demands and then decided not to show up when AI refused to meet them. This way AI can take the heat off themseves when the ish hits the fan because of their lying.
This is what I am afraid of as well. They use MJ's name to hype up their programme and then they lie on him to get out of it. Then fans start throwing a hissy as if MJ hasd promised them anything.
MJ needs to come straight out and deny these rumours when they come out cause they are attacking his name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back