Merged: A message from one of Michael's techs on TII

Re: A message from one of Michael's techs on TII

Because Mike didn't want to do 50 shows, and they had him wrapped round their fingers.

Aww Michael :cry: :cry:

This broke my heart...AGAIN.

however, in the case of MJ...lol..the backup dancers had trouble keeping up with him, and some of MJ's jerking movements..lightning like movements couldn't stand any form of back problem. and people have been saying he had it for more than ten years. that's why i have doubts about it, with MJ. nobody can move like MJ did in that movie, with a perfect back. but MJ did, so, that's why i have my doubts about a bad back, in any sense... regular dancer aches and pains, from a perfectly healthy person, aside.

Were you watching the same film as I was? Apparently not. Those dancers were so on point, more so than Michael. As far as dancing goes, This Is It is the weakest Michael has ever been, whether he was marking it or whatever. Yeh he was feeling it and he was into it and hitting certain bits but all the dancers were stronger than him and you can clearly see that, if you cant see that your either blind or a fool. Nothing against Mike but movement wise he wasn't at his best.

Furthermore, you don't know the extent of his back problems, because he obviously had them its in the autopsy, do you seriously think they should go back and check again because YOU think that its not right?

Human Nature didn't look like anything would severely hurt a back from that movement. Unless you were in serious pain, and if he was, he likely wouldn't be doing it.

Were you watching the same film as I was? Apparently not. Those dancers were so on point, more so than Michael. As far as dancing goes, This Is It is the weakest Michael has ever been, whether he was marking it or whatever. Yeh he was feeling it and he was into it and hitting certain bits but all the dancers were stronger than him and you can clearly see that, if you cant see that your either blind or a fool. Nothing against Mike but movement wise he wasn't at his best.

Furthermore, you don't know the extent of his back problems, because he obviously had them its in the autopsy, do you seriously think they should go back and check again because YOU think that its not right?

Human Nature didn't look like anything would severely hurt a back from that movement. Unless you were in serious pain, and if he was, he likely wouldn't be doing it.

compare this is it rehearsals to the dangerous tour rehearsals for dancing.... this is it destroys them. We don't know anything about how his dancing was now. The only we could tell would be to watch him go full out, and if you watched that this is it end dance, his upper body was as in point as it ever has been. His footwork wasn't great for the best in the business, but nothing can be drawn from that as no matter how old, you don't loose footwork like that. We don't really know how good he was at dancing full out. You could clearly see he was improving between the earlier and later rehearsals, im sure by the concert he would have been more than fine

you know, i actually believe this. Mainly for the fact that the dude took his TIME to come out with this statement. Anybody tryin to cash in on the fact of MJ's death and This Is It would have done it right after his death or around the time the film was released to theaters. He claimed that he worked on the Dangerous tour, and even pin pointed to the fact that the Dangerous rehersal is online. I as well wouldnt want to believe that MJ was bein toyed around the entire time, but that's also been in the back of my mind. There were professional cameras there according to the guy, on days when MJ was at the rehersals. Normally when an artist records the run-thrus, its with a home style camera. On some of the footage on the TTI movie you can see how the quality changes from Theater quality to a lower, home video type. There apparently was a reason for professional cameras to be around. hmmz this may have just opened up another can of worms...i've always had a feeling there was something a lil "snakey" about Kenny Ortega, but could neva put my finger directly on it. He's also right about the fans one day being able to see the rehersals as it SHOULD BE! i keep tellin yal that the dancers have this footage lol

Nah I dont believe it.

I know the back thing is true. But the thing about his feet I dont believe. I mean, he wasnt just in a few dance routines. He danced throughout the whole thing. Thats one thing.

I do not know if this post is true but the feet thing is true, I've heard it before.

It doesn't even matter, I don't know why people are so worked up about this. Its something all professional dancers have to deal with.

And vncwilliams, MJ did have things going on with his back, its in the coroner report and its not new information really...there was talk he damaged his back when he fell/stage collapsed. So what if he did, in the movie you can see Michael moving and dancing well, the news of back problem doesn't change that. His back problem obviously didn't stop him dancing it just hurt a bit afterwards (according to this). Its nothing to fight against, worry or get worked up about. It doesn't change how he is in the movie.

Last edited:

Have you ever seen Michael rehearse before? Before you criticize him and say This Is It was the weakest he has ever been, you should try to keep in mind that this was a rehearsal. Of course the back up dancers are giving it their all because they don't want to be the one that screws up in front of Michael. The dancers were more acrobatic and maybe physically stronger than Michael but they didn't outdance him. Michael was 50, he wasn't doing all the same moves as when he was 20. If you think doing flips and spinning on your head is good dancing then maybe I can understand where you are coming from . That is part of it, but imo a bigger part is grace and artistry. None of the dancers had the grace or artistry Michael had in the film. I disagree with you totally. And you know what, I am neither blind or a fool. I would appreciate if if you wouldn't insult people who disagree with you. Ít's not nice.

you know, i actually believe this. Mainly for the fact that the dude took his TIME to come out with this statement. Anybody tryin to cash in on the fact of MJ's death and This Is It would have done it right after his death or around the time the film was released to theaters.

Actually this story has been floating around the internet for months......

Actually this story has been floating around the internet for months......

Really? but the guy hadn't made this specific post until after the dvd was released, because he clearly stated that. The dvd was released 3weeks ago That's what I'm ma kin my point from

Have you ever seen Michael rehearse before? Before you criticize him and say This Is It was the weakest he has ever been, you should try to keep in mind that this was a rehearsal. Of course the back up dancers are giving it their all because they don't want to be the one that screws up in front of Michael. The dancers were more acrobatic and maybe physically stronger than Michael but they didn't outdance him. Michael was 50, he wasn't doing all the same moves as when he was 20. If you think doing flips and spinning on your head is good dancing then maybe I can understand where you are coming from . That is part of it, but imo a bigger part is grace and artistry. None of the dancers had the grace or artistry Michael had in the film. I disagree with you totally. And you know what, I am neither blind or a fool. I would appreciate if if you wouldn't insult people who disagree with you. Ít's not nice.

Of course I've seen his other rehearsals, but making the comparison is pointless. The Dangerous rehearsals are all from one day. The This Is It rehearsals are spread over several months, so it makes it harder to see how much hes actually done in that one day and what the process is. But logically, look how its edited, hes cut out of half of the drill! Why do you think that is? When hes doing it with them in the green screen room he looks stronger than when hes doing it the staples center not to mention hes marking it in those clips AND hes doing wrong, sure its a rehearsal and you can make mistakes, but come on. The only performance I felt was still up to par as far as dancing goes is Beat It, which was probably one of the best performances in the film. Even Billie Jean wasn't that good and I've seen fans come up with loads of reasons for his footwork not being up to scratch, from his shoes, to his feet hurting etc

This isn't aimed at you directly, but how can you say he looks great, its only a rehearsal he isn't doing everything full out and then when he doesn't do other things, you like to bring up the fact that hes not the same age as he was? My point is, he was 50 and regardless of if he was Michael Jackson or not his dancing (as far as what is shown in the film) isn't shown to be on the level of what it was 10 years ago, let alone 20 or 30.

Now I'm not saying he still had it, but from what they shown in the film, his dancing was not on point as it use to be. I GUARANTEE that if any other dancer danced exactly like he did in TII, you would not even be comparing them to MJ, they would just get shot down.

Not to sound like a prick (which I probably do, but I don't care) but I am a dancer so I actually know how things work, I don't know what your knowledge is and for all I know you could know more than me, but his dancing was not as good or even on the same level as it use to be. FACT.

nastybreakdown^this prove that the person was not in the stables center, he just like us waiting for the DVD , especially if he/she is from TINI group.

Last edited:

karen said most parts were not true.

Of course I've seen his other rehearsals, but making the comparison is pointless. The Dangerous rehearsals are all from one day. The This Is It rehearsals are spread over several months, so it makes it harder to see how much hes actually done in that one day and what the process is. But logically, look how its edited, hes cut out of half of the drill! Why do you think that is? When hes doing it with them in the green screen room he looks stronger than when hes doing it the staples center not to mention hes marking it in those clips AND hes doing wrong, sure its a rehearsal and you can make mistakes, but come on. The only performance I felt was still up to par as far as dancing goes is Beat It, which was probably one of the best performances in the film. Even Billie Jean wasn't that good and I've seen fans come up with loads of reasons for his footwork not being up to scratch, from his shoes, to his feet hurting etc

This isn't aimed at you directly, but how can you say he looks great, its only a rehearsal he isn't doing everything full out and then when he doesn't do other things, you like to bring up the fact that hes not the same age as he was? My point is, he was 50 and regardless of if he was Michael Jackson or not his dancing (as far as what is shown in the film) isn't shown to be on the level of what it was 10 years ago, let alone 20 or 30.

Now I'm not saying he still had it, but from what they shown in the film, his dancing was not on point as it use to be. I GUARANTEE that if any other dancer danced exactly like he did in TII, you would not even be comparing them to MJ, they would just get shot down.

Not to sound like a prick (which I probably do, but I don't care) but I am a dancer so I actually know how things work, I don't know what your knowledge is and for all I know you could know more than me, but his dancing was not as good or even on the same level as it use to be. FACT.

I don't think you're a prick. :) You are certainly entitled to your opinion. And thank you for not insulting me! I am not a dancer. But i have seen Michael rehearse in person and it is not the same as in concert. I think many people are comparing This Is It with concert footage. Sometimes in rehearsals he just barely did the moves, like he was just going through the sequence to make sure he knew what was next. This is all I am saying. And Michael's real energy came from the crowd. That's when he really let loose.

My reference to his age was referring to things like having his back up dancers pop out of the toaster instead of him. And having more breaks between dance numbers. These are things that anyone would do as they got older. Some people try to use these things as proof that he wasn't well. I think if they were 50 they would totally understand that everyone has to make some accomodation as they get older. But Michael still had it definitely, imo. We may have to agree to disagree. But that's ok. The worlds a damn big place, big enough for more than one opinion, I think.

I believe Karen said most parts are not true regarding another technician testimony. And no, TINI did not make this up if this is some people infer

umm interesting.

i know about Mike's health problem, why do people act like Mike is Superman?
for an average healthy 50 year old man, that's fine but Mike had lung problems, back, dancers' feet, etc, he had been using his body for a long time now, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out TII concerts would have cause major fatal health issues.

ridiculous, don't know if this WHOLE thing is true but i sure as hell agree with the health issues.

and in fact strange why all the damn rehearsal footage were within a few weeks before the 25th... when they said they had over 100 hours... BS.

I believe Karen said most parts are not true regarding another technician testimony. And no, TINI did not make this up if this is some people infer

I found the other story. Sorry, I got them confused. The other "inside" story is posted in a thread titled "Interesting story from inside" or something like that. It was first posted at the end of October 2009. If you search for it, you can find it; I don't know how to link to another thread. That post says some similar things but it is not identical and I can't tell if it is the same person or not because they don't identify themselves. If these stories are not true, then it seems to me it is probably just someone wanting to get their 5 minutes of fame.

umm interesting.

i know about Mike's health problem, why do people act like Mike is Superman?
for an average healthy 50 year old man, that's fine but Mike had lung problems, back, dancers' feet, etc, he had been using his body for a long time now, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out TII concerts would have cause major fatal health issues.

ridiculous, don't know if this WHOLE thing is true but i sure as hell agree with the health issues.

and in fact strange why all the damn rehearsal footage were within a few weeks before the 25th... when they said they had over 100 hours... BS.

I'm a rocket scientist and I don't think TII would have caused fatal health issues.:cheeky:

Naw seriously though, I think he would have been ablr to do them. but that is just me. Nothing in the autopsy (which by the way does not mention any problem with his feet at all, unless this is a redacted report) would leave me to believe that he still could not due whatever he wanted.

I'm a rocket scientist and I don't think TII would have caused fatal health issues.:cheeky:

Naw seriously though, I think he would have been ablr to do them. but that is just me. Nothing in the autopsy (which by the way does not mention any problem with his feet at all, unless this is a redacted report) would leave me to believe that he still could not due whatever he wanted.
not even the lung problems? (yes he had it for awhile, i know)

well the dancer's feet, i'm sure he would have had, not been proven though, other than Mike was on a wheel chair not even a year before announcing his 10 shows... which became 50 =_=.

i personally don't believe he could have.

umm interesting.

I think they did have that much footage, just not with "that much" Michael in it.

They just filmed everything that was going on there.
Like filming the building of the stage(what they show before Jam) , how many hours of footage is that?

BULLSH!T

Come on guys. We, the REAL fans, can't be duped.

It's just there's people out there who have nothing better to do than tarnish something beautiful.

F*ck em!

Anyone can easily fabricate negativity and lies from anything, it's easy. The people who do this are the same people who believe 9/11 was set up by the government, but lets not get into that!

Love you MJ. So much man. I know you're smilling down on everything that's happening.

Interesting....thanks for posting..

A message from one of Michael's techs on This Is It

"Hi,
Maximum Jackson - Discussion Board
www.maximum-jackson.com
A Message from One of Michael's Techs on TII Tabloid Junkie
My name is jhon. I will spare a second name as i do not want any lawsuits brought against me by AEG or any company affiliated with them.

I worked as part of the technical team on Michaels This is it production.

Firstly let me just say, Michael was a good man, i bare him no ill will or malice, but the reason for this posting is for a few simple reasons--I am publicly not permitted to talk about any aspect of the this is it production. Everyone who worked on that has been told not to give any kind of public statement, only officials or people who are granted permission by AEG are allowed to discuss publicly about the production. People who are allowed are the obvious ones, such as directors(Kenny etc.) Dancers, a few people from production(set, costume designers), musical director etc, the dancers etc...

Understand this...everything that is being said by these people has been vetted and checked. They are told which details to reveal.

MY main anger and point of this article is 3 main things, that i witnessed but did not see in the dvd movie(that my nephew purchased)

1. Many of the vocals used in this is it movie are not the vocals i heard. Please hear me out.
I heard Michael sing ALL of his songs without playback, in the rehearsals we NEVER USE PLAYBACK. When i was younger and starting out i got a job on Michaels earlier tour in 1991. I worked as a junior in productions, and i witnessed 2 rehearsal sessions.--there was no playback, even though when he had taken the show out of rehearsals and onto the road there was a playback. I am sure you can find rehearsals from an earlier tour on the INTERNET--just look into it-he never uses playback on rehearsals-it is pointless because there is no audience .
Basically from my experience with Michael, he never uses playback in rehearsals.--it is a waste, as there is no audience.

I am unhappy that Kenny did not show Michaels real voice on a few songs.

2. My second problem is that some performances from Michael has been left out. He turned up for around 3 rehearsals a week, out of a 6 day week. And in the end had done around 4 full rehearsals before june 25th.

How it worked was like this---Michael spent time learning the moves with his choreographer, and would come in and rehearse with the dancers on average 1-2 times a week, the 3rd day when he was at rehersals he looked into productions and had costume fittings etc.. When Michael was absent there would be a double, just to step in(so the dancers could rehearse). I blatantly saw this double in the movie, in the Smooth criminal performance. You see, that background(with the towers and building)was fully completed after his death. Any footage of him in-front of those building in smooth criminal is not him, HOWEVER IT IS MICHAEL WHEN THE BACKGROUND IS WHITE. That particular scene was confusing, as they mixed the 2 footages together-the footage of the buildings is used with a Michael step in( a double), and when he is in-front of a white screen that is him.-confusing but watch that scene again and you will know what i mean.--it is him when he says POW and he is in front of a WHITE screen, BUT IT IS THE DOUBLE WHEN HE IS IN-FRONT OF A 3D BACKGROUND OF BUILDINGS.

Other performances that, after researching it, has been denied. MICHAEL did perform dirty Diana--it was a masterpiece.---granted Michael did not sound all that good, it was only rehearsal.--he did it twice. The set up was excellent.---why AEG are denying it had taken place i do not know.

We are the world was also performed, and heal the world and a few others.

iNFACT IF YOU LOOK HARD ENOUGH ON THE INTERNET YOU WILL FIND FANS THAT HAVE RECORDED HIM PERFORMING DIRTY DIANA(ON THERE PHONES OUTSIDE STAPLE CENTRE), BUT KENNY HAS DENIED THAT HE PERFORMED IT.

I just wanted to let you guys, the real fans, that there is the real footage out there somewhere and one day you will hopefully get to see it.

3. MY third problem with the movie is it did not address the health concerns that we all saw. Not the thinness, Michael, if my memory serves me well has always been thin-this was not a problem. The problems that i saw, was basically Michael had some problem with his feet. After his rehearsal with the dancers, he would usually be in a great deal of pain, from his feet. I don't know if any one can shed some light on this, but someone on set said his skin on his feel tears easily and has become very sensitive-after years of putting them to use i guessed-this is why Michaels dancers were going to do a large number of the heavy routines, with Michael only participating in a few dance routines(such as beat it the way you make me feel), the rest of the time he would be just walking around stage, filling the room with his presence

He was also in great pain from his back. Although this is not in the movie, but on days that Michael was not there randy, don't know his second name but from my understanding at the time, he was the man who was funding this elaborate show, randy was always talking to Kenny about Michaels and his worries about him not completing 50. Randy and Kenny were talking a lot, and made alot of plans in-case his health fails, Randy also hired a doctor for Michael.

Kenny, as instructed by Randy, always made sure the camera's were rolling on the days mj turned up for rehearsals, although he denies this, but these film footages were made as a guarantee, that if something happened he would have something get his investment back on. I don't know if you fans know this, or whether it is common knowledge or not, but Kenny and Randy are cousins(i think distant)

In fact we were all told that if we saw Michael and his entourage we were to send word to Kenny immediately so as he could instruct the camera men to film.

Well i have said my peace...

What the hell is he going on about with smooth criminal. The city is him in the run through with the white background digitally imposed onto a skyline for the vignette, its so bloody obvious........... to me this is a load of crap........... everything he is saying is so unbelievably obvious its hardly a revelation. I think we all know michael and im 100% sure no double was used at any point in the film. I highly doubt he is genuine

That's not true, I watched the making of the Smooth Criminal vignette and in the corner of one of the shots, his double is sitting down. I think the double was used to jump out the window in video, they said they didn't want MJ to do it.

As for this whole story thing, I think we'll never know the truth... ever, there's just too many people with different stories. I have noticed that TDCAU audio in the TII movie is different from the clip AEG released after MJ's death.

I really wish they didn't use playback on some songs on TII and even during some of his gigs back in the day, his voice was always perfect, but I guess after tough dance routines and his age he couldn't do both simultaneously all the time. But because this documents his REHEARSALS the playback I believe is unnecessary.

He probably did have dancers feet but this was not shown in the movie, he seemed to enjoy every step and note he produced.

btw, does anybody know where I can get this dirty diana live audio from?

wait, found it

Some of the story is true then :)

Also, I do remember someone like Kenny say he didn't perform dirty diana, he was supposed to on day of his death, but let me find the clip for that.

Sometimes it was only one person filming, there are moments in the movie Michael might do moonwalk but we can´t see because it´s not the right angle.I think it would have been more cameras there if they were going to do a movie.
It doesn´t matter if Randy Phillips and Kenny Ortega was cousins, being cousins doesn´t make you friends.
Michael asked for Kenny, they were friends.
I think truth and lies are mixed in the story.

Back