Message From MJ Estate : "Regarding Michael's Wishes - Children's Charities"

ivy

Proud Member
We all know how much Michael cared about children and children’s charities, among his many causes, and we also know that many of Michael’s fans want to honor him by making charitable donations or volunteering their time to help others. We have received many inquiries from concerned and caring fans looking for information to help them in making their choices in this regard.

Although we are not at liberty to provide any details at the present time, we can say that the Executors are very much looking forward to sharing with the fans (and the world at large) the way in which they intend to implement Michael’s wishes under his will to have a certain portion of his estate benefit children’s charities. The process is underway but there are many steps that have to be taken before the announcement can be made. Bear with us, keep your faith, commitment and patience.

Just know that this is an important concern and focus for the Estate.

That's great - maybe a children's hospital? Seeing as it was one of Michael's last wishes on record :(

I'll be patient. I have faith and know there will be a Michael Jackson Children's Hospital. I look forward to becoming one of the many regular donors to the hospital.

I look forward to hearing more about this, but I think one would have to donate a LOT of money to name a prominent children's hospital after them. I hope it happens one day...

Oh this is wonderful news. I'm glad the Estate is trying to carry out Michael's wishes.

Message From MJ Estate ?
MJJCommunity belongs to the Estate?

A message from the Estate is being relayed to people through a post on MJJC. There is nothing about the message or the posting of it that implies that MJJC belongs to the Estate.

Thanks for the information, Ivy. I'm sure that Michael's wishes for this will be seen through. It would be awesome if a part of that is a hospital in his name.

Message From MJ Estate ?

MJJC is a private owned Board and is supported by the owner and by fans donations
We do not belong to the Estate. The Estate sends out Messages via twitter or emails
to the Major fans board. We are just relaying the message. I hope that clarifies

could somebody please give me an e-mail address where i can reach the estate?

oh my goodness. a Michael Jackson's Children Hospital would be the best tribute we could ever ever possibly do. I would def be a regular donator!!
man ...that would be just unimaginably gorgeous

I hope all the money from Estate will go first to the MICHAEL JACKSON´S CHILDREN HOSPITAL.

I hope his wishes will come true. :cry:

Thanks for the info.

Interesting.

In times when so many around the world claim to be doing something "for charity" and "in the name of Michael" (mmm...-_-), it's good to know there are serious steps being taken by the Estate to do its part.

I have been far away from all major legal issues sorounding the Estate, but I know MJ left a part of his money to charities. Is this what they mean? If so, well, it would be good to see after such a long time that part of his will been fulfilled.

I'll be patient. I have faith and know there will be a Michael Jackson Children's Hospital. I look forward to becoming one of the many regular donors to the hospital.

I don't know how realistic would a children' hospital (way to expensive to manage)...but they could have a wing in some high profile children' hospital name after him.

LA children hospital is one i can think of of the top of my head...but expect lots of controversy because of the molestation accusations.

Message From MJ Estate ?

all major fan boards received the same messages...Does that mean they all belong to the estate?

what a ridiculous & preposterous thing to write!

Last edited:
Judging by your posts and your post count you clearly have nothing to offer our community,

Therefore, bye bye.

Best post ever. Seriously.

I think some people sign up to push their own agenda.

I am sick of these innuendos and accusations against the fan community. We are good as long as we support their fuckeries.

Michael Jackson Children's Hospital...that has a wonderful sound, doesn't it. But who is to say it has to be located in the US? Michael loved Africa too and there sure is a need for children's care on that continent. Although with all the turmoil there it might not be the most realistic place. Maybe in South Africa? I've also read that Botswana and Ghana are pretty stable countries also...

I don't think it's the beginnings of Michael Jackson Childrens Hospital but as suggested earlier could be the founding of a new childrens ward or simething like that. Just because Michael mentioned the children's hospital idea in that illegal recording doesn't mean its anywhere near coming into being. He could've just mentioned an idea off the top of his head. But whatever the announcement will be it will be a really positive thing :yes:

I have been far away from all major legal issues sorounding the Estate, but I know MJ left a part of his money to charities. Is this what they mean? If so, well, it would be good to see after such a long time that part of his will been fulfilled.

yes 20% of MJ's estate is left to children charities and that's what they are talking about. It might not be a hospital but still that money would go to charities. And it's normal to see that it takes time. They need to pay the debts first. They recently same to a position that they can make an initial distribution. It will still take some time but it's goof to hear that they are working on it.

Plus large volume donation isn't as straight forward as donating say 10 or 20 quid every now and then.

It would be such a beautiful thing if Michael's last heard wish of a Children's hospital could be accomplished, Although it would cost alot of money to make it happen...NOTHING is impossible.

The estate could not fund a whole Hospital it would take millions and miliions
maybe if is was a non profit funded by donations and the estate gave a percenatege
This is what the fans on face book who want to realise a childrens Hosp could participate in.
Non the less the estate is working on setting something in place for Michael charitiable
contributions from his estate and that is great news :)

This is nice to hear. This is what Michael Jackson was truly about as we know. I'm looking forward to hearing more. :)

I don't have the knowledge and the technical know-how's of how such noble goal can be achieved. By building a hospital from scratch? By making a large endowment to an existing institution and have it renamed after Michael? That can be done. Cornell Medical College is named after Sandy Weill, former CEO of Citigroup. It is reported that he made a donation of $250 million to Cornell.

It doesn't matter where the hospital will be as long as the children in need will be looked after. It doesn't matter whether the entire hospital will be named after Michael. Like Meme said, they can have the children's ward named after Michael. What matters the most is that his wish is being honored. It can be accompished in any shape and form. And, I'll definitely contribute to it.

It's reasurring that the Estate responded to fans on this matter. I totally understand it takes time and huge amount of coordination, consideration and effort to achieve this goal. I have faith.

Great news. I like the way in which the estate always think and plan before making major decisions. I will wait for the outcome. They did not specify what it would be, so lets not run with the idea that they are going to make a hospital. There are many other ways to help children, and I am sure they are looking at various alternatives very carefully.

great news- I look forward to hearing details in the future and I'm glad Michael's wishes are being carried out. Great job as always by the estate.

Well, no, I don't seriously expect them to establish an entire children's hospital but it is a dream. And if you don't have your dreams, then what is life for? Look at what happened to Michael...from humble beginnings to world adulation...So I say, let's dream about it. Maybe a seed will be planted. Look at Bill Gates and all the money he has given away. Who knows who might be inspired to get involved.

Back