Michael Jackson - #1 Catalogue Artist in US Again!

deano

Proud Member
In the 2010 Year End Charts for the US, Michael Jackson, once again following his 2009 success, came out on top in various catagories. Some of them are as follows;

Top 5 Selling Catalogue Artists
#1 Michael Jackson
#2 Michael Buble
#3 The Beatles
#4 Taylor Swift
#5 Casting Crowns

Top 10 Selling Catalogue Albums
#1 Number Ones - Michael Jackson
#2 Taylor Swift Holiday Collection - Taylor Swift
#3 Noel - Josh Groban
#4 Peace On Earth - Casting Crows
#5 Journey's Greatest Hits - Journey
#6 The Essential Michael Jackson - Michael Jackson
#7 Thriller - Michael Jackson
#8 It's Time - Michael Buble
#9 Legend - Bob Marley And The Wailers
#10 Chronicle The 20 Greatest Hits - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Michael also had success in the Year End 'Soundtrack' Charts;

Top 5 Selling Soundtrack Albums - 2010
#1 This Is It - Michael Jackson
#2 Glee Season One (1)
#3 Glee Season One (2)
#4 The Twilight Saga: New Moon
#5 Alvin And The Chipmunks

Other notable chart finishes;

BB200 Top 100 Artists - 2010
#1 Taylor Swift
#2 Susan Boyle
#3 Lady Ga Ga
#4 Lady Antebellum
#5 Eminem
#6 Justin Bieber
#7 Michael Jackson

European Top 100 Albums - 2010
#10 This Is It - Michael Jackson

http://www.billboard.com/charts#/charts-year-end

Best Selling Music DVD's in the US - 2010
#3 Live In Bucharest - 118,000 (US TOTAL since release = 752,000)
#6 Number Ones - 93,000 (US TOTAL = 1,333,000)
#7 Visions - 81,000

As the only artist to have mutiple titles in the top 10, Michael Jackson easily becomes the #1 artist for total DVD sales in the US during 2010.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_watch/72690/chart-watch-extra-i-amthe-years-1-music-video/

**MODS - If you feel this belongs elsewhere, please could you leave this post open for a short while before moving, just so fans can read some good news for a change. :wink:

Congrat Michael! We love you. The legend continues...

While the MICHAEL album may have missed expectations, the appetite for MJ's music is still very visible. Sales for Experience are doing amazing, as is his back catalog.

i get so happy when i hear the words MICHAEL JACKSON and NUMBER 1 in the same sentence, he deserves everything that is given to him..

I LOVE THAT MAN!

While the MICHAEL album may have missed expectations, the appetite for MJ's music is still very visible. Sales for Experience are doing amazing, as is his back catalog.

Agreed Smooth. But a successful new album is only going to help his catalogue sales. Another 'push' for 'Michael' - with a move back up the charts - would help to cement a good 2011 for MJ and his Catalogue'. :wink:

I see 'Michael' was the #2 best selling album 'Worldwide' again last week! More great news.

Fantastic!!

MJ is forever DA KING !!!

Michael will always be #1 regardless of chart positions. This is still, however, wonderful.

it's not only US, MJ is great over here in Poland too. All the time I see kids dressed up like Michael, with hats, black jacket, white socks. At parties I see people dancing like Michael. It's pretty unbelievable now.

Number Ones is still in charts all across the world and this was originally released in 2003, I remember getting a copy for my 17th birthday-its amazing isn't it :wub:

GOOD music sells in spite of the circumstances... Michael's music will be selling for many years to come

.... forever Mike!

Long Live the King of Pop/Rock/Soul/ Music/Entertainment and King of our hearts Sir Michael Jackson!!!:yes::woohoo::jump::clap::flowers:

Back